Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

A most feline discussion

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

As Priscus Jack shared what he had found, Priscus Baker discovered in his tomes that familiars used by witches were commonly frogs, ravens and cats. The modern response was that cats were often nocturnal, and there were often negative responses to witches accompanied by black cats.
    There were similar accounts, such as cats being involved in the death weak, sick and babies by stealing their breath.
    The Crone script did note that there were witches who could communicate with cats. As well as supercede their will for magical purposes, such as carrying out curses or spying undetected. There was a note about a cat in the 1900s who a particular archivist, Key, believed that she witnessed a cat take the breath of someone who was near death and traveled to a dark mage.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al listened and nodded, while interrupting his reading.

"That does indeed fit. Though there might be more to it than just superstition. I do have a text here that says that there are witches that can speak with cats and use them to deliver curses. And this text here says that the authr believed having witnessed a cat stealing the last breath of a dying person and brought it to a dark mage."

He paused and thought for a while.

"I don't like the implications of this. I really would like to see the aura of this feline..."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm," the Lord hummed in thought with the additional details. "Anything there about what happens when the dark mage is deceased?"

Eyebrows raised, "What would that tell you?"

He perused the books before him once more looking for the answer to his own original question.

3 successes

Blood Hunt:

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al looked on what he had found and shook his head.

"No, unfortunately not."

He thought a while before replying, raising his eyebrow as he thought it would be obvious.

"It would allow me a better educated guess than I have now to narrow down what exactly that creature is, Mr. Krait. That might help with the question how to deal with it."

Then he decided to look on to see if there was more knowledge to be found.

Int+Occ-1 (extended)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread