DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

An eye brow raises as he eats. I don't see what the shovel has to do with this? But the weight of the topic the sheer vulnerability just from having shared it was something he did not feel like darkening. ''I wouldn't call it a laugh, but you are correct our perceptions while vastly more aware then most of humanity are still skewed through the lenses of what we are, and thus not complete.'' The way I perceive fate, through a stygian lens, must be so much different to yours as an Arcadian.

On that topic. ''Oh I trust to fate more then you would expect.'' It is a common arcana for me still after all. ''But the way I understand it, is I imagine, different to your own.'' Thoughts from moments before becoming words. ''I would remiss not to say it was fundamental in the refinement of my soul.'' Offering Philip an inroad to ask about something he had denied him months prior.

At the request Chambers goes on eating quietly as he listens. I hope this is in humour. ''Well Philip if I was explaining this to a newly awakened mage.'' A possibility that I might have to do one day. ''I would explain it like this.'' He takes a moment to have one more mouthful a way to organise his thoughts. ''When you dream you have no control over your situations yet believe utterly during the experience that it is reality.'' Everyone had dreams. ''The lie is the dream and humanity is the dreamer.'' So far so good I think. ''Now very occasionally someone wakes up and realises what they thought was real is not. That it was just a dream, that the laws and rules and well everything is very different from what they thought was real in their sleeping mind.'' Looking to the Enchanter to make sure he was following. ''Being aware of reality and learning the new rules and how things work outside the dream is difficult, more complex because nothing just is anymore.'' That was not as good. ''The one who wakes is a mage, hence the idea of being awakened.'' The long winded explanation lulls into silence.

He nods. ''Yes if we are caught off guard sleeps can do us terrible harm. Even kill us.'' Which is why we are so careful not to provoke them. ''Our bodies, our state of health these are part of the lie. We only need to look to the life or death Arcanum to know this is true.'' And the crux. ''The lie only matters so much in that it exists and it is strong. It enables sleepers to do us harm. We are aware of it now, we have not escaped it.'' Ascension that mythically state, achievement. ''To push back its influence to fight against the extinction of truth is what all five pentacle orders strive for in their own ways.'' Ways we disagree on but still same cause.

Chambers nods to the window. ''Can you not feel it? you've noticed it's influence if nothing else.'' Trying to lead his fellow mage to the answer without giving it away.

Finishing his bowl some of the bread is used to mop up the leftovers. ''I've said before and will again I do use tools.'' He indicates at the door Philip came through. ''You walked through my workshop to get in here.'' Even if I supported lying this would be to tall of an ask. ''But it is understanding the role of the tool, that it connects you to truth, it is not truth itself.'' Think like order tools if you can.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip smiled and nodded appreciatively at the Moros. Not only hadn`t he taken offense at his comments, he`d also revealed some things about himself, if somewhat inadvertently. And Philip loved getting people to give him free info above many things in his life. He considered it one of the finer points of his trade to coax out information on the worldviews of others through seeming trifles. The only (though major) backfire on that front he`d had recently had been with Aurora in the Circle.
    ”Thank you. I found that a very interesting thought experiment, even though it`s obviously enlightenment 101. Here`s some more food for thought. If we equate the Lie to a dream we´re surrounded by, we can`t forget we can still dream ourselves. Like when we`re asleep or lost in thought. A dream within a dream, layers upon layers, curious... But it ties into what I said earlier with time. Infinite possibilities infinitely harmonious. So tell me something, how does that thought affect your perception of change?”
    Your answer told me some interesting things about you, though. he thought: from his personality, to his susceptibility to provocation, to his views on the Lie. It had been quite revealing.
    ”I couldn`t have said it better myself, though. As you say, our perceptions are skewed by what we are. I have to remind myself that so much of everything is the Lie every day. And I never said you don`t trust in fate. Merely that our perceptions of it, and the way we integrated it into our pre-awakened beliefs, likely differed vastly. Still doesn`t mean we can`t learn from each other like we`re doing now.”
    He then turned to think about tools being a means to the truth and not truth itself. A concept he`d only recently grasped.
    ”And on that note, understanding that tools are a means and not the truth itself was a difficult concept for me to grasp. And one I got at least partially thanks to and during our discussion in the Circle long ago with Witch. You know, the one that led to some of the misunderstandings we had. Though I can certainly see now that you guys, dealing with physical matter, change and death, might have made that one easier to explain for you. Back then I just wanted to explain what I just said, and that that paradigm shift led me to some new perspectives and approaches at work. But when you seemingly called me out for being a liar back then, I kinda got annoyed and didn`t tell you. But after we settled our differences I wanted to thank you for our discussion because I felt I owed it to you.“
    After a beat, he thought: Perhaps he`s open to revealing more about his Legacy the Stone Scribes, now? he thought. After all, Chambers had been the one to bring up soul refinement.
    ”Anyway, soul refinement? You mean your legacy the Stone Scribes? So, what do you do?”
    he asked, reiterating his direct question from the last time Chambers mentioned it to him. He still didn`t understand what he was referring to outside, though. And so, grasping at straws, he asked, confused:
    ”Nope, don`t know what you`re referring to. I suppose I`m dense I guess. Do you have access to a hallow perhaps, is that what you mean?”
    He then, after a beat giving Chambers time to answer and digest what he said, asked a question that had been bugging him for a while.
    ”Please forgive me. But here`s a question I`ve been meaning to ask for a while, so please don`t take this the wrong way. But what would you see as the motivations for why Corn, Aurora, or Puck when he was briefly there, would reveal their order ranks? These designations mean nothing whatsoever to anyone not privy to the knowledge and they didn`t bother to explain. After all, you said when last we spoke you were sworn to secrecy over all Mysterium ranks except one.”
    He expected Chambers understood the implication that it was more than likely for Aurora and Corn to be equally as sworn to secrecy as he was, further raising the question why they mentioned their ranks. Philip also didn`t bother to mention the ranks Corn, Aurora and Puck had said they held or the name of the only rank Chambers said he wasn`t sworn to secrecy over. After all, Chambers was present in the Circle too when Philip learned of the ranks, and he`d likely know the ranks of his fellow Mystagogues anyway. He also didn`t want to cause too much of a stir. So he also didn`t mention that he considered the three mages mentioning their titles and then not explaining their meanings as lies of omission from each of them. Sure, because they expected there to be a fellow Mystagogue who understands, but wasn`t that just plain rude to me and Winter? Then again, who knows what that guy knows? he thought. But he expected Chambers to also have understood that from his statement, by reading between the lines, although nothing was said directly, and plausible deniability was definitely a thing. Especially as Philip framed his question as genuine curiosity. And, mentioning this gave Philip an idea: I should give myself some cool unknown and nonexistant Free Council rank no one knows about.
    How did you give Chambers the subtitle `Neokoros`? Philip still has the `Yay! New Person!` subtitle, how do you change that?
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chamber sits back into his chair quite comfortable after having eaten. His fingers twine as he places his elbows on the arm rest and gives Philip a look of mild curiosity. A dream within a dream. ''Philip, forgive me if I am presuming but your question leads me to think I would I right in assuming you know little of the astral realm?'' Even a basic conceptual knowledge should explain that.

A gentle shrug. ''I would think that is a given. While our cultures are not as distant as some we did grow up in different cultures so how we perceived fate would naturally be different.'' Black cats are a fun example, or better yet. ''Have you heard the magpie poem?'' If he hasn't that might demonstrate this perfectly.

He doesn't know if smiling is appropriate so he just keeps warm but neutral. ''I'm glad our conversations have challenged you, we can't truly say we pursue truth if we are not willing to be challenged.'' The conversation in question had done more to Challenge his perception of the enchanter then dramatically alter his world view of cause a paradigm shift. But it is good to know these are worthwhile.

I baited that and he has not disappointed. ''Before I tell you of my legacy Philip. And I have decided I will tell you, it is hardly forbidden lore.'' Every mage has the right to peruse this goal. ''A few questions of my own if you will.'' A trade of course. ''Have you ever considered attempting attainment of a legacy yourself? what does it mean to you?'' The ways are myriad but each must find that which is their own way, the one that resonates within. ''And if you would like to see what we do, would you be willing to volunteer for the demonstration?'' How much do you want to know? ''I promise you shall come to no harm. That's not what we are about.'' The masons workshop you walked through might have given something away. The name even, Mason.

A wider smile blooms. ''No not so dense you worked it out.'' Nodding through the window. ''My hallow has quite the peaceful resonance it pairs well with me.'' And it has already been of great use.

A shorter sharper intake of breath at that question. ''That is tricky.'' He thinks. ''I have only speculation nothing concrete.'' Making sure Philip knew these were just his thoughts not hard facts. ''Lets start with Puck.'' Because that is easier. ''First talon is a well known rank in and out of the arrow. They are generally in charge of and organise defences and responses to threats. They work closely within a Consilium to keep the community safe. If he was one, it makes sense to reveal it. If he was not, with no arrows present it would be hard to contest him, and should garner immediate respect and power.'' His actions suggest the latter to me, that he was not. ''I personally think Puck was a test of some kind. By who or what I know not and if we passed remains to be seen.'' It could fate or the oracles themselves for all I know.

A short sigh. ''For the other two.'' he shrugs. ''I have no idea why they did that.'' It breaches rule and protocol, we have secret signals to prevent that very thing. It is something that is truly beyond him. ''I do not say this to shut down your questions, I truly do not know, nor could even begin to speculate.'' Only the guardians are more secretive then us so we really shouldn't be having this problem. ''And yourself, what are you thoughts on all of this? Puck, Aurora and Corn.'' Fair is fair my friend.

The same way you gave Philip the voter title, by changing the mini sheet , chambers still has yay new person as well their is a way to change it but I would need to find it again.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip frowned, confused. His musings hadn`t really meant to come out as a question in that way. Of course I know of the Astral.
    "I know a little of the astral, but I guess I was just lost in my musings I guess. Wasn`t really meant to come out that way. I`d long theorized Space had a similar thing to what I just described with time. So let me rephrase my question. How do you perceive the Astral realms and how does this affect your relationship with change?"
    He then became confused. They were discussiong parables. After all, he himself had started that. But he was surprised Chambers would bring up that particular parable-slash-rhyme and he didn`t know what Chambers was getting at.
    "Magpie poem? You mean the nursery rhyme, or are you talking about something else? What do you mean with that?"
    he asked, curiously. But he was positively surprised by Chambers. He was continuing to challenge him, and now he knew it too. So he nodded appreciatively when Chambers said that. Chambers counter-question to get something out of his answer to Philip`s question about Puck, Aurora and Corn was appreciated and gave-slash-took him a moment to think about, reverting to his deadpan he reserved for delicate discussions.
    "Yeah, Puck mentioning his rank made sense, and I got that he was a bigshot from the conversation too. That still didn`t mean anything to me, because he was a Free Council traitor. But you make a good point, perhaps I didn`t give that enough credit."
    Philip said. And while he was still in the deadpan he used for delicate discussion, it was clear from his inflection he didn`t think much of Puck for abandoning the Free Council. After all, they embraced mages from all backgrounds, so for one to turn his back on them was alien to him. He then continued to the more tricky part of the discussion, deciding now was the time to reveal something slightly more secret to Chambers. While he still wore his deadpan, he adopted a serious gaze even more directly and piercingly at Chambers.
    "On the subject of your fellow Mystagogues, and I say this under four eyes to you because I trust you. My honest five cents from an outsider`s point of view is they seem to be less into the whole secrecy thing than you are. After all, Corn couldn`t stop talking in the Circle about, well, everything. And all it took was my unintentional provocation of Aurora for her to spill what I can only assume were some of her most treasured secrets about herself, the Consilium and its` history. Granted, I meant to challenge her."
    he admitted. He couldn`t take back what he`d said in the Circle and he didn`t pretend to.
    "But needless to say, I`d never have said what I did if I`d known it was one of her biggest soft spots. I`m actually stunned I know as much about those two as I do now, knowing what you told me and their order affiliation."
    He said, leaving what he said to be digested. After all, this soft spot of Aurora`s seemed to be on par with his own soft spot about the smell of rotting corpses and Chambers` about his apostate contact. And this knowledge was something he could certainly abuse in the future and now Chambers could too, or he could help them cover up these weaknesses. That was how much he trusted him.
    On the subject of his legacy though, Chambers did not disappoint. His question about his own relationship with legacies was expected, given he now understood the Mysterium MO to always want something in return. And he couldn`t know the Free Council had a love-hate relationship with them, and Philip was not ready for this step. So he sighed, stating:
    "I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell you that I`ve not actually become part of a legacy myself. But can`t fault you for asking. Anyway, many in the Free Council have always had a love-hate relationship with them and I just find them a step too far for now, a risk I`m not willing to take. I mean I can appreciate the power and clarity it brings but.... no offense, it`s just too `diamond` for me, and I have to stay true to myself. That`s not to say there aren`t Libertines who join them, or Free Council legacies, far from it. But in many cases my colleagues join legacies from other orders."
    But despite admitting that, he still wanted to know everything he could get from Chambers, so he continued.
    "But having said that, sure. Sounds like an interesting learning experience so count me in."
    After all, if Chambers tried anything, he was an Adept of Fate and his destiny or free will would not be messed around with. So he waited expectantly for Chambers` show to start and for an answer about his earlier question as to what his legacy was all about. He was surprised when Chambers freely admitted he had access to a hallow when asked, although he`d kinda sensed it.
    "Interesting. Yeah, I can see the quiet fitting you perfectly. Makes sense. Anyway, do you know how strong your hallow is?"
    He asked, curious if Chambers had any means of finding out how much mana he was able to draw, and by extension if Chambers had access to Prime, or if he was even open to answering this question.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He chuckles. "I will confess to knowing little of it myself but I do know that you need to pass through the dream state of regular meditation before you can reach it. And it has layers or depth. I can’t say more then that I do not know.’’ But our dreams are full of insights and things to unravel it does show us that. "Until I experience them, I can say little of how it affects me or my views.’’ I have no doubt it will though.

He drinks, savouring the beverage. "It might well be a nursery rhyme this side of the pond I don’t actually Know.’’ If so trust old folk knowledge to be degraded to such things. "I refer to one is sorrow two is joy. That poem?’’ And an easy example of people using signs for portents, acts of fate.

Eyebrows raise. "Did you now?’’ He decides to blunt. "From that conversation I got the feeling he was largely disliked.’’ And he showed us why, I think.

He sighs. I can’t entirely disagree with him here. "Corn did talk ... a lot ... about things perhaps better left unsaid.’’ A dangerous habit. "Maybe he had a different induction to me? Perhaps he is just more cavalier by nature. Or it was bait even.’’ Not unheard of but a risky practice if so. Chambers shrugs. "I do not know.’’ Now the other one. "As for Aurora.’’ Pause to think. "You know what they say about assumption. We don’t know if those are the darkest secrets, just recent things, a tip of the iceberg.’’ Never presume to know, darker secrets can be hidden in the shadows of less valuable knowledge.

That’s … an odd perception. "To Dimond? Curious I was tutored by an unaffiliated apostate.’’ Still nothing from her, I doubt she is even still here at this point. "She believed that to refine the soul was the birth right of every mage. An inheritance if you will.’’ And I can understand why. "Most legacies are based on path understanding not order membership.’’ Most but not all, yet all need the path to be known, any order can learn them if they find out how. "But you are right to hesitate to commit to the practices and ideology that lead to the achievement, it can be a hard road. Never mind finding a master that will take on pupils.’’ And one that won’t exploit it.

He opens a draw in the central table and retrieves a sketch book. "My Hallow? It does not quiet fill my pattern yet. But it has grown stronger since I started cultivating it.’’ Flipping to a blank page. "Okay ready. Before I begin you are welcome to put your sight on.’’ I said I would tell him after all.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip acknowledged Chambers` explanation and answer to his question about his perception of the Astral with a satisfied nod. Meanwhile, the warning to not assume again shone through. He`d repeated his mistake from the Circle. In the company of a friend, but still, the repetition was embarrassing, but true to his epitomy, as he knew. He would stay true to himself, no matter what.
    "Good point. That was the principal lesson of the day, to presume less. But still, scouring her pattern to save the lives of her compatriots, and retrieval of an artifact with importance to the entire fallen world. If that wasn`t exaggerated, and you told me you guys don`t like. Then that seems pretty significant. But you`re right. That could be the tip of the iceberg for all I know. After all, who knows what second-degree masters do in their free time, when they don`t execute groups of Seers at once, eh?"
    he said, reiterating the things Aurora had stated about herself in the Circle in all the detail he knew, nodding seriously when Chambers maybe even trolled him with his cheeky `Did you now?`. He would not sugarcoat his mistake. Unless he was talking about Puck.
    "Yeah, the others didn`t really seem to like him either, would be interesting to know the story there. And I mean, he gave off the vibe of being a bigshot. But with his treacheries, who knows what`s true and what not, about him? As you say, hope we passed this test."
    he wondered. The nursery rhyme was immediately recognised. So he nodded when Chambers said the opening lines, before going over to a questioning look, to get Chambers to explain what he meant by it.
    "Corn, baiting? Interesting idea. Wouldn`t immediately put it past him, but I`d see that as a lie of omission somehow, per your standards?"
    he asked, looking over to Chambers to see whether he`d agree with that assessment, per his obviously much more nuanced view of his own order`s protocols and his view on Corn`s intent. It was baffling to Philip that Chambers would even admit the possibility of Corn baiting them, or admit that Corn talked of things he`d have preferred to remain secret. But so far, the conversation about Corn and Aurora was going exactly as he`d hoped because he`d managed to maneouver it towards dangerous terrain for Chambers, where mere facial features could betray order secrets, just as he`d planned. This apparently also induced the (to Philip) positive side effect of flustering Chambers, the truth-bomb of Corn and Aurora`s seeming skirting of their secrecy oaths and being called out on that by Philip apparently loosening his tongue. Inwardly quite pleased with himself, he then continued the conversation, maintaining the same outward concern for his friend and his order`s secrets with his piercing gaze and deadpan expression.
    "So that idea smells fishy to me. Without knowing any better, I`m going with cavalier for the time being, call me dense."
    Chamber talk of his apostate contact, especially if it was the same one he`d mentioned before, was interesting. But that still didn`t change Philip`s position or his belief that what he`d just said about his order was true.
    "Interesting. And from my limited experience I`d have to agree that legacies are mostly independent of orders from what I`ve been able to gather on the subject, but I stand by what I said. But still. Refining the soul as a birthright? I suppose that makes sense, but not everyone has to grasp for it. But I can imagine finding a master to teach me and then someone that`s also not out to manipulate me on that score somewhere to be difficult."
    He knew if there would be a master to teach him any legacy, it would have to be a member of the Free Council, and he had no one immediate to turn to there. No one else would do, with everyone else too stuck up in their ways, to Philip at least. The irony that he himself was stuck up in his own ways with that sentiment wasn`t lost on him either. That type of uncertainty I do not need right now. And birthright? he thought, scoffing inwardly as Chambers listed a bunch of reasons for him to not even consider finding a legacy to join.
    After being lost in thought for a while, Chambers` comments about his hallow got an appreciative slight smile. Not quite his own patter yet, but likely still quite powerful, and he`d nurtured it to strength himself. He did not expect him to answer as much as he did.
    "Impressive, and well done you, nurturing it like you did."
    But, he still decided to cast his version of Sybils Sight.
    2 successes

Feeling the spell take effect, eyeing his sketchbook curiously, but briefly, before fully turning to face Chambers, eyeing him expectantly but warmly for this chance to learn something truly arcane about him, for once.
    "Interesting, now what do I do?"

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

(No mana it is covered by hallow/rote.)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

An opened shrug is his response for Philip knows as much as he does at this point in time. ''I never said she was lying. I am simply saying consider what she might has chosen not to say. You and I have no need to know what that artefact did, it might be dangerous for us to know what threatened the awakened world in ways we can't fathom.'' She had no obligation to tell us anything so, nor any to expound on what she did.

Chambers Smirks. ''He gave off the vibe of being rude and stuck up if you ask me. But Not all awakened are the friendly sorts their actions matter more. And he broken his word as soon as he gave it.'' Which it seems to Chambers is pretty damming if the narrowed eyed an clipped tone are anything to go by.

His brow furrows. ''Now do recall you know I am no Curator, my judgement of these things is not perfect.'' Or else I would be. ''Is it a lie of omission to revel a bunch of information, assume the mages of your Consilium will adhere to the expected good faith practice and not exploit that, but have whatever the information warded or trapped in case they do?'' It's clearly a question he expects Philip to weigh in on. ''Personally I think not. Otherwise all wards, bans and security measures would be considered lies of omission.'' And no one objects to personal security measures. But Chambers definitely does not call his guest dense, he does not believe him to be so.

Chambers nods. ''Not every mage chooses to pursue the path of soul refinement. It is after all highly personal.'' Nor should anyone be forced into such a permanent choice.

Then the Cold rush down his spine tells him magic is afoot. Nothing to be alarmed about he had trusted Philip enough to invite him here and just suggested he use magic after all.

''Now if you will excuse me for a few moments.''

He takes a breath and begins to chant in briefly in the fragments of the Atlantean tongue left to them, high speech rolls forth. Not just in his voice but the shadows seem to faintly whisper it, echo it. He draws forth ambient mana from his Hallow to fuel the spell.

failure

And the imago is not their, not waiting for he is unable to span the abyss and bring it forth.

Really again. ''Excuse me.''

More high speech. More drawn mana, more then he would liked to have called on for this.

Sybil's sight 3 successes
    I forgot to knock of a dice for the re try penalty my bad, knocking a dice off the end does not change the roll however so fortunately nothing to major

The golden glyph seems to carve itself into his pattern before Philip sight each line swiftly and simultaneous brought in to being, giving it an artistic quality. There it is. this time mind focused on the truth his will bent to it the lie peels away and the weave of fate is made know to him.

''And with that done.'' Now the rote.

He chants once once, hands coming together to and parting held in contact only by the little fingers, forming if you will an book opening with his hands.

Scribe final name 6 successes
    Philip can roll Resolve+Gnosis to contest this as this is targeted at him. All six suxx are going to potency.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

On the subject of Puck, Philip could only nod in agreement. He was still not quite over the nerve of that guy, himself.
    Chambers made good points about Aurora, and Philip nodded on those subjects too. On the subject of Corn, he furrowed his brow too, taking a swig of the Angostura. Similar to, but not like Chambers. He was not imitating him, merely lost in thought himself.
    "Well, from a Free Council perspective everyone should want to reveal as much about themselves as possible because we believe information wants to be free. I don`t see this question having anything to do with bans, wards or security. As you said, it is one of your principles to not lie or distort the truth. So revealing trapped information or baiting others seems to defeat that purpose to me and is taking it several steps beyond warding or security. Revealing poisoned information, or baiting others is worse than revealing nothing after all, because it sows doubt. Which only makes sense if that was the intention. So I do not think he did that."

When it came time to Chamber`s show-and-tell, Philip was stunned. It wasn`t by Chambers` initial failure to cast, though. That didn`t bother him almost at all, bothering him so little in fact that he gave him a confused look when he apologised. After all, he himself made techne mistakes somewhat frequently too, and the conversation they`d been having had been quite deep and likely quite consuming for him too. But that he then cast a spell on him, that was not part of the arrangement in his mind. So he thought the apology was in advance for the spell he then cast on him. Granted, he`d accepted to go along with him, but he knew from past experiences he very quickly got overloaded with too many spells affecting him, so this made him very nervous. Rhe fact that Chambers stated no harm would come to him only gave him some measure of comfort, and he would hold his friend to that. Although he did resist the attempt to overload him, he trusted him enough that he didn`t feel the need to scrutinize his actions, merely giving him a concerned, but mostly curious and questioning look.
    3 successes

"What are you casting on me, and what does it do exactly?"he asked.
    "I`m holding you to the `no harm` part, though. No offense."
    he declared, defensively, at the unfamiliar spell and circumstances.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

I know the free councils stance, and know it to be wrong. Forces actively subvert and hide the truth. That's the difference information might want to be free but most information is a lie. And the truth in the wrong hands can be more damaging yet.
    He does not however take the proffered bait. ''Well be both know we stand on opposite sides that particular view point.'' Somethings simply would always be different. ''I'm not saying that is what he has done. Just a consideration.'' I know some of my order do just that to test the trustworthiness of new recruits though.

I'm curious though. ''Ask yourself this.'' He pauses for a moment. ''Say a person revels in good faith where they live to a stranger they don't know if they can trust yet.'' This should be easy to see who is who. ''They do not mention the vicious guard dog they have. As that is not relevant to tell someone you do not expect to break into your house.'' Hence why it must be done in the good faith that you do not expect to be exploited. ''The unknown person decides to break in and gets mauled by the dog.'' Keeping it to mundane examples. ''Who is responsible for the trespasser's fate?'' Now if a curator would agree well I would need one to ask in the first place.

As the glyph takes hold settling in the enchanters pattern the formally blank page of the sketch book covers with script wrought of pure magic. Numbers, equations of every sort. Indices, algebra and all the rest some larger others smaller, some in a traditional format others curve or circle in on themselves some have space around them others are so close they are hard to distinguish apart. To a mathematician this would be pure gibberish.

Chambers look from the page to Philip. ''I am showing you what my legacy does.'' A little questioning in his look. ''Did you expect something other the magic when you agreed to volunteer?'' He gestures to the page. ''This is a record of every sympathetic connection you currently have with everyone and everything.'' This can be a lot to take in a literal and absolute record of your life. ''I'll explain more as we progress.'' For now he turns the sketch book over to Philip. ''Do you have the knowledge of the arcana you need to read this?'' That would make this a lot easier.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Yes, we already agreed to disagree on that point. Forgive me, but the only reason I restated the obvious was because I felt it relevant to highlight my different perspective on this subject. You make a good point with your address and guard dog analogy, which helps me understand where you`re coming from. In your example, I`d say the trespasser is responsible for his fate because he`s doing something he shouldn`t be doing, aka breaking and entering or something to that effect.
    But I feel the situation changes somewhat when you go into the arcane, the layers of mystery can cause it to be less clear. So let`s just for the sake of argument continue your analogy there. Say someone tells you in confidence, I don`t know, knowledge of the location of some arcane secret, or of a veil breach, aka the address. You get the location and general details, but they fail to mention the abyssal creatures with a vested interest in said thing that they also know of, aka your guard dog. You show up out of curiosity to someplace they did not warn you against, and get blasted by a powerful entity and cause your own veil breach in self-defense, say, or something of the like. Sure, you`re responsible for your own breaches, but you could also get the feeling the other guy set you up. What do you think? This also goes without saying that I don`t think he did that either. But I`m just saying, continuing your example, that our stock and trade is seperating truth from the Lie and what`s right and wrong gets blurred very quickly."

He gave him an appreciative nod, though he didn`t really understand what Chambers was doing.
    "Truth be told, I expected more to see the result of your work, like in that notebook and not the whole process. Wow, cool, and so much more. A description of every sympathetic connection. Some mages could think of a million ways to weaponize this, though."
    he said gravely. The notebook was apparently worth more than gold to whoever understood what was written. He then turned around, confused as to what exactly he said would be required.
    "As for arcana, please tell me, I assume you`re talking about Prime? I Nope, don`t have any insight into that. Does the Fate Sight I currently have up work well enough? I mean, I can understand Atlantean symbols, I know High Speech, but that`s not what you`re talking about is it?"
    He then turned around, confused.
    "I know you said you aren`t finished but I have to know. I thought you said your legacy was called the Stone Scribes? Where does the stone come in?"

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread