(Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Definitely unhappy for a moment there but over what? Dam it I can't tell. Just keep playing it honest, this is about proving your worth after all.

Verity follows along with the brief explanation, back straight, paying full attention. 'Thank you for sating my curiosity Seneschal. Knowing that, we can discuss it later if you think it necessary, but it seems a side detail for the matter at hand.' So they targeted a special Invictus ghoul, just adds a little severity to the crime in some eyes I guess.

The development. Good question. Verity mimes an airless sigh. 'Truthfully I don't know how to feel about it. I don't know the Priscus well enough to know if this was something he showed intentionally, a flash in the pan reaction, or a rare slip of a mask he wears.' An index finger caresses her check as she thinks it over. 'If he does act to do me harm, well you both have warning of it I guess.' What else is there to do. 'If he moves to harm me unjustly, I'll make it as politically damming as I can mange.' All of this is for his benefit after all. Verity Shrugs, its a problem for another night, if it comes at all, and if it does she's made it clear she'll fight her corner.

Okay, second compliment, so maybe not upset with me personally? Something I said then? Or is this a continuation from court? Eyes slide slowly to the Reeve, still standing. Before back to the Seneschal. To much information in he air, next time give it out slower that might make her reactions easier to pick out.

Continuing to listen with respect and interest. Make an end to it? well its better then not being involved at all. She Thinks. Hard. Brow furrowing. But nothing comes to mind that she has withheld. 'I've told you everything I can on the matter of the Blood Hunt Seneschal.' Its a weak finish, no golden bullet to cement a good impression, at least Verity thinks so.

Head turning to the Reeve again, green eyes watching awaiting, her contributions.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened, yet does not respond to everything that was stated. She focussed on staying on her point.

"I spent some time with the Priscus for the purpose of concluding the Blood Hunt. As the Mekhet Priscus chose to stay in the car and meditate on cards.
    It's possible that your issue is to be one of a political nature."

A quagmire all of itself.
    "You have shared enough, Ms. Carmen."
    The look to Ms. Carmen is professional, not holding any signs of annoyance or irritation.

Yet the stare that Helen Kingsley is fixed with is cold.
    "I truly do not understand your lack of respect or sense of responsibility in this situation."
    Jennifer turned away from where Helen stood. She treats the position as though it were empty, as though the person who was there had left from there on out.

"Do you have something that you would like to elaborate on?
    Or something that you wish to discuss."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Turning back to the Seneschal as she continued. 'If it becomes it, then so be it.' A smirk flickers across her face. 'But that would require the Priscus to be more active then the rumour mill suggests he currently is.' She moves a strand of hair back into place, it having fallen as she moved her head. 'And if he is stirred to action to move against me, rather than ... playing cards while others seek to end those that threaten him.' Using the Seneschal's just dropped titbit to show how close attention she was paying. She shrugs. 'Well that itself would be rather telling.' But to earn the title of Priscus from his clan he can't always have been this way surely?

Verity nods in acknowledgment of the Seneschals judgement of her contributions. She's either done hiding it, or showing exactly what she wants to be seen, either way that's a stark difference in vibes she's giving off.

Eyes flicking once more, briefly to the Reeve to see how she responds to being chastised. A fly on the wall then, for the time being anyway.

Verity considers the move, her words have already been less then favourable on the other kindred of the domain. But they did concern me. And casting doubt on them could open space for me to move into that field? 'Yes, Seneschal, A concern.'

Verity moves to mime clearing her throat and continues speaking. 'I contacted the coterie of Ms. Clarke and arranged a meet in a supermarket. I arrived early blushed, and went about shopping for groceries, arriving in the isle the meeting was arranged at first, I spent the time browsing, while I waited. Mr. Jake arrived not blushed from what I could tell, he walked right up to me, made the most token attempt at looking natural, even after I suggested he up his game. We spoke, and he left the store without buying anything.' This seems trivial, and probabaly is, but the lack of effort he had put into the covert meeting had annoyed Verity. It shows. 'I brought my stuff and met him in his car, he took me to the rest of his coterie.' I'm beginning to see why their haven might have been burnt down if they are this sloppy.

She continues. 'Once there we negotiated that they would take time to find details on the activates of Raul, not having been able to reach him myself this felt like the next best thing, and whatever they can find on the state of he blood hunt. All they had to say on that so far, was no official statement had been issued yet.' As kindred in the domain, shouldn't they have been helping at the least? 'What they wanted in exchange is detailed information on the activities allies, enemies, goals and everything else that could be had, of.' Verity gestures with a thumb over her shoulder. 'Reeve Kingsley as top priority I've told her as much.' What I didn't share with her however. 'And yourself second.' Putting her hand back on the arm of the chair. 'Knowing I planned to meet with you before I met with them again. I agreed and, they are meant to call me when they have what I want.' The question, So how do you want to play this? is left unspoken but Verity's look of curiosity implies it.
    Health

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"More active than he currently is. How active is he reported?"
    A moment of interest there. Jennifer had already stated her opinion there, and was comfortable moving on.

"The coterie was used by former Reeve Durant. I do not know much about them or their practices. I believe that they had some trouble.

It is quite possible that they want to know what influential members of the Court want. Running errands and doing favors for the Reeve and Seneschal is a good way to gain influence or information.
    I do not know much about this coterie. I believe that they are trying to become relevant by proving themselves valuable. As the former Whip left town, I imagine that agreement might need to be fiddled with. It can take time for confirmation on departures.
    Have you talked to Ms. Simone Perez? I get the impression that she is older than the coterie. Yet I am a bit concerned about a public dust up between her and Priscus Baker.

Do you have any thoughts?
    Do you have concerns?"

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity gives a small shrug. 'Most don't have a bad word to say about him, but sprinkled in are musing that he is quiet. His refusal to leave his haven to look for his would be assailants says a lot to.' If that does not stir someone to action, what does?

Misty Green eyes narrow. 'Its possible, certainly possible. But they didn't ask what you wanted, they asked who your allies and enemies are. Unless they plan to spy on your enemies for you and hand out over a surprise gift of intelligence.' Or they could look to shore up other relationships.

Her eyes spring open, looking a little taken aback. 'If I'm going to work with them, I need them to trust I can fulfil on my end of the bargain, not wriggle like a worm when circumstances conspire to disadvantage me, and word around court is that Raul has left, so I'll stick it out, who knows there might be something of worth still.' Head leans a little to the side. 'Besides This could be an interesting opportunity to hunt for that deception you asked me to look for. I could feed them something on The reeve and yourself, then we wait and see from who's lips its next heard?' And how intact the rumour remains.

Verity shakes her head. 'I heard two guys talking about that, she was sitting alone at court. I haven't had the pleasure personally yet however. More information on Baker do you think? or just useful by virtue of her isolation?' I'd hate to be in that position.

Her right index finger strokes along a cheekbone as he thinks for a moment. 'I have two questions, Seneschal.' Thinking over her phrasing. 'How many of the sisters from the blood hunt are captured?' It would be nice to know who told it right. 'And you said you hosted this meeting to try and bring an end to it. how can I help?' I've done and am doing what you asked, but getting in on this was what I wanted.
    Health

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes. Perhaps we can listen and see if Priscus Baker's behaviour changes this month.

Oh? Have you done any listening on who my allies are reputed to be? I do wonder if anyone would set someone up as my rival."
    A wry smirk.
    Do I keep my emotions tightly guarded enough? I have dropped signs at Court last month, intended to guide someone else's behaviour to a new path.

Jennifer nods slightly to the other information and observation from Verity. She had some ideas, yet she did not share at this time.
    "Court was quiet last month, perhaps no one she wished to speak with? I would be interested on how she interacts with Priscus Baker."

There is something I will consult the Reeve on before things are made public. I had thought that would occur this evening."

Yet the Reeve had other plans.

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

A smile flicks around the corners of Verity's mouth. That sounds like a two birds with stone stone deal. 'Well for now word is Ms Perez had some kind of verbal altercation with her Priscus.' Leaving out that Verity doesn't actually know which clan she is. 'She could be a helpful source of information, if she is currently ill disposed.' True in life and undeath, bitter or angry people can be spiteful or manipulated.

Verity cocks an eyebrow. 'Seneschal who wouldn't claim to be your ally?' Even the most politically dense must be smart enough not to openly challenge you. 'But they were more interested in Reeve Kingsley. I have a few small pieces to work with.' Shrugging. 'But could always use more.'

Shifting in her seat. 'But regarding either The Reeve or yourself I could; lie, trail something true but harmless, or something either of you want passed around. 'The rumour mill has more than one use of course. 'And of course pass along something larger.' Pause. This move carried risk in Verity's mind. 'Such as you having tasked someone with keeping an eye on every kindred at court for deception. Surely such an individual would be seen as your ally, at least by others.' That it also implied a general lack of trust doesn't need to be said in Verity's estimation, its kindred society after all. 'Add to that, such an individual was told about this particular coterie by the Seneschal it could show their colours. Their reaction show if they plan to be of help or harm.' She watches forgetting to blink. Does she approve of this plan?

At the mention of court Verity grimaces a little. 'While our conversation about music was very nice. Yes it was rather quiet. Something I hope doesn't become a regular thing.' She might not fit the theme of the place to well, but court was a place she could do what she did best, if others were present. And Verity seems a little perturbed by the lack of attendance.

Which becomes annoyance, something she fails to hide and is clearly written across her symmetrical features, before regaining control. 'As you wish Seneschal.' I'd have been in the room regardless.
    Health

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considers, yet she does not reveal much. She keeps her body language muted and contained to a small nod, to show that she was actively listening to Verity. Even if she did not respond verbally to everything that was said.
    failure

Although Jennifer believes that she is doing so well, she does appear slightly amused at Verity's show of being perturbed expression that becomes annoyance.

"I am curious about the interest in Reeve Kingsley. Are they angling to become Deputies? We may need one." She admitted, giving Verity a bit of Jennifer's thought process. "Although the Reeve has resisted an official assistant." And dropping a second bit of information.
    "I would keep in mind that the coterie has been in town for a minute. Yet they have not risen. They are likely looking for a way to claw upwards in status." As would any wise Kindred who wants to survive.

"I would be wary of suggesting that you are tasked to look around beyond what you have already admited to the Mekhet Priscus and the Reeve. They have thier own reasons to stay in good standing with me. Yet tying yourself to me publicly, and politically, could be an issue for you in some circles."
    Especially as Verity is not attached to me by Clan or Covenant. She could rise by fielding rumors, or sharing what she learns from me if it appears I did not send her out to do so. Or if someone does not like me. I am sure there are a few out there who would take a swipe at someone not as connected.

Jennifer did not forbid the plan regarding keeping an eye on kindred at court for deception. Nor express any displeasure at it. Verity was a social creature, and this was acceptable social manuevering. Jennifer only mentioned a caution, as she did not want to see Verity get bitten.
    "Court has waves." Jennifer shared. "Some Kindred get pulled into side projects or thier personal goals and vanish for a month or two. The established Kindred such as Reeve Kingsley and Priscus Baker always reappear. There are quieter, less connected Kindred moving around. Trying to stay out of the Prince's gaze or looking for ways to become useful.
    Have you seen Mr. Lamech around? Avoiding the ire of the Prince is a very important thing to do.
    I would appreciate it if you continue to keep an ear out for me. If you hear of anything interesting, call me for a meeting.

I am currently making arrangements to button up the two investigations that are ongoing. Would you be interested in being a part of them, if I will enter the field?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

read emotions 1 success

Is that? is she? am I some kind of joke to them, why do officials here keep looking at me like that? Verity bites her tongue almost literally to stop the retort that wanted to bluster out like a cutting wind.

And as the Seneschal is kind enough to pass across some useful pieces for her to use Verity does calm enough to moderate her next sentence to acknowledgment over something more snappish. 'I'm glad I could amuse you Seneschal.' That's right I see. Would a wiser kindred have kept quiet. probabaly but she wears her pride on her sleeve where it is easily wounded. 'Thank you for the information.' Because inspite of it, remember you manners.

Verity shrugs, she doesn't know the political landscape well enough to have made the call and be sure it was the right one. 'Fair enough. Its just a tool in my arsenal is all, so never worth dismissing out of hand.' But yes maybe this task isn't worth showing that one off. 'Whatever I do, whoever I speak with will get me in bad with someone else.' The scales of relationships. 'Even my lack of covenant entices some to think they can take a shot at me.' A lone predator looks like easier pickings than a several. 'Eventually for one reason or another its unavoidable.' And when it does happen, for whatever reason, I plan to win.

Less connected, looking to make themselves useful. So me then. 'They might be quieter but I'll still give them time of night. Its kindred such as those that can be very useful when approached correctly.' Speaking of approaching correctly or failure to do so. 'No I haven't seen Father Lamech about, odd given he had boasted of hosting some kind of event once he had got set up. I think he might have been scared off, the Prince is ... incredible.' Verity looks for a moment distant, maybe even awed. I wouldn't want to have been in his shoes that's for sure. Then nodding. 'I will if I do, and when I substantiate it.' Just reeling off every rumour I hear would get dull quickly.

Verity Pauses. 'Erm Seneschal a request if I may.' There is a pause before she goes on. Been here only a few months and already asking for favours. 'I've expressed an interest in talking to Mr. Waldorf. And talking to Ms. Perez seems prudent. Would you be able to put me in contact?' Because who better than you to have access to both?

Then perking up notably. Oh maybe she is taking me seriously after all. 'Yes Seneschal I would be very interested.'
    Health

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer focuses on Verity closely for a moment, scrutinizing her reaction.
    "I have my reasons, Ms. Carmen.

The ones who some may see as beneath notice have eyes and ears."
    Jennifer did not give her opinion, yet every member of the Domain in good standing contributed to the Domain.
    "I agree. Her Grace, the Alder Prince, is spctacular.

"Participating in these investigations is important. You shall recieve a call. Things are in motion and we shall need to move quickly to solve these issues."
    "Both of these individuals are regulars at Eternal Court and can be spoken with there. This is thier public address."

Jennifer removed a piece of expensive paper and provided an address for each, carefully adhering to the Masquerade in recording only 'Waldorf' and 'Perez'.
    "You may go. I hope that you are well until we meet again."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread