Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

Broken didn't break the silence on the way back to the apartment from the funeral. The Lune had put them in a very serious position and they had been lucky the other wolves had not pressed the issue. She knew that James would want to talk about it later, and that they would have to deal with it, whether that be through lying, or telling him and seeming hypocrites. She wasn't sure what Alison wanted, to stay with her and continue, or to break the sexual ties, and continue as simple friends and packmates, or to break ties completely, which she dreaded the thought of. She had already lost a packmate, and to lose another would tear her apart inside. She resolved herself for the conversation that was obviously ahead once they were home.

As they entered, Broken moved to the couch and sat down. She waited to see if Alison would initiate the conversation, or if she would have to start this...

Alison silently contemplated their options on the way home. She understood that what they did was wrong, but she was an adult. She was free and capable of making her own decisions and if some self-righteous spirit was going to try order her around it was sadly mistaken. She had made the choice to be where she was, and now she had to deal with it in a way that was true to herself. The problem lay in the fact that she was not certain what that was.

By the time they reached the apartment Alison was no closer to a decision than when she started home. She followed BrokenShackles up and plopped down on the couch next to her and sighed heavily. "Well that could have been far worse for us than it was."

No shit... Broken thinks to herself. She can't help but chuckle slightly as Alison makes her statement. "Yes, it could have." She says with a small smile at Alison. Okay, so she's not screaming at me, so that’s a good thing. Maybe she's okay with this? I guess we'll see.

She had no idea where Alison's mind was at, and that drove her crazy inside, but she strived to keep it from showing. She turned slightly on the couch, facing Alison and giving her a meaningful look. "So... I guess we should probably talk about this and get it done and out of the way, huh?"

"I suppose that is for the best. Regardless of what we end up doing we should stand together on the position. Especially when James comes over," from the tone of her voice it was clear Alison was not looking forward to talking with James about this. "First things first. Do we be honest with what we did? Would that Lune even let us keep it secret?"

Broken thinks for a couple minutes, mulling the thought over in her head. "I think that was just a very unlucky coincidence that it called us out. Lunes don’t go around telling everyone your business, or at least, I've never heard of it happening." Broken says after thinking on it. "I have no problem trying to lie about it, keeping the truth from James, if that’s what you want. I don’t know how easy that would be, but we can go for it if you think its worth the effort. Or we could just be straight up about it. It doesn't matter much to me which side we go with." She says, with a slight shrug.

Alison thought for a while and finally spoke up, "Well, lying about it may be more trouble than it is worth. But to be honest I don't see how it is anyone's business but ours what we chose to do. I don't answer to James or anyone. Especially when I do end up leaving my pack. Maybe instead of starting with if we should lie or not we should start elsewhere." Alison got serious, looked BrokenShackles strait in the eye and continued, "How do you feel about us?"

Broken nodded along with her words, feeling almost identically, and agreeing with her. She answered to no one, claimed no pack. Hell, but for Alison, she was a lone wolf. Broken leaned back and looked at Alison with an equally serious expression. "I cannot deny myself or my feelings I care about you as more then just a simple packmate. I like you, bitch." She says, smiling, hoping to alleviate some of the weight on both their shoulders with a little humor. The smile faded quickly though. "I like you." She says, with an expression of worry.

That certainly complicated matters for Alison. Not because she found the other woman's feelings strange and alien, but because they almost mirrored her own. She chuckled at the name Broken called her, "...and I like you, you crazy bitch." Alison reached out and took hold of BrokenShackles' hand and still looking at her spoke, "I've never felt so close to someone before, and especially not with another woman. Is that enough? Everyone we meet will judge us, hate us, and despise us for even doing this the once. I don't even know how it would be if we decide to stay together in that way. We would likely have the entire city against us. There is no way that they would understand...what should we do?"

The worry disappears for a moment as Alison takes her hand. Broken's face is lit with a genuine smile, happy that Alison feels the same way. "Honestly, I have no idea what we should do." Broken says, shaking her head. "We could continue, but neither of us would be capable of being praised for our Purity. If that’s something you can live with as a Rahu, I wont say no to you." She says, squeezing her hand softly. "I honestly could care less what others think of us. If we decided to continue our relationship, we'd be best off trying to keep in on the D-L. The only thing I can think of where it being openly know would be within a pack we join, and even then, we'll probably get some dirty looks now and again if we don’t keep it modest. I really don’t know what we should do."

Alison gave Broken a pained expression at the mention of her auspice and Purity. She reflexively reached up with her free hand and touched her shoulder where renown was marked. She thought long and hard, looking emotionally at the woman. Finally she spoke slowly, "I don't know if that is something I could deal with easily. Being with you burns me equally with both pleasure and it pains me. I don't want to lose you and I will always cherish what we shared together, but maybe we should stop now while we still can." Alison blinked rapidly as several tears wet her cheeks. She leaned in and gave the woman one last long kiss before finally pulling away. "I will always love you, more than a sister has a right too..."

Few words cut as deeply as the ones just spoken to Broken. Somewhere deep within, she knew that this was the decision that would be made, but she had hoped for a different choice. As the tears fall freely and Alison leans in for the kiss, Broken does not hesitate to return it. She kisses her long and deep, cherishing their final moment together as something more than an emotionally restrained friendship. After a time, she pulls back from the kiss, eyes wet with barely held back tears. She reaches out, lightly tracing one hand along Alison's jaw line. "And I will always love you in the same way." She says, and with only final smile, she removed her hand from touching Alison and all emotion drained from her face. She put up a wall, a defense against the pain. Where inwardly she broiled with a raging fire of pain, outside she is a hollow husk.

She stood, and began to move towards her bedroom. "I'm going for a run." It would be very long run. She would run until even Uratha stamina failed her but she would return.

Alison nuzzled Broken's hand enjoying the woman's touch. It was painful to see the woman close herself off once more and it cut deep to say those words. However, she knew that if she did not say them now she never would.

When Kari left Alison balled up her fist and punched her end table shattering the top to pieces. Then she kicked in the side of it the sound of splintering wood filled the small apartment. When she was finished destroying the end table, she tilted back her head and still crying spoke, "Luna, I hate you, you fucking cunt." She left the broken end table behind and went to lie down in her bed. She knew that she wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight.
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Alison Yates | Rahu, Blood Talon
    Presence ••• (Confident) | Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Health 8/8 [][][][][][][][] | Willpower 6/6

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Striking Looks•• (Alluring)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

James gazes up at Alison's window on the street, considering what to say, what she'd need, but he'd never seen her in this situation before, and he honestly didn't know. "One step at a time James, just start by talking to her, persuading her to talk about it." He entered the building and made his way upstairs, dressed in the white t-shirt and blue jeans he'd worn when he first met Alison, in what now felt like another lifetime. He reached the door and rapped on it quietly.

Alison was sitting on the couch watching an old war movie while wearing a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt. Next to the couch was a pile of broken and splintered wood that at one time had been an end table. It was utterly destroyed and looked like it had been punched and kicked in multiple places. Alison had a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels sitting on the coffee table, there wasn't any glass either. She heard a knock on the door and grumbled irritably knowing who it was likely going to be. She looked at the bottle then the door and sighed, "Fuck it." She got up and opened the door. "Hey James," she answered before seeing who it was. There was a smell of whiskey coming off her.

James frowns, eying Alison and then his gaze snaps to the broken table and he begins to step inside as he hand slips inside his coat, a glint of black metal slowly as he grasps his gun, he glances at Alison and mouths. "Attack?"

Alison followed his gaze and grimaced, Damn it, I knew I should have threw that out. "Oh, that. I slipped and fell," she added as an obvious lie. "Come on in. Sorry about the mess."

Broken comes walking out of her bedroom at the sound of conversation. She is wearing her dedicated outfit, though it doesn't look very clean, and she herself, mainly exposed skin showing, looks like hell. Worn out, strung out, and overall just looking like she's having a shitty time. Her face shows no emotion at all, but upon seeing James she nods to him.

James gives her a nod in return, but his face tightens as he glances between the two of them and the wrecked table and he enters the room, stowing his gun back under his jacket. He stops in front of the table, eying it. "You slipped and fell... several times?" He turns and gives Alison a questioningly look.

She rolled her eyes as James pressed the issue and closed the door behind him, "Fine I fucking beat the shit out of it. Happy now?" She paused a moment and sighed, "Sorry James..."

"Hm?" He smiles at her lightly, but his eyes narrow as he studies her. "What are you sorry for?"

"Because we both are dealing with a decision we made, and its painful for both of us." Broken says, still stoic as she speaks to James, though there is a slight light of happiness in her eyes when she looks at Alison.

God this man is dense, I just wanna wring his neck. "For snapping at you man. I'm not exactly in the mood for twenty questions. Have a seat. I'd offer ya some boose but I know you don't drink." she made her way to the couch and sat back down. She picked up the remote and turned off the t.v.

James nods, rubbing his neck as he considered his options. He could probe Kari some more, she seemed more willing to give answers, but it was quite likely to raise Alison's hackles. He decided to be more patient with it, to see if he could find out was going on and took Alison's offer, settling on the sofa. "Thanks, do you have any juice Alison?"

"I got some bottled water and juice in the fridge," she turned to Kari and smiled sadly, "Will ya be my bitch and grab him one?"

Broken almost smiles... almost. "Yeah, I got it." She says, heading to the fridge and making a glass for James. She walks over, hands it to him and plops down onto the couch. She makes sure there is some space between her and Alison, not wanting to push her comfort zone.

James nods at Broken Shackles gratefully and takes a sip. "Thank you." He sighs and raises, stepping towards Alison and resting a hand on her shoulder lightly. "You're not looking so well." He glances at Kari. "Either of you."

Alison eyed the bottle of Jack lustfully and then looked to James as he put his hand on her shoulder. I know he is trying to be a good friend, but I really don't need this right now. "Well James, other than last night being the worst night of my life I'm doing fine." She sighed again and began to speak reluctantly, "There is something you should know, Kari and I started seeing each other after Michael died. We were fucking the shit out of each other. Last night after the funeral we broke it off. That's what you wanted to hear right?"

James stands stock still for a moment; the only sign that he’s not a statue is the glass in his hand shattering as his fingers tighten around it. He calmly looks down at his hand and then produces a handkerchief, using it to remove the glass shards in his hand and then carefully setting the bundle down on the table. He turns to face Kari, stepping towards her and gazing down at her, a growl in his otherwise calm voice. “Stand up.”

Broken half expected an angry reaction from James, and while everything in her told her to tear his throat out before he could do anything, she did as he told. Broken stands up, looking at James with the same stoicness, mentally preparing herself for what he might do. She truly hoped he didn't make the mistake of hitting her more than once, anything more than a single strike would push her limits of civility.

Alison shot to her feet, shifted to Dalu and growled at James, "Oh hell no! Don't you fucking try and pin this on her. I chose to sleep with her, just like I chose to break things off last night. I'm just as responsible as anyone so if you’re going to hate someone hate me too."

James spun away from Broken Shackles, eye to eye with Alison, his muscles tensing as he clenches his fists and for a moment he fights for control before he takes a step back, nodding in a gesture of submission. "Yelling blame at either of you isn't going to help with this and it's not the plan. What I -am- doing is offering you a choice Alison, this stays between us, no matter what, but if it does get out, you're both going to need a form of protection from any fallout. I'm Elodoth, and I'll offer you a suggestion, but this is your home, and you have control here. You can tell me to shut up and I'll not mention this again, you can tell me to get the hell out and I'll leave, or you can hear me out, but that choice is yours."

Broken seems taken aback by his quick calming. For a Blood Talon, he seemed to stow away the fighting instinct rather quickly and submit just as quick. Granted, he was right, it was their home, but Broken, were she in the same position would have barrelled into him and slammed him into the ground, forcing him to bare his neck. To each their own it seems. She lets the building tension in her release, not quite relaxing, but calming herself as the threat was no longer so open. "I'll listen if Alison is willing to. I cant say we're friends, but I'd like to think I've grown on you somewhat, despite everything."

Alison shifted back into Hishu which released some of the strain on the seams of her clothing as it once again hung loosely. She looked to James, "James you've been a good friend, I appreciate you keeping this between us. I'll listen to what you have to say, you know that." Alison sat back down on the couch.

James nods, rubbing his chin. "Then here's my suggestion, right now you two have each other, and you're very strong together, Sally actually said that, and when it comes to people I've learnt to trust her instincts. But believe me on this Kari, very few werewolves in the city are going to be happy with an former Anshega and if they have any excuse..." He trails off, glancing meaningfully at Alison. "That's why they can't find out and why you need a support structure if they ever do, a pack that's capable of accepting the both of you." He steps away, pacing a little. "And if they ask or protest, you can point out that what I'm suggesting, should you take it, is your attempt at redemption." He glances back at Broken Shackles. "You may be one of the strongest werewolves in the city, and I easily admit I'm not, despite my growing skills, your protection would stand for a very great deal." He switches his gaze to Alison. "And I'd need a beta, someone I can trust and who's one of the most competent werewolves I've ever met.”

Broken listens intently. She agreed with him on most, if not all, fronts. "I can accept that, hiding this from others. If the pack, should we join, must know, then so be it, as long as they keep it under wraps as well." She nods towards his compliment. Smiling slightly, she continues. "Loyalty is earned, not bought or bartered. If Alison agrees to join as well, then you have mine. You have proven that your a trustworthy sort, and until you show otherwise I would lend you my claws."

Alison looked between James and BrokenShackles and thought hard. "James, you know I like ya and it would be good to have us all together. But, I'm still in Heart of Granite I wouldn't be able to join another pack without parting from them. Also I still remember meeting you in the bar before your first change, are you sure your ready to be alpha and could I respect your leadership?"

James turns to Alison, focusing his attention on her, after a warm smile at Broken Shackles and a respectful nod. "I can't answer all those questions for you, when it coms to the Heart of Granite, you need to choose, but if you were completely set on staying with them, we wouldn't be having this conversation now, you'd thank me for my offer but tell me no. So I need to persaude you." He tilts his head thoughtfully. "This is what I plan to suggest when we meet, to anyone who's there. We're trapped and weakened Alison, the Forsaken in this city. The Pure have territory on three sides and they've shown they don't need to enter our territory to hurt us. We need defenses, ways to combat them and counter their attacks, and knowing what they plan is most important."

He settles in a chair, pausing for a breath. "Information gathering, if we can ally with the right spirit courts, convice them it benefits them to work with us, we can have eyes and ears everywhere on our territory. That's my first plan, the ability to know and predict threats so we can stop them before they destroy us. The second, something far more long term is to establish stronger relationships between the packs in the city, trades and favours and agreements, a more unifed gathering of the Forsaken."

He leans forward, his eyes intent behind his glasses. "I've suffered like you did. I lost my alpha, I saw my packmates flee and vanish, all except for Jonathan, and I decided then, that I'd fight tooth and nail against such things happening again. I may not have been a werewolf as long as many others here, but I can promise you Alison, I'll show you very quickly you can respect me as Alpha, and that I have that ability."

James’ words took Alison by surprise. That plan certainly sounds odd, a spirit information network?"I would have to tie things up with my pack and let them know I'd leave. Hm...I don't know how plausible that will be. Spirits can be very hard to persuade, especially for Forsaken. Do we have anyone that knows any wards? We shouldn't try to rely on spirits alone."

James smiles, nodding. "I'll raise that question at the meet, if no one there does, I'll make it a point to study that myself. And I agree, we'd need to research other means, such as how extensive the CCTV network in the city is, and if we can tap into it. From what I've seen of them, the others will be very good when it comes to offering their own ideas."

"I have to agree, spirits can be fickle little bastards. They only listen when they have something to gain, or their too afraid to disobey. Dominance and all that." She says. "If we could establish a network, both in the Herd and in Spirits, we could have a decent chance of being prepared for most shit that is tossed at us. We need to establish dominance in this territory, and quickly, before the other packs see us as weak and move to take what they believe we can’t hold ourselves. That’s what I would do, were I in their position."

"Well, I won't be in a position to join anything unless I can speak with my pack. You will want to show everyone that the pack is strong and still able to defend their territory. I propose that we take charge of the sewers as well. They need to be cleansed and the gauntlet should be repaired. It would also be a way that we can show that the pack can resolve issues of importance."

James nods. "Of course, you have that time, I'll call the meet when it's a good time for it, and I agree, dealing with that mess would send a clear message that we're capable." He smiles at them both. "And thank you both, your support and advice means a very great deal, especially from you Alison." He raises, then pauses, settling again. "I wanted to ask as well, before I go, what were your impressions of the others there?" He glances at Alison as he asks, but the question is directed openly.

"Well, I hope you won't take this badly but if you want to know I'll tell you. I know how you felt about Sally and let me start off by saying that Sally seems nice. However, she needs to realize that she is not a human anymore and has way too many human ways of approaching things. Her religious leanings for one, and the way she acts around others she is a little too affectionate, which leads to problems. I know how that sounds coming from me, but that just means I recognize the danger of acting that way around others of the people. I don't know a lot about the others, but I think they have some issues with respecting authority and if they stay around we may need to kick their ass to put them in their place. They are kind of uptight too. "I'd need to get to know them better to form a strong opinion about them."

"Despite is sounding like the pot calling the kettle black; I have to agree about Sally being a little too lovey-dovey. Other than that, Jonathan seems alright, if a little too weak for my tastes, and Joe... well Joe and me are probably going to have to brawl before I decide if I like him or not. He's got something about him. Maybe its my former allegiance, but I've got that itch saying that he wants a fight, if anything just to see where I stand. I might be wrong about that though. Otherwise, I don’t know them good enough to judge."

James nods. "Then this meet's going to be especially important, if we're going to be a pack we need to know each other and be able to stand with one another." He glances at Kari. "If you and Joseph need to fight, I won't step in the way, so long as it's to square off where you both stand and doesn't risk the integrity of the pack." He stands, smiling at them both. "Thank you both, and good to see you again, thanks for the drink and the invite Alison, and I'll see you both soon." James heads for the door.

Alison nodded, "Don't mention it. Thanks for stopping over and I'll be in touch about my pack." She watched James head for the door and wondered if she was making the right choice in following James. He seems a little too soft to be alpha and rough at times he shouldn't be. I hope he grows into it.

Broken nods to James as he makes his way out. She turns to Alison. "Well... aren't we just the luckiest bitches in town?" She says with a laugh as she heads to the bathroom, starting a hot shower for herself. She needed time to think, and set her mind to readiness for what the future might hold.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

The warm afternoon sun beat down on Alison as she clung to the rock face. The feel of smooth stone warmed by the midday sun was comforting to the touch, which was a stark contrast to the cool cracks and crevices her taped and chalked hands found for support. She was dressed in her climbing gear, which consisted of a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, her climbing shoes, cams, rope, and other gear belted to her climbing harness. Nothing she carried was unneeded and all was carefully selected.

A cool breeze blew across her back and she could hear the sounds of birds in the distance. She examined the crack in front of her and saw that the stone was good and solid while free of debris. She unfastened a cam from her gear and wedged it into a crack. After it was secure she reached down, and fastened her line to the cam’s loop with a carabiner and finished by giving it a little tug to make sure it was secure. Resting her weight on the newly placed cam she admired the scenery around her and took a long deep breath of the fresh mountain air. This is more like it. I really needed this especially after…well that. It is also nice to get out of the city. She smiled and took in everything around her while resting her muscles. Several minutes passed she turned back to the rock in front of her. Reaching up with her left hand she found another crack and pulled herself up before moving her foot up for better support.

Alison could feel more staying ability and strength in her legs, arms, and grip. I guess all the time at the gym, working out, climbing, and sparing is paying off. She thought with satisfaction. First she looked down and the up to gauge her progress. It looked to her like she was nearing the top of her short climb. She slowly made her way up the rock face examining the stone for signs of weakness and adjusting her accent to accommodate the micro and macro structure of the rock. A grin spread across her face, it looked like today would be a good day.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alison’s breath came in steady gasps as sweat beaded on her forehead and the cold outside air temperature went unnoticed as steam billowed off her form only to dissipate into the surrounding environment. She felt the first sun rays of the day begin to slowly reach her through her sweats as it crested over the horizon. It was just Alison, her workout mix playing on her mp3 player, and her morning run. She had been working on her stamina so she had slowly been increasing her run lengths and was up to about eight miles.

Running past the blue mailbox next to the vacant lot had marked the halfway point and she circled it and turned back the way she came. She gave a wave and a smile to a passing patrol vehicle and was rewarded with one in return. Then once the vehicle was behind her she reached for her Camelbak straw and took a couple of long sips as she ran. After swallowing the water she spit the straw out and it dangled of her shoulder. She was making good time and may even be making an improvement.

I’ll have to try some sprints near the end, she thought to herself as she trudged along.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

The large house felt empty to Alison as she walked through the front door. This place was hers as alpha, but all of Heart Of Granite shared it. However, all of HOG consisted of Steve and Alison at the moment. She tossed her duffle bag down on the floor of the large room that a human would call a family room. She stripped out of her street clothes and stood there in her underwear for a while taking in the emptiness of the place. Finally she reached into her back and pulled out a pair of shorts then put them on.

She left her clothes and belongings in the room and walked through the house wearing her sports bra and shorts. The place was sparsely furnished with only a few pieces here or there. Many of the rooms had nothing at all. But, the kitchen had a full compliment of appliances and was the only exception. She spent a little time in each room and then moved up to the bedrooms upstairs, all of which were the most empty. Alison sighed as she took in the quiet and the loneliness.

HOG wasn’t the first pack she had been in, but it was the first one she had joined since being in Sacramento and it was certainly her first time being alpha. She had dreamed about the day that she would lead a pack of her own; a pack of brothers and sisters, comrades in arms closer than blood. This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. She never dreamed that she would be handed alpha because there was no one else to take it and never earn it; she never expected to inherit an empty den and empty pack to go with it; she never expected to fail her pack brother Eli so completely as she did in Tur with the Pure incursion.

“Some Alpha I turned out to be. I wonder how long it will be until I fail everyone that matters to me?” She said to no one while tears formed in her eyes.

After taking several deep breaths she made her way back down to the large room on the main floor and began her meditations. She needed to focus her mind if she was to make any progress here today. After about a half hour in meditation Alison finally stood up. She began her stretching, which allowed her to take a more actively focus her mind and body. Once she was limber enough and focused she began her Kata. She flowed from one form to the next concentrating on proper form. Time seemed to stop for her as everything else was shut out but her training.

Her time with Neil had shown her just how rusty she had let her Kung Fu get and she was grateful for the refresher course. She would once again master the basics and reach the level she needed to further her skill. She would never fail anyone again through lack of combat readiness. A weapon was useless unless one maintained it. Her body was her weapon and she would master it and hone it to lethal effectiveness, even if it killed her. Between the Pure, Beshilu, and spirit claimed she had no shortage of enemies that would not wait and she could not afford to get complacent now.

Sweat formed on her body soaking her clothes as continued her Kata late into the afternoon. Once she felt it was time she began her cool down stretching. When she was finished she gave one final exhale as she grabbed her towel to head to the shower. Then it was off to that deli that for a roast beef sandwich that was to die for and maybe she’d have two or three. Her stomach rumbled at the thought and she laughed.

“Alright, alright. Calm down you. I promise it will be soon.”
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

*Thump, thump!*
    *Thump!*

The muffled thump of rhythmic strikes on a punching bag rang out across the gym as the scantily clad beauty in a sports bra and shorts continued her assault on bag. Sweat glistened on her toned body and her twin scars running down the length of her back were clearly visible.

*Thump, thump!*
    *Thud!*

The sound rings out as Alison finished her latest round with a kick to the bag. So much had happened to her lately that she hadn’t had time to think about it all, perhaps she didn’t want to stop and consider it, and with things slowing down, it all threatened to overtake her. Deaths, abandonments, friends lost, lovers gone and in the end she was once again all alone. Gritting her teeth she struck the bag several more times.

*Thump, thump, thump!*

When she had finished the last hit she reached for her towel and dried off the sweat that was accumulating before pausing and taking several large drinks from her water bottle. Panting slightly from exertion faces started running through her mind some of them stirred sadness, while others did nothing but infuriate her.

Shaking her head to try and clear it did nothing so she turned back to the bag and renewed her attack. Michael and Kari. As Kari’s name and face flashed through her mind Alison’s face flashed with anger. The smacks rang out as the bag bore the brunt of her fury.

*Thump, thump*

The only one I can rely on is me. Fuck the rest of them, she thought to herself. Then it hit her. She could either let her frustration and her anger run out of control like some rabid dog, or she could embrace it and harness it.

Michael

*Thump*

Kari

*Smack*

Steve

*Thud*

Eli

*Thump*

Abasi

*Smack*

James

*Smack, thump*

Jameson

*Thud*

Rachel

*Smack, thump, thump, thud*

A slight grin spread across her weary face as she reached enlightenment. These people did not control her, she would take control of how they affected her and she would use their memory and the emotions they stirred against her enemies. Her past was not a source of weakness, but an endless supply of strength.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

The sound of a bottle opening filled the darkened living room as music began to play from the stereo. Sitting on the couch Alison took a drink of her beer as she sat with a pile of books in front of her on the coffee table. She was going over the notes from her class today and paging through her book.

Since she had been attending class again to complete her degree she found herself having quite a bit of fun. She was just about finished and the thought of actually accomplishing her goal of finishing school and getting a job with the police force excited her. She just hoped that it would all work out.

When she had finished going over the material she set it aside and picked up the next book. Across its front was a picture of the Roman Aqueducts and the words LATIN scrawled across the top. She frowned and cracked open the book. I might as well get this over with,she thought to herself. She began working on her language exercises for tomorrow.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

The dimly lit room was deathly quiet. It had been hours since the neighbors in the apartment next door had gone to bed and the slow, steady sound of her breathing was deafening in the stillness.

A woman sat on her couch wearing a bathrobe holding several sheets of paper in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. Before her lay the cracked and broken ruins of a coffee table the product of the insulting nature of the translation she had finished prior to the furniture's destruction.

The scene had taken place just hours before once she had finished her translation of the nearby tattooed skins and read through them for the first time. Alison had been unable to focus until she had vented her wrath. With the coffee table's demise and her homage to Destroyer wolf complete she settled into a much calmer state and began her study. She had hardly taken a break since.

Knowing that the pages were important to the rat hosts before translating them had not clued her into their exact contents, however, she had been certain they would be sacred to them in some way. Alison wasn't sure how useful the information contained with the work would be, but at least it would explain their motivations. Most of it was just your typical religious scripture nonsense, yet it had still planted seeds of doubt in her mind that the Forsaken's cause was a just one...at least the way that their society put their ideals into practice that is.

"Hm...." she finally said breaking the silence. "Is there any truth to these assessments of our culture? Could we be going about it all wrong? Could we improve?"

Alison sighed heavily irritated that voicing her questions out loud didn't provide the answers that she had been seeking for the past few hours. With no success in her cultural exploration she turned her attention back to her warrior brain and with that she quickly found several tactical assessments of the rats.

If there was on thing in particular that she took away it was an understanding of the resolve of their enemy. In short, they were fanatics. such a devotion could be exploited if used correctly. Perhaps even manipulated into moving where one wished and trapping them for a change.

Yes, it could work. But not alone with her skills alone. They would need several abilities that she did not possess, but she could gain access to them or perhaps find someone in a pinch that had them.

When they raise their furry little faces again, maybe they will be in for a surprise for a change, she thought to herself with a smile.

The Translastion of the Rat Scriptures
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

As she sat lotus position the first thing she felt was the cool night air followed by the grass beneath her. The leather of her riding pants was tight against her legs, its tightness thanks to the position she was in, while her leather coat lay on the ground beside her.

Granite Park was still quiet and Alison wasn't sure how long it would take for people to begin to come back now that the zombies were gone. The bell building stood off in the distance barely visible from her position. She had returned to her battleground, vastly unhappy with her performance.

That was completely unsat, she thought angrily to herself. Where did I go wrong...and how could I do that differently? If those strangers wouldn't have come by I wouldn't have had a chance in there.

She sat in silent meditation running through the entire scenario in her mind and endlessly critiquing it.

And, quite suddenly, she was no longer alone. Another female figure sits cross-legged, directly across from her. Her appearance is...somehow rough, and limed in silver light. A spirit, certainly, and one who looked to be quite capable in the art of violence. But at least sword and spear lay on the ground between the two as unblinking eyes regarded the Suthar Anzuth.

The Spirit

Alison felt a silent presence suddenly before her. She opened one eye and gazed at the spirit. The first thing that popped into her head was that the spirit looked like a valkyrie and she wondered what it might have to do with her.

After taking in the spirit she opened her other eye, believing her introspection was going to be delayed for now.

"Greetings great spirit of battle. Is there something that you require?"

<<From the moment of her First Change, an Uratha is always watched,>> Apparently it's not one to mince words, or waste time. <<What do you think those observations say about you?>>

"I've never been one to really care or focus on what others think of me. It doesn't really serve much purpose. I just try to live my life in a way that I can be proud of and maybe have a person or two recall my name once in a while after I pass on. I'll fuck up from time to time. But when I stumble it just means I have to get back up and keep going. In the end I have only myself I can rely on completely. So I need to grow stronger and keep doing the right thing." Alison stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. "So to answer your question. I really don't know what those spirits would have to say about me."

<<So dismissive of what the spirits think,>> its hands blur into sudden motion, the spear's haft spinning up off the ground. And then it comes to a sudden halt; the butt hovering a bare inch away from her, above one of the silvery renown markings it could see tracing its way along her skin. And it moves deliberately, following the path of the line. <<With the marks you wear, I thought you'd put more stock into our opinion.>>

"You misunderstand me great spirit. It is not that I don't care or that I do not respect the lunes or other spirit's opinions. The spirits have reasons of their own to act and think as they do. It is just that my duty is to defeat those who upset the balance and step out of line. Weather or not a spirit respects me doesn't help me defeat my enemies. I don't seek their approval for its own end, yet I do hope to earn it some day because of my actions."

Alison lets loose a heavy sigh and then finally continues, "Truthfully when it is all said and done i will care how they remember me and what stories they tell of me, if any. However, I don't dwell on it and instead try to focus on the here and now. Action and results while I still draw breath. I merely seek to develop what Luna has deemed of me be by the bestowal of my auspice. She has marked me with her rage and I will hone that rage and seek to master it, temper it with wisdom, and honor until it is right that it be released justly. I may never accomplish this goal, but this path of rage is what Luna as gifted me and I must understand it."

"I focus on the execution of combat and rage just as other wolves talents lie in the understanding of spirits and coming to common grounds with them. In sort I am merely trying to focus on my role. I mean no disrespect or dishonor."

Alison sat still hoping that she had communicated her feelings properly and that the spirit would understand her practical approach to living. All she could do is wait for it's reply.

The spear's shaft continued to move as Alison spoke; its blunt end eventually pressing lightly against her breastbone as it came to a stop, right above her heart. It remains there, tapping slightly. And the whole time the spirits eyes don't leave Alison's...they don't so much as blink either.

<<A woman focused on combat...to be expected of a daughter of the Full Moon, of Fenris-Ur.>> The spear spins once, its tip suddenly driven into the ground between them. <<And how do you approach battle?>

Alison wasn't sure why this spirit had taken such an interest in her or why it mattered to her so much to justify herself to it. Perhaps it was the fact that the spirit was a fellow warrior and she felt some measure of kinship.

"Every battle, every scrap of violence must serve a purpose, have meaning, and violence for violence sake is useless. I try not to fight in anger, when at all possible, and do my best not to ever give into mindless rage. Instead I save anger for when it is needed. Stradegy and readiness is just as important as skill, and every battle is an endless source of information that I can use to improve myself. I focus on honing myself as a weapon and for now I fight with my fists, tooth and claw. I learn everything I can so I can give myself more tactical options and learn all that I can about my enemies and consider how I can use that knowledge to my advantage."

"Why?" She asked with interest. "Is there something specific you wished to know or see spirit?"

<<So you constantly seek to improve yourself.>> The spirit lapsed into a short silence, letting it drag on for a short while. <<Tell me, Daughter of Fenris, what do you know of Garm?>> Had her question been ignored, or answered with another question?

"Garm?" Alison asked with interest. "I've heard that they are lodge of warriors with great skill and highly respected. I've meet one once back in Colorado and I was quite impressed. I've thought about seeking them out, but I don't know any in the area and I can't leave my territory for long to seek one out." Alison refrained for asking any further clarifying questions of the spirit, unsure if it would answer anyway.

<<They are indeed among the finest warriors the Uratha have to offer, fearsome even by the standards of the Suthar Anzuth. Always striving to hone themselves in combat. Garm's spirit allies are vigilant too, always watching. Bringing word to the Lodge's members of those who could prove worthy of joining its ranks.>>

Alison nodded in agreement with the spirit. "It would be a grand honor to be found worthy of their ranks. In fact it is something that I desire." She pause for a moment and after reaching a decision took a chance. "Are you one such spirit? Do you know where I could petition a member to be tested and join?"

<<Better, I am currently acting as messenger for such an individual.>> The spear is wrenched suddenly from the ground. It looks like nothing so much as an extension of the spirit's body as it's whirled once before the shaft comes to rest against Alison's collarbone. <<Alison Yates, Chosen of the Full Moon, Daughter of Fenris-Ur, Daughter of Luna...the road that leads to the Lodge of Garm is not an easy one. Do you think you have what it takes to begin to travel it?>>

"I do," she replied sincerly. "...and I would like the chance to prove myself. Besides, if it was an easy path it isn't one I'd want to take."

<<Three months.>> The spear lifts for an instant, now tapping softly against Alison's shoulder. <<For three months you must be the last of your pack to retreat from battle. That doesn't mean you should foolishly stay and fight a lost cause, the Garmir seek perfection in battle.>> The spirit lifts its spear away as it bends down to pick up its shield, pausing to look Alison in the eye. <<Three months, you will be watched. And if you pass, you will be contacted.>>

Its form wavers slightly, and just like that it is gone.

Alison silently sat staring into the night while considering the implications of the instructions given to her by the spirit.

Perfection in battle huh? No pressure there, she thought with amusement before standing up and strolling home.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was the smell that hit her first, when the wind shifted suddenly it carried with it a familiar type of scent, one of the people. The second thing to hit her did so as she turned her head and body around to get a look at this new arrival. Only once she did, she came face to face with a clenched fist. It struck hard and fast with a sickening thumping sound and in response she stepped back as blood slowly began to drop onto her shirt.

She counted three of them all male and judging from their strong stench she wondered just how they had been able to come up on her without her realizing it. Alison chalked it up to her personal life taking a shit on her and her concern over her grandfather distracting her, which also happened to be the reason she was even in Denver visiting in the first place.

The big one closest to her, who was dressed like a hell’s angel reject, was the one connected with the fist that had struck her, however, he didn’t appear to be following through with his assault.

He must be just saying hello, she thought to herself.

Then reaching up with her right hand she thumbed her nose and looked down at her hand to see blood, but it already appeared to be stopping thanks to her regeneration. She gave a flick with her wrist and sent the droplets of blood flying and they splattered the alpha’s clothing. She gave him a large shit-faced grin that oozed an undaunted confidence, and she noticed a glimmer of uncertainty in the wolf’s features at the fact she didn’t show any fear.

So a young alpha huh? I can handle this…

“Merry Christmas sport,” she said with a smattering of arrogance referencing her little gift. “Next time just say hello, works just as well. So need something or did you just want to share your winning personality with the world?”

Alison was greeted by a stifled snicker from one of the men standing behind hell’s angel wolf. The sound earned him a quick glare from the leader before he turned back to face Alison.

“You’re trespassing bitch,” he growled at her. “No one trespasses on our land.”

“Easy there turbo, you can just relax then cause I’m not trespassing.”

“That so?” he asked mockingly. “I don’t recall giving you permission to be here.”

“Well, that’s cause you haven’t given it to me yet you dope. You were just about to,” Alison finished in a bored manner.

There’s that uncertain glance again, time to press the issue.

“Look, I’m Two-Bear’s daughter he’s the one that initiated me. You know him, the Two-Bears from the Splintered Oaks pack. I’m kind of busy and I’ve got things to do so if we could speed this up. I’ll be off your land before you know it.”

“Bull shit,” he snarled. “No way your fuckin’ Two-Bear’s kid, and you’re not going anywhere before we teach you some respect.”

“You really wanna do this?” Alison asked in a stern and threatening tone, her carefree attitude tossed aside. “Cause I’ll fucking rip your sack off and shove it up your nose. Then we can call you ball sniffer.”

That remark earned her a few more laughs, while Alpha just glared daggers at her for a moment. Then suddenly he was laughing too.

“You’re Two-Bears daughter alright,”
    he said still laughing. “Tell you what. You can pass through for while. But if you cause any trouble we’ll have to pay you another visit, Two-Bear’s girl or no.”

“Fair enough, I’ll be gone before you know it. See ya around chief,” she waived over her shoulder as she walked away.

“Crazy ass bitch,” the Alpha said chuckling to himself.

Alison just grinned to herself Denver was just like she remembered it.
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last