Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
     Should be all caught up, 1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The Ogre nods in return. 'Everything made to keep with the times. It falls apart as fast as what's considered good to have changes.' All the fancy new gizmos and gadgets what was ever wrong with a paper and pen or walking over to talk to someone. 'Things aren't made to last that's for sure.' Nothing seemed to anyway.

He has somewhat more control of his grin now. 'Its because it's uncomfortable. People don't like it.' Which is the point. 'Somehow its become irrational to feel frightened.' At least so seemed the way to him. Although the way most people react to Kray might be evidence to disagree, they had a very rational reason to be frightened and acted like it. Even if they didn't know the truth of why.

Oh your thinking about something there, that's for sure do you like the idea or have sudden regrets? 'Somewhere doesn't get a reputation like that without a little danger boss.' Nor does our court.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

2. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Yes. You hit the nail on the head there. Uncomfortable. No one can be uncomfortable anymore."

Anatole smiled, the edges of his mouth still mirthless.

"I've been getting to comfortable... We should talk of this... proposed strategy more..."

Just not here: the words voiced in a glance.

There was a space for Kray to add something more, if he desired.

4. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray catches the look and puzzles it over for a few moments, making sure he has it right. 'Ah. Yeah, I could do with being a little more uncomfortable myself sometimes.' Or at least less comfortable talking in places I shouldn't. He to leaves it unsaid that another more private meeting would be very interesting.

'Uh. Speaking of pointless holidays, new year treating you well so far?' The attempt at deviating the conversation was as subtle as a brick through a window to anyone that had been listening. But better then just stopping dead that'd stand out worse.

Gently tugging at spines he pulls off a book called 101 chess moves for beginners. 'Ha. Not what I was looking for. Never learnt to play.' Sliding it back in.

6. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole eyed the giant Gristlegrinder and then gave a sort of - not totally - chin jut to indicate that he had been listening.

"New Year has been quiet so far. Feels like the calm before a storm."

Anatole ran a hand through his beard, turning abruptly to the stacks when Kray makes his discovery.

"Didn't mind a bit of chess back in the day. I'd recommend it if you get the sudden urge to learn."

The Wizened threw out a little non comital shrug.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray has to wrestle with the books somewhat to get the chess starter back in, they had been crammed in and a little stuck together. Consequently returning home was not something the book wanted to do without the application of some force. Something Kray has in abundance but is careful in his use of, not wanting to tip the whole shelf. Eventually he gives up and just keeps the book. 'Ah. Looks like I'll be learning after all. If I can get a board and pieces that is.' Well it can't hurt, might make a nice distraction.

The Looming Ogre casts eyes down to the sovereign once more. 'Uh. What makes you say that Boss?' He had plenty of things on his plate to keep him busy enough. Maybe I didn't notice or just don't know the area well enough.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole cast's an eye over the shop once again.

"Something in the works. Started as a gardening issue but has, well, snowballed. Mould gets everywhere. We have some plans to deal with the problem now... but... I don't know. I feel like I'm not seeing the full picture. Not covering all the possibilities makes me ... restless."

He sucked a tooth and feigned looking at the shelves.

"I can spot you a board, if it comes to it."

The burned dwarf flashes a grin.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray now begins the slow and careful task of extracting himself from between the stacks. He's got something to come away with for his time today. 'Hm. It sure does.' My landlord could use a lesson or two in dealing with the stuff. 'Heat. Controlled fire if needs must gets it out of bathtubs and the like I found. That or bleach.' Fire and poison can work wonders on must of the mundane stuffs anyway. 'Hm. But neither stops it coming back unless something changes in the conditions. Remove the cause.' Kray is talking mundanely but maybe something he said might offer a spark of insight to the veiled topic. Something else for somewhere else. Can't really wrap my head around it otherwise.

He grunts as manages to get into more open space allowing him to stretch and work out the cricks from being in the cramped space. 'Uh. That'd be really good of you. But I'll see what I can scrounge up myself. Some charity shop somewhere in the city must have a chessboard and pieces, surely.' The game has survived long enough I doubt its going to go out of fashion before I can get a set.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole nodded, still feigning interest in the stacks.

"I'm of the opinion that purging like you are suggesting is the last resort. I'm hopeful that another solution can present itself... once there is a clearer picture of the cause. To do that I will have to shop around for different perspectives, so to speak. It wont be a pleasant process, but it will have to be done."

His face betrayed no emotion.

"Regardless... How about you? How has the new year treated you so far?"

He turned and gave the Ogre and enquiring look.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray gives the Harvest king a half nod half shrug. 'Hm. Tackle the source not the symptoms. Makes sense.' But if its getting everywhere push it back and see where it spreads from again first. Source found. 'Ha. What were we just saying about prices these days. If the common solutions don't work finding the right mould remover can be a pain.' As can hobs. 'Well. if you need a hand with anything don't hesitate to reach out.' Always up to get stuck in. 'Uh. You reckon I'll be seeing you at the clubhouse anytime soon?' It sounds like we have a few things to discuss away from sensitive ears.

'Oh. Fine. Just been setting up my list of priorities, things I want to get done.' And they might take awhile. 'Putting myself to work where I can, getting out and about.' All in all pretty good. 'Ah. Went on a nice walking food tour towards the end of January. Little cold out but worthwhile I'd say.' There that's safe to talk about.

Kray will approach the counter with his chess book. While it was very unlikely the cashier could see the true horror that stood before her, she'd run screaming if she could. Kray's Mask is still seven and half feet of bulk and menace. Not something any shop owner wants to have hanging around or interact with.

16. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"I'll swing by soon enough."

The Wizened commented. He nodded, head bobbing as the giant continued.

"I'll keep you in mind."

Kray was moving off to the counter. Rather than follow, he simply gave the big Ogre another chin-jut and moved back to examine the furnishings. Yep, he was going to buy some... things.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread