There are several traits used to describe the Summer Queen. Gun crazy often comes up, which is accurate. But that means it says a lot of things when she doesn't like a gun. For the angry gun bunny has standards. With many loop holes, but still standards.

There has to be something very bad about a gun for her to dislike it.

Take what she was bringing back to Leon as an example. Bullpup assault weapons are a fascinating design. Rear loading to save space as barrel length is the length of the gun. Similar to how pistols work, just scaled up. A cool design in appearance since it differed from the normal rifles quite a lot.

Such advanced weapons should be something to attract Circe's interest. So why not this one?

Well, as she opens the bag to show the improved version she brought back, the elfin Larcenist is scowling at Leon.

"Whoa. One day and your already done fixing it?" Leon asks her.

"Ha!" She barks, "Fixing a giant pile of dog shit is impossible. It is now a smaller pile."

Circe hands him the rifle and starts pointing to parts. The new ring sight is first, "It now has a reflexive sight, instead of nothing. I lubricated and preserved the insides," slaps the body of the gun, "AFTER opening it ta remove some shit."

She pulls out a plastic bag from a pocket. It has a set of very rusted cog wheels and a grey rectangle. "Really hard ta open too. Hex wrench and screwdriver both needed, fun," she waves her free hand before shaking the plastic bag, "These damn things did nothing but rust and flake inta the gun. I also replaced a rubber and wood suspension with actual springs," she snarls, "Pen springs but anything is an improvement. Provide or pay me for the better."

Leon can't speak as she keeps going, "Cleaning and treating the internals was only basic. I ain't spending chrome on it. Might not help, given how bad it is. And the damned banana mags!"

She pulls out a box magazine instead. Much smaller than the banana, "If ya ain't a lefty, it angles to jam inta the shooter. Now it don't. Half ammo, but it is functional. Still underpowered for a rifle cartridge and a bitch ta fix. It is shit!"

Leon looks down at the gun, then up at her. "The Soviet carbines are better then the Soviet bullpup?"

Circe gives him a flat look, "Yes. Sell 'em ta bad guy countries and ya can bullshit the cops ta say yer sabotaging them."