DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The house boat (From the outside the lower balcony has had external walls put up and cannot be seen directly into) is indeed moored at the stated marina the only one like it to be moored so. The wooden hull stands out from the plastic and carbon it floats near. At this time in the evening little activity happens around the marina, temperatures still to low for most to spend them out on their luxury crafts and a only a small few make their homes afloat as it seems Chambers does.

The wooden door displays a name painted in a professional hand. XXXVXCVXCVC and the smell of cooking wafts from within.

masterful (difficulty -5) beef casserole 3 successes

masterful (difficulty -5) baked bread 2 successes

Philip Crosen
    Xisdor
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

It had been a few days, and he`d forgotten to send Chambers the location for the proposed meeting. That had been an embarrassing oversight, as he read Chambers` message on the corkboard: a direct invitation to his sanctum, something he hadn`t even considered, having initially planned the meeting at some bar- more neutral ground. True to form, he`d brought a bottle of Baileys and one of Angostura Bitters for Chambers. He`d keep the second in reserve to gift him if it seemed he liked the first one. Hopefully he likes them. His `bitter drinks` request had not been forgotten, after all. He`d also brought some non-alcoholic punch and of course, his by-this-point-almost-trademark chocolate chip cookies, in his backpack.

Dressed in casual clothes: gray-green shoes, gray jacket and blue sweater, he decided it wasn`t a formal-formal occasion. Soon enough, he came to Chambers` house-boat at the appropriate time and place. It was a formidable place. Quite a cool life you lead. he though, with the tiniest pinch of envy when compared to his tiny, almost squalid apartment. Close to the pier by the house-boat but not on it yet, he shouted:
    "Permission to come aboard, Mason?" It seemed appropriate and a given to ask for permission to enter his Sanctum, after all. And it seemed Chambers had been preparing for his arrival, as the by-now-almost-characteristic smell of his delicioous cooking gently and invitingly wafted through the air.
    After curteously waiting for a response to his request to come aboard, he added:
    "I do apologise. I simply forgot to send you my adress. It simply slipped my mind, and then I was swamped with work. Wayy too many meetings that went through the night, and preparations that turned to all-nighters."

Equipment: backpack with a bottle of Baileys and one of Angostura Bitters, 1 thermos flask of very hot non-alcoholic punch, paper towels, jar of chocolate chip cookies, order-tool-slash-phone, wallet, first-aid kit, can of hairspray, lighter, pack of cigarettes
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Why does everyone ask that, do they think I haven't heard it before? But he smirks knowing its well meant. ''Reggie.'' Catching the use of which names to use. ''Doors on the latch, come in.''

The front door to what would have been the lower balcony is marked with the boats name. XXXVXCVXCVC, and leads into a gloomy workshop in which the air tastes of stone dust. No electronics or light sources are found within bar that which bleeds through cracks in the wall and the from the trapdoor in the ceiling. Various hammers and chisels are hooked neatly on the walls, stacks of different gain sand paper are carefully filed and crates of large rocks take up two corners. A single large work surface dominates the centre of the space on which sits a cushioned box currently empty. A single unmarked door leads in the residence proper.

Once through the second door the scene that greets is one of a far more comfortable space. The main living areas is full of natural light with a full wall window by which an armchair is set up, along the interior wall, the galley which now has a well supplied spice rack and various recipes cards stuck to cupboard doors, and food storage. A plush sofa against the what would have been the outside wall. Pots and pans hang from the elevated ceiling, a coffee table holds dominion in the centre, and small units clutter around the seating arrangements, providing both surfaces and draws for storage. The air has a hint of roses, clove and cinnamon by virtue of the ash tray on one such coffee stand, by the armchair in which the remains of pipe tobacco still sit, although currently mostly masked by the savoury aroma of the bubbling cook pot.

A narrow corridor leads further into the vessel two doors can be seen along its length, before opening again in a much smaller space at the far end of the boat. From the external view various poles and hooks can been seen set up performing unmonitored fishing.

Chambers himself is busy around the galley dressed today in what could be best described as classically dark academic attire He turns just to make sure it is in fact who he thinks and once the door closes speaks. ''Philip good to see, just to clarify it is safe to talk openly here if you want just make sure the windows are closed and all the usual safety measures. Grab a seat food will be readily promptly.'' This had been so much harder then he had expected, the bread mixture just hadn't wanted to firm up right and was really pushing the clock a bit.

''Make yourself comfortable I'll be right with you.'' Given the galley shared open plan space with the living area it made conversation just as easy as if Chambers was sitting.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Chambers was inviting enough and let him come aboard, to his delight. After taking a seat in the place Chambers designated, he heard Chambers` hesitation about his food.
    ”Oh, never mind. I just wanted to do my due diligence on the pier. I`ve gotta say whatever you`re making smells delicious. And if your other food is any indication this is a five-star-dish. Take all the time you need. And if you need a helping hand with anything at all, just give the word and I`ll be right there with you.”
    He then added, after a long contemplative silence: ”You`ve gotta visit my place sometime, too. It`s not as grandiose as this boat, but still.”
    He then waited to hear from Chambers to see if he was taking him up on either of his two offers. His gifts would have to wait. After all, they were more intended for desert and not a side to main dishes. He was relieved when Chambers said he didn`t have to take any more precautions in his sanctum. Nevertheless, he still stuck to somewhat mundane address and avoided names, to maintain plausible deniability until he could talk more silently with him and the windows were properly closed. Meanwhile, his mouth almost watered at the intense, delicious smell in the air. He couldn`t wait to try whatever Chambers was preparing.

Sorry for the first accidental copy-paste into the wrong thread.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Continuing to put final preparations in place Chambers sets up two trays one for of each of them. Onto each goes a plate and bowl, a small pot of butter, a knife and spoon. The comment gets an appreciative chuckle. ''Thank you that's very kind, but it could always be better.'' Not one to accept he had ever reached the limits of understanding. ''Beef casserole is on the menu today, with bread as fresh as it gets from the oven to go with.'' Speaking of the contents of the cook pot is transferred into the bowls via ladle. ''Can I get you something to drink?'' The question thrown over his shoulder amidst the meal assembly, host duties mean something to Chambers evidently.

The bread comes out piping hot to be met with a knife that saws it cleanly into slices that reach the plate as the scent of fresh bread permeates the room. The first tray is brought over to Philip and the second for himself he puts next to his armchair, drinks still need sorting after all. He is chuckling a little. See his place I thought that's what this was meant to be. ''Don't worry about it you can host next we have a get together. Although I would hardly say my place is grandiose, its not exactly a mansion.'' Far from it. ''And I'll wager you don't need to empty your own septic tank.'' It had its draw backs. ''I lived on one like this when I was in India, I feel in love with the lifestyle and searched high and low as soon as I was back.'' But that's by the by.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"Regular faucet water is fine, thanks. You can learn so much about a place from the taste and quality of its` water. And you`re absolutely right, we continue to search and chase for truth and perfection only to never find it. Part of the job description. But that still doesn`t dissuade me from giving a complement when it`s due and you’re your hospitality has so far been first-rate from my limited experience."

He then gave a slight inward chuckle. He`d expected Chambers to balk at his statement that his place wasn`t grandiose after all. That was very impressive to him though, and humble. It was all he could do to stop himself from smirking at him.

"Growing up on a farm, I`m used to a completely different lifestyle entirely. But still, I`ve grown accustomed to the tiny place I`ve lived in these past years since after my awakening. So much so that I`m not trading it for anything, for the time being at least. So I guess you`re right, I don`t have that problem. Heh."

Granted, he had plenty of others and trouble always had a way of following him, or he was following it.

"And yet, I couldn`t help but marvel at bigger or different places. Call it a remnant from my childhood- a fetish, if you will. I still cherish some of my pre-awakened memories."

Except those times with those stinking cadavers in the forest. Urghh!
    he thought, as one of his few unpleasant memories from that time once again reared its` ugly head. One he`d forgiven Chambers for, but he`d come to associate with him anyway after the incident in the park. After all he knew that he was certainly in a better position with not having to empty anything manually as Chambers just described, despite his apartment`s tiny size. And yet, Chambers had accepted him in his abode. And that was something new to cherish.

”Anyway, I have some gifts for you myself, though you`d have to tell me what fits to what. I`ve a thermos flask of hot non-alcoholic punch, a bottle of Angostura Bitters and one of Baileys. Take your pick which you prefer and what goes to what, and keep all of them. Minus the thermos flask, but still.”

he said, having done a one-eighty and just decided to reveal his gifts in one go anway.

”And I`d love to know which of these you prefer, or if you have some other favorite drink, for the future.”

he said, grinning politely. Sure, he could use the Time arcanum to figure out which of those he`d most likely prefer, he thought at least. But he felt that was uncertain and just plain bad form.

On the subject of India he was intensely curious. After all, he knew he was a Stone Scribe who apparently had much use for a shovel. Despite the fact that Chambers had earlier told him in no uncertain terms that he was over-fixating on it. He still didn`t really have a clue what Stone Scribes did, besides the title description. But he hoped, he could tell him more about India, at least.

"You`ve mentioned your travels abroad quite a few times. Must be nice, living on a house-boat, the rivers of the world your oyster. Did you sail down all the waterways of central Asia digging up occult artifacts?"

he asked, something endearing and decidedly exotic about this thought crossing his min- swashbuckling adventures across Asia in his rustbucket. This wasn`t meant condescendingly though, but having heard him mention his travels several times, he really wanted him to reveal something, anything about it. He then phantasized aloud:

"I could imagine you shoring up the hull of your boat with Matter and taking on the deep blue ocean by yourself, looking for arcane significance in shipwrecks or such on forgotten shores. That actually sounds exciting, now that I said it out loud."

Granted, it was a wild phantasy, but he was content to speculate, lost in his thoughts.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A cup is filled with water from the tap and handed over to his guest. ''If your sure, I have quite the array of teas, hot chocolate, a few bottles of wine in.'' Making sure Philip was content with just that.

He can picture Philip living neither on a farm nor in a tiny apartment. A small chuckle. ''For some reason I see you and think penthouse or high rise modern flat, I would never have out you somewhere small.'' Nicely done on subverting the expectation.

A open armed shrug is offered. ''The awakening does not strip us of what we had experienced before, for some the inability to reconcile what was and what is now known is to much. And they become what we call the mad.'' On that topic. ''An area of personal curiosity if you'll indulge me, are there any elements of life from your sleeping years you still believe hold to be true?'' Usually he frames this question around death but has tactfully chosen not to do so.

Eyes widening appreciation. ''That's very kind of you thank you. While I do love your punch the Angostura is a perfect fir for this dish, will you join me in a drink?'' Rising again he fetches two high ball glasses but leaves Philip to pour enabling him to politely accept or decline adding alcohol to the mix. ''Personally I'm afraid my palette is rather simplistic I have tried many cocktails, sampled dozens of wines but I always return to a good pint of Guinness.'' Bitter beer was the safe harbour he always returned to.

Settling properly now he nods to the statement. ''Having the freedom to up and move is very nice, add to that the bonus of a mobile sanctum and well I can't complain.'' He readjusts in the armchair to get comfortable. ''In India? Not on the house boat no I was renting a room. And most of my digging was dogs body work. Be it for the course that had me visiting or the order I was secretly learning from, I certainly was not allowed near anything truly interesting.'' Far to new and far to fleeting for that.

''It does have a certain appeal to it though doesn't it, but for now the Sacramento and American rivers have to suffice.'' And goodness knows little supernatural happens along these. ''Although yes I would love to sail the Ganges in full one day, the Nile to and others.'' The sites, the history it would be amazing. ''Although other awakened might accuse me of trespassing on their territory.'' It's happened once.

That gets a good natured laugh. ''You know something about sailing then.'' Enough to know this is not an Ocean vessel. ''But yes once I am proficient enough, what is stopping me doing just that?'' A pause. ''I was going to say breathing under water but I think matter can handle that as well.'' If I got creative.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

He poured the Angostura into the glasses indicated, leaving Chambers to tell him what he wanted him to do. Subverting Chambers` expectations was easier than I thought. Like flicking a switch. He shrugged."Well as I said some time ago, I try not to be too predictable."
    Then he answered Chambers` main query.
    ”True? All of it and none of it. When you see everything at once- infinite temporal possibilities infinitely harmonious existing all at the same time, pockets of time moving at different speeds- and start to quantify luck, I guess that`s how it goes. It was fate that it happened I guess, although my life has been guided by fate both before and after. I guess you could call that a constant. And I suppose my love of shooting and researching and my evaluation of my experiences connected with that. But enough about me, how was it for you? What do you still hold to be true and how was it like for you?” he asked, sipping his tap water, taking in all the nuances of Chambers` local brand of water. It was something he lived with every day and took for granted, and yet it was the key for life. He didn`t tell him, that his hope and compassion had been a steadying influence that stayed. That was none of Chambers` business. Tilting his head, he answered:
    ”Well, that`s a bummer. But I`m sure it won`t be long before you can take on the ocean by yourself. But even so, I could imagine the tranquility of the river to be quite meditative and introspective. Then again, yeah. I could see territorial boundaries ruining your day. I`m just imagining an angry Obrimos smashing into your boat because you didn`t pay your toll. Hehehe. Good I don`t have to deal with that.”
    He then turned to think, surprised.
    Breathing underwater? Ok. Moros are cooler than I thought. But I guess, Matter, duh… He then gave Chambers a look.
    ”Breathing underwater? What do you need a boat for once you can do that?”
    he said, giving Chambers a good-natured laugh. After all, Chambers was interested in biking, and so the difference between walking on the ocean floor and going by boat wasn`t exactly clear. He didn`t tell him the only reason he suggested shoring up his boat with Matter was because he considered his Sanctum a rustbucket that could barely float, although it was clearly proving him wrong so far, also being quite cozy.
    ”Nope, only thing I know is from my research hobby. Never been on a house boat myself before today.”
    Guiness for the Moros. Good to know. Still, somewhat foolish for him to reveal that so easily.
    he thought, nodding as Chambers admitted what his favorite drink was, noting how easy it was to manipulate him with this information to give him more, but he buried that thought. After all, it was free info he got just for the heck of getting more free info. After finishing his water, he added:
    ”A large can of water could be nice, though.”
    To go with the food. Surprised he didn`t think of it before I said it. Heh. But ohwell.
    It was also on his mind to ask Chambers if he could start eating, but instead he waited courteously until Chambers finished serving himself, and started eating only after he did.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Philip provided more insight into his awakening then had been anticipated and it was fascinating. Chambers listens with a polite intensity it being something he had not and likely might never have insight to again. ''That sounds incredible.'' His voice just above a revered whisper. To experience one thing quantified so absolutely as time all at once, and something dismissed as fable like fate in a quantified way it must have been wonderful. ''For me?.'' He takes a moment putting such a thing into words was no small task. ''To awaken to the tower of the lead coin is ... to experience the realm of death itself the screaming shades unrelenting in a realm that feels so at peace, to experience things air, matter in states utterly absolute yet with and sometimes in constant change.'' In truth it is ineffable. ''Stygia is the realm of change, in which all changes been set yet are happening in perfect harmony.'' He looks to Philip to see hope successful he had managed to convey a truly complex idea.

He reaches for a slice of the bread and realises it is still a little to hot. Shaking his fingers off. ''I usually frame this question in terms of death.'' Risking the subject because it how he understands it best. ''Sleepers state all things must die.'' Simple. ''We know all things are part of the lie which means death is not an absolute anymore.'' It is just change. ''Some mages find that idea difficult.'' Although none in Sacramento so far. ''With that in mind it helps me readily accept whatever I take to be true ,might be limited, incomplete or only part of the greater truth.'' As for what holds over. ''Names seem to hold true do they not. The ones we don't tell each other for protection.'' Other indisputable highly personal things. ''Where I was born, who my relations are things like that seem to hold true. But the grand ideas, the sweeping statement of existence.'' A shake of his head. ''None that come to mind.'' No science, no occult, no religion or politics none of it is the whole truth.

That gets a laugh. ''You do have to be careful, mages, both solitaires and consilium's can be very territorial.'' Calming himself. ''Yes it is, the peace helps, its part of why I dock here. Have you noticed the other reason?'' Speaking of being territorial. Then considering. ''That is it isn't it. We use tools and transport out of what habit? need? to fill the gaps in our capabilities? If I was proficient enough to do that why would I need a boat? for storage? To carry supplies I might still need like food after all I have serve difficulties with the life Arcanum.'' And that usually governs bodily functions. Looking to the free councillor, curious on his reaction and thoughts to magic supplanting the need for technology and tools.

With the casserole having cooled some Chambers begins to eat, Philip not doing so does not seem to bother him. He wouldn't be the first to turn down my cooking. Trusting I don't plan to poison them is a step some need time to reach.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

()Thumbs up Spent
    PRE

"Well it was overwhelming to say the least. Is overwhelming. And what you said seems quite incredible too. At peace yet screaming, unrelenting and in constant change and yet absolute. Just like how your shovel changed my perception of you at first. Yep, I`ll keep trolling you with the shovel till the end of time."
    he said grinning at him. Chambers` comment about the cycle of life and such, and that death equals change gets a shrug.
    "I suppose that part is a comfort to us Awakened. Because who cares, life`s a laugh. And besides, we know that we each only hold a portion of the truth anyway, given to us by our wit, insight and arcana." he said, still cheery. Chambers would not get him down despite his doom-and-gloom vibe. On the subject of relatons, he pretty much felt as Chambers felt.
    "I`d have to agree there, my birth, relations, name and such are all truths I feel I have to stick to as a human being. But I suppose I always trusted in fate. That`s where we differ I guess. Interesting."
    He then thought for a moment.
    "Humor me for a moment. Why do we give ourselves the grandiose title of Awakened while all our fellow humans we call `Sleepers` or `Mundanes` or such? A sleeper can absolutely knock us out if he surprises us, so they`re even capable of making a difference even while asleep. Sure we see through the Lie all around us. But even so, the Sleepers still exist, and our mundane connections matter. And as much as we loathe to admit it and fight against it, the Lie matters too. In a bad way, and to the Seers, but still."
    He was sure, that that provocative comment would raise some eyebrows with Chambers, and perhaps even strengthen him in his position and opinions, having it tested like this.
    Chambers` comment about territoriality gets a chuckle. After all, he was still imagining an angry Obrimos ruining his rustbucket. "Yeah, never underestimate even a single rogue mage unleashed."
    He didn`t quite understand him.
    "Other reason? Other than you finding territorial boundries being a headache or some sort of transportation simplification because of your job? Besides the tranquility I mean. ?"
    he offered, before becoming serious again as Chambers suggested eventually becoming strong enough to supplant all tool use with his Arcana.
    [colo=green]"I just feel that if there`s a tool for the job, especially if as you say it`s beyond our arcane abilities, we should use it. With that said, sure. I mean in an ideal world we`d all be 5th-degree masters or such, that we can achieve things beyond our current wildest dreams. But until we get there I find nothing wrong in using the right tool for the job, and chipping away at the Lie in other ways. Sure, that convenience is part of the Lie but we can`t be perfect. And at least for me, I struggle to find the utility in fighting the Lie completely isolated from its tools in every way, living like a hermit. Although even that wouldn`t be a guarantee."[/color]
    He sighed, he hadn`t intended to get so worked up. But Chambers had challenged him and some of his changed precepts after their discussion long ago in the Circle with Witch. And while he liked the challenge, he threw it back over to Chambers immediately. As Chambers begins to eat, Philip takes his own bite.
    "Well, it`s every bit as good as it smells. Nice."
    Not that I didn`t know that before anyway. he thought, arrogant and greedily about the food. Although in truth, he of course had not used his awakened will to determine anything while he was there or before getting there.

Accidentally somehow clicked some key combination that caused this post to show a 4-mana usage for no reason. No idea what I even clicked. Philip has not done anything that used mana at all this scene so far or this post, just wanted to make that clear and sorry for this misclick, so I changed it to a thumbs up, from Chambers last comments instead.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread