DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

As chambers waits expecting some form of contribution of Corns thoughts regarding the merits of hand crafted vs mass production, the state of the economy, or even some veiled commentary about the abyss subverting skill and truth through ever thicker layers of pancryptia as it sought to rob knowledge from the minds of sleepers via convenience. He realises that none is forth coming. So he can be reserved when he wants, good to know. Why divulge so much about his family then? ''What of yourself Jacob, what do you look for in a purchase?'' Maybe he didn't realise I was waiting on him to chime in.

Catholic, okay then. The archetype of the Roman catholic church having ties to the seers is known to Chambers, but he also knows not every Catholic is a seer if any are at all. Never having met one to confirm the rumour. ''Surprised.'' He ponders. ''No not so much a surprise I'm just always curious to hear thoughts on the topic. Those with our skill set tend to be very strongly in one camp or the other I've noticed.'' That was a little clumsy. If the Circle is the office and the order is the department, what are paths? ''Having had a near death experience myself I find it very hard to believe in the Abrahamic God as I do not think I encountered such a being in my brief window of not being alive.'' We have both seen Stygia, we know no God waits in the realm of death. Yet that does not exclude it from existence. ''So I often find the justification for belief to be a point of personal fascination.'' Once again not asking a question directly but leaving the statement opened for Corn to contribute as he sees fit.
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Woops! Forgot about this, apologies

"In my opinion, that we - I mean you - didn't meet that entity means two things: First, it is part of His plan; powerful we may be, powerful the other things may be, but He created it all, including ... " how to say the supernal without breaching?!? "THAT nasty place you saw. Also, remember the Tower of Babel? It think is symbolism for the same event we talk about often in the company.
    The second thing it means that you didn't meat such an entity is that you were not approached by the board members of the other company that wants to make a hostile takeover and practically eliminate us so their bosses would rule the market unopposed and the middle management would benefit. You know the company I mean. They are everywhere and they are dicks.
    "
    Apparently, Corn hadn't realize that he is having magic active that a Seer could, a Seer WOULD pick up on, and then he was discussing his family, his sister and all, while talking to Sand ers about how bad and dangerous the Seers are. He is oblivious to the lapse.

"Back to your question, everything we see, everything we saw, is part of His creation. And I do believe He sent His Son to earth to Save us. Nothing from what we know disproves Faith in the Abrahamic God. Now, that said, moving to Catholicism... the place you have seen, could well be the Purgatory or at least part of the Purgatory. "

Again, I am not a Catholic, I know very little about the Purgatory and if I offended anyone, I am sorry, I don't mean to demean anyone's beliefs by misrepresenting them as I play this game.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Now this is an interesting conversation. The kind of Chambers relished if not so much the need to veil the whole thing. ''I can't speak to great plans or divine agency but I can say while both are possible I am force to wonder if it is not the other way around? That Babel as you mentioned is in fact not the event that inspired the other, but a symbolized version of it.'' What greater tool can pancryptia have the not wrap something up in a doctrine that hates to be questioned and poked at. ''Are there truths I know not yet? Certainty is the existence of God like beings possible, absolutely.'' Does that suggest we should adhere to one , not at all. ''For the son well I cannot help but wonder if he was not some charismatic fellow who might perchance have had an experience similar to those we are talking of?'' It was certainly one way to read the what is presented.

He leaves the talk of Seers well enough alone it seems just a little to dangerous. A company that recruits based on claims of meeting the Gods, I don't know who to veil that well enough.

He shrugs. 'I'm afraid I know little enough of religious teaching in depth to really comment, sorry.'' But I do know the truth and Stygia is no purgatory.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn shrugs "It is called Faith for a reason. We choose to believe in it and place our Faith in those beliefs. If it is proven then it is not Faith. As for Babel, I don't think we disagree. I just believe that the Tower of Babel stands as symbolism for other events that left the world as it is. It was a Tower after all... " I think I am becoming a bit too clear for such a conversation amidst sleepers... He looks towards Chambers ; "Perhaps this is not a discussion for such a place. Anything else you want to know? "

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

And that's the crux of it, the part he has the most trouble with. Faith in the search for truth, it just seems so incompatible to me. ''The way the human mind works is a fascinating thing is not. Here we are you and I with much in common yet we understand those similarities so very differently.'' Which of us is closer to the truth? ''And yet the ability to accept that though such differences exist, knowing we each strive ultimately for the same thing enables us the ability to, not reconcile but at the least accept them.'' Each mage attempts the great task differently, we have different Sophiads after all. The question. Have you always had this faith? dies on his lips as he accepts Corn's request to move the conversation forward. Is it a reaction to awakened experiences or something held over from his time asleep?

Yes plenty. However. ''Yes I do, but I am aware I have been doing the asking for a while so allow me to flip it back on you, what questions do you have if any?'' A few answers were owed by his reckoning.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I think I will keep you racking up your bill." Corn (mostly) joked. "Feel free to ask, I will ask my questions when I think of some... well, I did. Do you want to meet someone? Romantically, I mean. Or you are not looking? If you are not looking, is it because you prefer to be single at the time or because you are in a relationship. If you are open for romance, what are you looking for? I know some people."

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He had been expecting question maybe about his accent, or his choice of studies certainty not his love life and the moment of shock shows before he recomposes himself. ''I'm not currently looking I'm afraid.'' Unbidden a few memories of a beautiful Italian flirting rise to mind and his cheeks redden slightly even at the memory. I am going to have to do something about that.
    ''I haven't been looking for so long I have recently found my skills in the department of flirting and romance are rather rusty when needed unexpectedly.'' While it was nice to have the attention of a someone like Mary the risk was far to great. ''Generally I am happiest in my own company or those of good friends, I have rarely felt the need for anything beyond that.'' True for my entire life. ''Besides I have other calls on my time and would not be able to give a relationship the attention it deserves.'' His look is cool but humour dances behind his eyes, trusting Corn will understand the veiled talk. Or maybe not given his own choices. ''So will I appreciate the offer to set me up I will politely decline.'' My lifestyle is for few enough as it is.

This topic however did provide the suitable grounds to ask another question he was curious about. ''And what of yourself how do you know your wife was the one? What made you pop the question?'' In our world such things must not be easy.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn smiles, going back to happy memories. "The short version is that I didn't immediately know. We were dating for years when we were in San Francisco. She was not very happy with her job there and I was considering to move to Sacramento to help my uncle and ailing aunt with their bookstore. I thought of moving to Sacramento and I just knew I wanted Maria to move in with me, that I wanted to wake up with her in the mornings, see her when I return from work everyday, sit next to her to the couch in the evenings. Be with her. I told her something like that and she teared up. That's when I knew. I didn't propose to her then and there but I knew. I told my father how I felt and he said that yes, that's how you know and that both him and my mother were aware I would come to that realization sooner or later. Nobody was really surprised. I bought the ring, popped the question - on one knee and all in a park, with a couple of friends releasing pigeons that didn't even fly close to us but I tried - and she said yes. We were engaged and a year later we married in Sacramento.
    I had more than one Bachelor Parties; one for the company and one with friends and family. It was a good time.
    Anyway, that's the short version. If you press, you will get the long version - just so you know.
    "

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He listens politely, as he peruses the pots looking for some that met his exceptionally high expectations. That was the short version. ''That sounds like an idyllic romance.'' Almost like a fairy tale, not the Grimm sort. ''Although why pigeons?'' Instead of doves or songbirds? ''It's a story that I can safely say I have never experienced.'' No one had ever meant so much to him that he could not move on from them when needed. ''Even when it's been painful. Or dangerous. I have always put needs greater then those of my own pursuits first.'' It wasn't romantic but I did scorn someone. ''It has all the signs of fated love. Is that something you believe in?'' Society would say its ethically wrong, but what's to stop an awakened playing cupid if such a thing is fated?

Deciding to move the conversation away from personal lives for a bit. ''You say you study superstations. What drew you to that field of interest?'' Having many reasons of his own to find it fascinating.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

How to answer that in front of sleepers? Corn takes a moment to think. "There are some things in the Superstitions that whether through coincidence or wisdom are close to the Truth. Filtering the superstitions of many many people and lands you can shift through the layers of dirt to find the morsels of truth in it. I could give you examples but this is not the right place. Let's say that there's work I have done for the department on that issue and others have sought me out because they figured out the same thing - about nuggets of Truth in the layers of Lie-s" there's a clear pause between the word 'Lie' and the '-s' suffix for plural.
    "Beyond that, Superstition even when not based on what you or I would call 'Truth' " He probably understands what I mean "offers a window to how people of a different era and place thought. For example, in the late 14th Century Europe and 15th century, there was the superstition about a cat near the bed bringing death. We now know that the Black Plague was spread by insects and parasites that fed on cats, and they could transmit the disease to humans. And more. In the Balkans it was good luck to take the sheets out in sunny days to air them; we now know this kills bacteria and parasites. A vast number of cultures have superstitions about blood dropped on the ground. This is because it attracts vermin that carry diseases. And other things. " He is not clear whether by 'other things' he means more superstitions that have a basis or whether 'other things' refers to other things attracted by blood aside of vermin and scavengers. Like certain cryptids, vampires, and aggressive spirits.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread