Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PRP: DYLF: Back to the lounge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

(guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

After getting off the picture of the taxi`s plate calmly despite the advancing shopkeeper, Philip was horrified and shocked when he fired. To him, a classic example of shooting the mail man. As if the shopkeeper couldn`t tell from his party clothes that there was no way he could have been the driver. In any case, it was a devastating shot. Point-blank range, aimed at his mid-section. A few inches to the right of his heart, by chance. Fate had spared his life. Just. Barely. Blood spluttered everywhere as he staggered and fell from the incredible concussive force, order tool-slash-phone in hand, backpack on his back, arresting his fall just the tiniest bit.
    Darn it. Why did I think myself safe? Stupid mistake by me. Play stupid games, eh. Yeah yeah. But still. I was only trying to get the taxi plate. he thought. But simultaneously this also awoke a cold fury inside of him. I`ll get you for this, you prick! I`ll bring down Arcadia`s fury on you for this, just you wait! Your crashed facade will be your pathetic life`s best memory in comparison, when you and your entire family is destitute and on the street, begging for scraps! he thought to himself, screaming in his mind, while he fell as a million different thoughts raced through it, that brought him to his present situation. But simultaneously he knew that would have to wait. Revenge was a dish best served cold, after all. And for that to happen, he`d have to be alive first in order to prepare it. So he knew he`d have to beg for help and he did so with as much grit as he could muster, trying to hide his thoughts and guilt-trip the shopkeeper into helping him.
    3 successes

""Please. First-aid."
    he said, pointing to his bag to indicate there was a first-aid kit in his backpack. He knew he`d have to be stabilised first and then he`d have to find some way to leave. And hopefully the shopkeeper would oblige him. Everything else had become irrelevant but his health and safety, and he`d clearly been too cavalier so far.

Willpower expenditure already marked in signature and spoiler for this latest roll.
    spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

With a combination of supernal will enforced on the fallen world and sheer moxie Corn pushes free of his attacker jugular and windpipe intact.

Philip badly wounded goes down, getting out of the path of further shots, and holds to not just life but awareness as a shot that would have almost certainly spelt the demise of a sleeper leaves him hurt but functional.
    Remember to apply wound penalties to rolls

And calls for much needed aid.

Resist coercion failure

''FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.'' The shop keeper seems panicked by his own escalation. ''YOU. HELP HIM.'' Using the gun in this moment more like a glorified stick to point from taxi driver to Philip.

This is well beyond the taxi drivers pay grade and he runs over to Philip and bends down. ''Dude let me.'' It seems he does want to help.

''GEORGE! YOU OKAY?" A new voice calls from the interior door the shop keeper originally came from.

The blue jeans thug grunts once loudly as Corn bucks him off. Before he tries lunging again he does spare a look to the developing situation over by the shop and then back to the restaurant he had been lurking outside. Smashing glass and people shouting might, might be possible to ignore with the sounds of the club so close to hand but the cacophonous blast of angry lead could not be mistaken for anything else and be they morbid, curious or a mix of both it has brought some people to the windows to look out into the dark. One last look to Corn, weighing options, the glint of vicious intellect present behind the harsh exterior then he turns and begins to flee.

Initiative: Corn (14), Philip (13), Shop keeper (12), Mothisa's Ghost (9), Darren (7), Blue jeans guy (7), The car (6)

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Taking just a moment to check himself, Corn sighs as he can't actually afford to rush after that criminal - or much better do something about him - with gunshots and Philip in a pickle.

Corn starts to run towards the gunshot, where the taxi has crushed.

IF he spots Philip down and a shopkeeper with a gun, he would shout "What the Hell?!"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip took out the first-aid kit from his backpack and as he did so, he gestured to the taxi driver to use it to stabilise him and administer first-aid.
    ”Here.”
    he told him briefly but meekly, in order to indicate how to go about things to the taxi driver as far as he knew them. Then again, although it was his first-aid kit, he was no expert himself either. In fact, he knew absolutely nothing about first-aid medicine except what he saw in movies. Slapping a band-aid on and how to open the kit was just about the extent of his knowledge with that fancy piece of gear he`d bought for good money. And besides, it was only for emergencies anyway, in case of just such an occurrence as he was experiencing at that moment, inspired by movies he`d watched. It was something he just felt was always good to have on him. After all, the pain was incredible, pulsing, coarsing through him. Whatever the shot itself hadn`t managed, the fall had. And that was besides the fact that he was bleeding from his injuries in several places from the shrapnel from the shotgun blast.

Sorry about the wound penalty mistake.

7. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Corn can absolutely see a downed and wounded Philip on the ground as the taxi driver scurries over to access the situation.

Philip, injury and and all is still conscious and somehow not wounded so badly that he is actively bleeding frees the first aid kit from his backpack for the taxi driver.

The shop keeper here's Corns yell and the gun comes up, shakier then it was before but still pointed in his direction. ''HEY. STAY BACK.''

The taxi driver takes out medical supplies and while clearly not a surgeon does mop up Philips wound and apply disinfectant. It stings like you wouldn't believe. * ''I got you.'' His hands tremble, his face pale but he is helping.

''GEORGE. WHATS GOING ON?'' The voice continues panicked from further inside.

* He is not rolling because as per rules for medicine p.61 healing wounds with first aid can only recover bashing damage, and since Philip is neither in a coma nor bleeding out he does not need to be stabilised, there is nothing mundane that can be done for him outside a hospital.

Initiative: Corn (14), Philip (13), Shop keeper (12), Mothisa's Ghost (9), Darren (7), Blue jeans guy (7), The car (6)

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn is very angry that the shopkeeper started shooting people for what he thinks is little reason and for delaying Philip that could have perhaps caught the fleeing car with the kidnapped person.
    "You shot an unarmed man!" he tells the shopkeeper, trying to get him to understand the gravity of what he did.

spells and effects

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

1 success

"Let me leave."
    he told the shopkeeper insistently, still being down on the ground, through the stinging pain of the disinfectant, although there was less bleeding than he initially expected. The taxi driver was nice, but the shopkeeper was the main threat with his menacing shotgun. And he needed to be made to understand he made a mistake, that Philip was `innocent`, as far as sleepers were concerned, and so allow Philip to leave.

Copied the wrong spoiler last time. 4 WP was incorrect in the last spoiler. Philip remains at 3 WP, which is correctly indicated now.

Did not forget the wound penalty this time, just forgot to mention the subtraction of the wound penalty in the roll description correctly and noticed my mistake too late, after I had already rolled. This is because Philip normally has wits 3 and I wrote and rolled wits 2 by accident. So two mistakes cancel each other out and the number of dice is correct, minus any penalties you might subtract in case of an unusual question, at your discretion.

Also double-checked, last time I also did not make a mistake with the number of dice because as last time his wits is 3 and I accidentally wrote and rolled for 2 last time as well meaning the dice rolled are correct both times. Note to self to get better with the diceroller and not be overly hasty has been noted.

Also, we are now officially over time I think with this post, and I think at 30 days. It is of course at your discretion how long this continues and what happens, just wanted to point this out.

12. Likes , liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Resist coercion failure

''AH. FUCK.'' He seems to have panicked chew over of his options but its pretty clear that not having a victim present is probabaly better for him. ''FUCK. GET OUT OF HERE.'' The gun lowers.

And with that the situations seems to lose a weight of tension. The spiral of chaos resolving into order the pieces of the puzzle scattered in new arrangements. The mages now face the choice. What comes next?

If you could both drop a response stating where you want to go from here. You can split up. There is currently a scene ongoing at the circle (A new, free, liberal, chat) thus it is not an option

Reuban Brigh

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

PRE

"Dude, are you OK? Like really Ok?" he asked Philip. Then he turned to the Taxi driver. "You? How are you man? What are you going to do?" Last, but certainly not least, he turned to the shopkeeper. "There was a freaking bully fighting with his girlfriend across the street. I tried to help and I got my butt kicked while you were simply threatening my friend and not the guy with the knife!
    Then I find out you have shot my friend for trying to help the taxi driver that momentarily lost control of his taxi or whatever. Look man, I understand it sucks to have your front window smashed, but you shot a man that was no threat and was trying to help! You should not be close to guns. I will talk to my friend and if he wants to press charges, you will go to prison for a long long time! I hope you did call the police or someone did. What you did is inexcusable. Oh, and if you think that murdering me here - I don't put it past you to kill someone in cold blood - keep in mind there are two witnesses and the police is on the way.
    "

The he turns back to Philip. "Do you need help? Should we wait for an ambulance? Or the police? I am of the opinion," he said very clearly and he meant every word, "that I should stay behind with the taxi driver to send that hot-headed moron that thinks hot lead is the answer to some accidental property damage to prison for his crimes... and also I think of telling the police what happened with the thug that we saw attacking his girlfriend after they had a fight.
    To be honest, friend, do you trust this man to not assault the taxi driver if there are no witnesses and then claim to the police this was an attack?
    " Again, Corn sounds very sincere in his conviction that shooting people for accidentally crushing your window is something the police should be informed of.
    Then, Corn leans in and whispers "I can clean your blood from the scene to anyone using it... it will take some convicing, but I think they will be happy to help clean blood from an aggravated assault before the police arrives."

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip was not ok. But he didn`t want any help either, he just wanted to leave. So he shook his head when Corn asked how he was.
    Philip nodded to Corn when he spoke of teaching the guy a lesson and incarcerating him, fury boiling up within him again. He also liked his idea to wash away the evidence of his blood.
    "Please do." he told him softly, replying in the affirmative on all counts – involving the police against the shopkeeper, erasing the evidence, and Corn staying to protect that poor taxi driver. Corn`s question if he trusted the shopkeeper enough not to harm the taxi driver was a good one, and one Philip hadn`t even considered. So after considering it he briefly shook his head, agreeing with Corn that the shopkeeper was completely unhinged, and could not be trusted with anything.
    "But for now I personally just want to get away from here. Go home. Only reason I rushed to the crash scene anyway was to help, as my friend said. If needed heal the taxi driver and make sure everything was ok. I did not expect my own first-aid kit would be needed on myself."
    He said, partially numbed by this whole ordeal, while getting up and picking up his things in order to start going in the direction of his car, sparing that ungrateful shopkeeper one last glance, and giving the taxi driver a thankful smile for his help with the first-aid. He then turned back to Corn.
    "I`ll call you later."
    From my home, to decide what to do next. he finished in his mind, hoping Corn would get the gist.
    After all, fate worked in mysterious ways. It had demanded the taxi driver treat him for a severe injury, instead of him treating the taxi driver as he initially expected.

There was some things he didn`t agree with, though. Sending the shopkeeper to prison seemed to imply making Philip a party to a criminal trial against him and might require him to give his contact details and/or other info to the police while still on the supernal investigation concerning the fate of Mothisa Sudarata. And that was a prospect that certainly was not appealing to him. It might also raise red flags as to how quickly he could heal himself from this as an Awakened, making a potential conviction harder to achieve if the evidence of his injuries were gone. Then again, if Corn could take that risk away somehow, it would be an amazing revenge on the shopkeeper to send him to prison and demand financial compensation. All with the added benefit of being entirely legal and mundane, privided it works. he thought with glee, hoping this was possible and his risks could be mitigated. But that objection was not something to be discussed here. So he left it at that, continuing to go over to his car to drive back home to his place, hopefully without further incident.

I`m assuming the injury does not impair him so much that he cannot drive home himself, seeing as he `only` has -1 to all actions because of his injury and he is not totally incapacitated. Whether he needs to make a driving roll or if he can drive at all in his condition is your discretion of course.

Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread