Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Table off to the side

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Feb 1, 2024 : (2402)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I wouldn’t be quick to brush of how things were portrayed to you, everyone has opinions on them. Some opinions built on experiences yet to be shared. Either way, I think it’s always wise to form your own opinions based off questions you ask and experiences.” To take someones word for something was dangerous. “Maybe to some, it is a proving ground of sorts.” Just depended on who you asked. A single nod of her head, “In this Domain and in others.” It was what it was.

“Different makeup?” it wasn’t something the Savage had much experience in, “I suppose it’s something that only some of us experience.” She had to learn to do makeup over the years, it had been a frustrating lesson. Now she could hire someone if she wanted to, but it was usually just a red lip for her. A questioning look, “Do what differently? Change your appearance?” just how fucking young was she?

“I’ve meet numerous Kindred in my time, never once have I asked their age. Just seems like a rude question to ask. Those that have been around for quite some time are not eager to advertise it. It puts them at risk, their Vitae being potent and a way to advance your own Danse. They are the Kindred that move behind the scenes, running empires with shadow names and lives. So I don’t know if any Kindred I’ve met has been around for as long as you say. All I know is how long I’ve been around and the risks that come with it.” She was sure there were some Kindred centuries upon centuries old. They were smart and puppeted others.

A knowing look, a tiny smirk, “You never know who is an Elder and who isn’t usually. So you may very well have spoken with one.”

Chuckling, “Did I though? It’s just a fleeting hobby, something I’ve found that soothes the mind over the years.” Maybe music does tame the savage beast. “Detroit?” a frown as she thought about it, “I don’t think so. The name is familiar, so I might have passed through in my younger years. Why? Worth a visit?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity slowly shakes her head. 'I wasn't. Just noting the way you describe it appeals to me a little more.' The truth. Probably something totally different from either. The two very different opinions simply wisdom wearing different faces. But neither would compel her in any direction she didn't want to go. She nods just as slowly as she had shaken her head. After all isn't that exactly how I'm treating it? 'It's in our nature I suppose.' To deceive and get a leg up.

Maybe I have something to teach you here. Verity runs a finger across her lower lip in theory smearing it with purple, but clamping down on the mark with her thumb before showing it to the prince. 'Have you seen this before?' When she lets go no smear is seen just a tiny amount of ash that drifts from between finger and thumb. 'Every night I wake to the exact same make up fully replenished. Regardless of what happens to me. The same I was wearing the night of my embrace.' She can still vaguely remember putting it on. 'It's as much a part of my kindred physiology as my fangs or unbeating heart.' She watches the tiny flakes drift down. Before looking up maybe a little to sharply. 'We can change our appearance.' Verity had seen it. 'Mum's does, she ages.' Just really slowly, but she does it somehow.

From the shadows like you for example? 'I know the risks of others knowing your age. Your exploitable for one reason or another.' For gain in power or personnel. 'But that goes to show my point I think. We perish, maybe not to time itself but we do. Existing as if you will last forever when the likelihood is otherwise still seems like squandering to me, long and meaningless to the kines short and meaningless.' Kine and kindred alike can choose to be worth paying attention to. Or to waste away what they have.

Verity gives a small shrug. 'True.' To an extent. 'But the air of judging, superiority and unwillingness to give time to younger kindred can give it away in some cases.' Not all I have no doubt. But many.

'If you've stuck at it, then yes you've made something of it. Made it your own.' You certainly don't maintain or play a piano for your mums social groups anymore. 'Detroit is the domain I'm originally from.' She made no secret of it. Verity stops her self from saying. The one were you expressed thoughts about the prince being weak. 'It has a great club called Harlow's, its pretty famous you might have heard of that?'
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I just always find it important to tell others to form their own opinions on things.” Being a parrot for your Sire was just exhausting and a waste. Even she had changed her views since her Sire.

The Savage looks unimpressed, “Each Clan have their own secrets, perhaps what you are experiencing is simply a Clan thing.” A shrug. Then a laugh, “Never said it was impossible to change appearance, only that it comes at a great sacrifice. I can add to my ink if I want, but I don’t see the need to.” The sharp look was meet with one of her own, except hers promised pain and suffering, “If she can age, then congratulations to her.” Was it impressive to the Savage? No, it was probably a Daeva thing, or maybe a Bloodline. But she was content to not age, let those who can, do it.

“We perish because others want power. Until they get it, then they realize it wasn’t all they dreamed it would be.” Power is great to desire, but something different when you held it in your hand. “I’ve always been of the mindset to exist for whatever reasons drive you.” She didn’t care why others existed.

“I don’t think so. Some Kindred just don’t enjoy being social or spending their time on meaningless conversations. I’ve come across young Kindred who I wonder if they were Embraced as a joke, with no education on Kindred Society, and those are just not worth the effort. Positively exhausting. So some keep to themselves, pretty simple if you ask me.” It came down to personality and personal experience.

“It’s been a hobby that has been easy to maintain.” You could always find a piano to play if you knew who to ask. Nodding at the mention of it being the Domain she was from, curious if there was a point. A moment to think over the name, “Doesn’t ring a bell, should it?”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

'It's good advice.' It is after all. 'Questions and experiences are best.' Agreeing with the Prince. 'But the opinions of others has a place as well.' Their experiences being likely outside your own. 'If only to challenge your own ideas.' Much as the Princes point of view had challenged Verity's disposition.

A light shrug. 'Maybe.' She had just done it in answer to the questioning tone about her make up. If so I picked something up that none of my immediate family has. Oh but you did, never say never. 'Then I misunderstood what you were referring to by a body builder would never exceed their muscles at time of embrace.' Because we can get stronger, and our appearance can change, so what then? Puipls go wide, fear threatens. The Daeva holds the look only long enough to say she had registered and understood, to take ownership of her error, before dipping her gaze, unable and unwilling to match the princes. I'm going to get myself in serious trouble one night, I have to be more careful. 'When do you? add to your tattoos I mean.' Latching onto the topic the prince brought up.

'What ever the reason we perish we do.' I think that actually supports my point? 'Whatever reason yes sure. That doesn't make it an existence well spent.' Kindreds reasons can be just a foolish, just as wasteful or just as empty as any kine. The hamster wheel of motion that keeps them in motion yes, but not moving forward. 'The difference between existence and growth is subtle but vast.' And I have no plans to stagnate.

Was that aimed at me? Verity well aware of her failings and what she lacks can't help but wonder how obvious such things come across. But you don't strike as one who would waste time on something or someone you deem meaningless. 'That's not what I meant.' A slight shake of her head. 'Being unsocial is personal business, something I have no issue with.' Definitely not my cup of tea but everyone is different. 'It's those who berate younger kindred for a mistake or lack of something that they themselves had to be taught at one point.' Because we all did and there's so much some Sires will miss things. 'Those who make time to mock and judge but won't give it to correct or advise.' They're the ones with a problem after all.

'Exactly.' As if some point had been proved. You didn't maintain it just to entertain others. 'Harlow's is a massive rock and metal club.' She could picture it, faintly hear a muted crowd. 'Converted from an old cinema. Its great.' The only thing I can find round here even close is the ace of spades. 'You asked if I wanted to pursue any musical endeavours. I would like to be able to perform like that.' Had she needed to paint the picture over so long, bait it with several questions, no. But doing so served a purpose. Also a perfectly safe want to express for all to hear.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was simply a shrug, Ale had never held the opinions of others in high regard. Everyone had an opinion, and most of it was rooted in anger, jealously, or some other bullshit. She would, of course, hear them, but they were mostly dismissed.

“Might be something worth looking into if it’s something that truly bothers you.” Which is sounds like it did. “Worst comes to worse, you have new knowledge you didn’t have before. Best case? You have the answers you seek.” So what was there to lose? Too bad Twist had left, she would probably have the perfect reply. “I could have worded it better.” The error on her end just as much. “But yes, the physical appearance of their muscles will always remain the same. I could wake up one night and decide to cut all my hair off, only to fall asleep and wake up with it all grown back.” It was just what they were now. “It’s been quite a few years since I’ve added to them, maybe a good ten or twenty years.” There just hadn’t been anything important enough to add.

“You see, most of the mistakes young Kindred make, are ones that could have been avoided with proper education. Some Embrace and then let them figure things out on their own. And then end up offending the wrong Kindred and put down. There is something to be said for being quiet and observing the behavior of those around you, watching how others act, speak and address others. Some of us managed to navigate the minefield that is Kindred world and politics without making a scene. There is teaching someone the basics of navigating Court and having to take time out of your evening to teach them basic common fucking sense. Most of don’t have the time nor the patience. It’s not my job to educate someone where their Sire absolutely failed.” Nor would it ever be her job. You can’t teach common sense and she could careless if it made her a bitch or heartless. “I won’t educate, I have more important things to do, but I will correct and handle it.” And she didn’t care if anyone had an issue with it.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Truly bother me?It doesn’t.’ I only brought it up as an example. ‘It’d just be nice to change it once in a while.’ If only to actually see the effects of blushing properly. ‘But knowing wouldn’t be a bad thing.’ Now who to ask? 'That is something that interests me. The distinction between cosmetic changes no matter how meaningful, and physical.’ How does it know where to draw the line, why does it some cases like mine it have a more pronounced effect then others? Green eyes carefully skim what tattoos are visible. ‘So its a time thing? not based on occasion..’ Most Kine get tattoos because they mean or symbolize something, are you not the same then? a way to mark your passage of time perhaps?

Surely that’s effected by how we define a proper education.As long as it keeps the traditions, there is value in learning through experience.’ Beyond the traditions and hunting its how I’ve had, to mum got bored within a few weeks. ‘I would hazard that’s one of many differences between us, you and others who rule have to make those difficult decisions, have so much more riding on what you do and the outcomes. While those with less experience like me, see final death for a social faux pas as excessive.’ Because that’s insane. Losh disrespected me at the ally and I’m not planning to kill him.

Now there’s the irony, eternals not having time. ‘You teach plenty, without even trying.’ In her own way agreeing with what the prince said about the importance of observation. I’ve learned more from talking with you then most other kindred I’ve met, and we’ve only talked twice. Such as how different two princes can be, and that when dealing with a new one you might as well through what you think you know out the window.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing it didn’t bother her, “That’s good. And I can understand the want to be able to change when you wanted a different look. If I could direct you to someone who might have answers, I would. But the question has never come up before, so I don't know where to send you.” And it was true, if Ale had an answer or a name, she would share it with the Daeva.

Shaking her head, “It’s not a time thing, it’s just there has not been anything significant, in my opinion, to justify the cost. Think of it this way, you could get a tattoo right now, but without the sacrifice required, it would be gone tomorrow night.” Everything Ale had inked after being Embraced had come at a cost. “But should there be something worthy, I wouldn’t hesitate to get it inked.” But it would need to be very important, getting ink now was a sacrifice, one Verity doesn’t seem to understand yet.

A thoughtful look, “Yes, there is value in learning through experience. But there is also value to learning through willful ignorance. Well, value for those who get to witness it.” Being a Savage and socially awkward, she got it. “When you rule you have to weigh numerous factors into how you handle such matters. I’m more understanding and more apt to give someone a second chance so long as they accept their error and learn from it. Now, Final Death for a social faux pas is not unheard of, but, in my handling of such a thing, there has been second chances. I’ve seen Princes issue Final Death for not laughing at a joke they made. I prefer to let people rectify their mistakes and behavior. Unfortunately, there will always be those who think they are above everything and refuse to learn.” Then, well, the Roomba took care of them.

“If I’m able to teach something, I’m glad.” But it still wasn’t her job.

Dark eyes look over the room as Cain seems to get a bit antsy. By antsy, it meant him looking to Ale, he knew the hour was drawing late. “The night is drawing late, and I have some matters to attend to.” What those matters were, she didn’t say. Standing, “But I thank you for this talk, I quite enjoyed it.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

With so few in the domain it is not surprise that a fabled kindred make up expert is not present. 'I appreciate the sentiment. Maybe I'll approach a member of the Ordo Dracul see if they know something? they have a reputation for being well informed on this kind of thing.' Well the only one I have spent any serious time with in this domain asked me about my occult experiences within two sentences of our first conversation so he is at least.

Oh so it is like the kine tradition. That's neat. 'I see.' I know about the resetting hence the make up, but if you can dye your skin, maybe I can do similar with mine? 'That has given me an idea. Thank you.' Verity wants to ask what events transpired to merit getting some of the tattoos impressive as they are. But knows if its anything personal the odds of it being spoken about publicly are slim to none. Thus restrains herself for now.

Having been a beneficiary of one such second chance Verity doesn't need to take the prince at her word. And that she hasn't chastised my choice of attire tonight which means hopefully I have learned from it, that I have got it within acceptable margins. 'Something I and others are undoubtedly grateful for.' The idea of losing her head just because she had underdressed seemed a little more real and very unappealing. If I had been somewhere else. 'If someone refuses to learn, well that's their choice.' And on their heads be it.

Verity will also stand, and then bow to the prince. 'Of course Prince Antinori. And Thank you likewise I have enjoyed this thoroughly.' I could have done without the chain around my neck, but opportunity through adversity and all that. 'Have a lovely rest of your night.' And the social capital just to be seen publicly conversing with you should help balance things out. Verity will wait for the Prince to determine the exact moment this encounter ends either by leaving or dismissing the daeva before she makes her way out.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread