Spell Aspect and Paradox
    Posting
    Example Equipment
    Example Attributes

Fedup Corn
    Vincent Winter
    Xisdor Philip Crosen

------------------------
    Even in the cooling evening sun the scent of human excrement and cleaning chemical hang in the air an invisible assailant to the senses in a unpleasant combination of putrid stink and chemical burning.

Work continues into the night, sewage never sleeps after all, but the staff are diminished making it easier for mages with an interest to safely go about their business.

The grey and barren industrial complex is fenced off with the meagre protection of rusting chain links, housing several truly gigantic warehouses, an almost endless array of metal and plastic piping transports the various fluids biological and chemical to vats and systems within the warehouse from which is pumped who knows where. A yard for vans and lorries to handles repairs and upgrades sits closest to the security booth that guards entry that is only otherwise stopped by an automated yellow bar.

Cracked concrete has replaced any vegetation that once took root here and even in those cracks it seems to dare not try growing back. The sound of machinery and rushing fluids provide a continuous dull and grinding background ambiance to accompany the bleak landscape.

The news reports workers to be missing and yet lights are starting to flicker on in the gathering gloom and a guard can be seen in the booth. But a rat does not burst forth from someone's throat incidentally.

Reuban Brigh

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn arrived, parked some distance from the site and killed the engine. What would my wife think, what would my friends and family think, if they knew I was spending the days Maria is away with the baby trying to stop ... whatever this is? But someone has to. Because it could be something that affects his friends and family next. And someone else's family is already suffering. Power comes with responsibility.

Let's see who else will show up
    , Corn thinks and gets out of his car. Trying to avoid lights he takes a walk around the sewage district trying to not seem as suspicious as he would find anyone walking around the sewage district in the night. Without spells up, he lets his Unseen Senses warn him of the presence of any of his peers - or other things.

Do you prefer in-post book-keeping or minisheets?

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Having done his homework, Philip arrives with his oldest, most run-down clothes as possible No need to advertise my wealth here, judging from the pictures. he figured. So he wore his ancient red-green running shoes that were almost totally worn, his oldest worn blue jeans and an old gray-yellow-orange shirt, which had lost most of its` color. But he did take gear with him. His oldest, gray-blue backpack he almost never used because it was just too run-down and drab, with his trusty hairspray flamethrower, and first-aid kit, and a 1-liter water bottle. Because you never know when you need 1-liter water bottles. Parking his car quite some distance from the place in question, he walked the 10-or-so minutes on foot, really inconveniently, through back-alleys. Recognising Corn from the Circle, he went up to him and greeted him with a smile.
    "Hi, how are you doing? Call me Reggie."

Assume he starts with full mana and willpower for this new scene

spells , effects and gear
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Someone sneaked behind Corn!
    "Aaah!" he says as he turns, somewhat alarmed. "Oh, it's you Reggie. Pheww... you scared me. Is anyone else from the office with you? I am Jacob, in case you didn't remember from the lounge. Had a fight with some friends and walk it off." he says while he adds under his breath "No, I didn't. I am here because of the rumors."

spells and effects

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

The way Corn greeted him, especially his surprise `Aaah!`, surprised and scared Philip too, as did the thought of Corn having been in a brawl, even if he wasn`t completely sure that was true. And his immediate instinct was going into a defensive stance and attempting to cast his version of Fortunes Protection on himself, before answering. Granted, he`d never taken brawling or karate lessons and knew little of fighting outside of his katana or guns. But he knew from movies to ball his fists and put them up when scared and unarmed, if only to look more impressive, perhaps to get his opponent to reveal free info about himself or to back off. Although even that came across as pathetic because he also had no clue on how to be intimidating, more coming across as a weakling than a serious threat. Sure he knew how to muster a presence in a room or come across as domineering when needed, but that was the extent of it, and his fists did not contribute to that in any way outside of boosting his own confidence marginally. Releasing the tension in his fists immediately again, and calming down as quickly as he got surprised, he carried through with the imago of his spell nevertheless.
    1 success

"Oh, my god! You just scared me too, Jacob! Nope, nobody else from the office, at least that I`ve seen. So, do you know where your friends could have gone?"
    he asked, secretly hoping what Corn had just said before being code for this mission and not in fact, an actual brawl he`d just been in. Though that was mildly concerning for Philip too.

10. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He emerged from the shadows near the fence surrounding the sewage treatment facility, his dark attire helping him remain unnoticed in the night. The foul odors immediately struck him, but he pushed the sensation aside, his gaze carefully surveying the sprawling complex of warehouses and piping before him.
    Spotting some activity, he advanced cautiously, keeping to the darkest areas to avoid detection. As he drew nearer, he made out two familiar faces.

"Good evening," he said in a tone as he stepped out.
    He scanned the surroundings once more before returning his focus to the pair. "Been waiting long?" he asked.
    Remaining alert, he extended his mystical senses to detect any traces of supernatural energies or threats.

1 success

Equipment

Spells

Stats

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I guess they are at their homes thinking of what they did. What about you? I didn't expect you to 'show up in my radar' here." Corn says, hoping Philip would understand. "Should we continue walking to avoid drawing looks from the guards? Not that I expect them to pay attention but you never know."

Then he hears Winter 's greeting. The first thing when he sees a veteran mage is optimism; Winter was trustworthy and level-headed. Then, he felt some unease; Winter was a guardian after all. A not-butthole guardian, but still a guardian.
    "Greetings! We just arrived with Reggie here. I am Jacob from the office in case you missed the name." Corn says to Winter.

With two mages around and magic already active, Corn thought it was time for him to use a bit of magic of his own. He concentrates for a bit and tries to bring in his usual spells for such expeditions. The Grim Sight succeeds, but the combined spell fails.
    2 successes

failure

Well, he doesn't feel like staying there and trying again. "We are not here for long; not me at least. I was trying to do circle around the facility, see if I 'catch' anything, but I didn't finish my round before Reggie found me."

spells and effects

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (Academia)
    Salem

Nimbus:
    Reality seems to warp around him, distance and direction having little meaning anymore.

PRE

Salem had heard about the unusual death and it had sparked an interest in him to find out what happened. He parks a distance from the site and walks the rest of the way, sneakers making little sound on the pavement as he walks. He's dressed in older clothes, not wanting to ruin anything in case he does have to make his way into the sewers. It's definitely not high on his list of things to do tonight but some things have to be done to keep this world sane. He pulls his leather jacket a bit tighter around him as he walks, not really having to fight off the cold on this Spring night. Upon his back is a small backpack with a few things tucked away inside.

As he walks, he tries to keep an eye out for anyone he might know, or at least folks that seem to be acting suspicious. When the hair along the back of his neck starts to stand up on end, he looks around, finally spotting a familiar face as he approaches the three men. "Hey.." he says, his gaze taking in Corn and Winter before finally settling on Philip. "Fancy meeting you here. It's me, Aaron, remember?"

Equipment

Spells

Stats

16. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

And so through the gloom in the cooling evening the awakened of the river city gather each pulled to the scene by their own connections, their own interest in the events that surround this place.

Philip calls forth the protection of fate winding strings through his pattern that would pull him from harm, for harm there has already been.

Winter casts back the lie to see all through supernal truth and the glyphs in the patterns of his fellow mages dance gold and clear. For the moment nothing else is made known to him.

Corn in good practice likewise bares the truth plain to him and the place is steeped in rotting decay death is strong here for what is sewage if not rotted digested death.

And Salem the newest for more tentative makes himself known.

Each spell sets of the that unseen sense each arrival bolster both the knpowledge back up is at hand but begs teh question, how serious is this to have caught the attention of so many?

The sun wanes in the sky, the shadows cast long and the a chill gust catches the fetid and chemical alike adding a sense of cold vileness.

The machine hum in their industrial home, pipes ferry the unwanted waste and refuse of lived lives and the mages know there are things to unravel here this eve. --- how do you progress?

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"At their homes? Ok. Anyway, yeah, let`s do that."
    he asked, surprised, because he`d wanted to use Corn`s talk as code to talk about the mission. So this caught him off-guard for the second time in the time he`d been together there with Corn. But he still managed to agree with Corn`s suggestion to keep moving.
    "I`m here because of the news reports and my research. And work."
    he admitted after calming down from the scare with Corn. Although he hadn`t really done very much research so that part was mostly an overexaggeration. Eventually he was able to see two others arriving. Winter, and the new guy, Salem. So he gave Corn a look before telling him:
    "I guess we`ll find out soon enough how many more of the office we got, eh?"
    Winter gets a nod in welcome and a smile.
    "Hi, nice to see you."
    he said, leaving it open as to how long they had to wait, although Corn already mostly answered the question anyway, briefly nodding in agreement as he did so. Salem got a more lively nod of understanding at his question and comment.
    "Well hello. Yes of course I remember you. I`m Reggie. Yeah I was about to ask the same thing, Aaron. Anyway, I`m here because of news reports, research and work."
    repeating for the others what he`d just told Corn, before returning the question.
    "So, what brings you guys out here?"
    he asked, leaving the question open for everyone to answer whatever they wanted. And ideally much they did not want as well. He also hoped Winter got the gist and would follow suit, giving everyone else a chance to state some mundane name or alias they wanted to be called out in public like this, following Corn`s and Salem`s example. So he left his question about what brought everyone there hanging in the air. And after a beat, he slowly started walking towards the place in question, beckoning the others to follow him, or at least keep moving like Corn suggested to him earlier. He kept his wits about him and his eyes peeled on anything unusual happening he could see from where he was.
    2 successes

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread