Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Dark brown eyes flick between the Daeva and the Nosferatu. [I]Curious.[i/]

"A lot of my clothing is custom made by a seamstress that Priscus Jack."
    Bruce Springsteen' s American Land begins to play over the speakers.
    "Oh, what is the story behind this song choice?" The Cursed voice slithers out
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity shrugs. 'You do you, they're your secrets.' If it's important or interesting it will come out. This might not be Elysia but Verity is acting as if the rules apply. It seems safest. So no sneaky discipline use to help liberate the story.

'I talk about music a good deal myself.' She saw it as a fairly safe interest. 'It a pretty big deal to me.' In that it if factored into almost every area of her life. 'Something about the song stand out to you Reeve?' As learn to fly wraps up.

She looks up with excitement and appreciation as the next song starts. Its not her genre exactly but it definitely ticks the boxes for what she looks for in a song. 'Oh this a good choice.'

Attention back to the Seneschal. You have custom made leather jackets? wow do we exist in different worlds. 'I bet that's expensive.' Looking over the outfit again. 'But clearly worth it.' What's a better expression of the self then custom made to order. It's a point to consider. Also seems that tailor must be kept busy if they share one.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Sounds a little escapist, but Grohl sort of can do some vocals. Most songs you generally connect with these guys, they can hide that well."

Helen doesn't really go much into Verity's 'you do you'. One, because thats usually her line and two, line's drawn, why add stuff when all's been said ?

"The Boss sings a lot about the trials and tribulations of regular Joes and Janes. Hopes, dreams and failures of those, with some social commentary, even if you could call it mostly toothless." She shrugs. "I'm a sucker for that sort of storytelling and I like Springsteen's way of following these folks and bringing them and their issues to life without too much sugarcoat. The style resonates with me, I guess. Some irish and russian traditions go into that direction, too. Some's a bit more fun that Springsteen, but some's also a lot more depressing."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

5. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Music binds people. Have either of you seen the film, Congo? There was a scene where people from very different walks of life - PHDs from America, an American guide, an American CEO and African citizens hired to move thier gear all came together for singing an impromtu song. The music helps soothe people out of thier element.
    That is a piece of evidence from a film.

Yet people can have the same affection for music for very different reasons."
    Case in point, Jennifer nodded a bit towards Helen's views on the music that she had brought.
    "This piece,"
    Jennifer held out the leather jacket with a hand as she referred to it. "- was a gift from a mentor. It was the Lady Notary Micha that helped me realize what a tailored piece could do for an outfit.
    I use a seamstress for tailoring the gowns that I buy for formal events. With good maintenance, you can create a outfit capsule and use the same gowns for years."

Jennifer leaned in as though the three were going to conspire.
    "That is what I have done. Wearing another gown six months later is not commented upon negatively. Those that notice, do not care."
    Jennifer was warming to the subject.
    "I have a few pieces from Target. A well made pair of jeans and some interchangeable blouses can flesh out an outfit. That is what I tend to wear when I go among the Kine. Wearing too much can attract the wrong attention, which I have done when I was younger and careless. That is also why I keep my older model Toyota sedan. Just about anyone could afford it, and it has plenty of mileage."
    "I do have a question, as we are talking informally."
    Brown eyes move over the two. "How do you feel about others' wearing your Clan's signature colors?"

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Do some vocals? 'Not all lyrics have to make sense, not all voices have to sound good. Both help but the mark of good music is how it works the crowd. Does it impact, does it flow, does it make the heart beat in rhythm to the drum and the soul resonate in frequency with the guitar. Music is about expression and ... ' Ceding the point to the Seneschal. 'Connection.' Verity agrees. How else would a crowd move, lose themselves, be inspired all at once. 'Which it sounds like Springsteen understood really well.' It's what a lot of edgy start up bands failed to grasp. You need more then just angst, and a bad attitude.

'I haven't I'm afraid, something you'd recommend?' I'd wager its set in Africa though.

Verity will take the opportunity to properly admire the jacket, it was a dam sight nicer the any of hers. 'Was she a mentor before or after you come into Sacramento?' It wasn't a name Verity knew.

Or those that notice do care, just won't say anything because your the second most powerful kindred in the domain. It takes an effort for Verity to not lean back as that cursed voice came that bit closer, not made any easier for the conspiratorial airs. 'I'm still in the experimental stage for formal wear so I'll keep that in mind. Although I think everyone would notice if I wore the same as last court again.' I did not go for conspicuous. 'But I'm having a good time with mix and match.' Which can be used for a new set or just jumbling around older ones.

'That's a problem I either have in abundance or not at all depending where I am.' The rocker girl look either blended seamlessly or caught eyes from every direction. To be fair, I catch eyes anyway. 'But my style is believable it's not like you don't see people dressed like me around.' True most only moonlight to gigs and nights out but some live it round the clock. 'If you want to talk miles you should se my minivan. Its a mystery how most of it is still working.' In terms of affording it yeah anyone with a pay check, the paintjob, any one with a spray can.

The Daeva shrugs. 'Given parts of my face are dyed purple forever more, I'd be a hypocrite if others wearing red bothered me.' Caring strongly about that is definitely more of an Invictus thing.
    Health

9. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Brown eyes move over Helen for a moment. She waits in silence for a moment, enjoying the song as it comes to a close. A new song Sabotage by Beastie Boys begins to play.
    Jennifer moves her focus to Verity. A moment is taken to process the Daeva's words.

"I would recommend watching Congo. I found it enjoyable a little over a decade ago.
    Lady Notary Chappelle is a member of the Invictus House in St. Louis. I have travelled to her twice to learn the elusive knowledge that she possesses. As I met her for the first time in 2012, I would say that I met her after I moved to this Domain.
    Yes,"
    Jennifer agrees. "A capsule works best when the signature, eye catching pieces are worn less frequently. Two months is not enough time.

That is true. Finding one's own style is an important part of oneself. I have cultivated a style among the Kindred and a second when moving among the Kine. Tailored to the activity, of course.

I see what you mean."
    The slithering voice acknowledged.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

A curl of her upper lip suggest Verity doesn't like the new song as much.

With the Reeve lost in thought or maybe the music Verity turns her attention to the Seneschal. Offering an affirmative smile. 'I'll track down a copy and give it a go. Been a while since I had a movie night.' True the movies were usually a pace of existence to slow for the Daeva. But that doesn't mean she hasn't seen some. 'It's pretty recent but did you see Bohemian Rhapsody? It was a film about the life of Freddie Mercury.' Seems appropriate given what tonight is about.

The place not the name is more familiar to the Daeva. 'Oh St Louis. I passed through on my way over here.' She had passed through many domains on the journey from Detroit. 'I don't know if I met your mentor though, it was a brief stay. Enough to make myself known, explain I was passing through, and get permission to hunt while I stocked up on other supplies.' Micha or Chappelle? might be the same person. Would kind of funny if I did bump into them though wouldn't it.

The Knowledge that Jennifer has been in the domain over three times as long as verity has been a kindred, give or take, is not shocking, but still to hear said does drive it home a little. 'Things must have changed a good amount in your time here.' The statement is as much a question, polite, acknowledging Jennifer seniority, but still has interest behind it. Which for a society that according to stereotype usually stays the same is kind of ironic.

Verity shrugs to that, the chain pieces on her outfit rattle slightly with the motion. 'Oh well back to the drawing for next court it is.' I had been planning to anyway. 'I'm having more fun with it then I thought I would.' Holding true to her self expression while walking the line of formality had presented a challenge she felt she had risen to, and but not without effort, and that made it worthwhile.

Eyes lose focus only in the considering of what the Seneschal has to say. 'Do you find that helps? to have different styles rather then stick to what you know you like?' It would feel to much like giving away a part of my identify if I regularly dressed differently.

Well in all her time maybe? 'I don't suppose by chance you've ever encountered a kindred that has the same, uncommon.' Because it can't just be me. 'Situation regarding their make up, hair and the like?' A risk of giving away she does not know things about her own condition, but the only way to learn is ask others and of kindred in the domain she would risk going to for advice Jennifer ranks highest. 'Do you disagree Seneschal? should kindred keep to their colours?' She's Invictus being proper is a given but I'm curious where she comes down precisely.

And on the topic of learning. Verity makes what might be an unexpected move and picks up a hand fan. 'At the risk of sounding uncultured.' In this area I certainly am. 'What's the point of these?' A lot of the symbolism is lost on her.
    Health

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Can't say I have seen the movie, but I think it's a pretty neat effect. A bit like work songs or cadences, really. Focus and bring people together." She nods. "Fair enough, can't argue with that."

Seeing her relationship with fashion, she, again, keeps mostly out of the chit-chat about clothing. "Gotta say, I don't really care. I've never been too close to that convention anyway and lets say I know a lot of people who can pull green off way better than me." She kind of doesn't feel the need to go into why she mostly doesn't keep her wardrobe separated between societies. Or having to explain the few exceptions to that. On the subject of Bohemian Rhapsody, she does throw in a quick remark. "Debated going to see it, didn't go through with it, though. How'd you like it ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

14. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"No, I have not done so."
    Jennifer replied to Verity.

Another Brick in the wall by Pink Floyd plays over the speakers.
    "No. You did not meet the Lady Notary. The Lady Notary is in Sweet Torpor. The Successor of the House, Lord Notary Garreth Travers."
    Jennifer pauses for a moment. It was a very heavy acknowledgement for her. Jennifer's expression was thoughtful for a moment.

"Many things have changed. Some things stay the same. Good allies strengthened the Domain, then moved on.
    That is a common occurrence.

Yes, I have found that two capsules work well. I walk the streets at night. I have volunteered to observe locations in recent nights. I don a 'few years out of fashion' persona for that. I find certain outfits work for best for different scenarios.

I believe that for some Formal events, it assisted some Kindred in finding appropriate assistance.
    Those are party favors that I have found pleasing in years past."
    A pale hand selects a pale green hand fan and flutters it, her mind thinking of political games played in years past.
    Her eyes are thoughtful.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity nods with some enthusiasm to both kindred. 'I would definitely recommend it. It does justice to him and Queen as a whole, while not shying away from the darker side of his life. It's very honest.' For movie you think might be focusing on the Live aid performance that really is only the cherry on top of a great film.

She starts to rock her head in time to the beat misty green eyes going wide. 'Oh this is a great one.' That's the thing about music there's so much you can forget about something for a bit until you hear it again and then remember why you liked it in the first place.

Shrugging gently. 'Then that confirms it I can't have.' Noting that it seems a touch of an awkward subject she is swift to move on.

Verity thinks harder for a moment trying to sorted through a bulk of information. 'Yes the Prince was telling me a bit about that, we ended up likening the domain to a testing ground almost.' How did we arrive at that exactly? The conversation had ben long, difficult and full of pitfalls the Daeva had only barely avoided in some cases.

It makes sense. 'I can see the benefit to that.' Staking out Hm? 'Although regardless of what I wear I tend to stand out.' The full face of White foundation purple and eyes and lips could hardly be missed or confused for someone else. 'And have your efforts proven worthwhile?' Natural curiosity seeing how far it could get.

A moment t consider. 'In a larger domain I would agree that would help. But I've ben having fun trying to work out clan and covenant of those who don't wear it openly.' Yes she could just hit the rumour mill but deduction was also an important skill to hone.
    Health

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread