Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Blood Hunt) Office Reconnaissance

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm here in Sacramento on extended business," he responded in kind. "I can tell you appreciate the finer things in life as well,"

"Why don't you invite me in and pour us a drink."

3 successes

Could he have toyed with her? Of course, but he no longer felt the luxury of time after the way the last target panned out. Tonight would be straight to business.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

Intelligent brown eyes evaluate for a moment.

Date Action Roll Result
    2024-02-27 20:36:39 Storyteller rolls 4 to Resistance (10 Again) 2, 3, 4, 10, 3 1 success
    "Yes, of course. Would you join me in my room?"
    The woman makes a small smile, almost a blushing acknowledgement of Jack's good looks. She leads Jack into her room. The room is a well appointed street. The door opens into a sitting room, with two well stuffed and comforter looking chairs around a nice wooden table. A China tea set is delicately arranged. There are three doors from this sitting room.
    The open door opens to a small office. You imagine that this furniture was likely brought in special: a desk, bookcase with books on law and various American wars. A typewriter.
    From the position, the closed doors were likely the bedroom and bath.
    "I could offer you a variety of tea." The woman indicates with a delicate hand gesture to a well appointed wicker basket with three blass jars of loose tea, marked in exquisite calligraphy Chamomile, Earl Grey, Black tea.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The woman succumbing to his influence led him to following her into the room. As he sat, he responded with "Black, please."

He waited patiently, surveying the room as she worked to the conclusion of his command. With the drink poured his eyes met hers and then placed her in a trance. He could pull at the strings of his puppet all evening if he wished, but what he was after was within her mind.

4 successes

"What is your relationship with the woman at [office/apartment address]?" Was she a Ghoul or perhaps an unknowing resource in property management? "Where does she have you take her?"

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

The woman happily makes two cups of Black tea. She is fastidious in her preparation. It is clear that this is a matter of pride. She brings over the tea cups to the china set and asks "Sugar or cream?" In the tone of a hostess.
    She replies easily as Jack's power of the Blood works it's way through the mind of his target. She does not seem to have much resistance to him.

"She is the latest charge of the Hamleigh Family. I have been caring for the descendants of the Hamleigh family since the eldest niece was Embraced. I recently took my charge to the house that her aunts were staying in, as they have not been in contact with me with my updated instructions. Finding it empty, we took an overnight trip a few hours to the East to see if they returned to a previous home."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack waved his hand dismissively at the request.

The Lord was incredibly pleased at the initial response. With how things had been going he had expected just a distant associate but here he was, hitting way closer to his target. "It might just be a good night after all," he thought to himself.

"Don't leave me in suspense, did you find them out East?" he inquired. "In fact, tell me what you know of the locations of each of the Hamleighs as well as what efforts you've taken to find the missing ones. What are the addresses of any established safe houses or rendezvous points."

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

"I found one. One who said that it would be sensible to return to where she was more established. The mortal tie, the only mortal of the family, needs to be packed up and prepared to come to her.
    The clever sister is in Tucson, Arizona. She needs to perform a task to get aid to continue her travel.
    This is the only Hamleigh that I know the location of.

I have been spending the days looking for the discreet sign placed outside of the makeshift Havens. I found two here in the city.
    The others are,"

The well appointed room provides a stationary set as she took a moment to write. When the paper was passed to Jack, it bore four addresses.
    Two were in Sacramento. One was in Tucson, Arizona. The fourth address was in Salineville, Ohio.
    "-the rendezvous point are at three Clubs downtown. "
    The pen moves, writing the names. Jack recognized the one club where the most recent encounter with a Hamleigh sister occurred.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Prince won't like the escape much, but it isn't my problem. "And which Hamleigh is that?" Making it as far as the desert, it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble of pursuing.

"What sign do you look for?" he asked with curiosity. Once again, the devil was in the details. Unlikely he'd ever see it, but he'd keep an eye out. "And what of the young Aislin Hamleigh? What are her plans for the future?"

Are there any new Sacramento addresses? I know I had gotten the one house that was abandoned from the sister as well as the office/apt the Kindred sister is at.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Brangaine is the one who has relocated.
    It is an old Family signal, this."

The ghoul drew a simple picture of three interlocking rings with slight stylized curves outward, like flower buds, where the rings met.
    "I am to oversee her for the week. Once Madame contacts me, I will help Miss move to where we shall settle. She must be kept safe, of course."

No new addresses for havens. There are two clubs, Blue Lagoon and Rush.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm," the Lord thought with the new details at hand. "What's the access keycode for the building Miss Aislin is staying in?"

The remainder would be up to the Domain leaders. Aislin wasn't a bloodhunt target and the true target is already long gone. For now, he'd replace her memories of the evening with the expectation of a blind date for tea- one that turned out less fruitful as he has not shown up yet and is late. She had high hopes for the evening turning out well, even going so far as to preemptively start the tea in anticipation of her guest... tea that is now growing colder each passing minute.

22 successes over up to 30 minutes

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

The access code was written down upon the paper where the sign was recorded, an eight digit code.
    Some time was spent as the Ventrue crafted a memory that would guide the Vitae bound Ghoul in nights to come.

The evening came to a close. What would the Priscus of the Ventrue do moving forward?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread