It was late for Kine, but early for Kindred. The moon hidden behind dark clouds that released a fine mist. Not enough to really ruin anything, but enough to wet the hair and body without an umbrella.

And that was how Ale walked the nearly deserted street, a dark pea jacket buttoned up, collar popped around her neck. A similarly dark hood hung over her head, obscuring her face as she walked. The street lights deepening the shadows as they played across her face.

Inked hands were tucked into the pockets, as legs carried her along the sidewalk.

Those who did come across her, moved out of her way, her commanding presence pushing others away. And as the mind often does, hers was wandering, over trivial matters.

Her Danse was a lonely one, one without trust and true friendship. Everyone wanting something, needing something, ready to drive the stake into your chest to get ahead. And yet, she often found herself on the outside, looking in, not belonging. Even as a Lady of the Invictus, and Prince of the Domain, she still felt like an outsider.

‘O' Death
O' Death
Won't you spare me over 'til another year?’

There were times when she envied the cattle, their carefree movements, ignorance of the predators that walked among them. Not knowing how lonely it was in this existence, one of endless nights and empty years. They will never know the lengths she had to go through to protect herself, the walls-built years upon years ago, before any of the were even thought of. Maybe even before Sacramento had become a city and a Domain.

‘Well, what is this that I can't see?
With icy hands gettin' hold of me
Well, I am Death, none can excel
I open the door to Heaven and Hell’

One never really belonged. Years and centuries could be spent seeking that acceptance or even one to care about you. To be Kindred and Prince was an existence of loneliness.

But the Savage refused to give into that loneliness. Refused to show even an ounce of fear. Refused to give into those childish Kine emotions that clouded judgement. She was the apex predator; this was her playground with her rules.

'Too late, too late, to all farewell
My soul is doomed so heed me well
As long as God in Heaven dwell
Your soul, your soul shall scream in Hell'