Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had sent out a request for a meeting. She was dressed down, by her standards, in a vintage dress in green by the Florentine Code.
    Her office was just as it was when she had requested the others to report about the Blood Hunt. Jennifer sat at her desk, quietly penning notes about the Blood Hunt.

Mobile post, links for outfit to come in later post

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The awaited invite had come, the when and where given. That the Seneschal had texted her, surely only spoke to the nosferatu's skills, her number being something she had intentionally withheld thus far. Those that had it ... Ms. Clarke, Raul, Priscus Baker and the Reeve ... I wonder from which she attained it?

Still this meeting served a few purposes mayhaps the least of which was to keep trial running her newer outfit choices to see if they elicited, a more positive response as she made her ways through various fashion blogs, magazines and the like. Tonight the theme: everything can be tied up. Boots easy, Leather pants No they did not tie up but the skirt over them did and Verity actually rather likes the addition. Much less so the Top to gothic for her taste, which necessitated The waistcoat to balance the number of leather and fabric items and keep things more in her chosen style.

Before entering Nox and thus down to Elysia to reach her destination Verity removes her earphones quieting the sound of Megadeath and takes a few moments peace to ready herself for the inevitable exposure to other beasts the visit would bring as she passed through on the way to the blessedly quiet Seneschals office.

As ready as she can be Verity arrives and knocks thrice on the door, waiting to be permitted entry.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The dark brown eyes look up as Verity entered the office, playing down Verity's outfit like a dealer shuffling cards. There was a different theme to this outfit. Unexpected. What could she be going for?
    Jennifer gives a nod for Verity's current standing.

Dark eyes flick to the door.
    Late last time. I shall continue to make good use of this time.

"Ms. Carmen, do come in. Have a seat.
    Another shall be arriving shortly.

I am quite curious what you wish to share first.
    I do expect that you met with someone and gathered something that would interest me?"

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Bowing her head, a convenient way to also, if only a little, help mask the wince, the Seneschals voice was so good at getting from her. 'Good evening Seneschal Hazelton.' Straightening, Another I wonder who? The look of surprise is clear but swift. Verity will walk to one of the vacant chairs and take the offered seat.

Verity mimes a deep breath, as if preparing for a lengthy speech. 'Last we spoke you tasked me with: Keeping an ear out in court for anything that suggests deception. Both in last months formal court and the most recent eternal I arrived as early as I could manage to maximise the time I could circulate among the attendees and listen in. Also keeping my eye to domain officials as they were not excluded from your task.' A subtle thing, but it might prove worthwhile. verity's green eyes have particular focus on the Seneschal here, after all the best read she had was on this very kindred.

Back straight, shoulders unbent, ever the image of self pride. 'Additionally, to speak to Priscus Baker and Whip Dominguez regarding what they know of the bloodhunt and poachers. I have met with the Priscus and tried to make contact with Raul multiple times to no success. The Priscus was helpful to a point.' There's more to him, that I know.

Eyes do fall away as she begins working in earnest to make sure her recollection is sound. 'You added that I should ask around domain kindred and see what they know of it, this is in progress.' I'm making an effort, I'm not a miracle worker.

She nods, if only to herself confirming her train of thought and choice of words. 'Finally you also agreed meeting with coterie of Ms. Clarke might prove useful, and it might well have.' Eyes flick back up, a mix of playful and concerned.

The look in her eyes quickly moves on as she continues with extra credit portion of her activities. 'Additionally by her invitation I have had a meeting with the Reeve, to some useful insights.' Never squander an opportunity.

She sits still for a moment, corpse still, a rare thing for the Daeva. Before finishing. 'All of these tasks have rather meshed and entwined into each other and might take rather a bit of explaining. Is there something particular you would like me to start with?' Musical tones for now falling into quiet.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Good evening, Ms. Carmen."
    The voice slithers across the space between them, coiling in the empty space.
    Jennifer schools her face to one of mild interest. There is great interest in what Verity has brought to her, yet it is paired with a small bit of irritation.
    I should have what I want. The Beast coils in her ribcage.
    She looks at the fine book that she was writing in, recording the information. The Alder Prince would need the information to be presented soon. Eyes move down the page, reading her own writing. She had been juducious in her time to review all that she knew before this meeting. I want more.
    It was a drive that she recognzied. Always wanting more. Needing to balance what she needed over what she could use later, like a woodland animal laying away a winter larder.

Has she brought interesting news?
    Now the dark eyes evaluate Verity's expression.

I would like to know what the next arrival will bring. Soon.

"The former Whip has left the Domain.
    I am pleased that you have taken this seriously. I would like to hear what Priscus Baker has told you, first, if you will."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Raul has left has he. Well the value of three someone's just went down a bit. Still the point was more what I could find out. Verity is nonplussed by the news of his departure given her investment and dealings. Still there will be time for that.

Baker it is, curious priority Seneschal. Verity begins. 'Three Lancea sisters showed up in Priscus Bakers old domain turning a cold war hot. Baker was targeted both for covenant affiliation and because the great grandfather of the sisters and Baker's grandfather had bad history.' Starting basic, she's watching for signs of ascent from the seneschal. Am I on the right track?

Continuing. 'Baker and crew split from the domain but were tracked, meeting the sisters twenty years later in a basement in Portland. Also in attendance are Baker's very good friend Sam, Sam's childe Ruby, and the sisters brought a fourth Lancea by the name of Bonnie, a Moravian for muscle.' The history lesson might seem irrelevant but the Seneschal might well find anything useful.

'There was a throw down and at least Baker and Bonnie are put into torpor involuntarily. Sam gets Baker out. Bonnie is supposedly still in a box in that basement.' Verity is clearly dismissive of the idea Bonnie would still be there, as she narrows her eyes while saying it. If the sisters are on the move I would think that this bonnie could be retrieved with relative ease.

Moving on. 'When Baker wakes up the three decide to split, Baker gets new documents and relocates here. The sisters still tracking Baker can't find him so target Sam and Ruby who have not reimagined themselves. Ruby is blamed for the attack on Mrs McIntyre's ghoul. Although she's been seen entering Elysia with her Hostewick ghoul since so ...' A questioning look is thrown to the Seneschal. What's the difference between that and well just a ghoul?

Things are getting interesting now. 'As the sisters planned Baker was sought out for help, leading the sisters Brangaine, Dindrane and Igraine Hamleigh to the domain.' A sliver of a smile. You said you'd tell me their names but I got them first, small victories.

And now the really good bit. 'Baker claims no knowledge of their movements or interactions but did say something odd.' And I hung on every word, just as I said I would. 'As I'm no good in a fight and not suicidal enough to go looking for them in the Barrens on my own.' Verity looks says she trusts the Seneschal to see the discrepancy.

'He also claims to know all three are in custody and only whatever scattered allies they have remain.' Which is interesting because ...'The Reeve thinks only two are in custody, and informed me the sisters are of clan Gangrel.' The last an add on just to show off every detail gained.

And the best for last. 'What was more interesting came after. He asked what I have to gain. I gave my reasons, one of which was your wanting to know.' Even though the Seneschal had said Verity could, she watches to see if the Seneschal reacts to Verity having used this particular tool. 'At this he became far less open, starting dodging questions ... and even a little aggressive.' Recalling that predatory smile. 'When I put the question straight to him, is there anything else you the Seneschal should know, or that he would like you to know, about his interactions and activities ... the answer was a flat no.' Typically kindred, Typically suspicious.

And que the tie ins. 'Finally on this topic, the coterie of Ms. Clarke, and Mr Waldorf have both separately mentioned Priscus Baker and Raul meeting as part of a group in the parking lot of an apartment building, the two were the only ones recognised. I'm still working on getting more on that. But Baker definitely didn't mention it.' Verity certainty feels like she's shown her worth, and the pleased smile says as much. We're only on the first topic after all.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen arrives a little later. She hasn't dressed up for the occasion and wears jeans and a t-shirt (dark green tonight). She has swapped the shoes for her Amry boots, though. She's brought a backpack, despite all, just to be prepared. After knocking, she enters.

Only there's also someone else here already. Huh, got catfished here ? Unclear, but possible, looking at things. She hasn't figured out if that's good or bad, still, she'll see soon enough, so she just rolls with it for the time being.

"Good evening, Seneschal. Good evening, Ms Carmen. I hope I'm not too late ?"

She doesn't sit down just yet, kind of wondering if she should've brought the helmet. Not that it matters much.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

11. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

“Reeve Kingsley.” Jennifer stood up from behind her desk. The Reeve was given a nod that was closer to a bow. Certain respects needed to be observed.
    “You are a bit. We were catching up on some information. That vital bit that has not passed to my office since the beginning of April, I believe. Do have a seat, Reeve Kingsley.”
    “What a good background you have gathered for me, Ms. Carmen. Precisely something that I am interested in.”

It did give a bit of insight into Priscus Baker, as well. Something for her to dwell on when she was alone to see if it was something to puzzle out.
    Jennifer decided to play, a bit. Show some of her cards and see what hands Ms. Carmen and the Reeve would make with them.
    “An attack. Eh, not a good way to start. Did Priscus Baker say it was on McIntyre’s ghoul?”
    Did you have a question on something there?"

The dark brown eyes move back to the Reeve. Quite a bit had been going on and she waited for any response. Eyes study Helen Kingsley very closely. Was there notable reaction?
    2 successes

"Aggressive. That is curious. Priscus Baker is seldom aggressive.”

Although he did not like the religious aspect of the Kindred. Assuming that I know what topic, it was that set Priscus Baker off in the first place.

“A flat no.” Lips twitched into an amused smile.
    “I am glad that you heard of the area that both of the subjects I asked about were seen.”
    The smile faded as the last bit of information was given over. A new page was turned over in the fine custom leather notebook. The fine ink pen was taken up and scritch scratched as Jennifer made quick notes of the information that Verity had relayed. As the information was safely recorded, Jennifer set the pen down and took a minute to look over the entry. A few moments of silence stretch as Jennifer reads.
    Quite a bit of new information, here. The emotion on Jennifer’s face flickered to irritation as her eye hangs on a section in particular. He also claims to know all three are in custody and only whatever scattered allies they have remain. The Reeve thinks only two are in custody,

Jennifer looks up to Reeve Kingsley and Ms. Carmen, an ember of irritation on her face. Would it be fanned to a flame or cooled by what came next?

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Hearing the knock and the door open, Verity turns in her seat as the Seneschal a step ahead stands and for lack of a better term announces the new arrival. Standing herself as she catches up with the development, Verity bows her head to the Reeve.

The another is local law enforcement. Verity is struck in the moment about how little she actually knows about both kindred … Still there’s nothing to suggest aggression, so continue as planned. ‘Evening, Reeve kingsley.’

Turning back around Verity will retake her seat, soothed a little by the Seneschal praise of her information. ‘He said the attack was on the ghoul of a kindred of note. When I pushed he named Madam McIntyre as that kindred, a member of the Invictus important in Florida.More than a little ways a way to be sure, if it’s true then this feud spans the U.S.A. ‘My assumption is she is here chasing the ones who wronged her of her own accord?’

Verity looks thoughtful. Is it worth admitting I don't know. Yeah probably. ‘More just something I'm curious about, I know what a ghoul is. I’ve just never heard the adjective Hostewick before, and wondered what it implied.’

Verity nods slowly, she hadn't been expecting that side of the Priscus. ‘It took me a little off guard to be sure. I understand we are predators by nature. But after I let it out that I would be reporting to you. The look he gave me conveyed nothing short of a want to do me harm.’ Before deciding I was some kind of joke, I wonder if he would be amused now?

Her nod becomes more concise. ‘A clear and definitive declaration. No sugar coating.’ It would seem the Seneschal might have missed the implication or not be drawing attention to it? It serves me better to point out I noticed it. ‘It also makes me wonder. If he claims no knowledge of their location, why would he mentioned he wouldn’t hunt the barrens specifically, for them.’ When he could have said he would not hunt for them period.

Verity seems a little unsure on this matter. Now are they worth more to me, with Raul gone ... no.I would rather continue the investigation of that meeting with Mr. Waldorf. The coterie, has given me reason to worry.’ Verity now having committed to a course, eager to continue showing the fruits of her labours.

Although it would have to wait it seems as she watches the Seneschal put ink to page, consolidating and familiarizing herself with Verity’s account.

What she is not expecting is the spark of irritation that quickly passes over the Seneschal. What is, what provoked that reaction? What did I say?

Read the Seneschals emotions 1 success
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Verity can see that Jennifer appears to be irritated.

"A Hostewick ghoul is an exclusive benefit extended to favored members of the First Estate. There are benefits from devoting attention to a project over generations. I can speak more about this at a later time.
    I see. How do you feel about this development?"
    Jennifer keeps her face smooth to hide her thoughts on this matter. She does not respond to Ms. Carmen drawing attention to Priscus Baker's language.
    1 success

“I know that there are other things that may be on your mind.” Jennifer states to Ms. Carmen. Jennifer had an idea of follow up questions for Ms. Carmen, yet the pressing issue needed to be addressed.
    “I appreciate that you have been very prompt in providing me with what I asked for.”
    Jennifer directed her gaze to Helen. Jennifer had made every care to show the Reeve the respect that she had earned. Yet Jennifer has watched Helen's response and notes the lack of so much as a nod.

“I am of the opinion that there is some information that has not been properly conveyed to me. I value directness and honesty. I summoned important members of the Domain to my office in the past to share information and form a working plan to move forward. My purpose in asking both of you to sit down with me tonight is to get all of the facts out and to examine them, with a goal of finding a immediate closure to the Blood Hunt.”
    Jennifer moves her attention between to Helen.
    “I would like you to take a moment and make an oral report what you know about the Blood Hunt. ”

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread