Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

PRP DYLF: Taking stock and making plans

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Philip has the address of his place of work which is what I thought post 14 was talking about. He does not have his home address, no mention of a home address was given in post 10.

Witch has been text. The mages continue to form a plan.

You can keep discussing but please let me know where we want to the next scene to take place.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip laid his options before him. He had the places of work of Mr. Rockwell and Mr. Brown and the Simmons residence. And they`d decided who the weak link was. It was clearly Mr. Rockwell, although he also came with the risk of recognising them. And Philip still felt kinda bad for the hounding he gave Corn earlier so he switched to words, despite keeping it slightly more veiled than in text.

"So, are we going to Mr. Rockwell`s work. If we`re careful we might achieve something there. What do you think? Or Mr. Brown`s? Rockwell has greater up-and downsides. So I`d say let`s risk it and go to him. Get something done with him and we`re in a better position. Regardless of where we go though. I wanna quickly head by a store to get the gear we need."

And by gear, I mean masks, and bags, and whatnot we`ll need for this as we discussed. We can`t be allowed to fail here. `Cause, take Rockwell out of commission, we don`t have to worry about being recognised and we have more leeway with the other two. Then we can use Miss Simmons and her family to get a clue for the whereabouts of Darren-slash-Mothisa somewhat more unimpeded? Regardless, they`re not gonna be at work now, so let`s say we go there tomorrow around noon? I mean, if the car is there, Rockwell`s gonna be there and the others might too. But if the car isn`t there or we don`t go there, we`re not gonna plant anything. So let`s just play it smart and we can take this cell down one player at a time.

spells , effects and gear
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

If we make a move, the others will be on guard. We should be ready to move quickly after the opening move. Even if it is the police, these are paranoid conspiracy freaks. They will say secret societies manipulated the police to get them! And they would be right. As I once saw on a meme, 'that you are not paranoid, doesn't mean they are not really out to get you.'
    Aren't we going to get Witch first? I agree with your plan, but I would be more confident with another set of ears thinking what we said and plan to do. Perhaps she's available now.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip laid his options before him again. The places of work of Mr. Rockwell and Mr. Brown as well as the Simmons` residence weren`t going anywhere. But Darren-slash-Mothisa possibly were. And it likely wouldn`t take long for the ghost to find a weak link and go on a rampage. Answering Corn`s text, Philip spoke in a measured tone, facing Corn.

"Sure. I guess. If she`s up for coming over now, I guess we could get her up to speed here. But regardless of what we do we need level heads for this. A meeting in the middle of the night with her at my place here might not serve us well as it`s getting late. I was thinking more along the lines of tomorrow. We could meet up with her someplace,like here, I guess. Before we go in, go to the store to get supplies, then go to Mr. Rockwell around noon? After all, no way the guy is at his work at this time of night, right? But I guess you`re right that this is somewhat time-critical. So I dunno. What do you think?"

On his screen he added.

And you`re absolutely right. I believe another one of those meme- lines those guys live by goes: `It`s not paranoia if someone`s really out to get you.` And, let`s face it, we are out to get them, right?

Imo, ideally, we use the confusion generated from the police to start a domino effect of distrust in each other, whether it`s individual hunters against each other or the police vs. the hunters thing. Make it look like one of their companions planted it, perhaps? Or should we just stick to the `them vs. the police` theme? Tell me, what would really set off the police? Could we engineer a situation where, on top of the contraband causing the hunters to distrust the police, we do something that truly makes the police distrust the hunters as unhinged dangers to society and makes them crack down hard, pun intended?

Anyway, so. I`d suggest briefly getting Witch up to speed here tomorrow around mid-morning, if you`re interested, unless you think we should write her a long text and then getting the supplies we need supplies. I`d recommend moving in on Mr. Rockwell sometime around noon, perhaps, using the lull around lunch break, assuming that exists in his line of work too, to plant the contraband?

Would getting Witch to come over require a follow-up clarifying text in the `Witch gets a text`` comms thread?

And I`m still not completely clear on what to do follow-up scene-wise, although suggestions have been provided IC. What do you think? Good? Bad? Also does this in-between scene merit a WP for Philip`s research successes uncovering the Hunter Cell, going into the next scene?

It has been agreed in the prp thread Witch will write a glimpse to catch herself up with what she knows and join in the next thread.

Yes you can have a WP for discovering the hunter cell.

The story goes where you wish it. It sounds like we are going to a construction sight to try and find Mr. Rockwell and pursue things from that angle is that the plan?

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

I would be more comfortable with a short scene with Witch where we are all caught up first. I agree with Philip's plan.

I agree the best course of action is to meet with Witch here tomorrow morning if she wants, quickly go over our discoveries and plans and then move with the plan, as soon as tomorrow noon, if we can manage. The daylight will make things harder but we are pressed for time.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Allright. So, tomorrow morning, here. And then Mr. Rockwell later, after shopping for supplies. Sounds like a plan. As you say, this is time-sensitive. But I`m sure it`ll go great, if we play our cards right."
    he said, nodding pleasantly to Corn, before continuing slightly less pleasantly on his computer.

I`m sure we can come up with some way for Witch to get the drop on him since Mr. Rockwell hasn`t met her yet. But all this hinges on her actually showing up. Well, she didn`t show up at the mortuary, so I hope we`ll see her tomorrow and nothing comes up. But I`m curious to see what she found from the things she said she recovered after we investigated Mothisa`s former apartment together some time ago.

It was a good plan in Philip`s mind. Granted, one that had to work perfectly. But that was what they had Witch for, assuming she actually showed up this time, which she`d said she would at the crematorium as well. After all, that entity in the basement would have been nice to confront together, too. And Philip wasn`t completely over this yet.

Okay guys a scene needs to be in a location (Philip Sanctum would be a sanctum scene location, the place of work would be an open location, if you moving locations it will be multiple scenes so here's the compromise.

Someone volunteer their Vehicle and the scene starts in a carpark nearby Mr. Rockwells palce of work. You start in the Vehicle of who ever volunteers so you can have a talk without being overheard, and catch Witch up, and can then move directly to the construction site without needing a whole new scene for it.

Reuban Brigh

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
+ Reply to Thread