Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 58
DISPLAYED
PRP: DYLF: All Faith Cremation

Oct 13, 2023 : PRP: Die Young Live fast: The Lounge
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

The door is to mired in the overwhelming absoluteness of inevitability that coats this place like a thick paste for Philip to be delve any deeper, the resonance miring him down and being stubborn.
    5 suxx are needed for a quailty to be known

The urn however almost wants to be known the roiling, heaving resonance that emanates from it reads clearly to Philip. BANE.

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

The messages were clear. He couldn`t find any metaphysical significance of the somewhat-hidden room whose entrance door he`d scrutinized. But he knew that just because he couldn`t lay his finger on it didn`t mean it couldn`t be significant regardless. After all, either there would in fact be no significance to it, or it was too deeply buried and he couldn`t see it, he thought, grasping at straws. After all, he was back to expecting the worst after his visions. So his verdict was clear if it hadn`t been already. He`d have to find some way to get in there without tipping anyone off. And larceny was completely out of the question. But he tabled that question for now because he was going to make as much out of his Mage Sight and access to this room as he could. After all, it had already yielded so much and perhaps he could coax even more out of his surroundings.

So he then turned his metaphysical gaze fully and exclusively on the urn once he was done with the door. His hackles went up immediately after relatively clear reading this time. Then again, he had given the urn his all after he`d grasped at straws with the door and other room. Bane? The feeling was simple and yet unsettling and unshakeable, but that was the resonance he could see emanating from the urn and swirling around it like a cloud of smoke and metallic threads, shimmering with simmering intimidation.
    Was this urn and the fate surrounding it `merely` the cause of distress or annoyance, or perhaps the cause of death, perhaps even by, itself? Or both?
    he thought, pondering the meaning of Fate and not quite knowing what to make of the intimidating resonance of the urn.

Is it possible for Philip, in the situation he finds himself in, to have a feeling of or somehow know a clarified meaning of the resonance of `bane` in this context? Like if this term refers here to something (the urn here possibly) which causes death, as the first potential meaning of the term. Or as in something (as in again the urn presumably), being of great distress and annoyance, as the second possible meaning of this term, or both, or something else entirely?

Deeply perplexed by the urn and the whole room, he took a few minutes to reflect all he had discovered, duly writing the things down he`d discovered on his phone in the designated file. Once he was done, he ended his mage sight while turned away from anything where someone might see him from.
    Perhaps I can get someone else to let me into that room though? he thought optimistically. For that, and a re-entry into the basement he`d have to get someone else, or re-enter the mortuary at a different time.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

3. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Both definitions qualify for what Philip is reading. It falls on the side of being destructive/ has a purpose to destroy something.

We've also hit time on this one. So any final actions for this part of things and where would Philip like to go next?? (returning here after hours is defiantly an option) as is anywhere else of interest to him.

Reuban Brigh

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 

(Shifting the Odds)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

With everything written down, and his thoughts about further information gathering about Mothisa marked down, Philip decided he`d had enough for the time being of that place. Having seen enough, he ended Sybil`s Sight. But before he`d leave, he`d use the time alone to organise his thoughts about removing himself from detection. He also felt drained from the mana expenditures in the pursuit of his mission.
    Ideally, I`d like to cover the physical paper trail too. Leaving a forged signature for half a year unattended is a recipe for trouble. he thought, concerned.
    So, how can I somehow get that piece of paper destroyed?
    pondering his options. Several came to mind, such as a night raid, destroying the evidence.
    A difficult prospect which would have to be meticulously planned and despite this likely leaving its` own clues, in addition to coming with unknown risks. Hmm....
    He was sceptical, before turning to his much considered idea of hacking.
    Equally difficult, especially with my lack of expertise in the area and unknown backups that might`ve been made already. Might be necessary. Then again, what about surveillance equipment outside? I can`t protect myself from the whole frikkin society or hack into the pentagon…. If someone wants to pull strings, they`ll get me regardless.
    another unsettling thought.
    Maybe I`m thinking about this wrong. What`re most long-term liabilities here? People remembering the digital paper trails. Followed by physical paper trails, followed by video. And that`s eventually followed by physical contact. I`ve got the guide covered, I think. And they won`t remember anything anyway unless interrogated or magically coerced. So, the only thing that directly ties me to this is magic, video evidence capable of tying me to my alias, and physical descriptions of me. Everything else is hearsay, and someone would have to directly know my ID to prove forgery.

With that second thought process, he knew that those most interested in him likely already had his alias and might be able to dig up more about him if they really tried. Philip knew that while digital correspondence of his alias and any place where that data might be saved as well as the spreading of servers with access to that information was a problem, if it couldn`t directly be tied to him he wouldn`t have a problem. After all, the alias `Reggie` was specifically intended to avoid needing to deal with this, so he was unsure as to the urgency of the different parts to concealing his identity.
    After all, so far he didn`t think there was much reason to be suspicious of him. Sure, distant acquaintance might ring some alarm bells, but he confidently believed his cover was sound. But that could change if he didn`t play his cards right. His guide and the manager both seemed to have a vested interest in keeping the case closed and likely did their research on potential interlopers. These, and others connected with them might raise the alarm bells if any evidence disappeared. On the other hand, he hoped that if push came to shove he could do damage to them with anonymous tips to law enforcement, while keeping his hands mostly clean.
    Ultimately however, Philip decided the risk was worth the reward. The more evidence he could destroy, the faster he`d go back to becoming incognito. He knew fate was fickle, and this was a dangerous mission. But he also knew he`d have to risk a lot in order to guarantee the removal of any connection between him and the crematorium. So, he`d head home and attempt to remove himself from the video feeds and perhaps even digital correspondence and hope fate would help him cover his tracks. He`d also still have to check if his computer and SSD still worked.
    With his mind made up, he left the presentation room after spending about 15 minutes in it alone. Addressing the guide, he asked: ”I`m ready to leave now. Thank you so much for this journey, Mister….?“
    He asked, hoping to gleam more information, perhaps even his real name, from the guide so he could use this later. Giving him an expectant look hoping he`d answer, he slowly made his way towards the front desk. The third option for destroying that document came to him spontaneously as he was talking to the guide. A few minutes later, just as he was passing the front desk he briefly glanced over to the document he`d signed earlier and the lady sitting at said desk, giving her a brief "Thanks for this opportunity to say goodbye." with a short smile. Then, appearing to fidget on his phone, he cast his rote as unobtrusively as possible.
    4 successes

He wished for fate to be covertly [wiki]Shifting the Odds[/color] so that his signature was unreadable or the affidavit he`d signed at the beginning was somehow destroyed or rendered useless. Feeling the mana drain from him, he hoped Arcadia had heard his wish. As he did so, he braced for fun to come to him. After all, last time fun had been a hideous creature, a power outage, complete darkness and a non-functioning order tool. So he hoped fate would have mercy on him this time, but he knew he`d have to expect the unexpected regardless.
    3 successes

He continued walking towards the exit, hoping to avoid and remove problems, despite tempting fate to give him some new ones.

7. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

As Philip casts his wish out into the tapestry of fate the solution is fairly simple it turns out. As the receptionist turns she catches her cup of coffee with the elbow spilling it all over the papers across her entire desk, utterly ruining them all. The catch. It also spills onto the electric heater obscured under her desk which sparks and starts spitting flame.

In short order a blaring fire alarm begins to sound and the few people in the building now have to evacuate. A fire truck will be here shortly. Good thing Philip is on his way out, although this might make a night return harder.

If you want to do some hacking you can write up a glimpse for it if you want, it doesn't need to be a whole scene. Where next then??

Reuban Brigh

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

On his way to exiting the building, he saw the damage his wish had caused, including the fire and accompanying alarm, leaving him momentarily in shock. It seemed fate really wanted to have fun with him that day and was going for some mighty big effects, much to his amusement once he overcame his shock. After taking in the scene with awe for a few minutes, even forgetting to get into his car, he recomposed himself.

The guide had left his otherwise politely formulated question regarding his name completely unanswered. So as soon as the place was evacuated and seeing a chance, he went up to his former guide to confront him about his rudeness and intimidate him into revealing his name to him. This had the added effect of confronting him in front of all the other employees, adding strength to his words and gestures. After all, he hadn`t answered his question before, and Philip wasn`t just anyone. So, despite earlier not having much luck with him, he tried to be as imposing as possible when he walked up to him.
    "Sir, you blatantly ignored my question about your name. Why? Please tell me your name. I told you mine, so it`s only fair you tell me yours!"
    2 successes

After the confrontation with the guide and on his way home, he left Witch a text, saying he was leaving and he was taking the rest of the day off from their quest. In addition, he took a detour home to avoid being followed, just in case.
    I`m definitely going back to the crematorium but I can afford to let that wait for some time. After all, I`ve got all the time I need. I should know, being Acanthus, heh. The precinct`s office might be more interesting later. And finding out where those guys hang out. But not now.

Once he got home, he thought about how draining that day had been, and he knew he`d have to sacrifice himself for the mission. Otherwise, he was certain, he wouldn`t be able to continue to ask fate for help as much as he did, a help he knew he`d need. So, he decided to scour his pattern for muscle mass and physical strength to be able to do so, hoping to augment his dwindling mana reserves. He cursed loudly inside his four walls as he did so; at the pain and demands of his mission. Once he was done with his scouring it was only 5 PM but he was tired and drained. It was only then, when he was thinking of watching a movie, that he unpacked his desktop-replacement laptop from his bag. Once he (successfully) turned it on after the earlier blackout, he remembered he still had work to do. He was aching from his scouring, but knew the work for his clients the next day was very important.
    Rats! I forgot about that!
    "And ow, that hurts!I mean I knew it would, but still! And I thought I cleared my schedule!" he screamed in frustration at his walls, almost considering getting out his sword and slashing at his desk, but he managed to restrain himself. Summoning his strength, he managed to gather himself despite his physical and mental pain, and managed to get 4 hours of work done, doing the most important things for the following day and fighting through his pain.
    1 success

Being physically and emotionally drained by the ordeals and rollercoaster ride that had been his day, he went to be early, going to bed already at 9 PM.

As he went to sleep, he thought about his tasks.
    I need to work hard tomorrow. And, with fate by my side, I will get the time to hack into those servers tomorrow and find out more about those despicable individuals!
    Don`t know if scouring at home counts towards mana gain or is acceptable. So I haven`t marked it in his minsheet yet before this gets your approval. Also don`t know if scouring mana gained is represented by expenditure icons too, because he gains three mana if scouring is approved.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

Given that you narrated Philip was trying to intimidate him, I assume you meant to roll intimidate not subterfuge?

resist cohesion 1 success

The guides composure breaks down with Philip. 'My name? Its Ronald, dude what do you care there's bigger problems.' The guides small crowd of co workers and friends do gatherer in behind and around him closing ranks, while none of them directly challenge Philip its clear his creating a scene has not won him any popularity here, and has defiantly got him noticed.

Philip departs the scene.

Look at the site house rules for scouring, under Mana. Mage House Rules scouring incurs a culminative -1 on the next roll in the scene. I will open a new scene for the research and work you requested we can start from the next morning. Given you missed the penalty it will apply to the next roll Philip makes the next day.

Reuban Brigh

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread