Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

With the weather taking a warmer turn it was time to try something he had been considering. A new approach to his searches. Singular seasonal events had proven uneventful and maybe that was because the trainset nature of such things. Supernatural entices not feeling comfortable enough to make their presence known in such tumultuous times, or being more careful to hide themselves. So Chambers has kept to the motto of go where the people are but this time to a place that sees a more regular crowd, in the hopes if anything lurked hidden, it has fallen into patterns or compliance in its activates and thus might be easier to find.

Today he walks around Sacarmento Zoo dressed in what could easily be described as Casually Victorian era styles. While families and school trips buzz around him he takes a slower pace from the excited hub bub to take it all in giving care and consideration to his his choices and for once trying to not get swept up in event. It helped that the irony of seeing so many animals in cages and enclosures was not lost on this mage.
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

New city, new places to explore. Salem finds himself drawn to the zoo on a day off. He's dressed in a somewhat similar style as Chambers, in that he's got a plain white oxford shirt tucked into some dark khaki pants and a dark blue v-neck sweater vest. He's taking his time exploring the area, letting the families and school trips walk around him. He's approaching the otter enclosure for the second time, his hands tucked into his pants pockets as he walks.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The point of these little excursions was to find out wherever he took himself and that usually meant striking up a conversations, heck he had even made some friends? ... acquittances? ... drinking buddies! in a few cases doing just that. So looking for someone that wouldn't seem to strange to approach he of course spots the man dressed in similar fashion, who stands out for all the same reasons the Moros does ... that being a grown man at the zoo in the middle of the day alone.

He calmly moves up next to the man by the otter enclosure. ''Interesting little creatures aren't they?'' The slightest hint of a British accent detectable as he nods to the enclosed mammals swimming playfully around.
    Health
    Mana

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem turns at the voice and gives the other man a once over. He nods in acknowledgement and agreement, slipping his hands from his pockets as he turns back to the frolicking otters. His voice doesn't hold a detectable accent, "Quite so. They're one of my more favorite animals," he admits. He looks back to Chambers, noting the similar dress style, likely here for the same reason Salem is.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A soft smile is offered at the mans scrutiny, and then his focus moves onto the little creatures, hands folding behind his back. ''Favourite? now that's a first. I can see the appeal for them ranking fairly highly but favourite would be a hard ask.'' He goes quiet. I really know very little about them as creatures, or even their symbology in folk tales, they don't tend to feature to much. An unexpected topic if truth be told but so the days go. ''So what gives them the top spot for you?'' The tone tinged with polite curiosity.
    Health
    Mana

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

The decidedly younger looking and slightly shorter man takes a moment to think and then gives a bit of a shrug of his shoulders. "Well, I mean, I did say one of my favorites, though now that I think about it, they might be top.

"They're very intelligent animals: one of the few species that uses tools. They're very social creatures, large family groups and some of them even sleep holding hands so that they don't drift off from each other. Playful and curious. They can be found in almost every continent. A number of cultures tie different positive traits to them. They're seen in some cultures as symbols of mischief, change, loyalty, a keen mind and wisdom..."
    He trails off for a moment with a small laugh, "Doesn't hurt that I've also got a tattoo of one on me. So, yeah, I think they're my favorite animal."

12. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A small inclination of his head shows he concedes the point. Its not often someone catches me out for missing the nuances, not bad. ''Right you are, given the unusual choice I'd be curious to know what else makes your top five.'' It is certainty different from eagles, wolves or snakes.

He listens politely to the younger man as he lays out a concise yet informative list of otter highlights. ''When you say tools I have to guess that would mean rocks or sticks, like the great apes.'' He had seen enough Attenborough to know that much. ''For what purpose though? Food? shelter?'' The answer would give insight to if the little creatures were instinctual or insightful. ''Is it not common for mammals to form large social groups?'' Cattle, seals, dogs. Every example he could think of formed herds, pods or packs of reasonable size but it was far from a speciality of his so he considered it worth asking. Now that is a more unique trait. ''That, the hand holding, actually shows a degree of awareness.'' A problem unique to their environment they have managed to resolve. ''A point in their favour I will grant.'' This was the wonder of the world the thing he enjoyed the most of the Mysterium doctrine, unravelling the pancryptia surrounding things to understand them.

And then the conversation turns to an area of interest. Even better. ''I don't suppose you know any stories or folk tales that contain otters I'd be curious to see what you mean.'' I have a rather large catalogue myself but none with otters. ''A lot of the ones I know tend to focus on animals that carry more overt qualities like monkeys and elephants.'' His attention shifting more fully to the man his curiosity quite apparent now.
    Health
    Mana

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

He turns slightly towards the Englishman, giving him a look over. This is odd... Normally don't chat with someone like this out of the blue.. unless..? "I'd have to think that over, really. What about you?" he counters when asked about his top animal likes.

He gives a small nod. "Yeah. Mostly it's the sea otter variety that uses tools, but some others have shown a predisposition for it. Rocks, mostly, used mostly as a hammer to crack open mollusks. They will either crack them open on their own bellies or will use another stone or hard surface as an anvil. Some have even shown to have favorites when it comes to stones and will carry it with them. I've heard of some that have developed skin folds that they use as pockets for this purpose." He nods in concession to the comment of large social groups.

He blinks for a moment, chuckling slightly. "I mean, I don't know every tale about them but I think remember one tale, yeah. Give me a moment to try to remember it." he says, trailing off for a moment, peering back at the man. Why is he so curious about this? Maybe this is his way of hitting on me?

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

As he looks again to the younger man listening politely it clicks. It occurs to the Moros why he had been drawn to this one in particular. Its because he had seen him before around the circle* he was the new guy maybe that was he had not realised immediately. ''I saw you around the office didn't I?'' In case the same issue was going both ways.

Stopping then to take in the question. ''Well I have a soft spot for ravens.'' How on brand. ''Do you know the folk lore of the tower of London?'' And what is done to ensure it never comes to pass. ''Owls.'' Them being wise was a pure myth but they were still very interesting. ''Tortoise.'' Again for obvious reasons. ''Snakes have a lot of interesting symbolism.'' Often contradictory. '' And ... Bees.'' No not a butterfly insight for the mage who walks the path associated with changing states.

''Fascinating.'' A favourite would imply preference, the ability to make a choice. One rock over another. ''Does that not suggest some form of awareness beyond the moment to moment need. Even conscious decision making.'' Because it definitely seems to which would change how I view them in a fairly radical way.

He waits patiently arms folded behind his back the puzzle to come of reasonable interest now. Watching the creatures, getting absorbed in their behaviour trying to pick up clues to help him unravel their truth.

*Sanctuary is a sticky thread per rules of sanctuary and Consilium and thus things that happen it can be immediately discussed in other ongoing non-sticky scenes per rules for sticky threads
    Health
    Mana

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:

PRE

The Warlock had been wondering if that face was familiar. He had a good memory but he'd seen a lot of new faces recently, having just moved into town so it did take a moment and the help of the mention of the office. "Ah! Right. I knew I knew your face from somewhere," he says, smiling over to Chambers.

He listens to the Mystagogue list off his top five animals and gives a nod to each one though the question about the tower has him shaking his head. "I don't recall hearing anything about the Tower," he comments. He waits until you're done before he starts to list his off, "Otters, as you know, lions, spiders, snakes and bats."

He nods, "That's what I think too."

He watches you wait and realizes you're waiting for the tale and he gives a small smile before he starts the tale, "This is a story I heard from my grandmother. Long, long ago there were only creatures on the earth. There were birds, bears, deer, mice, everything but people. In this long ago time, all the animals spoke the same language. And just like some people nowadays, they played tricks on one another and made each other laugh. They also helped each other. So it was with all the animals.

One day in the winter when the lakes had frozen, but before the winter sleep, Bear was walking along the lakeshore. As he was walking, he came upon Otter sitting near a hole on the ice with a pile of fish.

“You’ve got a mighty big pile of fish there,” Bear said. “How did you get them fish?”

Instead of telling how he dove down into the water and caught the fish, Otter decided to trick Bear. You see, back then Bear had a very long bushy tail. He was very proud of his tail, and all the animals knew it.

“The way I catch my fish is by putting my tail in this ice hole,” Otter explained. “I wiggle it around once in a while so the fish see it. When a fish bites onto my tail, I quickly pull it up and out of the water.”

“That sure is an easy way to catch fish,” Bear said. “Do you mind if I use your fishing hole?”

Otter, laughing behind the Bear’s back, said, “I have enough fish. Use my fishing hole as long as you like.” Then Otter picked up his fish and walked away. Bear carefully poked his tail into the ice hole and waited. He waited and waited. Once in a while he’d wiggle his tail so the fish could see it. Bear waited until the sun began to set, but not one fish even nibbled at his tail. At last, he decided to go home, but when he tried to stand up, his tail had frozen into the ice! He couldn’t move! He pulled and pulled at his tail, but it was stuck tight. Finally, he pulled with all of his strength and ripped off half his tail!

Now you know why the Bear has a short tail, and remember . . . don’t always believe what people tell you."

20. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread

DAYS
LEFT