DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The look he gives coneys he should have realized that and didn't, consequently he's chucking at himself internally. 'You clearly know a lot more about beer then I do.' Which thinking about was surprisingly little for something he consumed regularly. 'I know I like bitters but haven't gotten into the swing of seasonal beers and the like. What makes a beer seasonal?' Mead now that sparks a recent blurry memory of a bad decision. 'Have you heard of an English monastery called Lindisfarne. They have been making mead the same way there fore a very long time.' It was a tourist fact, he didn't actually know how they did it. 'Might be worth a look?' See how others do it any all. 'That's a shame so many good stories, just utter nonsense then.' He doesn't look put out. Its important to know what's enforced by the lie and so we can see things that aren't and cultivate them.

He nods everyone starts somewhere after all and usually with less then they have as they progress. 'Experience and need are perhaps the best educators to have ever graced this world, with their knowledge.' This world being the key part because who knew how it really was back when. 'Don't play down what you can do.'

He hadn't addressed it first because he wanted to see if a different answer came to him, but it hadn't. 'Hopping back on the topic of languages, apologies for dropping it. If and or when I do get to it I guess I would start with Sanskrit.' Given his fascination with the religious and cultural systems of India it had seemed the obvious answer. 'Arabic or Greek.' Pause for thought. 'Both very interesting. Have you considered Aramaic? its a dead language and would be very hard to learn but a precursor to Arabic.' Depends how useful that would be not a lot of Aramaic texts lying around these days.

'For those who don't favor book learning I agree.' For those who learnt best from books then do that. 'Well my only questions to you are have you enjoyed doing it? and have you found it beneficial? If yes to both then fantastic.' He shakes his head side to side. 'A branch of the book club insisted I keep doing. But I am glad they did.'

Apparently I've been over looking circus events. They weren't really the academic, death focused mages scene so its not surprising. Something I will have to remedy it seems. 'Now that sounds like a lesson learned from experience.'
    Health
    Mana

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Double posted for some reason I'm going to blame hotel wifi edited to have this message the 2nd they were identical. Apologies
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smirk, “Anything I know is from brewing it and trial and error. Was there something you wanted to know about beer?” she was no expert, far from it, she just had a hobby that was making it. “Oh! Bitters are great when done right, I’ve had some that were more bitter than flavor, and I don’t like those. The balance has to be there.” Some got it, some didn’t. “A few things make a beer seasonal. For example, you tend to see lighter and refreshing ales in summer and darker, more complex beers in the winter. But they also incorporate ingredients specific for the season and to pair with seasonal meals. Different malts are also used to cultivate unique flavors.” Darker malts and such. “Uh, I can’t say I have. But a place using the same recipe and technique that works isn’t unheard of. And I’d be willing to look them up. My issues have been finding the right balance of honey and fermenting time.” It had been an adventure.

“I think some of forgotten the value of life lessons. With the ability to look anything up from our fingertips, some forget just experiencing life.” Laughing, “If you saw what I could sew you would downplay it as well. It’s more to get through the current show, nothing that would win any awards for looking good.” And she was ok with that.

A smirk as she shook her head, “All good.” Curious what he wanted to say. “Now there is a language, not one many know about.” But not one she had considered learning. “I have, but like you pointed out, it’s a dead language, and finding materials is a bit difficult. I’ve reached out to a few different schools, looking for copies of what they have, but it’s not the easiest thing to do.” It was nice to have someone understand a bit about languages.

“Enjoyed what, learning various languages? Very much. It’s been rewarding to push myself and what learning what I can do with effort.” An understanding nod, “I had looked into the languages for the book club, looking to find a way to contribute and stand out. I wasn’t the most traditional member when I joined, so I wanted to prove my worth.” Sure, being a Life and Spirit Master gave her an edge, but it wasn’t enough for her.

“It certainly is! When you introduce things like fire, having the event outside helps with the permits. Having them in parks when there is already an event going on, brings in more revenue, off setting the costs.”

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Was there? he shrugs. 'You covered the only real question that comes to mind for the moment. But if anything comes up I know who to ask.' And it all goes back to that doesn't it. he grins at how well the conversation topic turned out. 'A good example to support the idea of experience being the best teacher.' Well that assumes she's good at it. But the Sharman came off so confident that Chambers believed she was. 'Oh yes a beer can be to bitter. But it can be to far the other way as well.' He knew that hops made beer, in that he knew hops went into beer, no more then that. 'I see. I had no idea so much went into it. So spring is round the corner what would you say is a good spring beer?' Wanting to give it a try and see if he can spot the differences. He shrugs. 'Can't hurt to have a look worst case your no further forward.' Or she could not whatever she preferred.

'It's said ignorance is bliss but a little knowledge is dangerous.' He ponders. 'We both know the first is not true being blind to a problem does not make it go away. But the second seems to be proving itself doesn't it. So much surface level knowledge so easily available making the world lazy and content.' Not how knowledge should be used, why it must be respected. He shrugs not willing to fight her on it, she had a skill many had lost or never bothered to learn in any measure, to him that was cool.

Dead and thus of high importance. 'If I happened across anything.' Very unlikely but in studies of philosophy and the occult not impossible. 'Would you be interested?' If she had her heart set elsewhere he it didn't bother him, he'd keep it.

'Most traditional?' Maybe its because he had visited Athenaeums in a few countries but his experience hadn't led him to form a archetypical image yet. 'That's the joy of books so many genres, and styles. Everyone can have heir own interests and favourites.' While the order does encourage as much wide learning as possible everyone has their Sophiad after all. 'That you enjoy it and it challenges you, is all it needs. I encountered a book club dedicated to Finnigan's Wake a little bit ago.' Literally the book. Wouldn't say why but there you go. 'Value can be found in every page.' And between every line.

He chuckles. 'Well it seems lessons well learnt.' If it took her to Paris and the envy of every performer. 'Your really starting to sell me on these shows you know.'
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shoulder shrugs, “Sure.” Just as he understood she was not an expert, and was winging it most of the time. Snorting as she laughed, “Oh, isn’t that the truth! Should have seen one of my first batches in my loft, I blew off my cabinet doors.” Laughing at the memory, “Was a huge fucking mess, but I sure as hell learned from it and it’s never happened again.” An example of experience being the best teacher. “Yes, it can be too much on the other end. Either too hoppy or too sweet. It’s a delicate balance.” And not everyone got it. “For spring? Hmmm, I usually go with a good IPA, Hefeweizen, or even a saison. But it depends on what you’re looking for. And it depends on what the bars have in.” some don’t have much of a selection. “There is a great bar downtown that offer flights of beer, and they always have a great selection of seasonals, so I say head there, and sample a few different ones.” That was easier.

“Oh, isn’t that the truth.”
    Ignorance was not bliss. Thinking on the next part of the saying, and what he, well, said on it, “You know, I can see the truth in that as well. Even a basic knowledge is dangerous.” Scary thing.

“I wouldn’t say no to the material, and would begin immediate study of it.”
    So yeah, she’d be interested. But what connections did he have that she didn’t?

Nodding, “When I first joined, I felt very out of place, I had nothing to contribute. Not many would have taken a chance on me, and for reasons I could explain in a more private setting.” Or maybe it was because she didn’t think too highly of her own intelligence. Eyebrow raises, “Seriously?” smirking, “I would have loved to have sat down with them.” She was always the curious one.

“I’d be a fool if I said my shows were for everyone, because, well, they’re not. But I’m always of the mind to give everything a fair chance. Afterall, how can you know if you don’t like something if you don’t see it or experience it?”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He winces on behalf of her misfortune, and chuckles only able to imagine. 'That must have made a bit of a racket.' Anything with enough force to blow things of hinges about can't be a fun surprise. 'What brew was going at the time?' And just because he was curious. 'And what caused it to blow?' Never know when loud noises can be useful. Although if you need a whole set up to make it happen not exactly time sensitive. 'Do you have a preference between bitter and sweet?' He listens with interest. 'Which bar? I'll have to give it a try.' Why not right.

He tucks hands into pockets. Just for warmth. While it wasn't really cold out, he had been out long enough he had started to feel it. 'Which is in part why we do what we do.' Guard knowledge from those not ready to know it, even ourselves.

Nodding. 'I wouldn't hold you breath. You got it right to say its very rare but I'll keep a more attentive eye open.' In all likely hood I won't get anything but it is always good to know what to be on the look out for. Filing the task away onto his back burner to do list.

He gives a neutral glance and smile, just to say he had heard and understood. 'I didn't get the chance we were both passing through the same city, heading our separate ways.' He would elaborate later.

'Wise words.' Because they were how can you know if you didn't. 'You have any coming up?' Outdoor fire shows and festivals sounded like a summer thing.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Scoffing, “It was a rude ass way to wake up, that’s for sure.” But laughs, cause looking back on it, it was funny. “But I got to redo the kitchen and learned a couple important lessons in using carboys.” So a win win her mind. “Uh,” trying to remember, “I’m not sure specifically, but it must have been something simple and basic, it was back when I was first doing it on my own. Maybe a red ale?” those were super easy. “The yeast I was using produced carbon dioxide at such a rate that the airlock couldn’t allow the gas to escape efficiently. Hence it blowing. The remedy is simple, a blow-off tube, and having a larger carboy to leave a little extra open space for expansion and gases.” But from what she knew, and those she had talked to, it happened to everyone when brewing. “Hmmm, that’s a tough one, both are good. But if I had to pick one, I would probably go with the bitter.” As to which bar? “Pangaea Bier Café has the best seasonal selection in town, over one hundred to choose from. But if you want a good beer or mixed drink with the best entertainment? Then Coin-Op Game Room is the place for you. Think of it as an adult arcade with all the arcade games from the 80s and 90s, always a great time.” She’d enjoy going there, and might head there this weekend maybe.

“Thanks! Really nice of you to do that.” Maybe they’d work well together after all.

A sigh, “Isn’t that always the case?” right place but wrong time.

“Nothing written in stone yet, but once the weather warms out, I’ll be looking into various events. Anything exciting planned on your end with the weather warms up?”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He listens dutifully. It was always a pleasure to listen to anyone talk about their craft. She clearly knows her stuff. He being an occultist not a scientist, would have had difficulty solving issues with expanding gases and reaction by products. But she makes it sound easy. 'At least you were in to solve it quickly.' Sure waking up to that must suck but better then coming home to it. 'That's very impressive.' he meant it. 'A lot of people would have given up there.' She has resolve. 'And you might say the remedy is simple, but I wouldn't have thought of it.' Well unlikely my solutions tend to be a little out of left field when pushed to it.

He pulls a small pad of paper out and jots down both names. 'I haven't made it to either so thanks.' Two more days out for my list. 'And blimey I can not remember the last time I was in an arcade.' Certainly never in the states. 'What does the average American arcade have in it? Do you have 2p machines, or their equivalent?' The most basic of machines that had easily given him the most fun as a child. 'Most of the British ones are seaside towns and derelict during most of the year. Mostly crane games and fruit machines.' With the occasional good one to be found that had real games. 'Oh and really old bowling alleys. By that I mean so old it was before the balls had the three finger grips.' Just a fun coloured shot put you rolled down the lane.

He smiles. 'Of course.' Always happy to lend a hand.

He shrugs good naturedly. 'If it was for me, then it would have been.' No skin of his nose for not. No my path seems to be on this side of the pond for the foreseeable future. 'You ever read Finnigan's wake?' He hadn't, but had heard it made an interesting book.

He laughs a little. Involuntarily. Written in stone, because we're in a cemetery, very good. 'Me? I don't tend to plan much honestly. I see what's going on each week and decide if I want to go. For some of the bigger events sure like the speaker series on going I've got a season ticket to see them all.' Not everyone's idea of a good time that was for sure. 'I think a trip to the zoo sounds like a good idea.' We are meant to be watching the city after all, go where the people are.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Eh, I’m not sure it was a quick as it sounds. It was some trial and error then contact some local breweries to get advice. I’d never seen it happen, had heard about it, but hadn’t put much thought into it. So it was a learning experience.” And one she never forgot. “Impressive? Learning from my mistakes or getting to redo my kitchen? Both were worth it.” She didn’t like cabinet doors anyways. A shrug, “Giving up isn’t how I do things. Was it frustrating and did it piss me off? Yes. But, a lot of things we take on will test us.” Laughing, “It was simple after I got some advice and learned what I did wrong. But we all start somewhere.” She figured anyone would have sough advice of those better trained.

The Shamans face lights up, “Right?! That’s how I felt when I came across it and it doesn’t disappoint! They have all the originals!” she loved that place, “Some of the basics and originals like Pac Man and Tetris, but also Mortal Combat and Street Fighter, up to four players actually! They even have some I’d never come across, but are soo much fun!” giggling, “They have some crane games for those stuffed toys and such, but not sure about a fruit machine?” did it have, like, fruit? “Bowling? There’s something I haven’t done in years! Haven’t heard of what you’re talking about, unless you mean candle-pin bowling? There the balls have no holes, but are pretty much small and fit in your hand. Though I mainly came across those in the New England area.” Not so much out west.

Shaking her head, “No, I actually wasn’t aware it was a book. But the name is very familiar to me.” Maybe she’d come across a bar with the name in her travels? “Worth a read?” might be nice to read something other than language books and Tomes.

Nodding, “I tend be the same way, not planning and letting life take me where it wants. Used to enjoy putting on some music and just walking the city, no destination in mind, just letting the music and, well, fate, carry me wherever.” Might start doing that again. “The zoo?” now that was something she hadn’t heard mentioned, well, ever. “Can’t say I’ve even been there. Heard it’s worth a visit though.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It would appear we understand impressive differently, no matter. 'It goes back to what we were saying about having everything at our fingertips.' People able to masquerade as experts in fields they understood nothing of. 'A lot of people give up very easily. Either content in the idea that they think they could do it if they wanted to. Or if the task requires more then five minutes searching abandon it.' So persevering through difficulty is something that impresses me. 'What did you end up doing with the kitchen?' Nice little silver lining.

He furrows his brow trying to think how to describe the excessive assault on the senses that were Fruit machines 'Think slot machine with way more light noise, a lot of flashing buttons and way to complicated.' They had so many things you had to keep track of. 'Definitely sounds better stocked then the ones I've known. You have a favourite out of those original games?' I'm not good at any of them but the older games have less of a mean streak about them. 'I'll give it a look.' It can't hurt to pay a visit after all. Now as for bowling. 'I don't know what candle pin bowling is, sorry.' So probabaly not that. 'They were just really old.' He had no better way to explain then that, in the uk there where just older version of modern allys.

He shrugs. 'I haven't read it myself. But I hear its an odd one, a jumble of styles of something like that.' A trip the library should tell me meant by that.

He nods. 'I've never left things up to that much chance, when I set out I do have a destination in mind.' Maybe I should give it ago. 'Yeah the Zoo. I mean if you've seen one you've seen them all but a lot of people. A little history and learning on animals.' Not his strong point or particular interest but the Mysterium did encourage taking every opportunity. And where people are resonance and ley lines can be affected.
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread