DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The heavy reinforced door shows signs of recent work done as Chambers had fitted a new lock to the door, filling in the hole left by the one removed until it was just as an effective deterrent against entry and eavesdropping as the former had been.

Inside so far only the Octagonal room that first greets members of the Alae Draconis has been refurnished and made fit for habitation or use, the rest of the wing would be made ready in time. Little light filtered through the covered windows and the stone alter sat dominating the centre of the room, empty however, no ornate book graced its surface. Lanterns purchased from various antique stores had been lit to help spread the candle light within more evenly and reduce risk of exposed flames. They sat or hung around the room giving ethereal vibes to the space, and the weight of revered silence.

The window seats had been furnished with bench cushions, while not the height of comfort definitely preferable to the cold stone underneath, unless you enjoyed such hardships. In one such seat Chambers sits, back into the shadows of the arched window. Swaddled in his Blue robes he waits contemplating in the gloom for his fellows to arrive.

Corn Fedup
    Aurora Orianna
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn arrives holding cinnamon cookies and the USB stick with the books and manuscripts about the celestial planes. A trove of information. He is dressed in his own robes, and breaks a smile when he sees Chambers in robes too. "Greetings! You look great. Oh, I am so glad the tradition to show up in robes is kept! I was considering it would be gone. Did Aurora inform you?" Letting down the cookies and the USB, he offers a handshake (the initiate handshake) to Chambers.
    "Is there a procedure for you to know it is really me and not someone dominating me or someone made to look like me and all? Feel free to scrutinize me. Check my pattern and all." he says with a smile, not very concerned of what Chambers would find.

"I see you or the ones after I left have changed a few things... " he says looking around. "I will need help to move the metallurgical workshop back in. I bring with me the library we have secured with Belle, another Mystagogue and mastigos. It is in the USB stick, so we will need a computer here - one without access to the internet in my opinion. I used to have one here. Was it moved? " he says looking around.
    "If you are the censor -we used to have one- I can tell you what not-for-circulation things we had secured and how to find them, unless Zeromancer, the censor I am talking about, told you beforehand. He was not rude or unfriendly and he was good with ghosts, the best we had in fact and helped me bring in an object from twilight." Corn moves in and says in a conspiratory gossip-volume. "I am pretty sure Zero had a thing for Aurora. Couldn't say for sure if she returned the affection. Nothing unprofessional in the way they behaved. If you wanted unprofessional-but-benign, we did have a couple of people that were wild. Guru was a Shaman that was for a time my apprentice in matter. He was the one to start the tradition of bringing snacks to the sanctuary meetings. He and Crystal were not above using controlled substances - drugs. Crystal, a mastigos, said once that this was his inspiration. Neither caused any issues, we liked them both. All of us.
    The Mysterium of Sacramento was funny, loud, and there was camaderie. We were closer to a fraternity than a stiff academic institution of will-workers and there were no academic rivalries despite our successes or not-successes.
    We turned the acquisition of the information of this USB to a road-trip - they were with me for protection but we found no issues. We had parties where I showed my awesome dance moves and expeditions to find the best hot chocolate parlor. I can take you there but for the right Guanxi." he said with a wink. "Aurora may be easier to convince for that. She loved that place we found.

It was not all fun and games though. We did good work. Some things were secured, a cursed item locked away. Guru found and secured that. Honestly, taking that out of circulation was the best thing we could do. I mentioned that we brought back something from twilight with Zeromancer- the reason we were there was because the cemetary had an ancient ghost that was, get this, eating other ghosts. Mauling them and dismantling them for essence. We took him down with Zero after breaking his anchor. He gave Zero a good beating, and I got some hits too, but the Censor was the main one fighting it. I think I was the one to identify the anchor but Zeromancer was the one that broke it. With Belle and Aurora, we followed some strings given to us by an apostate information broker - Crypto. We located and secured an artifact of great power. A cabal of apostates wanted it for themselves and I don't blame them - it is a powerful item that I cannot tell you more about, without permission from a censor. Information about this artifact is absolutely confidential. Even that we found it is kept secret within the order. To study it, you will need permission from the censor. Only that cabal of weirdos knows about its existence. And they know about the circle too.
    Which is the reason, the real reason that I am worried about an awakened walking in here. There is a cabal that knows we have something they coveted. It is very well hidden and I don't think they would be daring enough to try.

But enough of the fear-mongering! With that, I think I got you up to speed. Not everything was covered but I think you get the idea. It was honestly, a good time for the Mysterium. We were by far the biggest order and we were close and doing good work. I really missed it.
    " Corn said with a smile. "I am back and I brought back the things I had secured. I don't mind changes and I would like to know what is in the agenda for today's meeting."

Corn looks around the Athenaum again with a fond smile. "Have you guys moved the Grimoire? And what happened to the terrarium with magic grubs? Those were from before my time. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It had been some time since she had been in the Mysterium wing of the Circle. Over a year, and walking through the door brought back memories and old feelings.

Friends that had moved on, feelings she had never shared, and the feelings of belonging.

What she was not ready for was how empty the room felt. Items that had been acquired were gone, and the room just felt...different. Not that different was bad, it brought change, and change was good. But it would take some time to get used to.

Looked like the robe thing was still, well, a thing. Though it had never been for her. She walks in wearing white flowing dress pants, a fitted top and a white suit jacket.

If she heard the word vomit of Corn, she didn’t say or acknowledge it.

Looking to Chambers, “Hi Chambers,” then looks to Corn, “Corn.” pausing, she looks around again, "It feels empty."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers offers a smile and a hand to his chest placing the little finger by the sternum,. ''Dadouchos Corn good to see you.'' Once everyone is here we should probably do proper introductions.

He rises from his the window alcove a mark of respect for his fellow, and then listens patiently and with conversational interest as Corn more or les divulges what seems to be the recent history of the order in Sacramento. Disregarding the gossip about love lives, noting the threat of vengeful apostates, and working up a healthy dose of regret that might not be entirely deserved.

As Corn wraps up he greets the other mage to have joined them in the interim. ''Acquisitor Aurora welcome, welcome.'' And that makes three. He sits back into the darker recess of the window seat. ''Thank you for the summary Corn, it answered many questions, filled in some much needed details.'' And yet left the largest unanswered.

Best do things in good order. ''As for Proper introductions, the things that should go unsaid around mages not our own.'' Am I right to chastise them for such? ''I am Chambers, Moros of the Alae Draconis. I am not unknown among our fellows and some attribute to me the title of Dadouchos Yet have only progressed so far as completion of the mystery of the Arche so do not take the title myself. I do not currently hold the role of censor nor any other rank or faction within the order.'' There that should address everything.

Arms go open a little to hold the lantern lit room within there indication. ''You have many questions regarding what was, so do I. When I arrived in the city last July no other of order had been present for some time. Further more the lock had been physically removed from the door of our order wing and anything that once was is gone.'' No computer, no grimoire, no cursed item, no twilight items or tass producing grubs. ''It is what we get for leaving a storehouse of knowledge unguarded and without defences.'' I arrived to late to do anything about it so why do I feel blame for this? ''I have slowly begun to make the space useable again, but Many rooms remain in need of repair, furnishing and all the rest.'' A large part of what I hope to cover today. '

The pause is just to allow him to order his thoughts. 'Beyond this I have made regular excursions trough and across the city in hopes of finding signs of the supernal or supernatural. So far I have not been successful. With no other order member to work alongside I have dedicated more of my efforts to progression of the duties given me by my legacy. As I could work just as effectively from my own sanctum as I could here, and trust my space more.'' Am I coming across to formal, I mean this isn't a social event.

Otherwise he braces for what he suspects will be a barrage of questions maybe even accusations.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

As Chambers was formal, Corn will use some Mysterium terms, which I will have hover-over tips to explain as Reuben kindly explained how to do.

Corn smiled warmly and greeted Aurora with a wave before making a formal introduction to Chambers , including all the right formal gestures.
    "Daduchos Corn, Savant of the Mysterium, focusing my studies on the Exoterics of Geology, chemistry and to a degree, metallurgy, combining it with esotology, namely superstitions.
    I am also at the completion of the Arche, but that is all that is required to be a dadouchos so I use the title myself.
    "

Then Chambers says some words the Corn's brain refuses to accept, at first. As the other moros reaches the unguarded safehouse, the words sink in. Corn becomes pale.
    Shit, shit, shit!!!
    The realization of the loss comes in waves. Corn goes through the stages of grief, apparently, starting with denial.
    "Wait, wait... the grubs? the grimoire?" Campanela left us those along with his best wishes for the order. "The cursed items? " People bled for them. "the Pickaxe from when we sent McNally's ghost to the underworld?" I have bled for that!
    And of course the one he didn't even want to consider... but he had to. The enormity of the loss has the usually calm and cheerful mage flexing and unflexing his hands, biting his lips.
    "Roxie's Choker?! An artifact that could peel the veil from the eyes of a sleeper granting her the ability to witness our world beyond the Lie without provoking disbelief, effectively turning her to a sleepwalker with a kiss on top of holding major mana reserves and giving the ability to speak and interact with ghosts? An artifact more powerful than anything we have seen in a century?! "
    Unable to constrain himself properly Corn walks up and down, whipping his head from side to side as he tries to bring himself back to control.
    Corn has some minor mental issues that very rarely manifest once he hit adolescence. This is one of those rare times.
    As a note, in the past, the ST told us to roll intelligence + Occult -3 to know the legends about Roxie's Choker. I have linked one of the posts that say what we found out. You may roll if you want, but with the artifact gone I am not sure it matters.

He takes a deep breath and turns to Aurora. "Acquisitor, you fought for Roxie's Choker too against that madman from the Sancta Trinitas. The acquisition of this artifact was perhaps our crowning achievement. Do you know if Belle or Zero took it with them when they left? Zero knew that I have hid it in a secret compartment under the safe. It is reasonable to think that our censor simply took it to a different city when Sacramento's Alae Draconis population was diminishing. Yes, that makes sense. Roxie's chocker may not be in our hands but it is safe somewhere else. "
    Apparently, Corn is now at the bargaining state of grief - and for all everyone knows he may be correct.

The rest of what Chambers says after that passes mostly unnoticed by him. Corn plops himself back to the chair, rubbing his temples. Most of what we have accomplished since rebuilding the order, gone.
    It was a hard pill to swallow even if everything was safe - elsewhere. And that was an if. As Chambers explains his futile attempts, Corn shakes his head.
    "I have tried to do the same, either alone or with Crystal, and in most cases found nothing except once that I found a fortune teller with some bona-fide powers. On the other hand, Zero had some luck. " That Corn said just a few soulless words about these, instead of an excitable lengthy exposition should hint everyone that he is, at the time, a defeated man.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, so they were going to go that route. Formalities was never her thing, but she decides to play along. Maybe they’ll drop it after all this peacocking.

“Oh, sure, let see, Aurora of the Thrysus, Master of Life and Spirit. I have earned Daduchos, but am closer to progressing past that currently as well as Mysteriorium Arche, having achieved that status overseas.” But she couldn’t think if anything else to add, having not really gone over much puffering before.

“Unless we can take a look at the past of the area, I don’t know how much we’ll be able to figure out. But as far as furnishings, I can provide some if needed.” She did have space filled with repurposed furniture after all. “I might not seem it, but I’m pissed our stuff was taken, but I’m not going to dwell on it, I prefer to look to the future and not the past.” It was done, nothing they could do about it now.

“I also prefer to work in my Sanctum and personal Library. But my studies are on ancient languages that can be used in the field to acquire Tomes and what not for the Mysterium.”

A nod to Corn, “I remember what I did for the artifact.” She was there, she carried those injuries for a while. “As to the two you speak of, I have no idea. If he took things with him,” a shrug, “I don’t know.”

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A slight frown. The title of Dadouchos is implying completion of the mystery of the amimia, to make claim of the title before is ... proud to say the least. Still their choice. ''If the discussion is of the Sophiad then allow me to reciprocate in kind.'' Pause to consider. ''My Soriology sphere is Thaumatology. The spells my legacy focuses on have some rather unusual effects I wish to understand better. My studies of Esotology lean heavily into areas of occultism with a specific focus on gematria. And of course my esoteric studies are largely based in understanding and unravelling philosophical ideas and concepts.'' He leaves the whole sales pitch of taking every opportunity and not being held down by the fields of the Sophiad unsaid. We all have a mystery under our belts I doubt they need that.

Then pausing to allow Corn to well mourn. Once he has wound himself down into what looks to be a rather broken state, Chambers answers addressing them both. ''The truth of the matter is beyond my capability to reach. I have fitted a new lock and have the only key.'' Who gets to keep that will an interesting discussion. ''It is entirely possible that members of the order took or came to reclaim things without staying. Regardless it puts what was here beyond our grasp for the time being.'' He is effecting a calm composed state a little to strongly, the list of what had been lost, what it could do does seem to have had an effect on him as well. How could this have ben allowed to happen.

Roxie's Choker lore 4 successes

At mention of the artefact his eyes do widen with recognition, a brief break in the clam. We had that, and now we don't, that could tear down the veil if not monitored very carefully.

A moment to gather then he focus the bulk of attention on Aurora as she has the best response between reason and despair. ''Yes in this regard the future must be our main concern'' That sounds so odd coming from me, always so focused on the past. ''A big part of what I hoped we could settle today is how we want to move forward as an order, goals, objectives, leadership and how we want to use and secure the space we have.'' I guess keep listening to rumours and see if any knew mediums suddenly pop up in town is all we can do for the rest of it at the moment.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn nods in agreement with Aurora . Focus on the future, what is gone is gone.

"I will make copies for us," he says to Chambers not catching that the other moros may not want to share.
    Taking another moment to push the bleak thoughts out, he grabs one of the cinnamon rolls he brought.

"At the time, we are all at the same level in the order and few enough to go by consensus." He says, still not completely in the discussion and thus uncharacteristically short-worded - but slowly getting there.
    "As a goal, I have not have a target in mind. As a short-term objective, Perhaps we could start by spending a little time each, looking for signs of the supernatural in our areas - I will be checking the university with care. Or we could get more familiar with the esoteric books in the USB. Aurora, some of the older manuscripts are in Aramaic and some in Arabic. There are translations but perhaps you can inform us of nuisances lost in the translation. As a personal longer-term objective, I was trying to make thaumium, but to do that, I need someone that is willing and able to send metal in and out of Twilight several times to achieve purity. I am only an initiate of death. "
    He looks at where the safe was. "Of course, the reason I wanted to make Thaumium in the first place, to create a magic-resistant small safe for Roxie's Locker is gone. But still, we could keep the Thaumium in reserve and use when as needed."

He sighs and looks towards Aurora and Chambers, attentive to their words again. As Aurora said all they could do was move forward. A wise woman.

13. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She guess she needs to mention her own Soriology, though it had never really been discussed before. “My own studies have only recently taken shape, and I am studying Sidereology, a nice fit with being a Master of Spirit. Though Teratology has caught my eye here and there and I might give it a go.” She wasn’t sure why it was important to know, but, there it was.

“Then we will rebuild.”
    Plain and simple.

To Corn, “I’m currently in the process of learning a new language and studying some manuscripts I’ve come across in my travels. But if you find something worth looking into, I will read it.”

“While I can do a few things with Twilight, it’s not my main specialty. And I know working with the Gauntlet comes with its own toll on me. So you’ll be asking a lot of someone to do something several times.” Was it worth it? Only the mage who could do it would know.

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The motion is slow, maybe even begrudging. These are two mages who left The Athenaeum to its fate once already. But a hand does reach into his robes and pull forth an old chunky metal key, which he holds out for Corn to take. ''We might all be but by the sounds of it each of us is in turn close if not ready to pursue the Mysteriorum Anima.'' Anyone caught referring to themselves as Dadouchos without would be in or a world of trouble anyway. ''I for one fully intended to take a trip back to places that trained me in the orders ways and seek out such.'' Confident in his success in this pursuit. ''The only reason I have not gone as yet is I did want to leave the Athenaeum unguarded again.'' Even empty as it is.

Listening to what he just realises must be a mage close to the fabled advancement of arch mastery explain how she has come so far without a defined Sophiad. Is there some secret to that, not narrowing your vision as much I do, keeping yourself open to all experiences? ''Yes, without an order large enough it appears best we each pursue our own studies, offering aid where possible.'' Looking to Corn. ''I am still only apprentice of death myself but furthering my knowledge of the arcana is pivotal to my own goals.'' Pause. ''While I will of course continue my searches and expeditions around the city my long term goals is to conjure the ghosts of Atlantean mages through time that I might learn directly from them directly.'' And many obstacles stand in my way. ''Once I make progress and become a disciple I should be able to create a gate that can be reused continuously until it's duration expires, that should more then meet your needs.'' And something I want to be able to do regardless.

Then to Aurora. ''Do you have regular access to the astral? If not we certainly could look into the depths below for signs of a hallow to nature until it grows strong enough for such use.'' We will need one for order rituals regardless. ''That and we have need of securing a few other order specific things such as mundane and grimoire copies of the Mysterium corpus.'' That I have no idea how to go about acquiring.
    Health
    Mana

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread