DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Chamber physically pales some. 'Maybe you should have heard the theory first. As part of my reasoning is that you are in fact not a Seer. I very much hope that part holds true.' Eyes flick once more to the ash tray on the side table and the pipe resting within, before back to his guest. It is very unlikely he knew that. 'But still that's very good to know.' I'm missing a key part of the puzzle then.

Artifact? Truce? his mind races to process the sheer breath of questions that left him with. Well that didn't take long to fill in but it could also take all day and night. Eyes for the first time actively trying to pick apart Winter's mask under the weight of what he's just said.

Read Winter's body language 1 success

He masters himself in but a moment settling on just one question. 'A truce with the Seers isn't common knowledge outside of this Consilium is it.' I for one had never heard of such, cold wars, yes. But not diplomatic relations and they are being respected? 'Is it a state of things you agree with?' With so little man power, a major worry being pushed back is not necessarily a bad thing, but requires so much caution.

As he calms from the initial shock a little of his welcoming air drops for the cold calculating glare he has thus only used on Philip so far, when the enchanter has called his integrity into question. It isn't aimed at Winter rather out the window as he clearly weighs the scales of the distasteful revelation.

Eyes never close but do warm again with the welcome distraction, while he continues to process. Book of laws and constants that narrows it down to two at most. 'I say this because numbers as we use them are not the first form, and originate from India or Persia depending which version of history you adhere to. And they have meaning beyond simple representation of quantity.' He opens a draw and pulls out a book on gematria 'This one is pretty basic but once you understand the concept its applications help reveal the very threads of fate.'

Lets put this openly. 'Numbers are how I was taught sympathy the connections between them and representations they have in common, all things modern physics decries as hogwash of the past, helped me learn and develop my understanding of truth.' Hence their current forms are not the absolute truth of them. 'I'm not saying one isn't one, I'm saying its more than just one and the relations to has to other numbers matters as well think prime numbers, multiplication tables for example these numbers are more closely related than numbers that don't fall into the same groupings.' She put this so much more eloquently then I'm manging, still lets see if I've got the point across.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Rest assured I'm not a Servant of the Iron Seals," he replies, "if I were, we wouldn't be having this lovely conversation", his voice steady despite the weight of the conversation. "The truce is not common knowledge, it is unspoken. It's a delicate balance, one that has costed a massive price in terms of blood' He pauses, his gaze thoughtful. 'Do I agree with it? It's not a matter of agreement or disagreement. It's been decided far in the past and at a level far above our paygrade. We were presented merely with the fait accompli, and whoever put it in place decided it was necessary, and as much as we may try to question the motives, it's been written with the TRUTH", he pauses, "from time to time, the Circle has presented us certain tasks that we - and those before us - have performed to the best of our abilities. Think of it as a collective Mystery"
    Winter's eyes narrow slightly as he considers Chamber's words about numbers. 'Numbers are more than mere representations of quantity. They are the language of the universe, the code that underlies all existence. And yes, their relationships matter. Prime numbers, multiplication tables, these are not arbitrary constructs. They reflect deeper truths about the nature of reality.'
    He reaches out to touch the book, his fingers brushing lightly against the cover. "I appreciate your perspective"
    Winter's gaze returns to the window, his mind already turning over the implications of their conversation. "Sacramento is a battleground, just because the trenches are quiet, it doesn't mean things are not in motion"

2 successes

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He continues to hold Winter in his gaze, to no avail. He might as well be made from rock for all I can discern. Still my logic holds, if he meant me harm he's had more than enough opportunity. 'Always a reassuring thing to have confirmed.' He was however, still finding it hard to bring his usual smile back. 'If it brings you any ease. Neither am I. I picked my side in this war and choose the pentacle, at personal cost.' She'd be throwing a fit is she could hear this.

That might be one the greatest risks I've ever seen an awaken take, what if I disagreed, what if I had a particular bone to pick with them. Head shifts to the side a little, trying to gauge something. Our is that the point? I just can't tell with him. Still he has given me his view on it, and mystagogues shouldn't lie so. 'I promise you Winter, I'll keep it to myself, delicate balances get harder to mange the more people know of them.' But what a burden of knowledge to bear alone, or at most in very limited company. 'And while I was initially surprised I can see the benefit in such an arrangement. Whoever set this up must have had incredible insight.' Imagine trying to fight them openly with so few.

A small half smile does mange to break through now. 'That's something else I was musing about, how much more than a building is the circle. If it sets us tasks, that suggests some form of awareness. Or pre-set response.' Its a massive magical building how can I not be curious.

I wouldn't go that far, but maybe our perspectives are not as dissimilar as I first thought. 'Deeper truth, I can respect that way of viewing them. It seems we were shown similar enough ideas than. If taught them rather differently it seems.' I have no great revelations to share in return for what you've told me but I can offer this. 'If your happen to be a novice of death and fate, I can show you what I mean. Its something I learned in pursuit of my legacy.' Its a touch niche but its what I've got.

He inclines his head, acknowledging the often made point. 'The Seers are but one faction with whom we must contend for sure, and even then when has a truce lasted forever.' The time will come. 'I do busy myself scouting events and traditions on the chance something should stir.' But I am one who as of yet cannot be in more than one place at a time.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I understand the personal cost our allegiance entailed, rest assured, I am appreciative of your sacrifices. Ours is a war against ignorance. And in this war, we must sometimes bear burdens that others cannot comprehend."
    His gaze remains steady, his expression unreadable. "Your musings about the circle are intriguing. It is indeed more than a mere building. I suggest you gaze at it through the lenses of the Aether, especially the clock"
    He pauses, considering Chambers' offer. "Your offer to share your knowledge of death and fate is appreciated. I am no novice in these matters, but there is always more to learn. I look forward to seeing what insights you can provide."
    Finally, he addresses Chambers' concerns about the Seers. "The Seers are indeed a threat, but they are not the only one. We must also contend with our own ignorance, our own limitations. The enemy from within is sometimes more dangerous than the one wielding the sword"
    He finishes his drink, setting the glass down with a soft clink. "But enough about that. Tell me, what's your reason for visiting this place. The real one, I mean"

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods in agreement. 'Ignorance is a very good way to put it.' At its core yes that is correct, but what promotes ignorance? 'Though I'd add a war against the ego as well.' How hard it is to balance believing when we know best versus when we actually do.

Nice to have that confirmed. And the clock hey. 'I'll take the advice, Thank you.' Not my speciality obviously but definitely worth a look.

Chambers holds up a finger, not to be rude, but to put just a moments pause in the conversation, as he opens a draw in the central table, rummaging through the contents he swiftly pulls out a sketch pad and flicks to a blank page. Pushing his finished utensils aside. Washing comes after hosting duties are done. 'Well if you want my insights you will want to put your sight on. I'd suggest Prime for this part, fate as a second best choice.' Winter is providing far more than I can hope to equal in terms of general knowledge so this will have to do, I'm curious to see if he can reach the conclusion before I finish.

Our own limitations hm. 'I take it you mean we must constantly strive to overcome our limitations. A ideology I strongly agree with.' Hence the bike.

That question catches him off guard somewhat and he leans back into the sofa squinting at Winter as he contemplates it. I haven't lied to him yet? 'I've told you the broad strokes of my story, maybe filling in a few details will help. I arrived in Sacramento coming for six and half years ago now to study part time, awakened within days, was picked up by who became my legacy tutor, an apostate, who had me keep my head so far down I was basically subterranean. That lasted about four years.' Before I went and threw it all back in her face.

'Thanks to part time studies I managed to extended a year of over seas study into two, allowing me to stay abroad for longer. I met Dimond mages in Egypt and after an initially rocky start and a rather major obstacle, I was convinced to join up. I continued to travel meeting Consiliums in a few different countries, have come to be recognised by a few in my order and then when the two years where up I came back here and joined up as swiftly as the process would allow. That was give or take six months ago now. And thus six and half years have passed.' At some point he's opened he arms and spread he hands his posture very open, while he has clearly withheld specifics he makes no show of trying to actively deceive. 'If your asking why I left the UK? well I'm sorry but we'll need to get to know each other a bit better first.' You aren't going to get everything after just one conversation I'm afraid.

Hands coming together. And now, a little fair turn around. 'What of yourself, with mages leaving, a truce with a major foe holding. What's kept you in the city? You don't give off a sense of wanting to steer the ship, even when it badly needs a captain.' I get you you and yours prefer being subtle, but still any hand on the wheel is better then letting it spin wildly.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He takes a moment to consider Chambers' words. He pours himself another glass of gin, the liquid swirling in the glass as he contemplates his response.
    He takes a sip of his gin, the sharp taste grounding him in the moment. "I suppose you could say I'm a bit of a scholar. I study Magic, with the aim to protect it. I'm here because of that, mostly"

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers stops himself preparing his demonstration, not least as he doesn't feel the tell tale awareness of the supernatural that would indicate a spell going off or actively present, Winter's lack of sight suggesting to the necromancer that his guest might only have been polite in interest and mayhaps does not actually care to see the offered insights. Combine that with the move from an actual conversation back to his almost taciturn manner. 'If my offer doesn't interest you, apologies we can find other things to talk of.' Just if that was you primary question it would have it an interesting topic if nothing else.

Ah yes the stark difference, preserve and protect vs just protect. Leaning back, once more, crossing his legs at ease. 'You said you had many questions, what else peaks your curiosity?' What does you mind dwell on? I wouldn't say I'm interesting enough to merit, many, questions.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Her responds to Chambers' remarks with a measured tone. "Your offer is indeed of interest. My earlier response was not a dismissal, but a contemplation of the appropriateness for such an exchange. The pursuit of knowledge is never a matter of convenience, but of necessity and opportunity. Especially when merely a guest in someone else's abode"
    Winter's gaze then turns inward, reflective. "You ask about what occupies my thoughts. Let's say that for the past few years I've been busy with investigating the Mysteries, there's not much to add"

He gets up, standing by the window, the lights casting long shadows across the room. He turns to Chambers again, his expression as unreadable as ever. "Your insights into the nature of numbers and their deeper connections are fascinating," he begins, his voice a calm, even timbre. "It resonates with the very essence of Prime – the primal truths that underpin reality."
    He moves away from the window, the room's dim light playing across the sharp lines of his face. "To many of us awakened to the Golden Key, reality appears as the fabric of magic in its rawest form. When I cast a spell for example, it's not just an act of will, but a communion with the Aether. The imago I form is a blueprint, a pattern of pure Supernal truth that I impress upon the Fallen World."
    Winter's hands move slightly, fingers tracing unseen symbols in the air as he speaks. "The sensation is indescribable – a surge of power, a clarity of purpose"
    He pauses, his gaze distant as if recalling the feeling of raw magic coursing through him. "When I envision the imago, it's a complex interplay of light and energy, of numbers and probabilities, a lattice of potential that I mold to my intent. And as the spell takes hold, I feel a resonance, a harmony with the very threads of existence."
    Winter's eyes lock onto Chambers', a flicker of something more behind the stoic facade. "To wield Prime is to touch the divine, to briefly become one with the universe. It's a responsibility I do not take lightly, for with such power comes the potential for great change – or great destruction."
    He lets the silence hang for a moment, and then his eyes overflow with a cackle of blue electricity, the spell is done.

4 successes

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers eyebrows go up briefly in pleasant surprise. 'Your rather eloquent once you get going.' Shaking his head. 'This offer was not made out of convivence. You have known members of my order so you must know the protocols.' One of the few things we actively encourage sharing. 'I offer this on right exchange. You have told me of dire secrets and pointed me in the direction of understanding the circle even just a little more.' And for each I am grateful. 'I lack such grand secrets nor do I have knowledge of any fantastical building to offer. So instead as a mark of my respect for you and what you have given I offer this.' Would a curator agree? who knows, given there isn't one here I'm just doing the best I can.

And in turn Chambers does not stand nor flinch as the shadows and light play across the room with Winters movements, rather is held in rapt attention as the man speaks. That was rather beautiful. 'Indescribable is the way to put it. Yes. And I can't know of what you speak, only try to put my own experience into words.' Eyes glazing over, voice a whisper as he to casts himself into descriptions. 'For me my path is one of transitions and change, of state and form. When I cast it is as if I serve as a bridge between all the possibilities of a thing the imago a puzzle constructed of the myriad potential of what is. Steel is steam, and glass and hay, is durable and soft heavy and light, large and small all at once.' And death just another series of changes. 'My soul the bridge that brings all of the aspects of potential together in a moment were all is possible, expressed by the imageo.' And we both speak true, yet so different.

Hands come together pressed tight before splinting leaving only the little fingers in contact, forming an open book of his palms. And...

Scribe final name 7 successes
    Scribe Final Name
    Fate
    record a dying person's history; or a living person's Momentary Name
      Prolonged
    Scribe Final Name

The rote glyph carves itself into existence, each line starting and ending in tandem taking a fraction of a moment to complete. Mana flows from Chambers pattern imprinting as grey ink upon the waiting page. And numbers; Decimal, integer, roman numerals, unary, binary, place-number, fractions and algebraic expressions and many other systems cover the page, arranged in no order that makes sense. Some writ large other so small they seemed crammed in, some distant, others so close they almost overlap. Written top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right and right to left, some in circular patterns. All in all it looks like nonsense on a page.

He breathes a long sigh, in it the echoing whisper of dozens of voices are heard. 'I trust once you know the full scope of what I am showing you is made known, you will consider this worth casting for.' Pushing the sketch book across the table. 'So what do you make of this?'
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He leans forward, his eyes tracing the patterns, each symbol and number a node in a vast network of arcane significance. "This is not just a collection of numerical expressions; it looks like a map? I should probably study it more closely, but you mentioned Death, and I severely lack in that department"
    Winter's voice carries a hint of respect, acknowledging the effort and insight Chambers has poured into the work. "And it's deeply personal, isn't it?"

14. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread