(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Once Jacque had been seated, she seats herself, ready for the meeting to begin.

There were nods here and there as he spoke, truths in everything he said. “Well said Judex, and I agree completely.” The Invictus was a long standing part of Sacramento, and it would not be moved and it would not be undermined.

“Thank you,” a nod of her head, “I have a few things to share. As you both are aware, I have successfully opened my restaurant, and it is thriving. My long-term goal is to make a safe place for Kindred to gather, and have been slowly working on that.” Security was difficult to get right, and she hoped they understood that. “I have also been cultivating my Allies and Contacts within the art community, building my own personal collection and securing the contacts for the Invictus.” It had been a focus for her. “I would also like to formally announce my Bloodline to the Invictus, and the Invictus only. I am of the Annunaku, and have been working for a couple years to secure the borders of Sacramento. Now that I feel I have, I want to share it with you both.” She knew they would understand the need for secrecy. It had been a tireless effort, and one she hoped would wouldn’t go unnoticed.

“I would also like to put forth my desire to take on another Title of Function, Librettist.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly, indicating that she was actively listening to first the Lord Jack, Judex, as he speaks. His words inspire curiosity. Jennifer had hopes for one thing this night. Another slight nod to the Lady Prince. There was surprise at her words, which Jennifer took a minute to digest what was said. Jennifer gave a meaningful look to the Lady Prince, one intended to convey support.
    Jennifer then answered the Judex on her own part.
    “My main task in these past nights has been devoted to my role as Notary. I have focused on my Blood and become stronger. I have researched and attained the Blood Oaths of the Bloody Hand and the Oath of Blood Focus.”

Jennifer paused here. She was quite proud of this achievement.
    Her face was composed, not betraying her thoughts. This was a meeting of the highest-ranking Kindred of Society. Her pride demanded that she not act in a manner that would declare her a breather by those present.
    “In continuing my study of my Blood, I have attained a higher understanding of my Family’s Gift of Nightmare. I now possess mastery of the Blood Gift. This means that I have the potential to shatter a subject’s mind and the ability to use the Gift to inspire fear as a weapon itself.”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack listens and addresses each in turn:

He nodded along with each update the Prince gave. Some he knew, some he did not but were unsurprising. It was all very prudent and he'd expect nothing less. But then her words piqued his interest, "An Invictus Prince commanding her territory as only a Landlord can." His words were selected carefully to show he knew more than the average Kindred about the bloodline. "Congratulations on such a momentous accomplishment." It was a great boon to the First Estate.

Her request had not gone unnoticed in his praise. The moment the title crossed her lips, his thoughts were transported back to the last time it was requested... and the woman who it was granted to.

"It is no secret that you've had an appreciation for the arts that certainly predates my tenure in Sacramento and your influence continues to grow as you foster Allies and contacts in the community," his wrist flicks gently to the side as he continues, "Your success with Vino Veritas..." along with the long standing direction of formal courts "...also speaks positively for your ability to meet the expectations for the entertainment responsibilities of a Librettist." He hums in thought for a moment before responding, "Your claim to the title is with merit, however, I am unable to test your ability to meet one of its most important qualifications tonight."

"I will contact you within the next 30 days after I have prepared the trial. If you exceed the expectations, the title is yours."

After hearing the Seneschal speak, he nodded in appreciation of her updates as well and addresses the room.

"I have long believed the Oaths are the most powerful tools at the disposal of the Unconquered. With this truth, we must view our Notaries as quartermasters for these devices of order and stability." His gaze returns to Hazelton, "With your mastery of those oaths, am I correct in believing you have all Oaths of Performance and all of the Mutual Oaths at your disposal?" A trick question? Perhaps... but easy enough to avoid.

"You have cemented your place as the head of your family," if there was ever a doubt prior. The power she described was certainly something to respect of haunts.

After each had their turn and responses, he shared his own accomplishments.

"I have spent a great deal of time these past years combating subterfuge. You are both familiar with my ability to impose the veridical tongue upon others. I have used that knowledge to expand my expertise on the Oaths of Avoidance. With this expertise, instantaneous consequences can be applied to the standard Blood Tell Oath. These consequences come in the variety of crystallizing the oathbreaker's vitae into shards that burst out from the body..." he paused for a few moments to let the image sink in, "And for the most important and serious of Oaths, the vitae can betray the Kindred by turning to fire."

"I believe with this mastery I have accomplished the goal I set for myself when I joined the First Estate."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listened quietly as Jenn talked about her own achievements. It sounded like she had dedicated a good amount of her time to her Oaths, a worthy task.

But to hear her say she had mastered her Families Gift, Ale had to wonder why she hadn’t mastered it sooner. Though she guessed it was a matter of prioritizing what she felt was most important. And maybe it was her studies for the Invictus. Maybe Ale would ask about it later in private. But for now, her face betrayed nothing.

Now Jacques mention of the nickname of her Bloodline was a surprise, “You’ve heard of us then.” It didn’t concern her.

“I welcome a test.” she knew she meet and exceeded the requirements for the title.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Dark eyes watch the interaction between the Judex and Prince. She keeps her own counsel.
    “I do know all of the Oaths of Performance. For Mutual Oaths, I know the Oath of Blood Alliance and the Oath of Blood service.” There was a pause here. The Oath had been very difficult to learn, requiring reaching out to someone who Jennifer admired for aid. Jennifer was quite proud of the accomplishment.
    “I do not know the Oath of Blood Loyalty. “

Jennifer inclines her head in agreement to the Judex. "I feel that the Blood Oaths truly are the skeleton of the Invictus. The Oaths allow us greater stability."
    Jennifer nods slightly at the Judex, remarking. “Such knowledge will be instrumental in keeping falsehoods from gaining a foothold in the Covenant. The Oaths of Avoidance being known by you will be a great boon to the First estate.”
    Jennifer bows her head slightly at the last sentence of the Judex.
    “Congratulations, Lord Jack, Judex of the First Estate.”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack nodded at the question, "Indeed I have," though he would not share more detail out of respect. No, that was a conversation best saved for another night.

He smiled at the acceptance of the challenge with such confidence. He expected nothing less.

He then turned his gaze to Jennifer's confirmation of what he knew to be true, "Important tools as they are, I recognize and fully appreciate the difficulty of this accomplishment. The alliances that must be forged and negotiations made to learn many of the clans' most coveted secrets. Then, once passing that obstacle investing the time to develop the skill itself. To have done all this again and again year after year to completion is an achievement certainly worthy of praise."

"Congratulations are in order for you as well, Baroness Jennifer Hazelton, Esteemed Notary of the First Estate, Seneschal of Sacramento and Priscus of the Nosferatu." He paused to allow for applause.

Once concluded, "May your hard-earned standing aide you in your next task: To learn the final Mutual Oath."

"The final business I bring to the table tonight is the announcement that the language of our standard initiation Oaths will be modified. For many years the language has been such to hold the Invictus Oathbound specifically to the laws of Sacramento. The changes made will more clearly place our Oath in service to the Invictus, though make no mistake..." his eyes scanned across the faceless crowds, "Embarrassing yourself in the eyes of Sacramento is and will continue to be also an embarrassment to the Invictus." His hands lifted to open the floor to questions, "Those already under oath can retain their existing oath if they desire or they can renew their oath with the revised language. Any questions?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was pretty sure she had already talked about the Oath she had mastered, so she remains quiet on the matter.

Boasting wasn’t something she was good at.

A nod and smile was offered to Jenn, “Congratulations.”

It was starting to feel like the Savage was simply a placeholder for the Invictus, securing and maintaining the position of Prince. Not that she minded, she was secure with what she brought to the table.

Then to Jacque, “So long as it is understood everyone is treated the same when it comes to breaking Laws and embarrassing themselves and the Invictus within the Domain. I will punish each equally.” Would she change the language of her own Oath? No.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you, Lord Judex
    Thank you, Lady Prince."

There was a brightening in her eyes and she expressed herself with a sincere smile.
    What she felt was excitement. She had worked hard and spent a great deal of time and effort. The meritocracy of the First Estate works.

"I understand and I shall do so.
    I wish to swear that new Oath."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm certain that will remain unchanged, Alder Lady Prince." He was surprised she would take the time to state such a thing. Perhaps she enjoyed the current verbiage imposed upon the Invictus? A shackle that was imposed on no other covenant and one that had felt so disjointed from the First Estate as a whole. Perhaps this was simply the reaction of a Savage when losing a modicum of control... It could be a number of things, yet the mystery intrigued him.

He turns to Jennifer, "We shall set up another time for the swearing ceremonies. Perhaps you would like to arrange that?" Another statement delivered as a question.

"With no other business brought forth to the table allow me to adjourn this meeting with gifts," his hand raised towards his ghoul who delivered two wooden hinged boxes:

For Jennifer

For Alessandra

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A simple nod to Jacque, she was confident in his actions. Though there was the little part of her brain that wondered if this was a power move. It was something she would watch carefully.
    With the Judex concluding the meeting, Ale nods to Gabriel, who walks forward with the gifts and places them in front of Jacque and Jennifer.

An inked hand carefully opens the box from Jacque, dark eyes widening in awe and surprise, a pleased smile spreading across her lips, “Judex Jacque, you are too generous. I cannot express my gratitude enough for such an extraordinary gift, you humble me, thank you.” Her head bows respectfully to the Ventrue.

For Jacque

For Jennifer

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread