Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

A sigh escaped his lips, barely audible, as he observed Philip's stumbling attempts at stealth. The young man's attempts were endearing, but his lack of finesse was a glaring liability. He briefly considered offering guidance, but ruled against. Their current situation demanded focus, not remedial lessons.
    He turned his head towards Salem, his expression calm but his tone urgent. "Anything else we should know before we step in?" he asked, his voice a low murmur that barely disturbed the hum of the nearby industrial complex.

The metallic, utilitarian structures, awash in the harsh glare of floodlights, offered little concealment. Shadows clung to the edges of the building and beneath the hulking of machines, offering very few potential avenues of approach, thin and unreliable, easily dispersed by the sweeping beams of light.
    He remained vigilant, his senses attuned to any fluctuation in the flow of magic. The air felt heavy with the stench of decay and chemicals, but he had to push past the discomfort.
    "I can deal with the lights and the surveillance, but we need to find a way to get - as a group - past the guards. Maybe drive them out with the stench of sewage or something", he half-joked.

Equipment

Spells

Stats

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Having tried to move along the shadows - and failed - Corn addresses Winter .
    "I could arrange for us to show up dressed in uniforms with the logo of the company and all, if you could pull off a deception pretending to be our supervisor, Adam.
    If we show up with our bags and dressed in uniform and one of us has the right badge and demeanor, they will probably let us in with little trouble. Assuming Aaron, Reggie or Adam can convince a guard that the badge is the right badge, of course.
    If we gain entrance - or are discovered inside- dressed in Uniforms, I don't think the guards would actually dig too deeply to check for potential investigators. Even if they do suspect us, we could claim to be journalists or scavengers.
    "

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem turns slightly towards Winter, facing him as he speaks, "I could hide some of us from their notice. I don't think I could hide all of us. I'm good, but I'm not that good. I could forge a path to get us beyond the fence without the guards knowing we're back there. If they find us, we'd have to deal with that then."

He frowns slightly as his gaze sweeps the area. "I am not sure I see any guns on any of them, but they could be hiding them under their clothes. The two unloading the van are headed inside.." He frowns slightly. "One of the guys having a smoke seems to be throwing up.." he says, turning his head unconsciously as he moves his view point to get a better look at what's happening there.

Equipment

Spells

Stats

6. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Active stealth it seems is not the strong suit of his particular grouping, luckily the shadows and security fence keep them passively out of line of site for the moment. plans continue to develop being bated back and forth.

The patrolling security guard arrives at the vehicle entrance and goes inside.

The smoker bent double over wretched and brings up the last of whatever meal he had along with a not small amount of blood, he seems to lose strength to his legs as the buckle like rubber bands going from taught to loose, his saving grace is his buddy who was supporting him manages to half swing, half push the the sudden weight of his college so the sick man ends up sitting against the wall of the building as he begins to frantically claw at his chest and throat.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Bumbling about with the acrid smell of decay and chemicals lining the air, he somehow remained out of sight of the guards-slash-employees-or-whatever-they-are for the moment. That one of the guards was apparently throwing up was mildly concerning and likely did not bode well. Philip was absolutely certain that this was no coincidence, despite only getting the very vague description that this had taken place. But he was relieved when he was told what was most likely a good fraction of the people outside were heading inside, despite the risks that many of them likely carried concealed firearms. Unless they were planning on going inside, too, that was, in which case they might have to deal with them. Winter`s comment about the sewage smell and his little tactic gets a smirk. So the guy does have a sense of humor after all. I never would have guessed. he thought appreciatively about Winter. Meanwhile his comment about the lights and surveillance was acknowledged with a crisp, serious nod. In a hushed voice he answered them.
    "I think with a combination of all three ideas we should be good, but they need to be coordinated. Taking care of the lights and security and also partially hiding us seems like the way to go. But in case we`re spotted anyway or miss anything which you know, could technically happen. Being dressed less conspicuously, as employees, and trying to fool`em directly then as a last line of defense before we need to take agressive actions seems prudent. What do you guys think?"
    he said, indirectly acknowledging his own limitations, while agreeing with everyone`s plans and nodding to each mage in turn as he reviewed their idea before putting them together into a for him coherent form and presenting it combined to the others for approval.
    "But how are we gonna hide my backpack, or do we even need to?"
    he asked Corn, but it was also meant for the others. That being his own real objection for Corn`s idea.

spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

9. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Winter's gaze lingers on Salem, "Ok, try to hide the three of you, I'll manage" he murmurs, his voice barely a whisper. "As for the path, try to not alert any of them. Stick to small alterations"
    He then turns his attention back to the industrial complex, the sick worker they've just witnessed gnaws at him. It could be a coincidence, like food poisoning. Or at least he hopes. But his instincts tell him there's something wrong going on.
    "The disguise could work, but I don't expect them to be fooled for more than a few minutes", he shrugs, "but it's worth a try", he then looks at the Libertine, "I don't think you'll have to hide that. Tho, make sure there's nothing that could get back to you, just in case"

Equipment

Spells

Stats

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn has not managed to hide in the shadows effectively, but he (perhaps erroneously) considered he was safe enough to use his medallion. Taking it he motioned to the others to get away from onlookers.

"As you all understand, changing our clothes should not be done in a place where we may be viewed by a passing guard or someone looking from a window." he said. He looked around for an alley or blind spot (including parked trucks blocking sight) dark enough to cover four people in darkness that could walk out of it wearing uniforms.

Sorry for the quick post. I posted to not block the scene. Any place where we can hide to cast alter rainment would do.

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem's body's eyes widen, his gaze might be elsewhere but his body still shows a look of surprise coming across his features. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." he says, quickly but still quiet enough that only the three around him can hear. "He's throwing up blood and grabbing at his chest. I think it's happening again." He keeps his gaze with the two workers, watching as the sick man slumps to the wall. "What we do? I can't move us there quick enough."

Equipment

Spells

Stats

15. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

As plans continue to form, courses of actions are debated and discussed it seems the events of the night are not content to wait for the mages to have everything they want in place as they continue to unfold.

Corn steps further into the dark embrace of the night around them the better to conceal his presence from the sleepers dotted around as Salem gives a live report on the developments.

Salem continuing to watch sees the collapsed man start to convulse losing autonomy of his arms to the spasms no longer able to claw at whatever the source of pain is in his chest, blood continues to build and froth in his mouth. The other man, who has previous been supporting him backs off looking around wildly Salem sees his mouth open wide

And everyone hears the calls for help that echo through the light and shadow both. Desperate, scared, panicked.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Running out of ideas again but continuing to follow Corn`s lead, he ducke out of the light and goes to wherever he indicated, preparing to get his clothes makeover. As he did so, he discreetly took his wallet out of his backpack and put it in his jean`s right, and his order tool in his jean`s left pocket, following Winter`s advice about his backpack. His remaining gear had to stay in the backpack though, for space reasons.
    He took the experienced mage at his word, and nodded in understanding. A few minutes with Corn`s disguise would be all they`d get. Hopefully that was all they needed, and it was a final line of defense anyway. And, one less to worry about, with Winter`s seeming confidence about himself, was always appreciated.
    In a solemn and quiet voice, he spoke to Salem, putting his hand on the Mastigos in a reassuring gesture:
    "We need to be strong and not let this bother us. If he`s already at that stage, unless one of you can get me there while still concealing us and he`s also not suffering any hidden problems, it`s too late for him. Best not to think about unavoidable things."
    But he then thought about it one more time, and adressed all of them.
    "But I put it to you guys. Should we risk cover to try and save him? If we succeed, and that`s unlikely, he might have valuable insight, or he might not. But try being the operative word. Otherwise, I say we stick to the plan?"
    he asked, putting the question to the others. Granted, he did have limited knowledge of Life. But if it was a too strong supernal affliction or he was already too badly injured, he was out of his depth most likely and would have to hedge his bets. So he felt it best to admit this straight up.

spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

18. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
+ Reply to Thread