DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

With the weather on the turn chambers is dressed in what can only be called the classic teacher attire war enough to keep the chill out but less layered than he has been of late. Today he slowly ambles his way around the secret garden , garden centre his attention focused on areas that contain plant starters and window boxes for growing cooking herbs.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

(Improvised out-of-path)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Corn is taking a stroll on the garden. The mage has the tired look of many new-fathers. His son is with his sister and her husband and Maria, his wife, is taking a well deserved nap. Having done the chores and with a bag of newly purchased feeding bottles for the baby and those cute animal-shaped pacifiers all his relatives loved to tell him he should buy, he was enjoying some time by himself and so, obviously, he went to see the secret garden. A flower or two for his wife would earn him good-hubby points and with him becoming more social in both his sleeper life and mage life, he needed those good-hubby points. And happy wife = happy life.

Mages in the area could feel magic being active, as Corn activates life mage sight. See life in the fullest as he is here but also perhaps able to discern anything worthwhile. People and others that could use plants in rituals were very few... but not non-existent. Corn reasoned there was a greater chance to meet something that could use plants in fallen-word supernatural activities here than on the bus or at a supermarket.
    3 successes

Not far from his starting spot, just as he was about to scrutinize the resonance of a nice looking flower in a ceramic bowl, he spots Chambers . Deciding to say hello, he approaches his path mate.

"Hello! Glad to meet you here. I have seen you around the office but we didn't have much of a chance to chat. How are you doing? If you don't recall, I am Jacob. " Corn said offering a fake name. He offers his hand for a handshake. If Chambers accepts the handshake, and has the proper knowledge (initiation 1+) he would realize that Corn has undertaken the first steps. If he doesn't Corn is still unfazed and smiles.

[3] Pulse of the Living world
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

(Improv casting)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Chambers is reading the labels of some thyme, basil and parsley start sets when he stands up straight the Icey grip shivering down his spine meant only one thing and from it a single thought takes over. Finally.

His will brought immediately to bear reaching forth to pull down stygian truth, not wanting to risk the mudra of his rote his opts instead for the most reliable of his improvised arsenal pulling back the curtain of the lie to show the threads of fate and weight of destiny.

improve sibyls sight 1 success

Corn, with his own sight up, would notice something just a touch unusual about the golden glyph of chambers spell. Rather then appear merely willed into existence every line of the glyph simultaneously seems to carve itself into existence giving the glyph something of a refined almost artistic quality.

His eyes scan around however under the eyes of truth the source makes itself readily apparent in Corn and the spell in his pattern. Chambers can't help be just a little disappointed after so many months of trying to find something anything his hopes had jumped for just a moment. Oh well, good know I'm not the only one out and about.

Noting the perpendicular angles of corns offered handshake and highly doubtful he is actually trying for one given mages and their feelings about sympathy. Chambers places a closed fist* to his chest, in the same action his pinkie finger comes to rest over his sternum, which he is careful not to drop straight down.
    *Indicating signs of a Neokoros Superior, which might be odd because he definitely used the phrase foundations last they met (the use of which would imply above the Arche, not at it)

'Jacob you gave me something of a fright.' True enough. Shown by his British (Oxfordshire) accent being briefly more prominent then the usual significant restraint he applies to keep it subtle. and now the hand arcing down making it clear this is not part of the sign. 'Yes I did see you around. Mason in case you didn't catch it.' A cover yet not a lie. 'Yes the returning arrival in the department correct? How are you settling back in.' With the excitement of the supernatural encounter now ebbing Chambers falls back on his polite curiosity.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

3 successes

Something didn't click well. @Chamber 's words don't match his signs. Corns give the other Mystagogue a confused, perplexed look.
    "Yes, I am returning to the department as you say, Mason. But a few things don't click well. I get some strange signs from some of the coworkers."
    I hate this lingo, Corn thought, exasperated by the ways he has to think of secret secret meanings in secret words.
    "You see, Mason, I have spent some time away from big offices as you know. I am a bit dusty on this and that. I have been working with the company for years, but only when the market became bullish a couple of years ago I got to the big offices with a badge and all."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The general gist of a veiled conversation is necessary exercise for awakened around the world when meeting in public, and consequently chambers gives the time for Corn to talk uninterrupted, mulling over each word endeavouring to make sure he had the grasp of proceedings. Strange signs. Okay so between his lack of use and my learning taking place piece meal across the globe what are the odds this conversation would have made sense to others of our order?

A moment longer in consideration. 'It's a shame we lack a department head or Company manual either might have help with the situation. Personally I have spent brief amounts of time in offices dotted in a handful of countries I would be remise to say my knowledge of conduct is spotless.' We will have to compare notes. But bull I know means we have both completed the arche at the very least so we can discuss this.

Looking around to give them the guise of discussing their surrounding. 'What brings you out and about today?'
    Health
    Mana

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Finally... out of the weird lingo and into normal stuff!
    Corn looked around. "My better half is at home catching some well needed rest till my sister brings back our son. I am out doing chores and buying stuff. Since I was lucky and I have some time, I thought to drop by here and buy a couple of flowers for my wife. She will love them. I am determined to keep the flame going even though we're both holding jobs and having a kid. I believe romantic gestures are required in a long-term relationship." especially when you hide from your wife that you can create gold from thin air and are member of a secret society, Corn thinks but doesn't say.
    "I also decided to check this place for anything ... unusual that would catch my eye. You know what I mean. We could go checking for antiques one day if you want. A friend and colleague of ours, you have not met him - he's in a different city now - has found something very interesting two years ago although I tell you from experience that good finds are rare. Yet, I don't find such excursions a waste of time. "

He takes another look around the plans, checking and not finding anything unusual in their resonance. "I was also thinking, since Madison likes plants in general, we could buy for her or for the company building a couple of pots. For the company barbeque. Liven up the place. "

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It brings a gentle smile to his face. Not many mages mange to balance such, awakened and family life, its admirable he makes such an effort. 'That's very thoughtful of you. I don't know your wife, obviously.' Could have phrased that better. 'But I do not doubt your effort won't go unappreciated.' Chambers will pick up one of the herb growing starter sets. 'Unfortunately I know very little of plants.' Brow creasing in a light frown for a moment then relaxing again. 'What kind of flowers did you have in mind?' The question casual in such a way that it could be easily dismissed, or overlooked if considered to personal.

He nods, after all that was the more then half the times he set foot on solid ground was to go have a nosey for anything unusual. 'Yes sometimes you can get lucky and find the most fascinating odds and ends in places like this.' Looking from the plants now to Corn. 'Unfortunately nothing has caught my eye just yet.' A warmer smile light his face. 'There is this Fantastic fair I frequent each month, run into some others from the office now and then as well. One time we had a little contest for most interesting purchase, it was good fun. Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that is a must for taking home but there's so much and it changes so frequently.' He nods. 'Right you are such days out are rarely wasteful.' Time for another company outing perhaps? It was a good way to break the ice back then.

Madison? By process of elimination I'll guess Aurora. 'That sounds like a very good idea to me. Do we have anything more to go then plants?' In a garden centre that did not really narrow it down.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"When I am at home with" Corn bites his tongue to avoid saying his son's name, " ... the baby, I have time when he sleeps and all. He is just 6 months old so we're in the easy weeks, at the time. It is the nights that are hard, cause you have to wake up all the time. Anyway, what I was saying is that while watching him, I often check this and that on my tablet when I am not actively working remotely. I will not deny that I check the gossip and politics and lifestyle articles, but I try to spend time doing something useful but not too demanding.
    Perhaps, I could use some of that time to find interesting, easy to digest articles and info on plants. Then put a little commentary on those from my perspective, based on the more ... let's say traditional ... uses and symbolism of plant species. Perhaps you would be interested in something like this?
    " a good way to build up guanxi, Corn thought. He quickly adds with a chuckle, "I am trying to build goodwill, I won't ask for much in return. " let's make sure he knows I am not trying to fleece him, that it is a polite exchange not a trap.

The question about the flowers for his wife, started with corn mentioning a couple of flowers, then losing his track and mentioning how he announced a quick vacation to his wife using a flower arrangement that resembled the flag of Mexico, then further losing track and talking about flowers his sister, mother and aunts liked, before getting back to the question Chambers asked and answering "Roses always work, but I prefer to go for originality with Orchids or Carnations, and I may actually pick daisies for her in the park. She loves that too. And it is also helpful to avoid hiccups from little white lies. Say you return from 'running to the grocery for milk' 20 minutes late because the department meeting run a bit late. Entering with a few flowers you picked for her, will make that small delay go unnoticed.
    Also, don't look for the significance of this flower or that; I get Orchids and Carnelions because Maria likes those.
    "

Chambers didn't take much to come through with an offer of information. A fair of antiques that mages visited. That was interesting. Well, not exactly on the same level as what Corn was offering, but Corn didn't think that just that reference was all Chambers would offer in exchange for info on the plants, if he accepted Corn's help.
    "If Madison is not aware, we should certainly visit the fair with her. In the department, we even joke that antiques is part of her job! As for what plants she likes ... OK, time to come clean. I don't know for sure that she likes plants. I assume she does out of stereotype. Based on that, I have not the slightest idea what plants we could get for her house, I have never seen her house. But I am sure she will appreciate the thought. " Guanxi, again. It is good to have Aurora on your side. And she has mentioned some disagreements that I still don't know what they are about, he thought.

Corn looks around and checks some seeds. "We could actually buy her these so she may grow the plants, if she wants. What do you think? But Madison aside, I want a couple of plants for the Department and the company lobby. I think nobody would complain if we bring a couple of pots to the company grill."

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A knowing smile spreads across chambers face. It's been a while since I talked with anyone who knows how this works, oh how I missed it. A nod of appreciation. 'That's very kind of you, and if I find myself at a dead end I will take you up that offer.' He's done this before I would wager. 'But first of course I will not deny myself the opportunity to try and learn of my own accord.' This might not be directly related to my Sophiad but we are encouraged to take every opportunity to dele deeper. I wonder if it relates to his? A conversation for behind closed doors.

Chambers listens with polite interest, not interrupting, and allows Corn to wend his way back to the point at hand in contemplative quiet. I really hope you never meet a Seer. 'Daises from the park.' It's clear that answer was the one liked the the most. 'The personal touch is often lost, a lovely gesture. It conveys effort, and attention over material value.' So Chambers is not a romantic it would seem. After all we both know the value of metal and gems are held up in the lie. The he gives a small chuckle. 'I would need to know the symbolism before I could even begin to look for it.' Another field to unpick.

That settles that. 'Yes I think a company day out is a marvellous idea, I'll get you the details.' Pulling out his phone a quick search brings up the information, which he shares.

'I see.' I can imagine the possibility of this back firing. 'Jacob might I offer a compromise.' Something a little safer. 'I'm all for some plants in the lobby and office.' Whether there will be objections, well we'll see. 'And see how Madison reacts, use that to better inform a more personal gift.' His tone is soft, its not a criticism but a suggestion.
    Health
    Mana

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"So, what do you do, Mason? When not working for the department, I do some research for the University as part of a research project or another. I have an M.Sc in geology and they keep me busy. Freelance research also allows me to work from home, so I can watch the kid while my better half goes to the office."
    Corn chuckles, "I do most of the cleaning and cooking too. I am the home-maker, she is the big earner. My brother is teasing me about that, but we have no issues. My ego can take it, as I get to spend more time with my son. "
    "Aside of geology, I have found a keen interest in, you wouldn't believe it from a science-oriented person like me, superstitions. If and how they connect to religion, how they progressed, and how they are 'started' in a way. How they are connected to the reality people see around them. " Corn was careful to say "people", not "us" when referencing the 'reality'.
    "What about you? Any particular field of study you like?"

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread