Watch

Mysterium meeting VII faces old and new

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Surprise paints Corn's expression. "You were a Ladder? You are a Factorum?! That is good. I am very glad we have a fancy lawyer even if she thinks she is not needed. " Then, Aurora expresses the reasons of his skepticism and reluctance well. Why is everyone so much better in saying what I want to say than I am?
    he wonders for not the first time.
    He nods to Aurora's words. "Exactly. The reason I am reluctant is indeed because I do not understand the ins and outs of the Lex well. And indeed, I have not studied the Lex. Indeed, not only the Ladder can study the Lex, but they have the most people that deal with those things. We are lucky to have someone that had studied the Lex to the depth a Factorum does in our small Order here. You say that a fancy lawyer is not needed. But you have studied the Lex and you have better understanding of the Lex than we do. It is not above my pride to say that I don't feel up to the task and the fact that you are qualified is very important to me.
    You keep your accomplishments under wraps Aurora. A scholar of the Lex is a good thing to have when discussing Charters, councilors and Hierarchs.
    "

Then he turns to Chambers "the good thing about being an academic of this order is that we can pick and choose where we want to put our time. I can't say that a deep education in the Lex, enough to write a Charter that will serve the community for years, is what I want to spend my energy on. " Especially when Aurora already has us covered.

He nods when Chambers suggests that diligence is needed for any endeavor to not fail.

"To return to the matter at hand, are we all onboard with the rule of three for the consilium?"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Yes Chambers, with the Ladders it is almost drilled into us, something we have to understand inside and out. Now, I’m not saying I do, at least, not as much anymore, but I have a good grasp.” Maybe she just lacked the confidence in the past to really speak out about it. “If it’s something you guys want to study more, I’m sure we can work something out. I can’t give out the tricks and whatnot from the Ladder, but maybe I can guide us to an easy way to learn.” Cause even though she was not a Ladder anymore, she still respected them enough to keep their secrets. Shaking her head, “I wouldn’t call it an expertise, I left them because I was tired of the political world, I just don’t have it in me to argue and fight with people anymore.” But she’d help if she could.

“You’re right, those things are needed. But I can’t bring them to the table anymore, I just don’t have it in me. The constant years of fighting to protect the Charter and order has me just empty. I’ve learned you cannot fix stupid, but it will find a way to upend everything.” And she wasn’t dealing with it anymore.

Nodding to Corn, “For many years, more then I care to admit. And yes, I am a Factorum, though I’ve never been called to act as one.” But she was technically one. “And I am not a fancy lawyer.” She just had a title.

“That is where a lot of confusion and push back comes from is people lack the basic knowledge about it. It’s not really user friendly unless you’ve studied it. And that, in my opinion, is a flaw in the system. Look at it this way Corn, the Mysterium has Occult, but we didn’t get there from simply joining the Order, we each had to put in the time and effort to learn and grow our understanding. It’s the same way with the Lex, the information is there, you just need to want to learn it.” Then a sigh, “It is only good if I care to step in as such. I’m tired of politics Corn, I’m tired of fighting over them and I’m tired of dealing with people who would rather watch our structures burn. In layman’s terms, my give a shit about the drama in politics and all that is at zero.”

4. Likes , liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

A nod to Corn. ''We can pick and choose yes, yet are encouraged to take each opportunity that presents itself are we not?'' Limiting the Sophiad is poor practice. ''And it seems to me that quite the opportunity presents itself now.'' It might mean a lot of hard work but that should be no deterrent. ''A chance to understand our history, our laws, our governance. To safe guard that knowledge and protect it from harm and misuse.'' For as all knowledge, such things fall into our purview.

He inclines his head to Aurora, a momentary show of respect. ''Aurora I would be quiet indebted if you would teach me what you are able.'' Not speaking for Corn. I cannot help but feel it will be needed in the tasks ahead. ''The years can be draining I am not as young as I once was.'' Although hardly an old man. ''But I am fresh to this struggle at least and willing to do what I can do rebuild and solidify the Consilium.'' Looking to the Sharman. ''Forgive me, I know you don't seek praise, but you are clearly wise and learned. In addition to your tutelage I have a second request.'' A moment to work on phrasing in his head. ''There is no obligation for you to step back in a arena you have no fight for, but would you be willing to act as a sounding for me, a chance to vet ideas and work out problems ahead of time?'' Because I certainly do not have all the answers. ''The better for me to act wisely as I procced.'' And in doing so hopefully alleviate flaws or weak spots as I go and save us all time.
    Health
    Mana

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I completely understand why you are tired of politics and you want to avoid that drama of politics, Aurora . I also prefer to stay out of it. Thus, I think we are better off without a charter because it means politics drama. I think we need a leader, and I said my piece about it, but path councilors with the rule of three sounds a feasible compromise that will not be hard to pass." Corn said with a nod to Aurora.

He doesn't make a comment nor gives any sign that he wants to learn more about the Lex when Chambers asks Aurora's help. Languages I could get into, but Chambers learning more about the Lex is a higher priority, he thinks. When Chambers asks for a sounding board, Corn does speak up.
    "I am not an expert on the Lex but I would also be willing to discuss your ideas with you, Chambers. I cannot give you advice on the legal aspects of such ideas but I could provide another pair of ears and a sincere opinion of how your ideas sound to me."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “You wouldn’t be indebted, but I’m willing to teach you what I can.” At least he seemed to be level headed about the topic. Her knee jerk reaction to walk out as the topic came up had been triggered, but his calmness and willingness to learn stopped her. “I would love to see the Consilium rebuild and come together. But you have to forgive me for having reservations considering how it’s gone in the past.” It was hard to picture and experience adult conversations about the Lex.

“Of course, always willing to help. I will say, it has been different, but refreshing to hear an adult and calm conversation about the matter.”

Looking to Corn, “Politics cannot be avoided when it comes to making the Consilium safe and cohesive. If you want a leader, you have to step into the world of the Charter and the Lex. You cannot really have one without the other. I want to avoid the drama because I’ve been pushed to a point I don’t want to be at. If people can be adults about it, it can be a very enlighting conversation. But when you add people who just want to refuse anything simply to refuse and be jerks, and those who hide in a corner because of the drama, we, as a whole, lose. I won’t hide in a corner, if it comes to it and we need logic, I will step up.” She was not someone to hide. But she felt Corn was. “If you want to sit in a corner and avoid it, go for it, but know it is going to come up at some point. And you either help or you become an ostrich and stick your head in the sand.” The choice was his. "And don't be surprised when people dismiss your opinions on it."

9. Likes , liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Right exchange and mentorship go without saying I'm sure. ''In that case Aurora I look forward to learning from you.'' Which will mean the task begins in earnest, not just the small quality of life changes. ''I won't promise a functioning Consilium over night or even several months. But I will use what you teach me to work for it until the task is done, or I am no longer able to work towards it.'' Best not tempt fate to leave a ghost should I pass. He smiles, warmly. ''And for that I thank you, again.'' Having a safety net was a huge relief, catching stumbles before they could do harm would lily save a great deal of time overall. ''If mages the world over have managed for millennia to have these very conversations then I have to believe it is possible for us and the acknowledged of the Consilium to do so.' Seems like Sacramento has been an interesting outlier in that regard.

Given you oppose a charter I think I know your opinions already. ''Anything I plan to bring forward to the Consilium as a whole I do plan to bring here first. If I can't convince my order after all, what chance do I have of the wider Consilium.'' That will give you a chance to say your piece. His attempt at a tactful refusal.

She still seems fairly passionate for all this despite having stepped back. ''True. To appoint leadership we need a charter, we need laws and systems otherwise it might as well be as Winter put it the law of the jungle. Or subject to the tyrannical rule of whoever. The systems help sure the wisest hold power. They stop us becoming more like the Seers, just enforcing our personal paradigms on the fallen world.'' Just and fair rule keeps us humble, gives us a guide when we can't put aside ego or grudges obscure wisdom.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn was nodding his agreement to what Aurora was saying till her last part where he was taken by surprise.
    Where did that come from? He wondered.

"I agree that politics is needed, especially when it comes to help guiding the consilium. Like you, I am not opposed to politics. I said I want to avoid the politics of politics. " he says in a level tone, painted somewhat by surprise. "I have not sat in the corner Aurora nor I plan to now. I was a councilor and at that time I suggested changes to the punishment and they were shot down. I suggested to appoint a herald to deal with the apostates - the Sancta Trinitas, Crypto etc- and it was down. I suggested to re-appoint sentinels and it was shot down. And every time, there were snide remarks about me and my character. I am not trying to restart those discussions, but it is false to say that I have been sitting on the sidelines. You may say I am not good in politics, since I didn't manage to pass anything, but I was not staying in the sidelines even when it would be easier to." Corn says those in a calm, even voice, not confrontational. He is simply stating the facts to defend his record and character, not trying to escalate.
    "I am participating and contributing in this discussion we are having about leadership and I would follow the line in the official Consilium. "

Chambers says his piece and Corn takes a moment to think. Then he nods.
    "You are right there. Leadership without a system of laws is Tyranny. So, do both of you think that the Lex is not enough for us to be called a Consilium and that we need a charter in order to have official positions? Is this what we decide?"

12. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“We can setup a time to meet and discuss it if you want. Either here or at my Sanctum, up to you.” She trusted Chambers to know where she lived. “I know nothing is going to pop up overnight, if anything is put into place, it’s going to take time and a lot of conversations. And some of those won’t be fun ones.” It was just the nature of the beast. “I’ve had civil conversations about politics before, so I know it’s possible, and I think we have some level leaded mages in the city. I’m just speaking from my past and it’s going to take me some time to not be on guard for them.” Because she expects politic talk to go to hell, it’s how it’s been before.

To Corn, “Stating you believe we are better off without a Charter because it avoids the drama of politics tells me you will say whatever to smooth things over. And avoid the tough and difficult conversations when they happen, which does no one any good.” And then he talks about changes, “I don’t remember what changes you had suggested, but I think I do remember the rogue Cabal, and they were not our problem if they did not join us at the Circle, they were afforded no rights. I’m glad you’re not trying to restart them, because I don’t remember half of them. There was a lot of shit tossed around with plenty of drama attached. And I don’t think we have the time to dig into the whole thing.” And she wasn’t about to. “What I said was that if you wanted to sit in a corner, not that you were. So be careful there.” She hated when people say she said one thing when she in fact, didn’t. “Nothing was passed because changing things in the Charter requires everyone, or a majority, to be on board. We also had mages who would shoot down everything to simply shoot it down.” Times might be changing.

“One question I have, we are discussing leadership for the Consilium, but not about leadership within our Order.”

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Sensing this had the potential to become exactly what he hoped to avoid it felt like a moment of calm was required. ''Who did what and when is all well and good but of little help to us now.'' He looks between each mage the warm, gentle smile never faltering. ''What truly matters is how we build ourselves and the Consilium moving forward.'' Trying to refocus the conversation on the matter at hand and away from peoples records. ''The task is significant and very challenging, but a unique opportunity to rebuild things having improved on ...'' He nods to Aurora. ''Charters of the past and.'' Nodding to Corn. ''A time to discuss the changes and implementations we think are necessary.'' Both do have something to contribute I must remember them and not be so dismissive. ''In the spirit of what is best for the Consilium not the self, and in that understanding compromise and having hard discussions.'' Okay getting a little long winded here. ''Today alone we have reached agreement on a who we would support as a central figure if that is the will of the Consilium that one should be appointed.'' A good first step. ''We have have reached agreement regarding how we think councillors should be appointed, which would also give us a good bench mark for when to start appointing them.'' Rule of three and all. ''Once again if it is the will of the Consilium.'' And most importantly. ''And we either agree, or are coming round on the idea of a charter to layout these appointments to positions which gives us a start on what would be included in such.'' None of which we started out agreeing on so reiterating our progress will show my point I hope. ''And I thank you both for the time taken to talk this out.'' It was very much appreciated.

''Thank you Aurora I'm self employed so I can make just about anytime work.'' A few lectures might get in the way but it would be manageable. ''As for where I very much appreciate the invite, but where do you think would be best?'' No sense lugging whatever books or resources around that will be needed. I must admit it would be novel to visit someone else sanctum, I do seem to do a lot of hosting.

Now that, that however would be a bigger problem. ''When it comes to leadership we face a few hurdles. Firstly we do not meet requirement number to count as a Caucus, more just the local representatives. Secondly Each of us have only completed the Arche and are not inducted into many of the orders secrets. And only hold the title of Neokoros'' I assume not knowing said secrets. ''We have no curator.'' As none of us qualify. ''We have no copy of the Corpus Mysteriorum, mundane or grimoire.'' The list goes on. ''We have no Mithraeum in which to conduct mystery initiation rituals. Nor the hallow which some require.'' In short we in no uncertain terms one of the least equipped or prepared order branches in the world. Probabaly. ''Until these hurdles can be over come leadership will be tricky.'' A task he actually found far more daunting then the charter to tell the truth. Now looking between them to see if they had solutions.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Aurora 's statement about the hard conversations, he answers simply "You know I didn't avoid the tough and difficult conversations in the Consilium, Aurora and I don't plan to do so in the future. " Then she clarifies what she meant "Ah, I misunderstood what you said. My apologies, I didn't catch that." Corn replies with a nod turning his attention to the rest of the conversation, considering the subject with the miscommunication closed.
    Chambers gives a synopsis of the discussion to which Corn nods his agreement and then simply adds "On the matter of the Charter, we also agree that the Mysterium as an order thinks we need a charter. Not what exactly would be in that charter - but that a charter is needded. I may not be completely on board, personally, but I will support the decision of the Order to the best of my abilities - which unfortunately history shows is not that great. " He looks at Aurora again "I may need some pointers to avoid some pitfalls."

On the matter of leadership of the order, Aurora's question is met with a list of hurdles and shortcomings of the Sacramento Mysterium by Chambers. Corn adds his two cents.
    "We are not enough to be a Caucus, we have no Mithraeum or the other trappings of our order, but we are still a gathering of Mystagogues. Among us, Aurora commands the most respected in the order in general. So, I think that makes you our leader by default, Aurora. Not a Hierophant, but you outrank us both in the eyes of the order. So, unofficial leader perhaps. Chambers, ] I think Aurora could have been recognized as a Curator ] , if she so wished. " he said simply.
    To Aurora, to avoid misunderstandings, he clarified.
    "This is not me cheerleading or trying to push you in the front or anything. You are the most recognized Mystagogue we have at the time. "

17. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread