Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PRP: DYLF: Back to the lounge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

I don't know why it doesn't show the dice, I did everything as usual.
    it is dice 95907 +5

so Initiative 14

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Don`t know, but I also can`t seem to get the initiative die roll to post, it just straight up doesnt do anything, although I post the roll like I usually do. It seems this is a similar problem to what Fedup/Corn described. I take the roll like I usually do, copy it, but it doesn`t post, its literally a complete blank, as if I posted nothing, no roll whatsoever, when I post this?

Die roll for initiative for Philip was dice 95908
    So initiative for Philip is roll (7) + 6 = 13 ? Just making sure I`m getting this right.

Also, added the SPELL bbcodes here too, just for ease of reference. Hope that is ok.

spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Blue jeans guy initiative 7

Darren Initiative 7

Mothisa Ghost Initiative 9

The Car Initiative 11

Initiative: Corn (14), Philip (13), The car (11), Mothisa's Ghost (9), Darren (7), Blue jeans guy (7)

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

The shock and mindfreeze of being nearly possessed left Corn frozen, bewildered and terrified.
    But he had "pushed off" the ghost and by the appearance of the ghost, Mothisha was not aware how badly she tried to violate his privacy. He would have a stern talk to her later, about BOUNDARIES.
    That is, if there was a chance. Corn became acutely aware that things were going south as the Blue Jeans man assaults ... is that a man in that dress? What did Mothisha do?

Hunters. Or as close as for all intents and purposes, Corn thought. Time to put the ghost out of his mind for the time being.
    Composing himself, Corn drops Grim sight and rushes to stop the man trying to capture Mothisa's victim, shouting "FIRE!!!" at the top of his lungs as he lunges on the man, abandoning all defense. And it was still not enough - launching into a fight to block thoughts of being possessed by a ghost and stop fear from overwhelming one's self is not the most effective combat technique.

failure

Moves to the fighting people, attack all out... fail even if the blue-jeans man has 0 defense.
    Defense 0 for this turn.
    spells and effects

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip noticed the unfolding chaos and the approaching car. Corn recklessly trying to stop the would-be kidnapper of Mothisa-slash-Darren was mildly concerning. But that wasn`t as important to him at the moment as the unfortunate taxi driver he`d cursed. So he let out a relieved sigh when he could see him leaving his taxi, seemingly unharmed. He had pity on him and felt bad when he mentioned he`d have to take the cost out of his own paycheck.
    "That sucks, dude. Just bad timing, I guess. Good you`re doing ok at least, though."
    He then took out his order-tool-slash-phone in order to try to quickly and secretly photograph the taxi, the guy, the name of the taxi company, as much as he could get- in order to anonymously later give the taxi driver a portion of the money he`d now likely have to spend following this incident.
    Roll invalidated as action has not occurred

He expected the cost to likely go into the thousands, and he didn`t like that he`d likely have to research him later. But still he felt he had to atone for his mistake, despite his inner greed demon telling him otherwise.

Making sure I got this, but I assume this interaction covers his action for this turn and I hope this was OK and not too much.

Xisdor read the mage house rules for posting and comabt
    Last edited by ReubanBrightwood; Apr 12th, 2024 at 10:19 AM.  Reason for Edit: Struck to conform to combat rules

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Shop keeper Initiative= 12

Philip has little time to celebrate the safety of the taxi driver, for all his guilt the situation is moving rapidly, changing second by second, uncaring of his crisis of conscious. A door in the back of the shop opens and man of middling height, shaved head with tattoos around his neck and ears, wearing a plain white wife beater and black cargo trousers makes his angry presence known. Double so with shotgun he has pointed out towards the shattered window, taxi driver and Philip clear to see through the now empty window frame. ''THE FUCK.''

The car rolls up next to where Darren and blues Jeans guy are struggling as Corn inserts himself with a swing and a miss that goes wide. One of the back doors is flung open. The beat of club music adding a perverse and out of tone back track to the escalating alteration.

The ghost flails spectral arms uselessly against the assailant uselessly unable to interact with the physical world.

Maintain Grapple and move 3 successes

Escape grapple failure

The blue jeans thug gets a grip around Darren's waist and in a heavy pull and shove bodily flings Darren into the back seat of the car, his own bulk now proving to be a barrier of thuggish brawn between Corn and Darren. ''Get in there.'' Paying little attention to Corn for the moment.

Darrens' physically frail form, on poor footing has little power to resist the physical might of the thug in blue jeans and can only cry out unable to tear free. ''HELP!HELP!HELP!'' As he is shoved unceremoniously into the vehicle.

Initiative: Corn (14), Philip (13), Shop keeper (12), The car (11), Mothisa's Ghost (9), Darren (7), Blue jeans guy (7)

Reuban Brigh

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Combat posting rate is 24 hours, that has past Corn holds his action. Xisdor Philip Crosen your up

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

In case I am allowed to post:

For kidnappers, those guys certainly don't seem to care about witnesses.
    Thinking the car would take off with Mothisha's victim, Corn has little other recuse than to try and pull the man in the dress back out of the car. And Fails. Brawls are not his thing. He needed to be much better or stronger than he is. Corn tries his best to help the man but without magic, he is not too good in it.
    Damn the Abyss! If I could do some serious magic, this would have been over!
    But surrounded by people probably aware - and hostile - to the supernatural, is not the place to tempt the Abyss to give him a beating on top of what the thug probably will, to get him away from the car...

failure

spells and effects

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Despite initially being focused on the taxi driver and shopkeeper, the kidnapping of Mothisa-slash-Daren, the forcing of them into the van, and Corn`s seeming helplessness to prevent this was impossible for him to ignore. So in a fraction of a second, his brain started assigning priorities to everything in the chaos going on around him. Mothisa-slash-Daren were the primary target of his mission after all, despite internally still feeling for the taxi driver and shopkeeper. So he attempted to take photographs with his Order-Tool-slash-Phone of the license plate and of the van used for the abduction, his focus drawn back to the van.

2 successes

Hope this was appropriate for an action and that I got it right this time. He is making as many photographs as he can and not speaking to anyone, cutting off after saying what he did last post and, pressing on the take picture button as many times as he can in the tiny span of time that constitutes his action. How many he can take in that time is your discretion.

Sorry for the things I said in the PMs, and the OOC box. I will adress each of your points one at a time, and it might take me some time to finish adressing each one.

11. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

A master of matter he might be, a street brawler however he is not. Corns efforts while admirable garner little effect and thus little notice from the thug in blue jeans.

Philip gets his photo which given the speed things are falling apart around them might prove vital later down the line.

However the sound of an angry business owner who just had his shop smashed open might prove to be a more immediate obstacle. ''HEY. DROP IT.'' The shotgun is brought up and pointed at Philip. The Taxi driver right next him slowly raises his own hands. ''Hey man chill.''

The car holds it s action.

Mothisha's ghost seems to have either forgotten she can possess people or can't for some reason as she continues to silently flail tiny spectral arms against the thug.

Break free failure
    Darren is having no more success at a bid for freedom failing to escape the clutches or the car.

The guy in blue having got Darren into the car lets go suddenly and slams the door. The guy in blue is left with the flailing Corn on the street. He says nothing but, breathing heavy from the exertion. His body language, still very hostile.

The car's held action goes off and now begins to drive away accelerating as quickly as it can, picking up speed.

Initiative: Corn (14), Philip (13), Shop keeper (12), Mothisa's Ghost (9), Darren (7), Blue jeans guy (7), The car (6)

Reuban Brigh

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread