DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Chambers nods, understanding completely, well he thinks so anyway. ''Yes the hidden meanings and metaphors of folk tales hold a very similar interest to me.'' The older the better. ''And it is always the case you need to dig pretty deep to find not just the original versions but the historical context of when it was written.'' Any good academic would know that. ''Society has a very nasty habit of imposing its own values and views on stories, unable to filter them through any of other lenses or unwilling to attempt empathy with cultures not their own.'' The work of Pancryptia without a doubt. ''When in fact that wider understanding is critical to learning.''

He looks to Corn with interest. ''Superstitions, folk tales even the laws of God in the old testament are often explainable with science today.'' He chooses not to go with examples not wanting to risk causing offence to a man of faith. ''What do you make of that? do you think the supposed unravelling of the mystery to be a good thing?'' Are sleeps getting closer is what I mean? is this a fight back against the lie as the free council claim or a greater step away from actual truth. His eyes have narrowed, the intensity increased he is deeply curious about Corn's thoughts on this.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Very often, the folk tales or superstition get a believable explaination with science. That is the result of us scientists trying to explain them through modern science and the reality we see around us. In many cases, you will find more than one scientific explanations for the same thing. A lot of the times, there's truth to the explanations science gives. Other times, the explanation the science gives is another ... " don't say Lie! Corn thinks and he pauses trying to find words to say what he wants without saying it. After a small pause he continues "Other times, the explanation the science gives is also false. New theories come and give other explanations. For the plague for example, till a few decades ago, we thought it was spread with the bite of the mice, while it was from the fleas of the mice. Such mistakes are not always benign. I have found hard evidence that they are a different layer of misdirection. And we are a great part of it. I don't mean the other companies like ours, I don't mean the Cyber-security of our Company that keeps the secrets of the company from leaking out. I mean us. Our department." He says with disgust creeping in his voice. "I mean myself too. I have to do that from time to time. As a chemist and geologist that is involved in research, I often cite scientific sources claiming one thing when I know it is false. But sometimes it is necessary. You can't actually put into writing that the value of the minerals in a rock is not what the market thinks.

You obviously know, Mason, that several cultures along the world have folk tales about witchcraft. Sour milk. Wilting of flowers. Food going bad. I would really love to find a scientific explanation for that. And we both know that such scientific explanations for nasty things around witches would be an absurdity* filled with self-contradictions* and inconsistencies*. But it is necessary to lie, in the world we are in.
    "
    He shrugs "even to the people closest to us. You asked about my marriage. Well, I lie about pretty important things about myself to all my loved ones. One of the reasons I came back is to find acquaintances that know. "

* Those are synonyms for Paradox and I don't know if Chambers will get it or not but it should be clear what Corn alludes to.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It is an interesting thing to listen to to. On the one hand the unravelling on pancryptia on the other actively enforcing it. Nodding slowly. ''Yes Science can give reasoned explanation to what was known.' Tactful pause. Us scientists? I assume he means him and his other colleagues. ''Although I just as often find it to be only part of the picture, incomplete. there are still holes left in the knowledge.'' No one field can fully unravelling the hold the lie has on the world. ''And Still yet I cannot help but wonder if those who knew only from superstation were better off.'' As more and more people believe the answer science gives, the more reals it becomes, the more it chokes the life from other avenues of knowledge.

He clicks his tongue. I'll make the pots myself none of these are up to standard. He stands clearly done with browsing pots. ''It'll take me a day or two but I'll make the pots myself.'' If its for the Consilium perhaps a little personal investment might encourage others to do the same anyway. ''Now as for that.'' That was hard. ''I know what you mean. I have had to lie before now.'' And regretted it. ''But when I do it's usually because I have cornered myself, greater care or more stringent application of ideology would could have prevented it.'' He does not look to Corn wondering if he will pick up on what goes unsaid. You do this to yourself. The first protocol is simple yet so very hard to uphold while maintaining secrecy.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

When Chambers wonders if those who knew only from superstition were better off Corn shakes his head. "Heck no. If anything, their knowledge was more incomplete than the ones limiting to what the world's science shows. At the end of the day, the vast majority of the world is blind. And us for us? I consider us to be less impaired but still near-sighted. At least we are more aware of our handicap and we can put on glasses to see better - but we see much less than there is to see. "

As to the pots, Corn nods. "That is good thinking. I would offer to help you, I do have some skill with my hands but I am far from a professional. Still, I believe I would be of help, if you want."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Interesting. He continues. ''But then we have to ask is the presentation of things most people at best half understand a good thing. The majority of the world are not scientists such as yourself yet place great stock in their belief they understand it's principles and methods.'' They believe blindly and without understanding. The unwitting servants of the lie that infests reality. ''Which is what we get for allowing a monopoly on who gets to claim what is true and what is not.'' At least with superstitions people debate, the competed, they offered more insight in a way.

Well more or less everyone else has been at this point so why not. ''My workshop is in my front room.'' A pause to make it apparent that had more meaning. ''But if you would like to do a joint project, It is something I have not done in some years and would welcome.'' A dry grin cracks his face. ''Although as you might have guessed I allow for nothing less then work befitting a masterful craftsman to leave my bench.'' Will he be up for that kind of challenge? ''And I work faster then most.'' Even without magic.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

A joint project? Work of a master? Does he has a ritual in mind, cause I certainly do... "My offer was to help you with the pots to the best of my mundane abilities. But I could do a joint project if you had something in mind."

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It's only Corn's separation of the pots and the idea of a joint project that twigged chambers onto something having gone awry in the conversation. A small smile. ''Apologies Jacob I can can get carried away I did only refer to the pots, but when you see examples of my masonry you might understand what I mean.'' My pieces are equal to all but the truly great craftsman of history. ''I have certain standards for my work.'' Standards are important. ''However would welcome the opportunity to have you work alongside me in making something for the office.'' That might be more the binding exercise we need over buying flowers and compost. ''If it's alright with you I will let you know when my schedule clears and I have the time to commit to such an the endeavour.'' Because people never stop dying and tombstones have a tight turn around time.

Now for the other issue. ''If you had other, office related projects that we could work on.'' Trying to make it clear this was now separate from the pots and hoping he had picked up the implication correctly. ''If our skill sets align I do not see why not, if you have something in mind.'' I don't think we're talking about stone work anymore?
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I have no issue with being the assistant to do the side chores like cleaning the tools or the easy tasks." Corn says. "Just know that my schedule doesn't have that many openings these days. I am sure we can find a day and a time though and I would be glad to help. As for office projects, we can discuss them in the office." Corn looked around. "So, with that decided, and the plants decided, do you want to get to the cantina to buy some tea? I like this place. It does remind me of a park, but without the people walking their dogs and more quiet."

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods. ''A problem shared by many of us I think.'' Yet we make do. ''But yes when I have a clearer Idea of my availability I'll let you know and we can see if anything coincides.'' I will be very curious what a Moros not of my legacy makes of this.

He leaves the talk of company projects alone, with the exception of a single nod to indicate he had heard and agreed.

He then looks aghast, trusting Corn doesn't know him well enough to realise it is a jest immediately. ''Tea? That I didn't make myself. How dare you ...'' He can't hold it much longer and trails off in chuckling at his own joke. Self aware at least then, be that good or ill. ''Yeah Tea and snack sounds very pleasant, the place does have a nice peaceful feel to to your right.'' He then starts as if lightly jolted by something.

''Just a moment.'' And he will dart back over to the grow your own section and grabs few packets of herb seed to check out at the same time. ''They aren't big and these are personal so I'll grab them now otherwise I might forget.'' He had in fact for a moment forgotten why he was here. ''So you say your skilled with handy work, what do you have a preferred field?'' Stone work me I'm sure you have no doubt.
    Health
    Mana

14. Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"As a preferred field? I would say metallurgy, because that's what I have some experience in, but before other ways became available, I was used to repair things around the house. I also do assembled miniatures. Or I did, when I had the time. I plan to make toy trains for my son... when I have the time."

16. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread