Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Small nod, “Ah. Guess we were just born in a different time, a time when you don’t give up on something because it fails the first time. Imagine how history and the advancement of technology the like would look like then?” laughing, it would be a mess. “Oh, I ended deciding I liked the cabinets better without doors and went with a more open layout. The ceiling was a bit of a hassle, scrubbed as much as I could and went with an off-white color to kinda blend it in. Worked with what I had.” Turned it into her own.

Thinking about how he describes them, “Oh!! I’ve seen those before! If I remember right, they’re not expensive to play, and there are people who think they’ve figured out a system for them. Played a couple here and there, but I’m not a gambler.” Even when she had been an Acanthus, gambling was not her thing.

“A favorite? Definitely Mortal Combat, hands down, no questions asked. Used to play the shit out of it while on the road when I was younger. Was never any good, but I always had fun! Even dressed up as a female Scorpion last Halloween.” She loved that costume, more then her Harley Quinn one. “How about you?” there was no game that came to mind when she thought about it for him. He didn’t strike her as video game type. “You really should! Even the outdoor patio has some various lawn games.” Was a good time.

“Odd can be interesting.” She’d give it a look.

Nodding, “There was a time when chance was always on my side, and I loved seeing what it would throw my way. But seems the older I get, the less in my court it seems to be.” Joking…of course. “That’s true, same general theme with zoos. But what I think makes each one different and fun, is the way they setup the enclosures and enrichment.”

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He gives a half nod. 'It would appear that is the case.' He listens. 'That depends, do you subscribe to the idea that history is defined by the action of a few small great pioneers. Da Vinci, Al Ghazali, Martin Luther. And so on.' Either one or Both. 'Or that it is more of a collective effort.' One model mimics what we see now, the other suggests a more optimistic out look. 'Because the bulk of people are forgotten by history. They left no mark.' And yet matter so very much. He sounds almost saddened by that idea.

He grins a little as she gets it though. 'No they aren't. But they can be addictive if your not carful quickly putting in a lot of small coins adds up.' Second hand experience speaking. 'I don't mind a wager now and then but it has to be something I'm involved in. Competitions, contests things like that.' Briefly recalling the Antique fair. The wager had enhanced the experience rather then made it worse. That was fun. 'If anyone has figured out that system they'd be rich either from winning or selling it, not bragging about it.' There was a system he had no doubt. I do question the legitimacy of anyone bragging to have worked it our without a demonstration first.

'Now that is a classic.' Just not one I'm very familiar with. 'I never managed to get into fighting games all that much though.' But that didn't mean he was without a favourite. 'House of the dead.' Kind of fitting in retrospect. 'Young me spent a lot of time learning to shoot and cover with an infra red gun.' Whose sights where not quite aligned. 'Oh and time crisis.' Unable to decide between them. Shame those hours didn't translate to any actual skill. 'That sounds cool, shame you weren't around for Halloween there was a pretty great party a local hotel put on.' And watching Witch have what looked like her first cocktail experience was rather amusing.

That gets a shrug. 'Maybe its just balancing out.' Fate liked to do that. 'Swings and roundabouts that kind of thing.' He nods she had a point. 'Well I tend to put any day out I take on the club corkboard.' Now that makes it sound mundane. 'So as when if your free by all means.' It always nice to have company.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh, now that is an excellent question! I believe the great pioneers set the stage, showed others what was possible. Then, as a collective effort, others came together to build on it. So a little of column A and column B, I don’t think it can be ascribed to just a handful of people. And you’re right, the bulk of people are forgotten by history, those considered small by comparison, but who made just as important contributions. Everyone, in my opinion, leaves a mark on history and the world.” Some were wondrous, some were not. But each was a mark.

Smirking, “I can see that, and figure they’re designed to be that way, bright lights, lots of noise, and just the right amount of reward to keep you going back for a bigger reward.” No thanks. “I’ve placed bets here and there; I just don’t like how the odds are against you unless you have a decent understanding of what you’re betting on.” And lady luck wasn’t really on her side anymore.

“For me it’s because they’re pretty mindless. Sure, there are combos, but for the life of me, I can never remember them, I just push the buttons and hope for the best.” Laughing, “It’s fun, but not for everyone.” Eyes widen slightly, “I know that one! That was a blast! I sucked at it, couldn't hit anything, but it was still fun! Came across an arcade a while ago that had it sort of boxed in, so more immersive, was so much fun!” with jump scares. “Time crisis?” thinking the name over, “Doesn’t ring a bell. What was it about the games you enjoyed?” it was interesting to hear what drew people to specific games. “Halloween is such a fun holiday! Well, I’ll be here this year, so expect to see me out having a blast!” it was the whole dressing up and getting to be someone else. “Was the hotel haunted by any chance? Because that would just sell the whole thing.” Someone should totally do that.

“Hmm, maybe. Everything needs to be in balance.” Give and take…Fate and chance. “I’ll keep an eye out then, would be good to get out. Same goes for you, I’ll toss up on the board when I hit that bar or the arcade bar.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He mulls over her well reasoned response. 'How so? if you don't mind me asking.' It is something I agree with, a fundamental part of my legacy after all. 'How do you think the forgotten masses mark the world?' No record mentions them, their bloodlines die out or change so significantly it matters not. Everything they made turns to dust and ruin and every life they impacted snuffed out in its own turn. And yet they existed. For which we should be so grateful.

Willing to have some fun but not be unnecessarily in excess, very good. 'A wise approach to take. Its a fools game to bet on that which you have no understanding.' I think we're going to get long rather well.

He also chuckles. 'It's a game, it purpose to be enjoyed however that manifests for the person playing it.' No judgement from me if called to play a fighting game, press and pray would my method also. 'Now this will sound odd.' Given he was a comfortably waited man entering the early stages of his middle life and not visibly athletic. 'But high paced, action, with sufficient challenge to overcome and with enough practice you could get good at it fairly quickly.' He had been a child, the dopamine of beating a section of the game or a boss that had stumped him prior was all it had taken. 'Time crisis was in the same vein, laser gun shooter, just super government agent vs the assorted super villains.' Wild dog came to mind. 'A series of them came out and this one villain with a machine gun for an arm always showed up somewhere.' Simpler times. 'They might still be around but I'd almost dread to play. I must be so rusty.' He chuckles again in jest. It would fun to see just how much rust there is.

He thinks. 'I don't think so I'm afraid.' Not that I detected anyway. 'Just by the various ghosts and ghouls out to party.' He nods with a smile. Now that's an early booking but alright Halloween party it is.

Hang on someone else is going to use the board. A wave of satisfaction flows through the Necromancer. Progress, slow, steady but progress. 'Yes likewise I'll keep an eye out. Seems we've managed to plan out quite the summer ahead of ourselves. I look forward to it.' And he very much did. Having another socially active mage around felt like a step in the right direction.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Each great advancement in humanity was achieved by someone dreaming big, then executing it. Other, like-minded people, see how marvelous that advancement was, and thus seek to improve on it. It’s a cycle, and it only takes someone being in awe of what others have done to keep it going.” Being well spoken wasn’t really her thing, but she tried. “By simply being that, the forgotten. No one is truly forgotten, there will always be someone, somewhere, who will remember them. And they’ll tell stories to their friends over beer or whatnot. Their mark is the ability to leave a lasting impression.” And at the end of the day, that’s all they can all hope to do.

“And I’m no fool.” Laughing, “I know the odds are always in the houses favor, the games are not meant for us to win but for the house to make money. And I bust my ass for my money.” She wasn’t giving it to some greedy machine.

Smirking, “I love odd.” After all, they were Awakened, they dealt in odd every day. “Now that is odd!” with a hint of a smile, “And I’m sure I could get good at the game with enough practice, but,” a shrug, “I don’t know, I just like winging it hoping for the best. I think it’s more fun. Plus, if I got good at it, who would play against me?” that would be a problem. “Ok, now I have to find out of that place has it! Cause if they do, we’re playing it!” laughing, “Rusty or not, it’ll be fun!”

Frowning, “That’s too bad, it would have added a great atmosphere to the party.” Well, for those who could see ghosts and spirits.

“What is summer without some fun plans to look forward to!”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He considers her words, they are arguments he has heard before. 'I'm afraid I have to disagree.' Some examples perhaps. 'Who now recalls the names of those buried when Lisbon came crashing down?' Starting with something famous. 'Who still talks of the butlers and serving staff of Victorian manners with any familiarity?' People that enabled and supported some of the great minds. 'Who now calls to memory the homeless and the destitute who passed in the cold and the dark from any age or era, their faces, dream or character?' The truly forgotten masses. He sighs. 'And yet you are right, they did exist and it matters. It matters a great deal.' It's a shame the order is usually so focused on not letting the magic here and now slip through our fingers rather then recovering that which has passed us by. Still that's what I'm for.

He chuckles lightening up. 'Maybe we should reach out to that person who thinks they have solved it.' To be fair they might well have and just others like me don't give it credit. They could have found the truth of it.

He shrugs. 'Games are to played with people I think. Contests are for when you want to face off.' And not everything in life has to be a contest. He smiles. 'That sounds like a good time.' Go to the graveyard leave with arcade plans not how I saw my day going, nice surprise though. 'Besides if you do get good I'd still play. Matching against those better then you prompts improvement in the self.' As long as your not to proud to take a series of beatings in exchange.

'There's always next year.' Although I won't be adding an actual ghost to the festivities that has the potential for bedlam and breaches of secrecy.

'Well last Summer was just Hot. I tired to do a few things, but it was just oppressive.' Which it could well again this year. 'But I also had other things to focus on.' Settling in and such.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Disagree? Ok, now she was curious. “The what? The Lisbon?” what was the Lisbon? Should she know what that was? “Ah, well, there might not be familiarity, but there is still curiosity about them, what they must have seen, what secrets they might have kept. And for you to mention them, tells me they are remembered.” Sure, not as anything famous. “History and humanity are not perfect, there are those who slip by unknown and not remembered. But no one is truly faceless, there is always someone, somewhere, who remembers.” And she would always believe that.

Smiling, “Do you think they would be easy to track down? I know if I figured something like that out, I’d go out of my way to not be found. I would think the creators of the game would want to talk to them.” And maybe more.

A shrug, “Friendly competition can be fun, with the right people and circumstances. I just always want to have fun when out and playing games. But glad to hear if my skills improve, you’d still play! So I shall offer the same to you!” cause why not.

“You know? You’re right! I know I’ll be looking forward to it.” And maybe, someone will throw a party at an actual haunted location. Or…maybe she could, and that got the gears turning.

“Heat can ruin any good day, especially when it’s oppressive. But hey! Could always get those fans you see on the late-night infomercials! It sits around your neck and mists you with cold water!” laughing, “They look like they might work. Or could just stick to places that are indoors with ac and cold drinks.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

To poetic? or did I just get to obscure? 'The Lisbon Earthquake was a fairly famous catastrophe back in the mid eightieth century. It was what you and I might call a genuine calamity. Voltaire wrote a social commentary on it at the time in the form of a poem.' Maybe why I got poetic. He shrugs. 'For me to say I remember them would be a lie I know nothing about them other then the broadest of associations. Less can be said of the homeless dying a thousand years ago I just assume they did I know nothing of it or them.' Claiming to know them would feel like a lie. 'But just because they are forgotten, that does not mean they are not still important.' He will concede that point but say no more here it would be difficult.

He chuckles. 'Do you think it's the same people as set the crane game systems?' A rather better known exploit. 'The people who come knocking on the door dressed as giant plushies or in fruit costumes?' Because fruit machines. Its a silly idea but seems to found its mark with the Necromancer.

'Then it sounds like we have a friendly competition of our own, no matter who gets the upper hand we don't give in.' He can appreciate a challenge like that and someone to do it with. Considering how many fluffy quotes exist about building each other up it's telling I can't bring any to mind.

He stops about to respond. 'You know I haven't seen those sorry. But its no worries because I'll stick to the cold drinks regardless.' A better way to cool down he did not know. 'Either way hopefully this summer won't be quite as unforgiving.' Something tells me not to get my hopes up.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shrug and shake of her head, “Sorry, never heard of it.” It sounded like it was important, but she’d never spent much time with historic events. Maybe she should? Seemed they would just go in circles about the faceless masses, with her thinking everyone had an impact. It wasn’t important enough to her to keep the discussion going.

Thoughtful for a moment, “You know, they just might be! That game is such a rip off, I swear they weigh the toys down or some shit.” Such a waste of money! Laughing, “Oh man, that would be a nightmare!” finding it hilarious.

“You’re on.” It could be fun.

“I’ve never seen one in person, only on infomercials. But there is logic to the design I think.” You just look ridiculous. “But yah, cold drinks are the best way to go.”

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He just smiles warmly trying to convey it was of no consequence. 'Nothing to apologise for, there's a lot of history to be aware of, we can't be expected to have read about it all.' And I don't doubt you could school me in American History. 'You learn anything interesting about Paris while you were over there?' Saying that there is plenty about Europe I don't know either.

Continuing to laugh. 'It's the claws I reckon.' Caught in the good mood he mimes a claw with his hand. 'Given how flimsy some of those look its hard to imagine anyone winning.' What was one in every however many pays out, and I don't see what else they could rig.

He nods. Challenge accepted.

Trying to picture it. 'So if it's a neck fan, how would that pair with long hair or say a beard? bit of a tangle I reckon.' Honestly it sounds like one of those fad inventions to me.
    Health
    Mana

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread