Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PRP: DYLF: Back to the lounge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

When Philip mentions his car Corn reacts with mild surprise, "It wouldn't be believable to say that my credit card fell in your car, would it?"

When they reach his car, they can be more open.
    "There are no creatures in twilight or others nearby. I believe we can talk more openly here. " he says. Then, after the various exchange of information, in the privacy of his car, he says in a whisper "The woman I saw dancing was 24. Mothisha died 27 years old, but was 24 when she began modeling. The ring is clearly the ghost's anchor and the ghost clearly possesses someone that looks exactly like Mothisha did before she started modeling and losing weight. There are many things we don't know - perhaps the ghost can change the appearance of the host. Perhaps it can recreate the body. Perhaps something else is going on. What we do know though, Reggie, is that the ghost you want to invite in our car can possess people. And I cannot defend against that. I could try to destroy the anchor from a distance if we got her isolated but from experience I am telling you the ghost will react badly. Also, it is not something I can do around people. " hinting it is vulgar magic. "Furthermore, I am not sure especially as you mention other things that the ghost is the start and the end of this problem. And perhaps I could make something out from that corpse you mention or anything you may have from that cremation. Could we revisit that place? "

Then he thinks... "I T B U R ... could be code, could be the initials of something."

While they are still in the safety and semi-privacy of the car, Philip asks for next steps. "Well, I would happy to help bring that guy to justice, if it is a guy and it is not the very lady dancing that is the problem. But it is a problem we need to deal with. What do you think we should do? I am against asking that woman to come in the car, we don't know what she can do. Or what her friends can do. Or what the people behind this can do. But we have to do something.
    I would suggest checking what those initials are and doing some research later on Darrien and the crematory as well as the ... you said his name. The agent that pushed this girl to anorexia.
    Still, it is your investigation. I said my opinion. What do you think we should do?
    "

Could I roll something for the I T B U R ?
    Corn, while in his car feels confident enough to talk mostly-openly, although he avoids very direct mentions of mage-stuff like paths etc. He also keeps his voice down.

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

Philip took in Corn`s words, breathing in an internal sigh of relief he didn`t know he needed when he said they were mostly safe from the Ephemeral where they were, and hearing Corn`s hushed whispering, answered in his own hushed whispers:
    ”Ok. Got it. Yeah don`t want us to deal with something out of our depth. But I do have to emphasize that even getting `Mothisa`s present location was a lucky break I got this evening after searching for a long time. So we must not lose this opportunity to do something now or get some way to track their movements. Although I think I`ve narrowed down where they might be staying to a few places.”
    He said, showing him his research on Misters Darren Greenfield, Ronald Hemmingway, Josh Vize, and their respective locations, homes, safehouses and dossiers he had on them in condensed form. In addition to the crematorium of course that he`d located, before continuing:
    ”Like someplace associated with Darren. And there`s nothing to say he`s not possessed too, since he wore the same ring that`s that spirit`s current anchor.”
    He then turned to think. The crematorium was a whole other problem and probably a pain to get into again. So best to say it as it is.
    ”Second, getting to the basement of the crematorium, where that corpse-entity likely resides, is quite difficult now as far as I know. Especially after the mundane scene I made last time to clear the evidence of my previous visit.”
    He then briefly described his confrontation with Reginald at the end of his visit to the crematorium in front of his fellow crematorium colleagues, and the fire alarm he caused fate to set off. This was to explain to Corn how big this investigation already is and the inherent difficulties of re-visiting the crematorium.
    ”So while nothing`s impossible, it would require significant planning after the last visit, just a few days ago. And then there`s Mr. Vize and the modelling agency, that supposedly contributed to her maltreatment and weight loss.”
    He then turned around.
    ”Anyway, there was one thing we could try, but we could do that at any time probably. And that is, we could investigate the ashes we have at my place to determine whether they`re actually from Mothisa. But regardless, we need to make it so that we can find them again later before we leave this place this evening.”
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"If you have her ashes, then you have intimate connection to her. Can't you use that to find in which locations she will end up at? " Corn pauses a moment. "I realize that this is by no means as easy as I just made it sound. Regardless, you said that this opportunity should not be wasted. What do you suggest we do now? Before we check the ashes which is a very good place to start?"

Philip mentions his car Corn reacts with mild surprise, "It wouldn't be believable to say that my credit card fell in your car, would it?"

When they reach his car, they can be more open.
    "There are no creatures in twilight or others nearby. I believe we can talk more openly here. " he says. Then, after the various exchange of information, in the privacy of his car, he says in a whisper "The woman I saw dancing was 24. Mothisha died 27 years old, but was 24 when she began modeling. The ring is clearly the ghost's anchor and the ghost clearly possesses someone that looks exactly like Mothisha did before she started modeling and losing weight. There are many things we don't know - perhaps the ghost can change the appearance of the host. Perhaps it can recreate the body. Perhaps something else is going on. What we do know though, Reggie, is that the ghost you want to invite in our car can possess people. And I cannot defend against that. I could try to destroy the anchor from a distance if we got her isolated but from experience I am telling you the ghost will react badly. Also, it is not something I can do around people. " hinting it is vulgar magic. "Furthermore, I am not sure especially as you mention other things that the ghost is the start and the end of this problem. And perhaps I could make something out from that corpse you mention or anything you may have from that cremation. Could we revisit that place? "

Then he thinks... "I T B U R ... could be code, could be the initials of something."

While they are still in the safety and semi-privacy of the car, Philip asks for next steps. "Well, I would happy to help bring that guy to justice, if it is a guy and it is not the very lady dancing that is the problem. But it is a problem we need to deal with. What do you think we should do? I am against asking that woman to come in the car, we don't know what she can do. Or what her friends can do. Or what the people behind this can do. But we have to do something.
    I would suggest checking what those initials are and doing some research later on Darrien and the crematory as well as the ... you said his name. The agent that pushed this girl to anorexia.
    Still, it is your investigation. I said my opinion. What do you think we should do?
    "

Could I roll something for the I T B U R ?

spells and effects

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Apologies for the above mis-quote and mistake. My post was supposed to be the 3 lines of talk and the list of spells and items

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip arched a surprised and annoyed eyebrow towards Corn. I suppose for a master, everyone has access to the Space arcanum. But really? But, gotta be diplomatic cause he`s still a master and I need his help. So he suppressed a sneer, although his expression still left an unmistakeable `Really dude?` frown and eyebrow hanging in the air between them before collecting himself and answering normally and honestly.
    ”That is out of my depth for the time being, unfortunately. Hence my long research. But perhaps you could do that?”
    he asked, giving a now this time genuinely curious and questioning look back. After all, that would save Philip a ton of work, if Corn had that capability.
    ”If you can`t, then I`m going back in there and tracking her when she leaves, and if anyone else comes to interact with her who could be a clue. GPS is out of the question. Heh.”
    he said half-jokingly. But there was a kernel of truth to it because inwardly, he was actually disappointed that the situation couldn`t be resolved with a simple GPS track, nevertheless. After all, hacking into her phone or some of the local receivers to follow her location was hopelessly beyond him, too. So he continued:
    ”Anyway, as I said the ashes aren`t going anywhere as far as I know. So you can come by and analyse them whenever you have time to drop by. Doesn`t have to be tonight. Here`s my address and number. Just let me know in advance, please. Anyway, so I`d say we gather as much evidence here as we still can and then call it a night. Although for my part, I plan on staying here until well into the small hours or whenever she leaves. I will not pass this opportunity up, as I said. You said you have a family, after all.”
    he said, giving Corn the address in addition to an invitation to his sanctum at Corn`s convenience. After all, it was already well past 12 at night, and he wanted to make sure Corn was still on board, having a family and all, even with the excuse he`d given them. And Philip was determined to find out as much as he could about Mothisa throughout the night, not caring about his sleep although he was already quite tired and he knew he`d have to drive home. He would not let this opportunity that Fate had given him, pass him by.

He could have given him his business card. After all, everyone in his line of work had business cards. But he didn`t give it to him, instead clumsily writing out his address and phone number on a random blank sheet of paper he had in his wallet with the tiny pen he also always kept in his wallet for just such a case. After all, it would have stated the name `Gregory Prowerson` for Corn all-too-clearly. And he still did not trust the Mystagogue with his identity (despite having just invited him to his Sanctum) because of their, to his mind at least, oppressive Right Exchange protocol.

Per your post in OOC chat ReubanBrightwood, I understand it`s ok with you for me to be posting like this without regard for your marble in the time you indicated. Otherwise I wouldn`t be doing this, needless to say. Just wanted to point this out and make sure everyone is cool with this.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn shakes his head. "You will find out that aside of one specific field I have mentioned my prowess, I am from bad to very bad in everything else. As for my obligations, my wife and child are away for tonight and tomorrow. I am supposed and expected to use this opportunity to catch up on much needed sleep and work around the house. But one of the things I am merely bad in can help with my tiredness and the field I am good at can make repairs and work around the house completely trivial. So yeah, I have time today and tomorrow."
    Philip mentioned he wanted to track the ... how to call someone possessed by a ghost? The Eastern Europeans have different names than the native Americans and the Native Americans of MesoAmerica had different names for it than the... Corn shakes his head. Host was good enough.
    "So, the Host - or we could call her a vessel or even enthralled - is still alive inside that body. You have mentioned allies. I checked for allies in the 'other side'. Do you know what we're dealing with on this side? Bodyguards?

And Reggie, there are two other important thingswe need to address. The first is: Technically at least, Mothesha's reappearance doesn't represent a threat to our society's secrecy. As I said technically. People have been burned for trying to deal with the possessed in the past and using ... eh... what they shouldn't have in front of normal persons. One of us has been slapped with penalties in the near past for treating a host possessed by something as if that person was NOT an ordinary human and thus using a little something that ordinary humans should not see.
    If you want my opinion? That's bull on many levels. At the end of the day, if we have to pull some stunts in order to save the life a 24 years old woman and then ordered to clean the 'company building' for a month so be it. It is the right thing over the wise thing. But if we can save said woman without crossing the law, so much the better.

Now the other, much greater issue with the secrecy thing: You found out. Are we the only ones that found out? I have met Hunters several years before coming to Sacramento and I don't want to relive the experience. So, while tracking, we should be very careful on who else is tracking. This is a dangerous mission, Reggie. But the life of at least a 24-years old girl is on the line. And perhaps more.
    And while technically this doesn't threaten our society's type of secrecy, any kind of such thing is an indirect threat to our secrecy.

With that said, I am ready to follow your lead and to assist. I am coming with you inside. Keep your eyes open and I will too.
    "

12. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Hi both I'm back, thanks for keeping this going while I was away (yes Xisdor you were fine to post past me, good stuff) Corn you can roll to solve an enigma Intelligence +Investigation -3.

Once again I'll hope back in if I am needed or once you are back in the club/ want to move elsewhere so you can keep conversing without needing to break the flow

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

”Certainly helps to have abilities that makes work easier.”
    he said, although inwardly he was torn between being annoyed and amazed and inspired by the fact that the master so readily admitted to using his enlightened will for frivolous house tasks and regaining his energy.
    “Body guards? None I`ve seen for the host. But it`s possible there`s someone from the moving truck company, the modeling agency or the morgue. But I don`t know for sure.”
    He briefly explains and shows the picture with the moving truck and Mr. Darren Greenfield and Finn Ashwell. Then he tells him of his Postcognition experience and the cover- up of her condition at the time of her death by Mr. Josh Vize and his accomplice from the morgue Ronald Hemmingway. He makes sure to formulate this part in an as non-awakened way as possible, regaling it as a tale he`d heard. He stresses that he doesn`t know if any of them would qualify as body guards, but makes a point to stress the connections he found anyway, and that he didn`t see any of them inside, in case one of them turned out to fit the description of a body guard anyway.
    Corn`s info that the thrall still counts as a sleeper was very interesting and deeply troubling. That the ghost, and whatever else was connected to this`s actions didn`t constitute direct trouble for them in awakened circles only made him feel the tiniest bit more at ease.
    ”Good point, I didn`t even consider the fact that the host could still be normal. Thanks for making me aware. Yeah, we should try to stay within the law. Skirting it can lead to dangers down the road, so let`s avoid that whenever possible. But as you say, everything is relative, I can see that. He said that last part knowing Corn knew he was an Acanthus and thus well-versed in prophecy. Although it wasn`t said with any awakened will to back it up, merely wise words he tried to (sometimes) live by. He then continued.
    ” Right. Hunters could be a problem for all we know. The internet comments are technically available for anyone to read, although it should be possible to figure out who did, if we encounter someone. But we need to be on guard. I still want to go back in there now, though. Just gotta be careful I guess and take some extra precautions. We can meet up at my place after we had some rest, say at 4 PM?.”
    Glad my place doesn`t advertise my name anywhere. he thought, as he re-emphasized meeting up after both of them had gotten a decent sleep. After all, his place was just a nondescript apartment number.
    With that said, Philip ended the conversation after waiting for any last info from Corn before going back to the entrance of the Lounge, using the remaining half of his cash to get into the establishment a second time, again without revealing his identity to anyone. This time he just went up to the cashier, getting a ticket in without a fuss or almost any words.

15. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

It's been two days Corn Fedup please post in when you can

Corn remains in his car.

Philip pays to renter the club as just another normal club goer would. Everything perfectly normal and above board. Only everything is not as he left it. Mothisa is not on the dance floor or by the bar. Give me a Perception -2 (Wits+composure-2) roll.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Apologies, lost my post. Here's a quick synopsis of what I had in mind

Before Philip went outside, Corn gave a somewhat lengthy reply to something Philip said: he didn't 100% agree that a possessed sleeper still counts as a sleeper; the previous council of Sacramento ruled so in one case. He also thanked Philip for the info and let him know without saying it directly that he considered they have exchanged information mostly equally. He also agreed to meet with Philip but later than 4pm.
    He also let Philip know, more or less, that he will change his clothes and he will meet him inside.

As Philip left the car, Corn concentrated for a moment. As his enlightened will took effect, Corn's clothes changed from casual 'pick up your sister out of the bar' clothes to better cut clothes for a night out.
    ParAdoX failure

5 successes

He took a moment on the mirror to change his hair a bit, and followed Philip in. He was not happy to have to pay again but so be it. Meanwhite the letters that entity - probably the ghost or a ghost wrote were milling around in his mind.
    Enigma 1S

Corn takes a moment to spot Philip and notice that the possessed human is not at the bar or the stage. Corn notifies Philip that he is there with a nod and looks for the death resonance that would help him find the possessed person.
    Percept 2S

spells and effects

18. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread