(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Kindred in power cannot be everyone’s friend, it sets you up to fail, and does the Domain a disservice. Wanting to be liked is ok, I suppose, but having everyone like you doesn’t make you a strong leader. Simply put, you cannot please everyone, you will always make enemies, and the sooner he understands it, the better for that Domain.” Why did people need to be liked? She knew of two Kindred who, maybe, liked her. And she was fine with it, and would be fine if the number was zero. “There is a balance, and not everyone can achieve it.” Did she like having to be the one to order someones Final Death? No, but there was times it needed to be done, and enemies would be made from it. It was the Danse.

“Only places I would recommend would be dive bars, I don’t make a habit of visiting the more, popular, clubs. Usually only one visit to familiarize myself with it, but Dive Bar is worth checking out if you haven’t. They employee men and women to swim as mermaids above the bar, but they’re drink menu is pretty decent.” She enjoyed the atmosphere there. Her other requirements? The Savage didn’t have a recommendation.

Now that was an answer, she had yet to hear in her years upon years of unlife, “Worth Embracing? Worth to you or Kindred society” seriously? “I do know there are some Sire’s who Embrace as a sort of joke, but I haven’t come across it in years. But that’s only something you can decide, no reputation is going to elevate that in someone elses mind. So long as you are happy and doing things that feel, important, to you, why do others thoughts on it matter?” what was it with some Kindred and wanting a worthwhile reputation to others?
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe
      Blush, Be in Awe, Vice: HE STOLE MY THING

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The two of you are very different there's no denying that, but you both terrify me. Verity must feel she hasn't done a good job getting across the prince of Detroit is a dangerous individual because she answers with a story. 'One time at his court, some upstart challenged him. Everything went deadly quite. The prince just strolled over to him, put his arm around the guys shoulders, looked him in the eye and said. There's no need for language like that were all friends here aren't we?' Verity leaves the fact the upstart had no options by this point unsaid. 'The guy backed down saying yes of course. Things went back to normal.' Pause. 'Next court it was announced hunters got him.' Yeah right. 'There is only one person that prince is trying to please.' So maybe he has the balance wrong after all.

Dive bars are not her thing, to quiet usually, but Verity listens, Eyes widening slightly as the prince expounds. 'I haven't yet, that's quite the gimmick I'm going to need to pay it a visit.' That's definitely a new one. 'Thank you for the pointer.' That could be a good time, now who to go with?

The clarification is measured, absolute and the few words do nothing to hide the fact that Verity values her own self worth above almost anyone or anything. 'Worth to me.' She shakes her head. 'It was no Joke.' No like everything else. 'It was a whim, spur of the moment. That was the first night I met her.' My last as human. 'I don't have lineage. There wasn't time spent deliberating. I didn't earn it. I wasn't some dammed soul. Or pious faithful looking to do God's work. Or even a skillful academic. I don't come from money, or held any influence to speak of.' I'm the equivalent of a night of sloppy sex where protection wasn't used. Unintended. Something that seems to sit poorly with the Daeva.

Verity mimes a sigh. 'I am grateful. To her, for this.' And I do care about her, and the rest. 'But I need to know why. I need to make something of this. I need to know who I am in this world.' Because for all she has given, that's what she took. 'That's why I want to build my name, so I can learn that.' Good grief this probabaly sounds like the whining of a stupid child.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her head cocks slightly to the side, “And that is supposed make a Domain that both fears and respects him?” sounding outright confused, “Problem Kindred need to be made an example out of, and that’s not handled silently away from public eye. I would never have spent much time in such a Domain, it doesn’t feel secure or safe to me. Then again, I quite enjoy Execution Courts, they’re quite exhilarating.” At least to her. But she also doesn't have a strong drive to be liked.

A quick nod, “I think you’ll enjoy it, they usually have a crowd, but not too big of a crowd, and the mermaids have shows every hour.” She hadn’t been in while, maybe it was time to head over there.

A hand waves dismissively, “Lineage is overrated in my opinion.” Yes, she was Invictus, but she still had her own beliefs. “I’ve seen too many use lineage as a crutch, expecting everything to be handed to them without having to do any work.” She hated it. Sure, she came from money and influence, in Italy, not here. Here she busted her ass and earned every ounce of respect and dollar she had.

“What does the why get you? Even if you find this mysterious why, does it subtract from what you’ve been able to accomplish, or will accomplish without knowing?” did everything need a purpose? “But either way, I wish you luck with the task. Having a goal, something to focus on, is a good way to stay out of trouble.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity rocks her head back and forth slightly deliberating. ‘Fear him, definitely.’ I should be careful here, after all what do I know of ruling kindred. ‘In a perverse way you knew where you stood. Keep him happy, be friendly usually no problems.’ Usually.The cloak and dagger method helped his reputation I think. Whenever anything unexplained happened there was always someone whispering he was behind it.’ Raised eyebrows show she however, doubts that. ‘I would have to imagine there are as many ways to lead kindred as there are courts in the world.I can’t imagine any two doing it exactly the same. ‘Each moulded by its prince.’ Note to self. Don’t give her a reason to execute me. ‘When was the last execution court?we're just talking about something she enjoys, it’s not going to happen. Even if being in the gaze of an apex predator definitely had her feeling less then sure.

Interest peaked. ‘I can safely say I’ve never seen a mermaid show before.’ I can’t imagine a crowd screaming and cheering to it, but it’ll certainly be interesting … like a sea lion show at the zoo I imagine. The thought seems to take her for a moment. ‘Odd question … do you think they could be real, mermaids?’ Clearly more of a momentary curiosity then deep-seated interest.

That was an unexpected thing to hear and it made Verity like the prince just a little more. And she actually laughs a little. ‘I don’t know if I should envy or pity such as those.Pity I reckon. ‘By Birth, Embrace or choice it seems everything has made sure I don’t have a stick never mind a crutch.’

Verity shakes her head to this. ‘The why is, there is no why. She just felt like it in the moment.’ That’s the sticking point, that’s what seems to hurt. ‘It was amazing for a few weeks till the next thing caught her interest.’ That is her way though. ‘That’s when I first wanted to know. Tried to justify it to myself for a while. To find a reason. Eventually I asked.’ Verity Shrugs her shoulders loose and dismissive, the movement doesn’t seem to fit her usual posture or cadence of movement, she’s mimicking someone. ‘And that was her answer. Because I felt like it.’ That’s why she gave me this gift. ‘So, I decided to prove to myself I was worth more than a impulse decision.’ She gestures around with her hands as if to say and here I am.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Cloak and dagger works for some matters, but not all. But I’ve also never been the type to bite my tongue, I’ll let you know at that moment you fucked up.” A pause, “And handle it.” Cloak and dagger bullshit worked for cattle matters. Whispers were also bullshit and served no purpose. “Oh, let see,” a brief moment to think, “it was a couple years ago, the ashes still sit in vases on display.” They were a bit more difficult to arrange with no one really fucking up since. “They send a message, and this one was felt, heard, and has been respected.” there was a hint, a sparkle of joy and entertainment in her eyes talking about it. But she can’t wait for the next one, as soon as all the players are assembled.

An eyebrow arches, “Odd question indeed, and no, I do not think they could be real.” Not the oddest question she’d heard, but still, odd.

“Lineage attempts to force an individual into a pigeonhole without knowing who they are. Making the Kindred either succumb to what is put on them or rebel. And then Domains are forced to deal with those that rebel.” A shake of her head, “I find it a blessing of sorts to being created without such a crutch, gives one the chance to forge their own path.” And they’re easier to deal with later in the Danse.

Maybe the Daeva misunderstood her, “The why is never important. Hence my statement that even if you knew it, it wouldn’t be able to change the path you’ve been making for yourself. I hate to break it to you, but your Sire never owed you a why, very few of us get that.” Oh to be this young again. “So if you have your answer, why dwell on it?” because it sounded like she had some deep setting issues.

“Wanting to prove yourself to, well, yourself, isn’t a bad thing. Just try and not hold onto the grudge, it will eat you alive,” a pausing, “trust me on that one. Drop it and focus on you.” Ale doesn’t do advice, she personally hated it, but it sounded like the kid needed a direction. But that was all she was going to get from the Savage, who thought Kindred needed to drop the emotional bullshit and be adults.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

A slightly chastened look crosses Verity's face. 'Yeah I. I got the message about my wardrobe misstep.' From you, the seneschal, Jacque and just about the entire court. 'And of course I saw how Father Lamech was handled.' What was he even trying to do, hiding like that? Verity metaphorically bits her tongue she almost said something flattering on instinct. 'Haven't seen him since.' But no whispers that you might have vanished him. 'So It seems he made his choice.' A loss? doubtful. Verity does not seem phased by the missing priest.

That's a morbid quirk. How effective would those be unless kindred know what's in them? Verity definitely seems more hesitant on this topic. 'What, what did they do?' If not flattery then things of interest. So she perseveres. 'Will the domain be seeing another soon?' Given there's a blood hunt underway I would have to guess so.

She shrugs. 'Fair enough.' Not having strong opinions on the matter. The flight of fancy satisfied and already just a memory.

'That's a good point how could I be a square peg if there's no round hole to be forced into.' But in a way even that would be something. 'I'll count my blessings.' Verity tilts her head. 'Being here really makes me aware how few kindred I've discussed things like this with.' Created. 'Mum always spoke so poetically about what we are, she really actually seemed to think it was a blessing.' And acts like it. 'That rubbed off on me.' In a major way. 'But kindred here talk of it as a condition, to be created. Its very different.' Cold, clinical, detached even.

Verity does look confused. 'Is it not common for kindred to question the purpose of their existence? I disagree.' Strongly. 'With the Lancea but the question remains.' And its so big ... such a change as this ... 'Part of that for me was wanting to know why she decided to go against the very fundamentals of our nature. Whys she embraces childe. My siblings and myself.' That's a fair point. 'Your right she didn't owe me an answer, so even getting one that didn't satisfy should be better the nothing.' Memories of that first night flicker through her mind. 'The last time I had this conversation, I woke the next night with a heart that no longer beat.' Lets hope for no such changes tonight shall we. 'When I was mortal I knew who I was but had lost sight of why I did what I did.' Its a truncated version that much is clear. 'As a kindred I know why I do what I do, but not who I am in this world.' She leaves it hoping that explains her predicament well enough.

Verity furrows her brow. 'Grudge?' She shakes her head. 'I don't hold it against her. We're close, still in fact. We text.' When she remembers. 'She gave me the gift of eternity and the tools to be who and whatever I want to.' And Verity does seem grateful about this. 'I just needed the distance to give myself the best chance of finding out who and what that is. It was my sense of self worth that took the hit, and its myself I need to prove something to. Not her.' Mum gave up the right to expectations when she told me that, if she even had any in the first place. Verity doesn't look away, but she doesn't make direct eye contact. 'Its as you said I have my answer. Now its on me to see what I make of it.'
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Our choices, or lack of them, have consequences.” Applied to both. “All involved were lucky I was in a good and forgiving mood that night.” From the look in her dark eyes, the Daeva was as well. “But good moods are not to be taken as a sign of weakness, I don’t forgive the same mistakes. Once is a mistake, twice is a habit.” Verity would do well to listen.

Ale looked surprised at the question; shouldn’t it be obvious? “They broke the Laws and were made an example of, plain and simple. Execution Courts are reserved for the most grievous of offenses. I’m not about to end the Danse of someone for a minor offense.” A cold, calculated smile spread across her blood red lips, “I’m not a monster.” All the time. “Perhaps, I don’t like to announce them until the month before. So I won’t confirm or deny if another on is planned.” They weren’t the easiest things to plan after all. There were security precautions to put into place.

A nonchalant shrug, “It can be a difficult topic for some to discuss. Some might also be too old to really remember what that time was like.” A chuckle, “Like myself for example, I don’t remember much of my own Sire.” Only seeing him met Final Death in front of her. “Some call it a blessing, some call it a curse, I suppose it depends on your outlook of things. I think both describe it equally.” A little bit of both. “Well, in a way, we were created. I don’t look at the whole condition side of it, that seems a bit more Ordo than anything else. When Kine have children, don’t they create them?” shrugging once again, “In a way, it’s the same for us. A decision is made, a child is born.” She wasn’t stupid, she knew it was not the same, it was a form of speech. But from how the Savage spoke, she was detached from the whole thing, not really caring, seeing it for what it was.

“Oh I don’t know. I know I don’t, and I haven’t heard anyone else really talk about it. If someone wants to question their existence, that’s on them. Purpose is where you find it or where you make it. I don’t need my Sire, or my Covenant to give me purpose, I’ve created my own, and continue to do so.” The difference between her and a lot of Kindred. She didn’t need anyone to give her purpose. “An interesting question, and probably one you will never get an answer to. I know some Kindred who have Embraced because they were lonely and wanted something to love them, to fill some weird hole they had. Others get a thrill out of it, Embracing someone a rival had their eye on. There can be hundreds of reasons.”

Wiping off her tools, without looking up, “You are who you decide you want to be. You can reinvent yourself, or stick with what you remember and know. Your Sire cannot give you that, nor can anyone else, you need to figure it out.” Were all young Kindred like this? It had been a couple years since Ale had talked with one. And do they all complain and whine and want answers? Take what you have and run with it, create yourself.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity nods, intent to show she is listening to both the spoken words and unspoken sentiment. 'I get that. Same principle as silence speaks volumes.' Maybe I shouldn't have brought attention to this, oh well we're here now. She decides its best to not speak on the the princes moods, rather just accepting she had been shown grace. 'I thank you for it.' Is gratitude any better than flattery? 'I don't make the same mistake twice.' Pride doesn't allow it. 'I listen, I learn.' The outfit she's got on today shows a notable difference in fashion awareness then what she had on that night. 'I've already got something picked out. I'm just waiting for all the bits to arrive.' The internet is a very convenient thing.

A thin smile flicks across her perfectly symmetrical mouth. 'Yes I had gathered as much.' I'm not an idiot. 'I was just wondering more specifically. Was it an attempted assassination? An attempt to overthrow you? Did they give someone final death?' Never mind flattery, how do you view idle conversation? Something tells me not favourably. That smile would send chills down Verity's spine and does little and less to make the topic more appealing. 'Well should it come to pass, it'll be my first. A new experience.' Neither confirm or deny, perhaps, there is a little showmanship in you.

She had heard of that of course, but is no where close to reaching a point where it affects her. 'That must be an interesting point of existence. When your experienced so much.' When more of your memories are of kindred life then kine what does that do to you I wonder? 'Bit of both. So like mortal life then it has its better and worse parts.' That's a very mature way to look it actually. Very centred. Her eyes go wide just as she appreciates the prince's perspective. 'True. We never get a choice if we are born. Its just because our parents wanted to make a life.' That's just as applicable to kindred. 'The choice we get is the same as well then. What we do with it.' Verity has a level of investment in what she says, there's still emotional inflection in her speech, One of many small habits still present in her conduct. Interest and appreciation for the wisdom writ clear in her eyes.

Are we going in circles, or is she just ignoring what I'm saying. I have my purpose I know what it is I want to do. I've taken steps to do it just by being here. Verity seems to have lost the thread of the conversation for a moment because she is sure she has answered what the Prince is saying, in almost the same words. Then the picking up tools that had been put down make the penny drop, if someone reaches for another task mid conversation its almost always for one reason. Verity dips her head for what she says next, to show it isn't meant disrespectfully, that in fact she has no desire to waste the prince's time. 'Prince Antinori. If I'm boring you I can be about my business and leave you to yours.' But she won't leave without being dismissed, she won't turn her back she knows much better then that.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod of her head, “I suppose time will tell.” Words were just that, words. Actions mean more to this Savage.

Despite her enjoyment of Execution Courts, she doesn’t feel the need to rehash a done topic. “The Laws were broken and there was a consequence for it. There is no need to discuss it.” And she was tired of talking about past Kindreds transgressions. “It was handled accordingly.” And that was that.

“I suppose it is, but it can also bring you closer to the Beast within, closer losing touch with whatever humanity remains. So it’s a dangerous line to walk.” It was hard for her at times to hold on to the humanity, that bit of human nature. She’s stepped over it before, she became closer with her own Beast, it had been terrifying and exhilarating. But she pushed past it to reclaim some shred of humanity.

It looked like Verity saw wisdom in whatever Ale had said, which to be honest, she had just been tossing things out. “Choices are what makes us into who we are. And only you get to decided which way you go with them.” Ale could tell someone what to do, but at the end of the day, personal choice would always win out.

“If you had been boring me, I would have already had you removed.” Simple. “I was just getting lost in my thoughts. Many young Kindred seek what you are seeking, proving themselves, making a name for themselves. I just have to wonder what drives them. Your story is not a new one to me.” It was just how it was; she’d heard the take time and time again. Maybe she should get a punch card now? Neonate bingo maybe?

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity has no desire to challenge the prince on the issue, nor any way short of disciplines to convince her otherwise. And as her trembling beast was constantly reminding her, that would be suicide if discovered. So Verity inclines her head in a prolonged nod accepting the Princes judgement of the situation. Oh it will tell.

Yeah definitely not one for small talk.
    With the Prince dead ending a topic she had seemed interested in Verity is far from deterred, cracking tough nuts is the sign of social mastery. Eyes flick very briefly around the situation landing on ... oh interesting. 'That's a hell hound isn't it?' She had seen the dog of course both today and at court but the presence of the prince's beast had the effect to drive a lot of other things into the background for a while.

It Is. She must be older then I realised. 'What. What do think the beast is?' What are we getting closer to? 'I mean its not physical clearly. We can't cut open our innards and pull out a squirming parasite.' Not a question the Daeva has given much thought to yet. She hasn't reached the point of considering that part of her nature. 'I understand its dangerous. It isn't human.' Or is what's left of human when morality and higher thinking have flown the coop at best. 'And yet some kindred must find ways to manage it or they wouldn't reach the ages they have.' Made sense to her at least.

Is there a difference between a story being old hat enough that you don't focus on it and boredom? Either way I'm here to stay it seems. 'There seem to be a surprising number of parallels between adolescent children and young kindred. Both seek freedom from parental figures. Both push rules and make mistakes they have to learn from or face bitter consequences. Both want to know their place in the wider scheme of things.' Given her own adolescence was still recent enough that she could contrast the two, it seemed fairly obvious to her. 'I can't speak for others but that explains my drive. It is the human in me. Humans define themselves by their place in things. Society, clubs, jobs, social circles. By achievements and accolades, with titles and prestige.' Verity doesn't feel the need to make the comparison between kine and kindred again. 'Strip all that away and what is a human? what do they have left?' This is getting way to philosophical for me, good thing I still hang out with humans on the regular. 'The need to define oneself is a human urge.' And definitely not a predator proving its might, skill and ability, not that at all.
    Health

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread