(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes don’t move, “He is.” For his part, Cain had not taken his eyes off the Daeva, his murderous gaze matching her movement, just waiting. “You curious about him?” most were, though some weren’t. But this Ale leaving the door open if the Daeva had questions.

“Now that’s an interesting question, and not many Kindred agree on it.” She had never really discussed it, at least, not in a couple years. “The Beast is the other part of us, the Vampiric side, the one that is not human. It is the hunger you feel, it is the anger you feel, it’s what drives you to survive. It lives within, driving you to hunt, kill, survive and even sleep. It’s what you struggle with nightly to stay in control of, for you know if you lose that battle, it takes over. It’s just part of our subconscious, the one that will do anything and everything to survive.” Even if it means tearing apart those around you. “What do you think it is?” as a neonate, this could be interesting. “But yes, it isn’t human and it is dangerous. Getting too close to it, letting what it is seep into you, has consequences. Though I’ve seen those consequences be worth it depending on the situation.” She had spent a couple months a walking corpse, unable to mask what she was for getting too close. “Yes and no. The Beast has its purpose, it wants you to survive as much as you want to. Some Elders tap into it when they need to.” She wasn’t above it. But it was getting more difficult as the years go on.

Thinking a moment, “I can see that. But Childe acting out and pushing rules have dire consequences for them and those around them. A Childe acting out can risk the Masquerade and need to put down.” There was no emotion in her voice, to her, it was what it was. Shrugging, “For some Kindred, perhaps. But not all Kindred need to define themselves and have a place in things. There are always factors into play, who they are and what they were Embraced into. Some Kindred spend their Danse roaming the world, no purpose, no place in Kindred society. And there’s nothing wrong with that. We are a product of numerous factors.” As a Savage, she was ok being alone and roaming. She didn’t need titles or to be accepted. But even as a human, she didn’t need it.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity nods with some enthusiasm. Naturally messy locks bouncing. 'Yes, I've never seen one before.' Misty green eyes linger on the vicious looking creature. I've heard of if looks could kill, they clearly meant things like him. 'How similar is he to a human ghoul?' Ah a better topic perhaps?

Verity's attention moves back to the prince pouring over her musings on the nature of the beast. She nods. 'I feel the urges.' How could she not. The surprise that shows is clear through widening eyes and a slight break to the tempo of the movements she mimics to no stimulus. What do I think. 'At first ... like it was some new addiction ... buts its aware of things I'm not.' It can recognise other beasts for example. 'Then I wondered if my higher thinking and survival instincts got torn apart when I died.' That had seemed reasonable. 'But some of what it has enabled me to do is only useful to something with higher thinking.' What use does it have it for pulling sins from the lips of others? 'I don't think its separate from me, in the sense of an invading entity. Otherwise it could be extracted and I would have to guess someone would have figured out how.' Verity pauses. 'Its more than anything a warning. What happens if I let go. If I let apathy win. What waits if I bow out.' A trial in self control? responsibility? 'It is the growl that says you died once idiot, lets not do it again.' She perks up. 'Have you ever seen the film Life of Pi?' She had in English class, back in school.

The other part of this she was rather unable to contribute to. 'I've not given it control yet.' Her sense of self still reasonably intact as it was. 'I don't want to.' It wanted it, she felt it every night but either the same voice or the human one that wanted to live, she wasn't sure which, whispered she would not survive if she did.

A shiver. The flatline voice intoning the fate of her and those like her thrust into a night and existence many didn't ask for and none truly understood until it was past the point of no return. It sounded like a fact of the universe when said that way. Maybe it was. That doesn't make it fair. She bites down hard on a retort that would certainly have earnt her a ill fate. Its clear she cut herself off before saying something else. 'Those who intentionally threaten the existence of those around them need to be handled, I agree.' Subtly different. 'That's something I haven't seen before either. And like about your laws. They hold the regents to account as well.' Now that, that is fair, and unintentional flattery whoops.

To this Verity can but shrug. 'Maybe its because that's what I lost, I'm searching for it back.' Humans she could understand pretty well, but turning that microscope on yourself never proved to be as illuminating.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

They weren’t as common as she thought they were, that was for sure. “He isn’t, he’s a completely different Beast so to speak. Human Ghouls, while in service to us, still retain their humanity and free will. Cain’s one purpose is simple, he defends me, he guards me, he will kill for me. Nothing more, nothing less. The bond is much stronger between him and myself.” She was his world.

A single nod, “It certainly is.” It would protect itself above all others. Chuckling, “The Beasts survival is above everything else. It will take over to protect itself if it needs to. There are some who have spoken of letting the Beast take over and letting the chips fall where they may. Of course, they have no memory of what happened or what they did, but there are those that enjoy it.” It was…odd. She didn’t think she enjoyed it when she lost control, but hell, maybe she did. The Beast blocked out all forms of humanity and thinking. It was survival or fight. Pausing, “The life of what?” no, the Savage hadn’t seen it.

“There may come a time when you don’t have a choice in the matter. Be it from anger, fear or hunger, it may happen.” Then there were those like Gangrels who could stoke the Beast within another. Let it loose or pull it back in.

If Ale noticed the Daeva stopping herself from saying something, she doesn’t let on. “The Traditions will be upheld above anything else.” This was something she would not budge on for anyone. Hell, she sold out her Priscus years ago to the Prince to uphold the Laws.

“I do wish you luck with that, and I hope you find whatever you search for. But always remember, sometimes the answers don’t solve the problem or being peace.”

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity might lack a great deal of knowledge about anything not surface level when it comes the kindred world. And this largely leaves her, to her own musings and trying to make sense of things from her own perspective. It does not stop her being interested in something she never really had. An education. 'I see. It must be nice knowing there is something in this world, so eternally loyal to you.' Because well, kindred are well kindred. 'If the bond is stronger do you think there is a link between the beast and higher thinking then?' What that link might be is beyond this Daeva but it might be possible? 'Even if he can't do everything a human ghoul can. I can see the why someone would want to have such a companion.' She had other questions such as how does sleep work for him? But that seems ... to probing.

What thing on Earth doesn't fight tooth and claw to survive? But the expounding did make it sound more separate, more other, then some manifest or splintered part of herself. 'I don't think I would enjoy that.' She partied hard and could seem impulsive to some other kindred but she was never out of control. At least she didn't think so. 'The Life of Pi. Its a film. and a book I think.' It was probably a book. 'A kid gets stranded on a life raft in the ocean with only a tiger for company.' It might have been a true story?. 'He ends up being grateful for the tiger. Its presence, the knowledge if he ever displayed weakness or slipped up he would be eaten, kept him alert and in the end alive.' As allegories go she might be reaching a little here. 'It could be worth a watch.' Bit of a weak finish. 'Or a read.' The prince after all did have a book out.

Hunger. Memories of the road. 'I've known hunger.' Not feeling it as keenly was part of why she felt grateful to this kindred she didn't know. 'Traveling from Detroit I felt it.' And can see how easy it would be to loose yourself to it. 'Its tempting in a way. Pull the plaster of, let it happen once so you know.' Once burned. 'But I fear it more.' The loss of control, the not knowing what would happen. the surrender.

Her experience of elder kindred being rather limited, and of that not good, the prince is a delightful break from tradition. She inclines he head briefly in admiration and respect of the prince's resolve. But has nothing to say that wouldn't count as flattery.

If I get all the luck she's wishing me I should play the lottery. 'Thank you.' She seems so detached, I wonder if she means it or its just a reactionary response? 'I know that, I do. But I won't know either way until I find it. And in the mean time, its an objective to focus on.' Something to fill her nights.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m surprised by the interest, and you’re the first Kindred to ask about him.” Most have enough fear to keep their distance and not speak of him. “I suppose, but loyalty has its limits.” And while she wasn’t sure what Cain’s limits were, she was comfortable having him watch her over while she slept. Now that was a difficult question, “I’m not sure to be honest. We know there is some form of intelligence, for it knows to survive, though that is a basic instinct at best.” But she didn’t know, wasn’t even something she had given much thought to. “I am able to communicate on a basic level with him, it’s part of how we bonded when he was given to me.” It was part of being a Gangrel, being closer to the Beast, closer to animals.

A chuckle, “You’re not supposed to enjoy it. Especially when others tell you about what you did.” Because she wouldn’t remember any of it. “Sounds like quite the story. And I’ll be honest, it wouldn’t be something I would seek out on my own to read.” Didn’t sound all that interesting to be honest, “But I’ll take a look at it.” The Savage was always willing to try something new.

“Fearing it is not a bad thing, we should all fear it. We lose all control to it, waking in the aftermath with no memory of it. The Beast will do things you would never do, but it will still reflect upon you.” For losing control.

“Having something to focus on, a goal of sorts, is always a good thing. Tends to keep people out of trouble.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Eyes brow jolt up and back down. 'And that surprises me. I can't think why someone wouldn't ask about him.' Sure he looks like he wants to tear my guts out, but like any dog its not the danger in the equation, its master is. 'Having not seen one before its only natural I would want to know more about them.' I pride myself on danseing as well as any kindred I come across, and that often involves filling gaps of information mum left. 'Well at least you can be sure he is not plotting anything.' She nearly made a dogs playing poker joke but decides against it. They had only just hit a conversation topic after all. 'Oh intelligence I readily admit, but higher thinking seems to contest the beast more effectively if the blood has more power over an animal than a man when it comes to making a ghoul.' There's no way I can be the first to wonder this. Do we just need to put kindred through night school every few decades? 'That must be so cool. What's it like talking to animals?' And how many kine would kill for that power alone? Verity seems to be intrigued by the idea.

Yeah that's what I don't want to lose control only to find out I did things. 'I'm not naïve enough to think I'll be that kindred. The one who vows to never loose control.' Because come on there's just way to much that can set it off. 'But I'm going to try dam hard not to.' That the prince places even enough value on what she says to take a book recommendation is a flutter of pride for the Daeva a sign she can't be doing that badly.

But does um and arh a little over the last point and how to phrase. 'I'd say that depends on the goal. But at least for me yes it should work to that end quite well.'
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to laugh, “I’m not surprised, he is a Hell Hound who’s sole purpose is to protect and serve me. It wouldn’t even take a command from me for him to fulfill his role. So you are either too young and naïve to be truly afraid of just what he is, or stupid. And I like to think you’re not stupid.” At least she hadn’t proven to be stupid yet. “A Ghoul,” a nod to Gabriel, still standing off in the shadows until he was needed, “is still in every way a human. They are capable of feelings and emotions, and if neglected or abused, can turn on their Master. The blood seems to have a different effect on Cain, he was brought up on it from a young age. I don’t know the exact reasoning behind it.” And she really didn’t care. “What’s it like?” something she had never been asked. “Not something I’ve put much thought into, as a Gangrel, it’s just something we do. Though I do find some animals more intelligent than some Kine and Kindred, the company more enjoyable. But it’s just like second nature to me. It’s useful when you’re on your own.” It wasn’t something she could explain.

“Pretty much all you can do is hope to not be that Kindred.” And hope no one gently stirs the Beast within for amusement. “But at the end of the night, we’ll all, at some point, be that Kindred.”

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Eyes furrow and smooth over again. 'I've met kindred, some more interested in the nature of our existence then others. But his existence, how he came to be, that the blood effects him and differently to how it effects humans. It just seems like an important facet of understanding our nature.' So why wouldn't they ask. 'I would credit it to youth. I'm smart enough to see he would do me significant harm, or deliver final death if I was careless.' I'm not going to try petting him if that's what your thinking.

Her head tips to one side as she considers. 'So its like dealing with kine for Daeva, just something we do.' Passively and with results that would render most phycologists mute when done actively. 'Which is probabaly why I'm still so drawn to them.' What she was now needed them, was built to entangle and manipulate them, to make them do as she wished while thinking they still had chosen to do so. 'Regardless I find a lot of them dull and boring, that's been true since my heart still beat.' Living wasted directionless lives. 'But its worth it for the ones who aren't.'

We're all going to be that kindred who claims they will never lose control? maybe I muddled my point, time for a topic change. Verity looks thoughtful and accepting of the prince's words for a moment. 'It makes me wonder how mum manages to stay in control. She does some stupid stuff that my beast cringes at just hearing about. A little bit ago she declared she was going to race the sunrise.' Pause as Verity has to remember that conversation. 'Nothing me or my sister said worked and so she went sky diving at night literally racing the sun to her landing point.' That had been a stressful night. 'She won ... and survived.' To keep doing insane stuff, that no other kindred would dare to think of never mind do.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t understand it, but it worked and that was all that mattered to her. “I don’t think it would matter if you were careless or not, he is trained and is expected to do one thing, and he does it well.” While there were times it was exhilarating to be the one to issue Final Death, there is a level of amusement at watching it done by Cain.

“Still drawn to Kine?” a hint, tiny, but there, of confusion. What had that been like? She can’t even remember. “In what sense? Socially, or have you found another use for them aside from the basic dinner option.” She was really curious. Some cattle could be entertaining, but to be drawn to them was foreign to her.

While it wasn’t a question asked, she still thinks of it as a question, “Hard to say. Some Kindred have ways to calm a raging Beast, or she may just have damn good composure. I don’t see everything as being impossible, Kindred find ways to beat the odds and as you say, race the sun. She also has some luck on her side.” Or was just fucking crazy. Maybe both.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity inclines her head. If the thing was built to kill, she would have problems fending it off long enough to run. 'Well I never plan to give you.' Look to the dog. 'Or him. A reason to show me just how effective he is.' What else do you say to someone who's telling you there pet can and will kill you?

'I think.' Emphasis on this because she is not experienced or schooled enough to be sure. 'It's like you said with you animals. But for Me and kine. A Daeva thing I think.' Our gifts are to unknowingly pull and direct the states and emotions of humans, or what's left of humanity, we need them to be ourselves. 'Food yes. Sex not as good but still as regularly as I eat, and now comfortably with a wider range then I had while alive.' Oversharing? Maybe. But it wasn't something she was ashamed of. 'But being around them talking, playing, engaging ... it brings up memories of stuff I did and still do. It applies emotions I had in life to new situations.' Not new emotions though. 'For example I loved an active crowd when I lived but only went to events that I liked. Now if the crowd is good I can almost get that feeling back seemingly regardless of the event.' She's rambling trying to explain something she does not understand. And avoids directly saying it isn't quite the same, that it does lack something. 'They keep me human.' That might have been easier to say from the start.

Verity didn't know that was possible and it shows in her interest and surprise. 'Ways to calm it.' If mum can she never said. 'That gives me a lot to think about.' They might be basic premises but each redefined what the beast is, how it engages how it interacts.

Verity grins a little wistfully at the talk of kindred like her sire who dared to do. 'I'd like to meet more kindred like that, ones who were motivated enough to overcome, to push the boundaries and see what waited on the other side.' Kindred who chose to be kindred and not walking talking corpses.
    Health

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread