DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Or a conversation to have in the now it seems. It doesn't overly bother him Corn seemed to have a habit where he shares over indulgently but these are all things that would have come out eventually regardless. 'Now isn't that odd. I study part time at the university, I have about sixteen months left of my BA in Philosophy. A little late to that party but oh well, better late then never.' Chambers appearance would suggest someone in their early to mid thirties. 'Otherwise I'm self employed. I make custom order head stones.' The freedom it grants for doing my own thing is not to be under valued.

He shrugs. 'Nothing wrong with that, so do I, and would continue to if I had a partner.' Not wanting to mislead Corn into thinking he does. 'In fact in recent months I've taken to cooking for the company, snacks here and there, but did something larger for the first meeting of the new year.' Now isn't that a coincidence. 'Morgan is pretty into her Geology, we agreed to exchange book lists, some starters on rocks from her, some occult and folklore titles from me.' My one failed attempt at true Guanxi. 'I fulfilled my end.' Leaving it there. It's what I get for dealing with a guardian I guess.

Listening and believing he knows what is being implied, responds in kind. 'I have a pretty healthy interest in different cultures and their practices. And more abstract applications of common questions.' And of course. He takes a moment. 'But above all the past, the people in it, who there where, what they did, how they lived all of it. My ability to research this field has been called refined even.' Lets see if he gets that.

Looking back to the surround flora. 'So for the company are we thinking high or low maintience plants? Succulents maybe to avoid pollen issues? Some of those small tree looking one perhaps?' Regardless I hope you came in a car.
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"You make what? " Corn said surprised when Chambers mentioned his profession. Should I tell him about my aunt? Well... I will ask opinions without sharing the family name.
    "Unfortunately, we may need a tombstone in the not-so-far future." Corn said with an edge of sadness. "My aunt is... not doing well. The first time I was in Sacramento, I was working in the bookstore of my uncle because he had to take care of his wife. The condition progressively worsens. I am sure you had heard quite worse things than an old woman succumbing to age after a good life but it is still sad for us. Regardless, I would like opinions on such things. I will be upfront that we don't have too much money and ... well, her family name is the same as mine so it would not be advisable to employ you for the task for obvious reasons, but some insight better than google on how much such things cost would be beneficial."

Then Chambers mentions geology and a smile graces again his face. "I don't recall who Morgan is, but ... " how to say 'Mystagogues were coming to me all this time for such things', without saying it? "... as I mentioned I have studied geology and I am good in folklore and superstitions. Some people from the Bullton company, really down to earth people, were visiting me for advice on such matters for the year and a half that I was away." those should give him the hint, Corn thought.
    "I have written such a treatise and it should be in the ...department's library. I spent weeks on it." Corn said, unaware that the Athenaum is empty. "I could give it to you in electronic form, not by email though, I could give you a USB stick and tell you the password." That should be more than enough for his expertise on headstones, I totally build up Guanxi with him. Let's add a bit more. You never know when you will need philosophy. "Some of the subjects may be a bit too advanced. I could spend an hour or two some day that I don't have the baby, to go over some points that may trouble you, and one day, you could do the same for some philosophical aspects that arise from superstition and religion."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Why is everyone always surprised by that, some has to make them. A little bemused that even a fellow Moros would find his profession unexpected. Then things take a turn, one he is rather used to. 'My condolences.' It was bad time to as about his views on life after death. As fascinating as it can be to talk with others who know it seems rather tactless. So he keeps it professional. 'If you want cheap, cremation is your best bet.' And growing in popularity by the year. 'Now if you are set on a grave are you thinking mass produced or hand made because the prices can vary somewhat between the two. For a standard size upright, Low four figures on the mass produced line. Easily half as much again if handmade and that's the cheaper end of things.' A tactful pause. 'If you didn't want me to know names you shouldn't have said anything, an eye on the upcoming obituaries will narrow the field enough to make it pretty easy if I want to. With that in mind I can do it cheaper, faster, and better then most, professional courtesy.' He didn't do it for the money, as long as he made enough to cover bills and in doing so not draw unneeded attention he could be flexible. 'Without seeing the one you plan to buy I couldn't tell you if the price is fair.' As fair as prices get in this fallen world anyway.

They must have just missed each other. 'I haven't seen Morgan around much of late, she must be busy.' Though maybe she used a different cover name, lets see? 'Cool name, Morgan don't come across that one much.' He lapses monetarily into thought. 'Probabaly a bit of British bias at work here but the earliest use of it I know would be Morgan Le fay, the witch from Arthurian legend.' There if you don't get that you don't know her.

Okay so your a savant then? 'My skill set is rather more niche but I have my uses and have been known to get the odd recommendation from branches of the company here and there.' Ah right that will be awkward then. He sucks air between his teeth. 'Now I don't want to alarm you but the company offices might not be exactly how you remember them.' This is hard to say in veiled talk.

He chuckles a little. Your a quick one to try and build up good will that's for sure. 'I was just trying to be friendly, it is not a personal interest. I saw an opportunity and gave it ago.' And it did not pan out. 'There's a great deal to learn out there wouldn't you say. Just not the time, and rarely the opportunity.' He leaves it at that. 'There's a few tricks I've found that help with self study of Philosophy if you think those would help you.' I'm willing to help if needed but all the better to promote self study.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"It is not my decision on what the grave would be, but it will be a grave, not cremation. That much I know. There are some such discussions around the family and I will contribute to the pot. Knowing the price ranges helps. I will consider mentioning I may have someone in mind for professional, handmade headstones. "
    He is right about the obituaries... Corn thought and visibly frowned, biting his lips. "Well, I could have lied about the relation. As far as you can know, she may not have my last name after all." he defended pretty lamely because if that was the case, they would not be having that discussion at all.
    And if he sees Amalia Cornell, he will realize who she is from my Shadow name...

The realization of who Morgan is rings a bell. "Ohhhh... Morgan! Red hair? Secretive? Yeah, I think I know. Well, can't say I knew her well enough. I would say it is bad manners to back out of the exchange after you fulfilled your part. "
    The mention of the company offices not being like they were gets a puzzled look. Not unexpected after nearly everyone left but the 'not want to alarm you' does alarm him. Not the place to talk about it. "We can talk about the department's office in a business meeting, Mason. We're here for the plants." he says with a smile. An alarmed smile.

"So, I was thinking low maintenance plants for the company lobby. Not cacti, as I can't say I love them, but something we could leave without watering or caring for too often. If there is interest or if those good with plants in the company show interest to care of, we can add more high care plants. What do you think? We could also get one of those Bonsai trees, the lower-end ones. Not the ancient ones that cost 30,000$ and are for rich people to show off."

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A light shrug. 'The offer stands as long as it's needed.' It matters little and less if I wanted to find your family I could be knocking on the door by days end without anything being said. Before giving Corn a a look that silent conveys the general concept of pull the other one. 'You could have. The thing is I tend to find members of our company to be honest folk.' The first protocol and all. 'Fear not I have no interest in your family.' That he says this after the gentle reminder of the importance about honesty is no coincidence. 'But if you want something truly personal to remember her by my art.' The pause conveys hidden meaning, this is something different to the tombstones. 'Can provide that for you.' And something curious for me.

Then smiling. So he does know Witch. 'Yes, yes that's the one.' Here's hoping we aren't speaking ill of her in bad faith, she hasn't been around much. 'Bad manners indeed. Perhaps whatever is keeping her away from the office is to blame.' But we did have the official meeting and all and it went unfulfilled.

He nods. 'Yes low maintience would be wise I agree.' The price of the ancient Bonsai gets a chuckle. 'I think we might need to aim a little lower then thirty thousand. Some smaller ones we could put them on tables or desks maybe.' As they have a look at the plants he picks up a leaflet to have a paw through. 'I like the colour of this evergreen .' Well ever purple I guess. 'These Kentia look pretty easy to manage.' Like bigger spider plants. 'This might be a bit big but we could put it in the courtyard maybe?' Reaching the end he flips it over. 'This one says suitable for beginners.' Indicating the last plant.
    Health
    Mana

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn examines the plants suggested. "I like the everpurple: The ... " he reads from inside "Evergreen California Lilac, And it is on a deal today! That would be a very good choice, if they have some nice ones. The other one you found, the...Kiku Shidare Zakura - shouldn't that be Sakura, for the Cherry tree? - Anyway, that one has "easy to grow" and "perfect in pots" tags. Another very strong contender. Well, I know that I will get that Flowering Cherry tree for Maria. We could take either one for the building or we could simply take both. There is room enough for two potted small trees. What do you think, Mason ? "

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers slips a pen out a pocket and circles the California Lilac a few times. ''And it can be grown in pots that makes it easier for inside growing, once we figure out how to get it enough sunlight. We thinking two of these? one for each side of the main door?'' I do not want to many just something to add a little character.

Circling the Kiku as well. ''I know sakura is the Japanese for cherry, but maybe there are unknown dialects involved here?'' A handful of words is as far as his fluency went. ''I think.'' Consults the leaflet. ''Being a Winter hardy tree means it would do very well in the courtyard and after a few years could really grow into that space.'' It appealed to him. ''Hang on what does it mean it's edible?'' Looking through the leaflet it dawned on him that he was being dumb. ''Right of course cherry tree.'' Known for more then looking pretty.

Now the awkward part though. ''By chance Jacob, did you drive today?'' Perhaps an odd question. ''Because I came via the bus and a short walk, and if we're planning to walk out of here with several small trees we are going to need to transport those.'' Best get this sorted before we make any purchases.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I was thinking one Evergreen and one Zakura for the lobby, next to the door seems a good idea. But we could later put either in the garden if they grow. Winter is not hard in Sacramento; we're pretty south. Draught is more of an issue. "
    Chambers mentions he needs a ride. "I got you, Mason. Do not worry. I will text my wife that I will be a bit late because I ran into an acquaintance and I will also text my sister - that has our son for the time so that Maria can rest. Here is where a nice flower in a pot will pay dividends. That trick works with sisters too, you know. I have found that building goodwill is a good philosophy in and out of the company. "

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods. "Yes drought will be the obstacle. Especially because." Pointing to the info on the cherry tree. "I don't think this one is potable, we'll need it larger bodies of earth." Hence why I suggested the courtyard. "And with that in mind just having a plant on one side of the door is visually unappealing, I think." He looks to Corn openly inviting him to say otherwise, it is not a hill Chambers will die on.

He shakes his head. "That's very kind of you but it's not me I'm worried about it's getting these where they need to go, I can carry one on the bus yes but if we are going for more then that, we will need wheels." Even if I could teleport I wouldn't here. "With that in mind have you thought about how your going explain the extra plants not for friends and family?" No need to raise suspicion when it is so easily avoided. "If your willing to offer that lift you could drop me and the plants at the office and I'll get them set up before heading home." That seemed like it could cover all of the potential problems to his mind.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"It is not for pots?" Corn checks the leaflet "But it says 'perfect in pots' here. And the "everpurple" is already in a pot. I agree that just one plant next to the door wouldn't be too nice. If you want to get one for the garden, I think I could afford one more... " although his budget for the cook-off would be affected. But on the other hand, they don't have many people for the cook-off.
    "I won't need to explain more plants, Mason. I will leave you at the company with the plants and then head to my sister to pick up my son. Which reminds me, there is a rear-facing baby seat in my car. If I am asked, I will actually say that I found a student and gave him a lift with plants he bought. "

18. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread