(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The words didn’t seem to faze either, Cain just continued to do his thing, and Ale just shrugged, “Words are just that, words, time will tell how much merit and truth they have.” She never hid the fact that she didn’t take people at their word. Years of experience had taught her words were hollow and could not be believed. But it seems the Savage is used to what she says, just saying them as if discussing the weather.

What Verity says looks like it interests the Savage, she is listening and nodding a bit here and there.

Affascinante.” Says the Italian, “It’s always been curious to me how some Kindred still find themselves drawn to kine for something other than food.” She was sure that at some point, she had been like that. Seeking Kine to make her feel human. But those times were behind her. “Have you found if it keeps you human?” the Savage wasn’t stupid, she knew full well interacting with the Kine helped them remain somewhat human. Keep it in check. “I wonder if I wasn’t who I was in the Kindred world and the Kine world, if I could find some of what you are able to find. Amazing how age and position seems to set the stage.” There had been a time when she enjoyed a good club or going out dancing. But now the paranoia of being Prince and running the local Mafia and criminal underworld hung heavy.

“Yes, there are some tricks to it.”
    If anyone would share the tricks, well, that was up to them of course.

“Every Kindred pushes the boundaries in their own way for their own reasons. Priscus Jacque managed to overcome some things to become the successful and respect Kindred he is today. Now, not everyone is willing to share their stories, so always be prepared for that. But motivation is powerful, it can open many doors to those willing to seek them and work.”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The Prince had expressed such sentiment already in the conversation and Verity was quickly learning it was best to acknowledge, accept and move on. Changing her mind over this seemed borderline impossible and hardly worth the effort to try. So that's what she does, just nods, long enough to be respectful.

Oh we might be onto something here. Verity purses full, perfect symmetrical purple covered lips in an expression that clearly says she's thinking about it. 'I think it does.' Hoped might be a better word. 'I mean I still feel. Not as I did. But I still do.' Her expression moves to one of resignation. 'But ultimately I guess that's for everyone but me to decide.' How human do I come across, do I fool them? Would I fool you if my beast was quiet?

That gets a furrowed frown. 'I'm sorry but I don't know who you are among the kine.' Verity not being a criminal is unlikely to know of the prince's mortal reputation and definitely not by any name that Verity would link to ruler of Sacramento's kindred. 'But does any of it have to? Stop you finding what I do I mean. There's countless ways to engage with them, it doesn't have to be the rock, roll and sex approach I take.' Age and position my ass, that's the Invictus talking. 'I don't get that. The stage might be set. But you own the stage.' And maybe more then metaphorically. 'Regardless of who you are or what you do Kine and kindred alike will eventually move against you, its the world we exist in.' Oh I am so over stepping my bounds right now. 'So why let the way they perceive you dictate who you are, what you can do?' It just ran so counter to everything the prince had been saying that Verity liked, about making your own choices, determining your own purpose, defining yourself, that the Daeva could not stop herself from unapologetically calling bullshit. For the first time this conversation there is no hint of her being contrite in her words, no attempt to deduce and pander to the princes tastes. Oh crap well lets hope words mean as little to her a she claims.

Verity mimes taking a deeper breath, as if she had just actually unloaded a rant. Well I think I just pushed, but for what reason? 'I'll see if he's willing to tell me his story, it sounds interesting.' Not without a price I'll bet.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thinking over the words, she takes a moment, wondering what it was like to be young. “It sounds like it works for you, and at the end of the day, that’s what matters. But tell me,” cause she was curious, “what when it doesn’t? What are your plans then?” thinking of the future? Maybe. Or maybe she just wondered how the Daeva would answer.

“I didn’t offer who I was among the Kine. Lets just say I’m Italian through and through, and I not only run the Domain, but the criminal underworld as well.” She wasn’t embarrassed or hiding, but it never seemed important to share.

“I have my ways of interacting with them when I need to. But who I am comes with risks and responsibilities." But her comment earned a chuckle and a cold smile, “Will they?” a mock thoughtful look, “Some have tried, all have failed. Part of holding this position.” And all will continue to fail. “Others’ opinions of me mean nothing to me, they don’t dictate who I am and what I do. Never have and never will. Do you think I got to where I am caring about what anyone says or thinks? Seems you misunderstood my words.” It happens. “My positions require my attention; I don’t have the luxury of spending my nights bouncing from club to club, seeking Kine to entertain me. I am always who I am, my focus is always on making sure this Domain is safe for all who reside here.” A bit of edge to her voice, who was this whelp to talk as she did? “So it’s not about caring how others perceive me, it’s about keeping my attention where it’s owed and deserved.” She took her role as Prince very, very seriously. Even if it meant she wasn’t social. It was called sacrifice. “I gladly sacrifice my social life for what I do, I have responsibilities to this Domain, above all else.” Her eyes darken, “So be extremely careful with your words, speaking on that which you do not understand.” It was her one and final warning.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

When it doesn't? How would I know I haven't got to that bit yet, if I ever will. 'I can only hope the skill of the Daeva holds true for me as any other.' She is aware she is literally eternal, but such a concept is hard to really embrace until it becomes noticeable. Until it becomes apparent that you can't just go on as you have been.

Well that's good to know if nothing else. Verity Smirks. 'I can't help but wonder which takes more effort to mange kindred or criminals?' The living fiends or the dead ones?

For the precarious position she had put herself in Verity had learned a few very important things here. Words, well certain words could affect the prince. And the prince's reaction was not dissimilar to when Verities own pride was pricked. Defensive, quick to justify and elevate a sense of self importance. Even if the justification seemed at least to the Daeva to run contradictory to what was said in more idle conversation only moments ago.

Still none of this changed she had got herself in water way to hot to be considered safe. Thankfully she isn't witless ... well when she can restrain herself, and her survival very much depended on her ability to do so now. The Daeva goes down to one knee, head bowed low. 'Your right of course. I overstepped. I apologise your Grace.' And she waits, not rising. The prince has the power here and this is Verity's way of showing she understands that.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sage type nod, “Always good to have other skills to fall back on, you never know what the future holds. Just speaking from experience, having a backup plan is valuable.” Good looks and Daeva charm will only get a Kindred so far in their Danse.

“Both present their own unique challenges.” Was all she chooses to say on the matter. Verity seemed too close to being a human to handle the real answer.

Wait, what the fuck was she doing?

“You’re in the wrong country and culture for such a display.” It had never sat well with her, the whole taking a knee. “I was already content to put it in the back of my mind and move on.” Trying, at least, to give the young Daeva the benefit of doubt.

“Do you have any other questions? About the Domain or something else?”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

If she could blush ... from embarrassment and shame that it is, Verity would be doing so right now. When in doubt take a knee, royalty like that kind of thing. ... great advise mum. I wonder what century she got that from. She will however take the admonishment of her supplication as permission to stand and does so. Keeping green eyes looking towards the prince but downcast.

'Thank you your grace.' That display could have spelt final death under some princes so recognition of mercy shown felt right. Okay words are hit and miss, flatteries out, even submission didn't seem to do the trick as much as I hate doing that. What does that leave? ... Hang on. 'The seneschal has me on a little investigation, but I do have other skills. Is there anyway I can be of service to you?'​ Submission of a different sort, a way of showing she knows who's in charge and willing to play ball. Why didn't I try this first? if anyone has even a menial thing for me to do around here it would be her.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She catches the downward glance, “Look Ms Carmen, I’m the Prince, but I’m not royal and I'm not a tyrant, it’s just not something seen and accepted a whole lot. Though I’m sure there are those who demand it, but it seems a bit archaic in my opinion.” She wasn’t sure why she wanted to explain it, but she felt like she needed to. So she did.

Why wasn’t she surprised that Jenn had this one out on some quest? “Other skills? Such as?” there was doubt that she had any skill Ale would have need of. But, she lets her talk about these skills and how useful they could be.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity is confused, and clearly on the backfoot, unsure how to procced. Not only is what she thinks she knows of princes, that being to flatter and show deference. Even if mums advised methods are outdated. Not working. But. there was a disconnect between her and the Prince somewhere. She values direct action but I seem to have got away with only a verbal warning. She wants her rules followed to the point of restricting speech, yet doesn't want to be seen as a tyrant. She's Invictus but doesn't care for lineage. Where is it, where is the breakdown, what's between us? Why is this so hard? Is it age? experience? clan? our sense of humanity? The Daeva rapidly pours over the interaction thus far in her head. What stood out? What could I have missed ... She asked me why when the others didn't. That small but impressive moment. Recalling it causes clarity to dawn like a light turning on. I break every kine and kindred alike down into a handful of words or traits. I can't do that with the Prince, she's to multidimensional to categorise so easily. Without that earlier event it would have been easy for Verity to see the Prince as self contradictory, fortunately the example of elevated thinking had been set.

The revelation leads surprisingly to a content smile. 'It seems I'm working from an outdated playbook then.' To a one the Invictus here are actually impressive, not the entitled wannabe rulers that some of them can be. Once again Verity is reminded how much she has to learn and with a new appreciation of who to learn from.

A moment of pause. Verity needs to centre herself, find her footing again in a conversation she has most assuredly been losing for a while now. 'Rumours are what I show, what people expect and ultimately what I enjoy. But finding things out, gathering information, both are important aspects of that and well within my capability.' Those Daeva skills I mentioned. 'Despite appearances, thanks to them actually I'm pretty good fitting into most social scenes.' Just not high society, I tend to lack conversation topics. Otherwise imaginations tend to run wild enough my being somewhere is generally accepted. 'And I can move through political circles and red tape with more than a little skill.' Even if I don't campaign anymore. All in all nothing to unexpected of my clan but still the domain does seem to lack us and by virtue what we offer. She finishes with a more characteristic grin, wider more genial. Talking of her own skills and worth was definitely the kind of topic shift she had badly needed.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug, “Maybe. But always good to remember not every Kindred, or Prince, plays by the same playbook. With Kindred politics, it’s about observing and adapting when needed.” Some want praise, some want to be left alone. Some want to rule with iron fists, others take a hands off approach.

The Savage had already made her opinion on rumors known, and wasn’t about to dive back into them. The useless things that they were. “Information is always valuable, rumors are not.” Rumors were usually spread to cause unrest and stir the pot so to speak. And she didn’t have time for them. “I can respect someone coming to me with useful information that is verified by facts. So if, in fact, you do come across something verifiable, please let Gabriel know.” If the Daeva was looking for an in, that was as close as she was going to get. And she could take it or leave it. Politics was an easy field for the Italian, so she didn't need help in that sphere of her Danse.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Blush, Imbibe

Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity nods. 'Sound advice. Thank you.' She isn't wrong. That Verity had been failing to do of her own volition shows perhaps she isn't as human as she likes to think herself. There are chinks in her imitation of the living.

Well that's better then nothing. Verity gestures to the man standing off. 'Better safe then sorry. Him correct?' Meanwhile racking her dead brain for what she already knows that might be considered more then conjecture AND useful.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread