Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2402) Chess or Checkers

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"...Do you play?" he asked with interest.

Continued from (2402)Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

​"I do, albeit not very much. It's an honor to meet you."

Losh smiled polity, he didn't expect a Priscus of all Kindred to sit down across from him.

"I don't think we've been formally introduced, I'm Losh."

He aimed to keep things short and simple, he was aware of the city's hierarchy through general osmosis. Meeting the Seneschal had been a trip, though that was under the pretense of his receiving his acknowledgment. Losh had never attended formal court in this city, he wasn't certain of the rules. Each Prince ran their domains differently from one another, so it would be wise for him to keep whatever comments he had well mannered and tame.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An honor, he says... His lips pressed into a semblance of a smile. For better or worse, he did enjoy subtle flattery.

"We have not," he affirmed as he took in his name. "Simply Losh?" he stated with barely a pause. "I am simply Jack, and Priscus of Sacramento's Lords." Having no surname was not entirely foreign to him, afterall.

He gestured to the board as he settled in, "Please, take white." and the first move with it. "What brought you to Sacramento?"

The game is Int+Resolve, rolled one turn at a time until one of us reaches 10 or we can do an extended roll if we start to get close to the end of the month to wrap it up. In the event of extended rolls, the person who gets to 10 on the earliest roll wins.

Blood Hunt:

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm a wanderer by nature, staying in one place too long gets sort of dull after a while. What's the point of living forever if you don't try and see as much of the world as you can? At least, that's how I view things." Losh says as he makes his first move with the chess piece, as he finishes his turn, he looks back up at Jack.

"I've met lots of Jacks over the years, most of them are bit too chaotic for my tastes, so it's refreshing to meet one with a level head. Or to meet a Kindred who enjoys Chess as much as I do, although, I must admit that I play casually, my Sire was a grandmaster at it, not officially, but I suppose when you have an eternity to get good at a game, you get good at it." Losh smiles as he chuckles and cracks the joke.

So far so good, Losh thinks, I wonder what his next move will be.

"It's been too long since my last game, forgive me if I'm rusty. By the way, I didn't mean to imply anything earlier, it's just that Jack is a very common name for Kindred to take in my experience."

4 successes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A strong open

"Nomads by choice are not very common. You have a reasonable rationale, at least." He had the means to do so himself but his roots had become quite established in Sacramento. "Where did you enjoy your time the most in your vast travels?"

His expression pulled into a grin at the presumed faux modesty after an opening move like that, "Casual or not, it seems the experience with your Sire rubbed off some."

He nodded, "Over a long enough timeline the game becomes more about remembering what the appropriate response to a situation is. There are a vast amount of combinations possible, but they are finite." He muses as he moves his piece.

2 successes

"No offense taken," a pause for a moment or two, "...yet. Though I am curious how you would come to the conclusion that I'm not an agent of Chaos in such a brief time."

Blood Hunt:

Closed Thread