Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

A gentle smile confirms both are on the same page.

Well a little tale of my own is fair. ''It is said that should the six resident ravens of the tower ever depart crown and country both shall fall.'' Well more of a much contested prophecy then a story truth be told. ''In reference to England and the royal family of course.'' But it gets a little more interesting. ''A saying that is still given substantial credence. Enough that they clip the wings of the ravens so they can't fly away and have several known raven breeding programmes at centres across the country to swiftly replace any that die of illness or age.'' Asking for trouble if it is bound up in fate. ''I've always thought that rather goes against the spirt of the whole idea myself.'' The bloody tower must be a site to see through the grim sight. The thought taking his attention for a moment.

He allows the world to pass him by as he listen to the story careful holding each detail for analysis, symbolism, signs that point to its truth. Only maybe its lack of animal lore that hold him back but he is having a bit of trouble. ''That seems more to reflect the truth of human habits, placed in animal guise to distance us from our own failings then it does inform of any actual knowledge regarding the creatures themselves.'' A place where animals talk ... could be the shadow I guess? that fit much better. ''Or perhaps I am looking at it the wrong way.'' Very possible. ''None the less thank you for sharing.'' ... Unless... wait a moment. He gives the man a quizzical look. ''Don't believe what others tell you hm?'' Was the whole thing some kind of jest or intentional misdirection?
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem listens to the tale, turning slightly to show his interest. "Hmmm.. The fact that they keep replacing them definitely goes against the spirit of it."

He gives a nod at the Moros. "It largely anthropomorphizes the animals, applying human-like characteristics to them, I agree on that. It does try to reference the fact that otters have been known to show a keenness of mind and playfulness to them. I also never said it was a good story or fable. It's just the only one I could remember that involved an otter." he says with a small laugh. "I don't remember a lot of those old fables and myths." As he sees Chambers work that last part over, he lifts his hands up and chuckles, "That's just how the story ends. How you want to interpret it..." he says, trailing off with a shrug. "I don't know if there's any other meaning behind it other than a bit of amusement, a distraction, but there could be."

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A small chuckle. ''And yet neither crown or country has fallen.'' So either they are playing fate at its own game or. ''So it would seem the original six did not need to survive? or maybe might be buried on the site?'' That was speculation but would definitely qualify as not having left. I wonder if the original six left ghosts? Animals don't do they? ''That or it's a lot of hogwash of course.'' Unlikely, very unlikely something in it had a grain of truth wrapped in lies, all things do. Just what?

Still pulled between thought and conversation on the fable. ''I never said it was bad I just said I don't understand it.'' Which is the point of fables, to hide the true meaning behind symbolism and red herrings. To be hard to understand. ''Oh come now don't give me that.'' The tone suggests good humour. ''Subjectivism is the death of reason, the bane of effort.'' The excuse of the those who don't are to try and work out.
    Health
    Mana

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem gives a small smile at that, nodding his head in admission. "Quite so. Yet," he says with a chuckle. "It's quite possible that they didn't need to survive, just couldn't leave the area. There is strength in a place and belief in that place," he says, curling his arms over his chest in thought. "Perhaps their spirits still inhabit it, keep crown and country still afloat?" he offers.

He nods and smiles at the man, turning back towards the otters again for a moment. "You'll have to forgive me. I wasn't really expecting my trip to the zoo to turn into a philosophical discussion about fables and their meanings," he says, looking back at Chambers. "Not that I mind it. It's just not my general area of expertise."

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A tilt of the head indicates he has considered the possibility. ''If you believe in those sorts of things of course.'' He doesn't feel the need to admit he does, both men are mages and know spirts and ghosts are real. And the public don't need to hear it said either. ''It was Charles the second that first started the practice I can't help but be morbidly curious now Charles the third is on the throne and known for his outspoken views on the environment and animal welfare if such practices will continue.'' That would be the twist of fate would it not. One Charles tried to hold it fast another undoes it all. Still speculation thus far.

A slight chuckle. ''No the apology is mine I do tend to get Philosophical.'' It was an area of expertise. ''Not many would indulge me even this long, no one has time for the old stories anymore.'' Bar the one or two that break into popular culture. ''Or the effort to try and understand them beyond their own immediate bias and experiences.'' He turns and gives a nod in thanks. ''I do appreciate you taking the time.'' Attention back to the animals. ''So what did bring you here today?''
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread

DAYS
LEFT