Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
     Should be all caught up, 1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The speed at which the sovereign determines the lack of electronic defences was terrifying all on its own and in a rather new way for Kray. I wonder if she can get into my phone that quick? 'Uh. Well. Dam. your good with that.' The lack of security however did open up some other options, 'Well if that's the case, give me a minute.' Because why rush if something more poignant can be worked up.

Kray shrugs. 'Hm. Maybe for you. You pull it off really well.' He gestures to what he has on with a large hand. 'For me. This is not far from what people expect.' His size and menace added to a fancy suit stood out. Then slowly, he concedes with a nod. 'On occasion, I agree they can be very tasteful.' But he still won't take a gift.

The cheap suit gets another look. 'Hm. People make stupid choices.' It's what got me taken after all. 'Uh. Doesn't look sweaty enough for it to be real in the here and now.' He would expect more panic from someone so clearly nervous.

He doesn't pry. It's her life.

Now who do I go and get talking? There were a couple of places on a walking tour he took recently that fit the bill. 'Um. Does gold actually add anything to the food?' He was far from a gourmet but the idea of eating a metal just to excrete it didn't sound like good eating to him. 'Yeah. I wouldn't have thought to try eating gold.' What crazy person looked at that and went you what I fancy swallowing it? 'And I think I'm crazy enough to not need mad hatter syndrome, so yeah I'll pass on the mercury to.' He says that with a chuckle, wondering if the Summer queen will see what he was trying for. 'Oh. Now that makes sense. Sugar as a seasoning.' He didn't seem overly fussed that it was cool sparkly sugar.

He snorts, assuming he his being humoured. 'Ha. I know what tea looks like. Just didn't realize that the only thing that made green different was the colour.' If that's all it is then buying it over regular is just a matter of preference surely? 'How things look can be deceptive. A lot of good tasting food looks horrid.' Like hearts, and kidneys and ... no. 'Ah. Like mince meat.' He finishes the sentence with less enthusiasm then he started.

That was a more wholesome and thoughtful approach then he had anticipated for it just being coffee. 'Hm. It is something of a wonder isn't it. What with the helping push past limits and all.' Flowers and herbs could have there own type of magic, or science ... it didn't matter he didn't understand mundane plants to well. They could just do a lot of cool stuff. 'Oh. Interesting.' Not that he couldn't have guessed. 'So. You end up here by choice or just where life took you?' The past. To be built on without being forgotten, with massive holes in memory ... what a knot of threads it is. 'Ah. But bed all feels so much better when you've earnt it.' The all nighters he's going to attribute to the unspoken business and grounds keeping.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Coffee, guns, and computers is a good summary of me," she tells Kray. And seriously meant it. She would pay attention to whatever Kray has to propose, because well, "I am ready ta listen ta yer proposal, fer my sharp ears."

"Oooh," she points at Kray, "Hawaiian shirts. I wear that over a tube top, nobody remembers a damn thing that the Hawaiian shirt. Fun~" she waves up with jazz hands. That was a very not-uniform way to dress.

As for the culinary discussion, that she didn't know. "I think it is the whole, uh, wealth and decadence thing," was her guess about people eating gold. "Like, I'm totes so rich I can shit gold, me have more money than brain cells," her tone is very mocking. "About the only thing I think of that'd work. Who knows how somebody figured it was safe out," she honestly didn't know. Perhaps due to thieves not dying from swallowing gold? Or chemists. Who knows.

As for the difference between green tea and black being color? Circe didn't know either. "Uh, I think that is the difference, not sure." She really didn't, "Some, uh, client's relative in Chinatown was pissed at me when I said that was the only difference. Something about tea ceremonies?" She shakes her head with a shrug. "Not exactly sure what she was saying though," plus the old woman accused Circe of being a Mexican. Or at least of speaking taco. Yeah, that had nearly turned to gunfire.

Minced meat? Oooh, "Like potted meat? Looks like weird paste but is more like salt," Circe wasn't sure where she was going with that. "Poor example. Cannoli!" She shouts suddenly, "I look like a tube of paste, but tastes great. Or haggis if ya have it with cumin seeds," she offers as another option.

"It does that. Much more legally and safely than meth," Circe is joking. She'd never touch the same stuff that the literal Nazis decided was too unsafe to be used. As for why she was here? Oh, she could answer that with sincerity. "Chance for revenge, successfully grasped in protection of others," not a single lie either. Circe had defended her first motley, the Freehold, and probably mortals too. Circe took pride more in the revenge, but the other stuff was good too.

She nods, "Yes that is true my friend," Circe nods as she thinks, "What did that wise man say? Oh yes," she nods quickly, "Some of the happiest people in the world go to bed stinking to high heaven. Earned rewards are much better than something ya just get at random," Circe is trying to phrase is a way to Kray. "Well, I can't really say that completely. Finding a surprise is also good, this isn't a great analogy. It was hella fun finding those gold coins when cleaning toilets of green gunk."

That was entirely true. It was an odd subject.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

(catch met no glamour. WP on activation)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The Ogre ponders that. 'Hm. Those might be things your good at. Things you do a lot. Things you love.' Shakes his head. 'But Your more complicated then that.' At least Kray thought so. 'You told me about carols you like for one.' It might not be as big but it was still something else.

As for his plan. Well he doesn't know my name so catch met.

failure

Kray fixes his hungry eyes on the worker, not needing to feed glamour into the contract just letting it work, to pick out the wisps of thought and physical tells that would give away the fears locked within. To no avail.

'Huh. I'm drawing blanks.' Probabaly not what the sovereign wanted to hear. 'I could just go scare em myself.' That's the best he's got.

'Ha.' That gets a chuckle. It also conjures an image of Circe in a tube top. Probabaly why no one remembers the shirt. 'On occasion when that's all there is I do. But I'm comfortable enough just doing me.' And that was the why to his refusal of uniforms.

He grunts at that. 'Ah. If you rich enough to literally eat your wealth. Rather then use it for something productive. I hope it makes them constipated.' That kind of wealth, that kind of waste not something he can relate to. 'Same way people figured plants I guess. Good ole try and see.' Just plants were useful and sometimes tasty.

Kray shrugs he was not a particularly cultured person. 'Huh. If they're the one with the problem. Sounds like it's on them.' He was way to indulgent to stand on any kind of ceremony. 'Tea to her is like coffee is to you though I guess. Link to the past, or tradition' Odd juxtaposition to notice.

Kray nods glad of Circes distraction to shift his train of thinking. 'Yeah Haggis good example.' How that tasted decent was a mystery to him. 'Um. Oysters.' Now they look gross. 'Only had them once, they look really slimy.' More thinking. 'Snails. I know I ate those once.' The memory long gone in any kind of detail, but they don't look tasty.

'Hm. Never done meth so I wouldn't know.' Bad time to miss the nuance. He squints one, cocks his head and tries to imagine a caffeine kick but way worse. Its not a great experience.

He hadn't expected an answer. But it tracked for a Summer, not that was a bad thing. 'Ah. Sounds like its a win win for you.' Gives the queen. Learning more about her and why she held the crown.

Kray tries to grasp where she is going he starts out okay, loses the thread a bit but is saved by the simple declaration. 'Oh. Nice find. Speaking of shitting gold I didn't expect that to come up again so soon.' He can be funny or at least try on occasion.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Most people are complicated," what was his mundy nane? Oh, right, "John. Those that aren't, meh, too much time trying ta get famous and not enough braincells firing." She'd a low opinion of such folks.

"Shame, guess we can try Ironside methods," Circe brings back out her phone, snaps a quick photo of the rude barista, and goes online to do her own research quickly. "Not my work methods though," which was a shame. Kind of fun, though her coworkers not being present were a factor. It was like the other gun runners thought she WOULD start shooting at customers. Double messing with of folks.

5 successes

Social media, a way to make personal information public! It might give Kray something to work with to mess with the barista. "Ah, here we go," she moves the chair to sit beside Kray and show him the barista's posts. "Entitled twit," she concludes after reading a few posts. Maybe they could find something that scares the idiot.

"Maybe a really nice hat?" She suggests to the Troll. "I find that if ya get folks ta focus on one thing, they forget about other things." That was in some disguise book she read. All the outfits and makeup sure help a lot though.

"True and False," she points at Kray when he talks about the plants. "Too rich and wasteful yes. But, I saw it on TV. Peppers were pure torture to humanity, but bird could eat it. So man said challenge accepted and just bred spicier versions."

Circe considers the old woman's position now that Kray has pointed that out to her. She nods, frowns, sighs, and nods again. "Except her committing violence on me is more acceptable than the reverse. Less damaging," she isn't happy about that. It wasn't fair. She'd enjoy the violence more.

As for the ugly but tasty food discussion, Circe has to agree with him. "Squid," she adds in. That was ugly but yummy. "Lobster. Shrooms, both are bottom feeders but quite edible." Not exactly Italian cuisine, but certainly East Coast American cuisine.

As for meth, "Me neither. Don't recommend it," because you could see the consequences. They were a source of spare parts though, trading in Saturday Night Specials for spare change. Well, spare change to Circe.

"Oh ho ho ho!" Kray got her to laugh. IT was funny, "Indeed! I won't wine about what was found, even if I didn't expect a shot in the dark of finding a lot," puns of course, "I won't go off the rails on the topic," yes puns, "Though I think the gunk used ta be cash." At least that it what she figured, "Just deduction. What else would ya hide with money but other money."

After a moment she adds in, "Kind of disturbing though. Why would a basement have THAT many toilets?" It was something you might expect from a hobgoblin. They tended to collect odd things. Jars, sticks, teeth, feet, or used plates. But this was Ironside, not the Hedge. "Kind of weird, right? It isn't normal."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Yellow eyes cast over her at the use of the name on his drivers licence. 'Or to dull.' Some people had a thing and made it all of themselves which the Ogre found rather boring. 'And your not dull.' To date he rather enjoyed the summer sovereigns company.

She keeps teasing that work of hers, something with computers I'd better, or security, maybe. both? based on how fast she had this place sorted out. 'If we want those routes I just go linger by the counter. It'll unnerve them pretty quick.' He had been hoping for something more, something to teach a lesson about why you shouldn't be rude just because you think your unseen.

Kray scans the posts as Circe, who is clearly far more versed in such things, shows him the phone.

chance die, quick research the barista failure

What can be said of the Ogre however is that he holds in high regard a skill set that he simply does not have. Which also happens to be a skill set commonly associated to ashen courtiers. He can't make heads or tails of any of this. 'Ah. Why don't people write letters anymore.' He knew how tech and social media worked that didn't mean he had to like it, or was any good with it. 'I'm not seeing anything, what about you?' Getting a little frustrated. The idea of just walking up and threatening the bastard was getting more appealing.

He pats the hat atop his head, looking away from the tiny screen. 'Uh. I have a hat.' and it was nicer than almost any human would ever know. 'Besides I wouldn't want people distracted from the rest of me.' That was his social speciality, passive intimidation. 'Why so eager to dress me up?' The topic had lasted longer then he thought it would and snagged his curiosity.

He snorts through a squashed and broken nose at that, 'HA. Doesn't that say it all.' Ah people can be crazier then we are sometimes. 'Still its become a really big thing those peppers.' The adverts that warned of death made some of these creations appear questionable at best. 'The spirit of learning and innovation though I can't fault.' Even if it had the pettiest of motivations.

He calms and stills somewhat. 'No. That isn't right.' shaking his head. 'Sounds like she got way to big for her boots over this.' People like that he liked taking down a peg or to. They need to know why being so fearless is a bad thing.

'Ah. Mushrooms, yeah good one.' What else. 'Oh. Ever had mushy peas? they Look like mushed brains.' That's straying from the game, they don't taste great

Kray follows well enough, but still takes his time just to make sure that its just puns. Circe is good with words in a way he can appreciate. 'Eh. Could be green mould or a type of spore.' Talk of mushrooms fresh in his mind. 'But your probabaly right.' Hers was a logical deduction.

A large finger scratches at the lichens of his beard. 'Oh. Storage. Move the money in the toilets. Who would check in toilets for stashed cash?' Not everyone that's for sure. 'Ah. Remind me when do you reckon these toilets were installed?' Context could offer a clue.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods in approval at the praise from Kray.

"I'll defer to you on scaring folks," she concedes to Kray. She was more, well, brutal. She wasn't too good at terrifying and subtle.

She waits whilst Kray looks at the social media of the barista. Sees what he can deduce. "Illiteracy," she sings in answer to his question/statement. Mostly for a chance to insult the barista. She takes a look at options for tormenting the barista. "Lots of trigger words for mental breakdowns and screaming fits," Circe was thoughtful on that, "But that is more shallow, worthless rage. Not filling at all," she isn't saying that wrong. Circe finds the wrath of the self-righteous to be the worst. Empty, as if it is false. "Oh, lots of comments about nobody ever mentioning spiders. Arachnophobia?"

She eyes his hat with a nod, "It is a good hat, yes. So," she points at him, "You have followed my advise. Victory," Circe gives Kray a finger V. "Also, I get a discount on suits from my tailor when I get them new customers. It adds up." Which was why most of the gun runners had suits. That and the right cut could hide pistols.

"Meh, senile elders get away with a lot," she really doesn't care about the little old lady's rage. Well, false. She doesn't care about the why for the rage: "It was a, uh, Glamorous experience fer me," she shrugs. It had been a useful source, because old as she was wow did the tea lady have RAGE.

"Ah," Circe nods sagely, "A staple of English cuisine," she runs with the joke Kray was making. Was it a joke? Well, she was clever enough to catch it, thank you very much.

"Mould?" She thinks on that before Kray corrects himself. "Didn't spread, so yeah, probably dirty, rotten money." The mystery of the toilet money keeps discussing. "Huh, ya know, I'd call it a shitty smuggling method," she nods slowly, "Buuut ya have a good point. Hope none were used before transport." She had other techniques and cheats. It was probably a successful method, given some got left behind. The timeframe? "The coins had dates on a few. 1933? Oh! And a 19th century one too. We think, kind of hard ta read through the muck," she shrugs, "I think Sera was cleaning them. I didn't find 'em all, so no dibs on all of them."

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

After todays performance maybe hang fire on that deferral. 'Eh. I can't seem to get my act together at the moment.' Maybe because quick and cheap isn't my style.

'Hmpf.' Closer to a snort then a sound. 'Ah. Now isn't that the truth, half of these words aren't even finished.' He looks way from the phone, disgruntled at the sloppiness of text speech and emojis.

But he does lean over again to look at her mention of spiders. 'Hm. Good spot.' Now how to use it. 'Give me a minute.' Thoughts peculating ... I could ... maybe ... that, could work. Krays grins always have the teeth in common but the way this one pulls at the corners of his mouth, something was appealing in a mildly malicious way.

Blinking, brought back to the moment by the pointed finger and victory sign. 'Uh. Your advise?' The Crimson Queen had indeed lost him with that one. A hand goes protectively up to the hat. 'I had this before we met.' A little defensive. I don't get what she's playing for here? 'I'll keep it in mind.' One day a suit would be needed, and at his size it would need to be tailored. But right now he's non-committal.

He nods, still has a hand on the hat. 'Ah. They think they can. Half aren't as senile as they'd have you think.' Bolshy maybe. 'Well good you got something out of it.' I wonder why? A mute point of curiosity.

With Circe not batting back he assumes the game has run its course. Now, taking his hand of his hat. 'Yeah. It is.' Stayed a little to close to the truth on that one. Some thoughts best kept as just thoughts. 'Okay reverse it. best looking, worst tasting?' The game still had legs.

'Ha. Shitty.' He gets it. 'Better then flushing it.' That, that was before him and outside his wheel house. 'So nineteenth century to early thirties. Anything significant happening then?' American History, had not made his very limited education.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh, at least the idiot didn't sign there name at the end of each post," she jokes before frowning. That wasn't acceptable, it sounds like a defense of the barista. Screw that, "Wait, no, fanculo that stronza, illiteracy is yer own fault at this point."

As he takes the information into consideration, Circe has her own thoughts on the matter. Maybe order tarantulas? And he was smiling. Whatever Kray is plotting, will probably be hilarious. She chuckles, picturing the barista screaming in fear.

When Kray defends his own fashion sense, she lets out a false sigh and gives Kray a false pout. Circe groans out, "Dude, I failed on the fashion advise. Can ya gimme the illusion of a win?"

"Ha!" She laughs as the Troll educates the Larcenist on the trollish secrets of the elderly. "Smart on them. They got the chance ta screw with folks, they totally should," she gives a thumbs up of approval. "The hip kids online call it trolling," she gives him a toothy smile, "Fun times ta be that, right?"

"Best look but worst taste?" She has to think on that. Seems Kray has a culinary angle. Must come with the Gristlegrinder nature. She smirks with a giggle, the image of Kray in a kitchen with the proper hat. She has to ask for a clarification first, "Ummm? That I've eaten or seen? Wait," she thinks for a moment then shrugs, "Both." Circe nods.

"Eaten. I'd hafta go with colorful grubs. Whatever the rub, that gave color ta that grub, was baaaaad," she draws out the word, a look of disgust on her face. "Yeah, Flea Markets are questionable for food. Felt like I needed Thorns ta rub my tongue off, blaaargh," she sticks her tongue out in disgust. There are also less people paying attention to them now. Seems eating bugs was a vile topic. "Seen? Durian." She pulls out her phone to show him a picture of the fruit in question. Spikey and colorful was the plant as Circe shows him the image. "Neat looking huh, sort of pretty. Haven't eaten it, but I've seen others eat it and ya can taste the vile smell of it. Kinda like sewage."

She puts the phone back down, looking up at Kray in curiosity, "What about you?"

Circe quirks her left eyebrow and ear, right eye narrowed, as Kray asks about something happening in the 1930s. Sure, the Larcenist was from mafia lineage, so she knew about her forefathers time of rising to power. So, she knew that history by default. She is about to snap at him before remembering, Lost came from many times and educations. Kray could've been taken as a child for all she knew. "Prohibition. Rum running. Jazz, musicals, societal chaos, and real gangsters with Tommy Guns."

Circe laughs as she adds in, "Lots of tax evasion too. Turns out criminal empires don't pay taxes on their crimes, who knew? Oh! I think I saw some furry series coming out about it recently," she informs Kray with a hum of thought. "Wait, kinda set in Prohibition, that is a better way ta put it my friend."

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray blinks. 'Uh. Don't profiles have names? So why would they be singed?' Maybe I understand this less then I thought. 'But yes it is their own fault. Lazy is what it is.' At least the Ogre could admit he was poorly educated and trying to do something about it. Rather then the brash confidence people have today that they could just shorten words, make stuff up and pretend it carries meaningful communication. At least that's how he perceives it. 'What must they teach in school these days.' Whatever reading and writing covered today clearly was not robust enough. The Ogre unintentionally sounding rather like a Boomer, he certainly could be old enough.

He shifts preparing to get up. 'Hm. Just need to get my story straight in my head.' Turning back to Circe. 'Say. Does that profile have a name?' It would help.

Looking at her he pats his hat once more contenting himself she wasn't after it for some reason. 'Uh. Your right suits do look good.' There that seemed harmless enough. But we do need to be careful with our words don't we.

He ponders on that. The troll tongue so often overlooked due to his teeth did let him mess with people. But he used that blessing for other matters usually, a secret weapon. 'Hm. Why do they call it that?' The dark cunning of trolls wasn't something he often found humorous, it got him what he wanted in the right moments. But he does return the toothy grin. 'Still I wonder how well the little trolls would take it on the reverse.' It wouldn't be fear but still out witting wannabe pranksters with some real horror did have an appeal.

He nods with some vigour. 'Both.'

Head wonders side to side. 'Ha. Don't mind me some bugs myself. To crunchy and no meat on them, but tasty I think.' He meant conventional, mortal bugs. 'But sauces and seasoning I didn't think about including.' That added a new layer. 'Wasabi. In a bowl it can kind of look like ice cream. It wasn't.' A mouthful had dam near blown his mouth open, well more open then it always is. 'Oh. And Liquorice all sorts Bleh.' he shakes his head. 'They look delightful but they each one is a mix of sour fruit and bitter/salty liquorice.' He drinks from his cup as if trying to wash a taste out of his mouth.

Peering at the image. 'Huh. Kind of looks like a conker . Just bigger.' He looks to her. 'Yeah. Sewage fruit is a no go for me.' His stomach could handle near on anything but somethings even his appetite wouldn't bother with truly nasty stuff. 'So Why do people eat it?'

He listens, thinks, listens some more. He had known about prohibition but given it never impacted him, hadn't bothered to learn when to place it in history. However now knowing a great grey had slams the table, he has an idea. 'AH. It was a bar.' He looks to Circe like she should get it. 'Uh. Booze in the tank, pay by leaving money in the bowl. Deniability, if caught you just say you asked to use the toilet and didn't know about it.' He seems rather pleased with his theory. While he might lack in education, the Ogre is not an idiot. 'You reckon?'

14. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

She stares back at Kray, blinking. "Ha!" she barks out, "That is true, but I mean formal letter style signing, before I decided that dink deserves no defense." Circe had to reassess Kray. He either got snatched before me or is less tech literate than the Amish. Which didn't guarantee anything on the conclusions. The Larcenist however didn't care to be an educator. "Clearly not literacy," she answers his question. Was it a question? She treated it as such from the Troll.

"Name, uh," she looks at the social media blog. What did the gal call herself? Circe stares, "IRGoddess4dwin9?" She blinks and looks up at Kray, down at the phone, repeats a few times. "Narcisism was obvious. I thought the unicorns are supposed ta be the worst, but that mundy is outshining for sure." Mortals were supposed to be less broken and less, well, less than the Lost according to some. Who also said Fairest were tainted by arrogance. Plus, that she needed a nine implies there are others with the same name. The barista is posting about how unfair it is somebody else had the same signature and she wasn't 1, seriously! "I've met unicorn primadonnas not this arrogant. Idiot even posted about protesting for dogs and, oh, oh, oh ho ho ho! she slaps her left hand to the side of her head, pulls it away whilst making an explosion sound. It was a few years ago from protest turned riot at a dog pound. "I know when that brawl happened, oh ho ho ho! Hope the barista go KO'd."

A brawl Circe had caused with nothing but words, not Contracts nor Bedlam from Glamour. She also nods in thanks as Kray approces her fashion sense.

It takes Circe a moment to get what the troll meant, before connecting the dots. The Troll wanted to know why his Kith was also a verb. She wasn't sure on that. "I wasn't, uh, around for the birth of memes on the Internet," fuck Arcadia hard, "Memes kind of happen. Like walk inta Mordor or the Hamster Dance." As for analysis of trolls online, she had an answer to that. "I have found two ways they take it. I'm online a lot, coding for work and the club, yada yada. Either A," she holds up one finger with a smile, "The whiners embody dish it out but can't take it. These tend ta be the amateurs. B," she hold sup a second finger, "They catch on and praise ya for beating them, declare challenge accepted, and seem ta laugh about it. Act like caricatures of a vengeful grudge holder."

The Larcenist includes her own blue behind in the second category.

Circe had eaten Ironside bugs before. "Scorpion on a stick," she pantomimes biting said snack just before he says wasabi. It had been, well, not great but acceptable. And she does laugh as he talks about wasabi eating, mostly because she figured someone had to have eaten such on a bet instead of accident. As for the eating of durian, she frowns, "Apparently it is one of the healthy super fruits that fix everything, fights cancer, and shines yer car."

It might work for the Ironsiders, but Circe didn't trust something that smells that bad and doesn't regrow limbs.

The hand slap makes her blink, hand reaching into her sports jacket, eyes darting around as she starts to turn around. But stops when Kray speaks. Hand slowly comes out empty, as she processes what he said. A bar? "Huh?" that was an idea. "Possible," she thinks on the logistics. "Too many in one place though, it could'a been swapping them to smuggle stuff between speak easies." After a moment she recalls Kray has no idea on Prohibition. "Speak Easy is a hidden bar. Sometimes have transformer shit ta make it go from bar ta coffee shop or something ta hide it."

"Could also have been dead drops," she points at Kray again, "That is brilliant Kray. Hide stuff in a toilet, bring in a replacement for the broken," Circe makes air quotes, "Toilet. And ya move the money and booze hidden by porcelain. Yer spot on with the dude," Circe had gotten the idea from him, "The ones abandoned were the stockpile, probably after they repealed Prohibitino."

16. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread