Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Table off to the side

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Feb 1, 2024 : (2402)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now there was a face the Savage was surprised to see. Pleasantly surprised? Well, that would have to remain to be seen.

But Helen didn’t approach, and Ale didn’t extend an invitation. Some discussions were best held behind closed doors.

Her focus shifts back to the Daeva, “And how are you this evening?” she can do small talk. Sometimes. “Been staying out of trouble?” for a Daeva that could be hard, at least, from some of the ones she had known in the past. “Thank you.” It was the proper response after all.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Continued from (2402)Formal Court...

Verity's green eyes track the newest and what must surely be the last arrival for the night. And this night just keeps getting better. Last I saw her she bailed on our meeting with the Seneschal. And when offered the nod returns a deeper one. She does still hold office after all.

Eyes and attention snap fully back to the Prince when addressed. 'I'm having a rather wonderful night your Grace.' Purple lips convey a full smile. Compared with the anaemic turnout at the courts between the two formal affairs this was a buffet for a social creature, as the Daeva is. So much potential here. 'And yourself, how are you finding the evening?' It was polite to ask.

Odd question to ask, maybe it means something? 'Of course your Grace. I've been filling my nights with social events, getting to know other kindred around your domain.' Trying to finagle information out of them but that takes getting to know them. 'And my efforts towards the blood hunt.' I wonder if she got my scrap of intel yet? 'Is there any trouble I should be aware of?' Maybe that was the point? 'There was one little incident.' Or maybe she heard about this, better not hide anything. 'I witnessed from another but the Reeve was informed.' There hopefully that makes it sound like it was handled. How can he owe me a game if I throw him under a bus. As she had in their previous conversation Verity is immediately having a hard time deciphering what the Prince is after with her question. Some so small and simple, yet so potentially charged.

Curt but better then a verbal slap down for the flattery and no snap back about mine, which I'll take as a good thing.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod of her head, “That’s good to hear.” Because the other answer could me discourse and issues, and she was not in the mood. “Oh, I’m having a pretty good evening, having a night off tends to put me in a good mood.” Yes, she considered this a night off. At least it was until someone did something stupid.

“Getting to know the Domain and the Kindred that reside in it is a smart move.” A good way to gain allies. Or enemies. Or both. “Been to any interesting social events?” the Savage wasn’t one for social gatherings, but was working on it. “I’m glad to hear you’re participating in the Blood hunt. An excellent way to showcase your skills and abilities.” And if you’re useful or not. “Gabriel passed along your information; it’s being looked into.” She doesn’t take others words gospel, and would confirm what was passed along. Leaning back, “If there was an incident, the information was not passed along to me.” There was a lack of communication within the Domain. “I’m tempted to have you pass along any incidents or information to Gabriel.” She knew her Ghoul would tell her.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Even with most prominent kindred in the domain present the only other thing that seemed to be of interest going on was the Seneschals conversation with Raul. Cut out the middle man I guess, makes sense. Would it stop her from having her own interests just to get the task done. No. Her smile falters a little. 'It must be rewarding to take the time to see the fruits of your labours.' This after all more than any other night must represent the outcomes of all her work.

Eyes move over the assembled kindred again. Picking out faces of those she had or would be meeting. 'Sensible for any kindred I'd say. Essential for someone in my position.' No one here had her back the way family had back in Detroit of that she was certain. Misty eyes widen but don't light up she isn't blushed after all. 'Several.' The Daeva takes a moment to arrange her thoughts, and to remember what she had let out at courts prior. 'There was a massive drag show, celebration of the style.' That had been a blast and shown her what she needed to get started with her own outfit. 'A goth club that was pretty fun.' That should be a titbit for a few almost certainly listening kindred. 'And an eventful night at a bowling ally.' At least those are all of the publicly known ones. 'There's a roller Disco and massive rock concert coming up I'm looking forward to.' Now I wonder. 'An of yourself do you get much time to enjoy the city?' The question is as much to see how such a clearly masterful kindred plays the game as genuine interest.

A look of surprise flicks across her face. 'Of course I would participate.' You ordered it if for no other reason, of which I have a couple. 'What an interesting time for me to have arrived.' And can you imagine if I manage to bring one in. 'I couldn't imagine a reason someone wouldn't want to show off when given such a stage.' And yet the Seneschal is having using me as her hunting partner. That says a lot about her options does it not? Verity nods. 'It wasn't possible for me to go to the location to check so it might be something it might be nothing. Can't hurt to know the name though.' If some such did pop up then hey it panned out. 'Your announcement mentioned someone tied to the sisters was brought in.' Careful now. 'If no one has had the chance to question him I would be very happy to volunteer.' Every avenue and all that.

Oh so she didn't know. Dam. 'I am of the understanding your officials have handled the matter.' The seneschal had implied nothing more need be done anyway. 'If that is what you wish moving forward of course I shall.' I'm going to have to be careful to be less petty. The Daeva had wanted to create a little hot water for Losh socially, after his actions. She didn't want to feed him to the apex predator of the city. 'I assume in addition to the relevant officials?' Good to be clear on that.

So I'm sitting with the Prince on her night off. She has openly said I passed her information and wants me to do so in other regards. My social status must be looking interesting right now. Or has a massive bullseyes being painted as we speak. Both it'll be both.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The fruits of her labors? An interesting choice of words. “I suppose, on some level, it is.” But her labors were never ending, her work never ending.

It was obvious they had vastly differing opinions on what one could consider a exciting night out. But she had asked after all, “Sounds like enjoy a variety of things when going out.” Her nights were not as interesting, but she enjoyed quiet things. “Typically, no. But I’ve been making an effort to take nights off here and there to venture out. But my preferences are quieter with smaller crowds, if any. Think wine and piano bars, dive bars, those types of places. Though I did attend the local food festival last year.” Granted her restaurant had a booth setup.

While this one seemed so eager to participate and was actively doing things, there were others who, well, were not. “The man you ask about is currently,” pausing, “not able to speak, and I don’t see it changing at the present time.” If anyone would be questioning the man, it would be Jacque, one she trusted to get the answers needed.

“Not everyone understands the importance of communication.” And that was all she would say on that. “I’ll let you know later who to include.” Until communication improved, things would be handled…differently.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Which level I wonder? Verity casually regards the princes words. 'You must have worked so incredibly hard to get where you are.' Because these things don't just fall into your lap, and if somehow they did they wouldn't be held onto. 'What do you find most rewarding about.' Verity looks to take in the room again. 'All of this?' The reasonability? the power? that you did it? somehow I doubt the adoration.

Verity hasn't stopped smiling yet and the talk of nights out helps keep her mood up. 'Funny you mention crowds because for the variety the city has to offer, that's what I look for. A good lively crowd.' So I guess the likelihood of running into you out and about just went down some huh. But still not impossible. The young kindred was more then a little curious how her elder handled herself around kine. 'That's good, everyone deserves a night off here and there.' It was important, it helped in the mind of this Daeva anyway, to spend time around the kine without hunting them.

Green eyes wonder over to the Piano in the room. 'I can imagine you at a piano bar.' No not really she had never been to one. Verity was just remembering their recent meeting and meshing it with the faceless crowds of court.

Food festival, why have I never though to ... oh yeah that's why. 'Now that's something I wouldn't think to see many kindred at. Did you have a good time?' What was at such an event for kindred? the main attraction itself could be a risk if it came back up with people around.

Focusing a little, more serious. Verity always sits straight, proud, but there's more intent, more agency to it when she is like this. 'I understand. If his situation changes I am at your disposal of course.' Dam, shame. If he was working for them he must have been reporting back or meeting up somehow.

Verity is unsure if she should be pleased or worried that she'll now be reporting directly to the prince, well the princes ghoul, but yeah the prince. Between this and being called in to back up the Seneschal tonight somehow it all feels ... to much? to many sudden changes? I haven't done anything to merit this, I'm no one important to her, not one of her officials, so what's going on? 'As you say Your Grace, to Gabriel then.' Because she wasn't going to say no.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s the only way anything is gained.” At least, in her opinion. Most rewarding? What a weird question. “An,” pausing, “odd question. But I suppose it’s rewarding to build a Domain into all the things other Domains are not. Not all are accepting of every Covenant and Kindred.” Some shunned the Haunts, some shunned the Carthians.

“What is it about the crowd that draws you, aside from being lively? I’ve heard some say it’s that no two nights are ever the same. Some even liking the variety of a large crowd, different faces and interactions.” She found it interesting to know what drove others.

“Easier to have conversations there.”
    The music wasn’t loud and the crowd was a little more upscale.

Thinking back on the night, “It was different, and they had a good variety of beers to sample, so that was enjoyable.” Hell, she even tried some she had never had before. "An added bonus being getting to watch the Kine interact among themselves and the vendors." people watching was enjoyable to her, there was so much to learn from it. "Ever been to one? They're quite popular once the weather warms up."

A simple nod at the offer.

This would be an excellent test of loyalty and capability. Could the Daeva only pass along information to her? Or would she try and find a way to work around it? There was no place within the Domain the Savage didn’t have ears.

Let the games begin.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity nods the prince had the right of it. 'Isn't that the truth.' And a lack of it is how you lose what you have. Her gaze drifts to a few of the quieter kindred in the room as the thought crosses her mind. 'Well I can say you've succeeded. When I was looking to move yours was the domain furthest from Detroit I reliably heard wasn't unfavourable to the unaligned.' It was why I chose Sacramento.

Jacque gets a polite smile, he certainly came across as being well. Before he genuinely surprises her, the Daeva hadn't expected a compliment. Does it? 'Thank you.' It's as heartfelt a thanks as her not quite functional emotions can manage, it had meant something to her. She nods to his question about settling in. 'Your trust would be well placed, I think I'm settling in very well.' And then one of the opportunities she had been hoping to get from tonight. 'We really should. In fact I have somewhere in mind that should work wonderfully.' With her acceptance of his invitation voiced, and his departure to the chess board she returns full attention to the Prince.

The Daeva ponders that. A lively crowd, something she could get stuck into had always been appealing to her and with recent events, the drag show, she had learned it wasn't just in rock concerts so ... 'Being lively is definitely a huge part of it. The movement, the energy the noise. but ...' A moment just to align her thoughts. 'I'm drawn to those who show dedication, determination are willing to put there all into the things that matter to them.' And that in my human life had meant watching my friends drift away as they started families, settled down, lost their drive. A host of broken promises. Left alone and aimless. 'A crowd going wild, showing their support, embracing the why of what got them out and about. Is that just scaled up.' And I don't need to know their stories just see them in the moment, so I can't be disappointed. 'The faces can be boiled down to archetypes, that's all they are when you don't know them. The interactions the same. Drink, dance, sing and get flirted with. Maybe find a motel afterwards.' Oh wow that's a bit cold for me. 'If you go with good company or get lucky and find someone interesting so much better. But its the living aspect that draws me through the door.' One last pause. 'Unless the event is something I also happen to like, then the why is obvious.' Music. Music drew the Daeva more then anything else. It embodied what she valued, it spoke to her, still even if somewhat muted. 'Or something New.' That she couldn't explain but she had a tiny urge something that made her want to try stuff she had never done before, small enough she could often suppress it, but sometimes it won out. That certainly hadn't been a carry over from her human existence.

Verity nods again its a fair point. 'There's normally somewhere to sneak off to if conversation is what I'm after.' But She was still planning on checking out the prince's bar recommendation and now she had someone in mind to go with. 'I'll have to try a few more bars give them a fair shot.'

Oh the prince is a beer drinker, good stuff, same. 'No I haven't, well not since my diet changed rather dramatically.' Hunger was always in the back of her head, or the front, or all of it, but it wasn't for food so such events tended to slip her radar. 'But if the beers good I'll have to try. Especially if it gives me something to do in the summer. A lot of what I like doing tends to start with the sun up in those months so I miss large parts of it.' They probabaly have music at these things to.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her own dark eyes don’t look over the room, she knew who was there and where they were. “Many Kindred, myself included, start their Danse being unaligned. Being in a Domain where it’s unwelcome hinders growth in my opinion.” And she still didn’t see anything wrong with being unaligned.

Did she appreciate the interruption? No. Would she voice it here and now? No.

“And those are found in nightclubs?” dedication and determination in a nightclub? Maybe at Asylum, but she had a hard time picturing it at a regular club. Politely she listens, though she was aware she didn’t have to, “It’s fascinating what draws Kindred to Kine in such situations. Though I suppose each Kindred is different in what that particular drive is.” Personally? She didn’t have the drive to spend much time with cattle. They’re worries and problems were trivial at best. “Now an interesting Kine? That would truly be something. What makes one interesting to you?” She had yet to encounter one who truly caught her attention. And the whole flirted with angle? Not something she was aware of, it wasn’t something that happened when she went out.

“Bars you wouldn’t normally frequent are usually worth a visit. If anything, to say you went and gave it a shot. I’ve been to a few nightclubs, but it’s just not my environment. If you visit any I recommended, I’d like to hear your thoughts on them.” It was hard to put yourself out there and try to be social and interesting. The Savage was out of practice, but at least she was trying.

“Then you have to take a night this summer and visit one. The vendors seem to switch up what beers they offer each time, and some offer flights, so you can try them all if you want. I recommend those.” Then you didn’t have to keep going back.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

That was less surprising then the prince publicly disclosing even the smallest of personal details. 'That's a very enlightened way of seeing it.' But there's also the catch. 'But also the point. In many domains, the grace period of youth runs out.' Certainly a lot she had passed through to get here. 'There is an ... expectation to make a choice, a commitment. And being seen to not do so, can often be viewed poorly.' Not that I need to worry about that here, if only because precisely no one is even trying to recruit new members or converts. Luckily.

Verity shrugs. 'Depends on the club. Themed ones way more so otherwise yes. It is a little superficial.' But people getting stuck into something, anything was better then quietly rotting away. 'I was at a very enjoyable goth club recently that's a great example everyone there was so into it.' Some had gone all out on the costumes, the dance moves and were so clearly there because it was their scene.

The prince seems to have a habit of getting Verity to think, actually think rather then accept things about herself. And it takes a moment. 'The gym fit spikey hair guy wearing a tight t shirt. Not interesting.' A fist comes to rest under chin as she continues to contemplate. 'The showman, all spotlight confidence that crumbles when put to the test. Not interesting.' Eyes Stop roving. 'The proud know it all, who holds their learning over others. Not interesting.' She's still, corpse still, forgetting to maintain her faux movements. 'The thug who uses violence and threats to get what they want. Not interesting.' The Daeva has unknowingly engaged in some Via negativa, if not about god. 'The entertainer, who plays because the music must be expressed, whose soul is bared in every note. Interesting.' There we go on track. 'The pole dancer who dances for more then money. Because it expresses something fundamental about them in the movement and connects with others. Interesting.' She's trying to keep it to club crowds to defend her stance. 'The person who moves out of beat because they hear something different and aren't afraid to let it guide them. Interesting.' Rare examples but in the crowds they could be found. 'The sex worker to whom its more then a pay check. Its an expression of inner most yearning and desire, participating in something ancient and fundamental. interesting.' She works towards being back to the moment. 'Does that answer your question?' The Daeva still seems contemplative. Clearly other examples on her mind but those are the ones she used dead vocal cords and no longer functioning lungs to give voice to. 'What would you say your grace? what makes one interesting?'

Verity smiles and nods. Coming more fully back into the swing of the conversation. 'Of course.' Eyes flick to the Ventrue Priscus and back. 'I think I just found someone to try out your last recommendation with.' A bar with mermaid shows should be an decent enough setting for our first meeting outside of court.

'Crowds, interesting beer and a night out under the sky. I'm in.' Why not right, the Prince makes it sound like a good time. 'Will you be going this year?' Defiantly sounds like she has been before, and maybe even enjoyed it.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread