Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ordo Dracul Meeting 2/29

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The invitation that had been sent out was coded in a way that a member of the Ordo Dracul would find themselves arriving at the Chapterhouse. The Dragons hoard information like few others among the night walking denizens.
    Arriving found the chapterhouse lit dimly and one Kindred awaiting you inside the door. He was an older gentleman with white hair, styled in a well-groomed black suit. The normal signals of his Clan were not worn this evening. BP 3
    What do you do?
    Losh Raul Scott Price

Character Claim

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Losh parks a couple of blocks away and approaches the Manor by foot, Losh may not know of the specifics, and he may be an Axesworn and not a member of the Dying Light, but it would have been impossible for him not to have heard of his Covenant's long sordid history within the city. He knew names, and that was about it. Martha Villiers, Dirt Nap, but they were only names, he didn't even know if any of them were still present in the city, or if they had left for greener pastures.

A bit stunned at the dilapidated state of the Chapterhouse, Losh wonders just exactly what happened to cause his fellows to abandon it for so long. Did he he read the instructions correctly? Was this the right location or were they just testing him? Wondering if the light inside of the house was from a meeting being hosted or squatters burning oil lamps, Losh spots the old man standing in the doorway and is instantly relieved.

Approaching the old man, Losh extends his hand in greeting.

"Losh, Crimson Supplicant Of The Curse." He introduces with a light tone and smile, the Crimson in his title referring to his membership in the Axesworn.

Jennifer Hazelton

"It is good to have you in the city, Losh." The handshake is firm. The man beckons for you to stand in the the foyer. The foyer of the Chapter House is beset with exotic hardwood floors, and glitter with painted and stained glass interior doors beckoning to other places in the house. A place for coats and umbrellas stands at the ready, while a grand staircase spills out in sinuous lines to the second floor. Stark white walls, keep the foyer from looking too heavy while warm light glows from many of the nooks and crannies. To the right, a Formal Dining Room awaits. To the left, a Solarium and even further, the Gymnasium.

"Please come in. I am Royce. Philosopher of the Sanguine Terror, Sworn of the Dying Light.

As numbers dwindled and Dirt Nap and Quinn left the city, I was forced into being the lone member. Tell me, Losh - have you spoken to others of our Covenant?"

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"As far as I know, I haven't." Losh says as he enters the foyer.

"I assume other members are coming? Usually I don't get contacted personally unless there's a significant presence. But since you're the only resident of the Chapterhouse, I presume you are it's acting Castellan? Or even it's Grand Wyrm?" He says as he takes in his surroundings.

"I've heard through osmosis that the city's gained a sudden influx of our Covenant, that could be very dangerous for us. While I the trust the Prince and her Court, some of the more paranoid members might assume that we're making a move of some kind. Possibly that I was sent ahead of the others to surmise the city's political situation as a scout." He ponders out loud, Losh glances at Royce, and then clears his throat.

"To be honest? If I cared about any of that, I wouldn't be in the Ordo. The Principality is temporal, even if we were to assume control of the entire Domain, what's to say it won't get taken by somebody else in five or ten years? What's to say there won't be a sudden flood of Carthians next?"

Standing with his back straight and his arms crossed behind him, he turns to face Royce, Losh grins again.

"But I did swear an oath to aid our Covenant in whatever issues it faces, personally my vote is to clean up the place," He chuckles, "But I suppose I should wait until everyone's here to begin discussing plans for the future."

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

Raúl also parked a few blocks away. The walk was short as he approached the dilapidated manor, his gaze flicking around to take in as much as he can of the place. He's freshly returned to town and now it's time to get back to what he was sent to this city for in the first place. He looks the building over as he approaches, wondering if the state of the Chapterhouse is intentional, to keep prying eyes away, or accidental. He hopes for the former as he steps into the dimly lit interior of the foyer and it's two occupants.

His Beast tenses at the sight of these two Kindred, the Savage pulling on its metaphorical chain to sooth the Beast as he gives a glance over the two men. Raúl is dressed in a button up maroon shirt beneath a black leather jacket and a pair of slacks. Sensible boots complete the outfit as he looks at Royce, giving the man a nod in greeting before looking to Losh. The face is familiar, having seen the Shadow in passing at the last Formal Court.

"Evening, gentlemen. I hope the night finds you well," he says, giving a nod of his head to both of them before offering out his cool hand for a handshake. "Raúl, Crimson Supplicant of Hunger."
    Aspect of the Predator ​● BP 2

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Raúl, nice to meet you. Didn't think I'd be meeting another Axesworn so soon. " Losh takes Raúl's hand and shakes it, not strong enough to crush or put any sustainable pressure, but firm enough to be respectable. One would be surprised how much Kine and Kindred alike put so much important into those type of introductory gestures.

"I was just talking with Royce here about the future of our Covenant here in Sacramento."

Losh takes a couple of steps back and adjusts his dark brown jean jacket, he looks around, taking note of the near ruined state the Manor was in.

Shrugging, he says "I've never fixed up a house before, I imagine it'd be a new experience for all of us."

Jennifer Hazelton

Royce glanced at Losh for a beat

"This an Ordo Dracul meeting and so I have invited everyone that I know of - Scott Price, Mr. Dominguez and yourself.
    I am not the Grand Wyrm. I will discuss that more when the others arrive.

It could be dangerous for us?"
    Royce clarified, looking to Losh for clarification.
    As Domingiez entered, the older looking, proper gentleman extended a respectful nod to Dominguez.

"Hello. Getting a good talk set up, now.
    There is something that I need to talk to you all about in a minute.

Do you have any questions for one another?
    Have you seen Mr. Price, do you know if he mentioned being late?"

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I didn't mean to imply anything, when I said danger it mainly came from my ignorance of how politics are handled in the city. The Seneschal seems quite nice, nice being relative when it comes to our kind." Losh says.

"Questions?" Losh thought about it for a moment, he did indeed have some questions.

"My first will be, what happened? Was the Chapterhouse always in such disrepair? And where did our fellow Dragons go? Like Dirt Nap, last I heard he returned to lead the Dragons in Sacramento, and there was another Kindred named Quinn Durant, though I know considerably even less about them. There were always rumors I heard that Dirt Nap intended on resorting the original Chapterhouse, so either those rumors were false, or he failed."

Unloading a barrage of questions all at once, his naturally curious mind hungry for the answers.

Presence
    (Alert)
    Raul

PRE

"Nor did I. A pleasure, Losh," Raúl nods back to Losh, shaking the man's hand in turn, firm but not bone breaking, by any means. It's good to show respect and strength all at once.

He watches the Shadow looking around the area, giving a look himself and taking in the state of disrepair. Perhaps it was intentional? Keep prying eyes away?

He turns to Royce and nods, smiling to the man when the higher ranked Dragon mentions that he wants to talk. "Of course."

"I have not met a Mr. Price as of yet..."

He turns to Losh when the man starts to talk politics of the Court, listening for a moment, "The Seneschal does seem to be genuinely nice, but firm at the same time."

Then the questions start and that's what Raúl is here for too. He looks to Losh as he speaks his mind and turns his gaze towards Royce.
    Aspect of the Predator ​● BP 2

Jennifer Hazelton

The older Kindred was quiet for a moment. Watchful.

His expression was contemplative as he states.
    "We are in a good position in this Domain. The Alder Prince has kept true to her wotd that each Covenant has a right to exist unimpeded and without favors from those officials above.
    Your comment, Losh, made me want to clarify that.
    We are free to recruit,if you feel prepared to mentor someone. I understand that the Unaligned Daeva is attempting to be helpful.
    Has anyone met with her?"

He thinks for a moment. Then he responds.
    "There is a response to how many members we have participating.

There are many ideas on what happened. Dirt Nap intrigued Reeve Durant and a Kindred named J.C. Ut appears that they were close as he invited them to stay. Dirt Nap sent out a letter stating that Quinn Durant was in charge of the Ordo Dracul.

Then there seems to be some events that I did not witness. J.C. and Quinn Durant departed. Dirt Nap departed the Domain.
    I came out of a study to find myself alone.

There is something that I need to tell you. I have reached a great space in my studies. Yet it means that I will need to remove myself into seclusion here to truly progress."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread