DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Vincent

In addition to the announcement of the coming Consilium and the contact details currently only showing Chambers phone number, a new letter has been attached to the corkboard left in the circle of creation, in the same hand as all the rest. As each invite before it on crisp Stationary. It reads thus:

Winter

I would like to invite you to my sanctum for a chat, if you are amenable. Food and drink will of course be provided. I am currently moored at Miller park Marina. Look for the Indian style house boat. Hope to see you soon.

Yours Sincerncerly
    Chambers

The house boat (From the outside the lower balcony has had external walls put up and cannot be seen directly into) is indeed moored at the stated marina the only one of its kind to be so, and with the decline in temperature only those who like Chambers claim residence on such vessels are around to be seen, the holidays and summer boaters having withdrawn for the season.

The wooden door displays a name painted in a professional hand. XXXVXCVXCVC and the smell of cooking wafts from within.

Making exceptional quality soup 4 successes

Baking exceptional quality bread 3 successes
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The invitation was unexpected, the identity of the host surprising. But the Guardian had learned that the best outcomes often came from the most unanticipated places.
    He arrives by lunch, for the occasion he's purchased a bottle of gin. He takes his time to admire the marina and the few boats still anchored there, like swans that hadn't migrated to better places.
    Courageous?
    Perhaps. Still, he had to admit that living on a boat had always interested him.
    The mystagogue was living the dream.
    "Yo", he says nonchalantly, when - still by the pier - he sees the other Mage. "Permission to board..." he asks.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Hearing the gretting Chambers looks out the window to see Winter and hails back, 'Hello there. Yes of course I've left the door on the latch, but it is unlocked.'

The front door to what would have been the lower balcony is marked with the boats name. XXXVXCVXCVC, and leads into a gloomy workshop in which the air tastes of stone dust. No electronics or light sources are found within bar that which bleeds through cracks in the wall and the from the trapdoor in the ceiling. Various hammers and chisels are hooked neatly on the walls, stacks of different gain sand paper are carefully filed and crates of large rocks take up two corners. A single large work surface dominates the centre of the space on which something wrapped in linen 3ft long and 45cm in length sits in a cushioned box. A single unmarked door leads in the residence proper.

Once through the second door the scene that greets is one of a far more comfortable space. The main living areas is full of natural light with a full wall window by which an armchair is set up, along the interior wall the galley and food storage, and a plush sofa against the what would have been the outside wall. Pots and pans hang from the elevated ceiling, a coffee table holds dominion in the centre, and small units clutter around the seating arrangements, providing both surfaces and draws for storage. The air has a hint of roses, clove and cinnamon by virtue of the ash tray on one such coffee stand, by the armchair in which chambers pipe currently rests, although currently mostly masked by the spicy aroma of the bubbling cook pot.

A narrow corridor leads further into the vessel two doors can be seen along its length, before opening again in a much smaller space at the far end of the boat.

Chambers is bustling about inside by the galley putting the finishing touches the source of the cooking smells A spiced root vegetable soup with ciabatta dipping bread 'Glad you could make it, very well timed, grab a seat food will be readily momentarily.' His invitation had promised it after all.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He steps aboard the boat, taking in the surroundings with subtle observation. His movements are efficient yet unrushed as he makes his way through the workshop and into the living quarters.
    He notes the care and craft evident in Chambers's work and storage areas before the inviting scents of cooking draw him further inside. He selects a seat by the window, placing the bottle of gin on the small table.

"Your place is impressive," he offers in acknowledgment of Chambers's domain. He resides himself to awaiting the other mage's offer, senses alert yet manner relaxed. For the moment, he would listen and watch, gathering insight into this curious Mystagogue.
    His initial guardedness softens slightly in the welcoming atmosphere and hospitality offered. "Did you sail the boat yourself through the Sacramento, or you purchased something that was already here?", he says, admiring the room.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

As the door opens Chambers checks over his shoulder to just ensure that it is in fact his expected guest coming in off the pier.

Satisfied he turns back to finish serving food. Two bowls and two plates are placed on two trays. Each bowl is filled with ladles of the soup and three rolls fresh from the oven placed on each plate along with separate pots of butter, a knife and a spoon.

Turning with the first tray in hand he notes Winter has taken the armchair by the window. I should have expected that. Eyes involuntarily darting to the pipe that rests in the ash tray on the side table. No matter, I have no reason to think I'll need it today.

Quickly settling on the bottle, now sharing that same side table. 'That was very kind of you I didn't think we'd be drinking today. One moment.' Placing the first tray on the central table well in reach of Winter, Chambers will retrieve a pair of high ball glasses adding one to each tray. 'I don't have any tonic water but ice aplenty if you'd like.' The second tray finds a place on the table in front of the sofa on which Chambers will take a seat.

He offers a smile at the compliment as he tears one of the oven hot rolls apart. 'Thank you, still plenty I hope to do with it. I brought this shortly after getting back to the city. Its very similar to type of boat I lived on while visiting India.' They are unsurprisingly rare in these parts. 'I had take a trip down to port Chicago to pick it up, and sailed it back up the river.' Dipping the bread.

'I've moved marinas a few times, it might not be built for speed ... or handling for that matter, but having a moving sanctum is advantageous.' Not where sympathy is involved of course, but still better than being in a set location. Taking a bite of his lunch.

He swallows before speaking, again. 'I know most of my path tend for caves or dungeons, but the death myths that involve rivers have a special meaning with me.'

It won't get easier to ask if I wait. 'Speaking of paths and orders. Is that something your willing to discuss.' A cagey topic for some. But if were going to work together some trust is necessary, hence welcome to my home. Chambers look is conversational and he continues to eat, seeing how Winter will respond.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He listens attentively as Chambers shares the story of acquiring and sailing his unique vessel. A brow subtly lifts at the mention of port Chicago, though no comment is made.
    He considers the practical benefits of a mobile sanctum as Chambers describes, along with the mystic ones evident in his meaning found in river myths.
    At the personal question, Winter's expression remains placid yet alert. He takes a slow sip of gin while formulating his reply.
    "We aim to maintain the Veil and preserve Magic from threats both within and without the Pentacle" He helps himself to soup and bread, chewing contemplatively before continuing. "I've been in Sacramento for several years now, it's an interesting place, though a bit more dull than it used to be. Your arrival alongside October's return, it's been a welcome distraction. Even though the city doesn't hold much right now as far as your Order's prerogatives are concerned"
    He keeps his tone polite but probing, "Your predecessors were good friends of mine. The first members of this Consilium I've ever encountered. They're gone now"

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He takes in Winter's response continuing to eat. Eventually reaching out his glass. 'Would you be so kind? I'm not one to leave someone drinking alone.' The bottle after all was next to Winter, and it bought a few more seconds to think.

Maybe you don't know as much about my orders goals as you seem to think. 'Hm. The forces of irony must be at work. I mentioned I believe I was an apostate before joining the Mysterium. Guardians where the first Diamond mages I met, when I was in Egypt in fact.' And now I have one sitting in my armchair. Chambers body language doesn't suggest aggression, but he is paying Winter more direct attention now.

The hook was seen for what it might well be, a distraction from asking direct questions. Still, it worked to a degree. 'I've noticed they've gone. Without a trace in fact, as if they were never actually here.' The sentence trails off Chambers lost in thought, in contemplation. How much should I tell him? lets see how things go for now. 'I don't suppose you could tell me anything about them, might be I've heard of them.' Or they me, I'm not entirely unknown among our ranks.

Only now realising he might have been rather insensitive. 'I am sorry your friends have moved on.' And here you remain. 'If things have been so quiet, what works to pass the time. I mean if my arrival constitutes a distraction things must be silent as the grave.' He smirks. 'Excuse the pun.' Trying to lighten the mood after talk of loss. With a death themed joke, really not my best.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

His gaze lingered on the bottle of gin as he contemplated Chambers' request, the stoic mask of his expression unbroken. With a nod, he poured the clear liquid into the offered glass, the sound of the liquid hitting the crystal surface a crisp interruption to the quiet ambiance of the houseboat. "To shared secrets and uncharted waters," he toasted, his voice a low rumble, before taking a sip.

The conversation had taken a turn towards the past, a topic he treaded with caution. The departure of Campanella and Aurora was a matter that had weighed on his mind, a puzzle with pieces missing and edges frayed. He suspected reasons outside the boundaries of professional, friendship or perhaps romance was involved, with a shrug he banished the idle gossip his mind had wandered to.
    "They were mages of substance, dedicated to their and our cause," he said, his tone even, betraying nothing of his own feelings on the matter. "They were also the backbone of the previous Consilium and the longest standing mages of the region"
    He placed the bread back on the plate, his appetite momentarily forgotten. "As for passing the time, Sacramento may seem quiet on the surface, but just like the sea, the tide has a habit of being quick to change"
    "October was here a few years ago, just passing, but I have a good memory for faces, and she certainly doesn't pass unnoticed"
    He leaned back in his chair the leather creaking softly under his weight. "But enough of the cryptic talk. You've welcomed me into your sanctum, and for that, I am grateful. Perhaps, in the fullness of time, I shall extend you the same courtesy"
    He raised his glass once more, the gin was crisp, a comfort against the chill outside.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

As the liquid filled his glass Chambers can't help but contemplate this slightly bizarre situation. Winter was clearly the most secretive, stoic and hard to read of the mages he had met in Sacramento, yet here they were sharing a meal over drinks .. and toasting. Chambers will raise his glass in turn. 'To friends old and new, and all they teach us.' And will drink, savouring the fresh flavour. Interesting choice of words Winter considering ours are the most secretive orders in the pentacle.

Eyes narrow in concern for the other mage. 'A title that has now fallen upon your shoulders it would appear.' Is that the cause of his quiet, the loss? 'They sound like great people. Great mages. I wish I could've met them.' Not that you'll find me wanting in terms of dedication. 'And hope I live up to the standard.'

Chamber smile turns rueful. 'I have no doubt that when the tide does turn we will be hard pressed and longing for a peaceful moment. But I meant more casually, like myself I assume for you, awakened life is part for everything you do. But I for example study, and cook and.' Gesturing to the work shop. 'Make gravestones, among other things.'

Polishing up the last of his food, like every activity he undertakes he eats quickly. 'I've met with October.' The invite had been publicly pinned as had Winter's so its very likely he knew of that meeting anyhow. 'I warmed to her very quickly.' I haven't had a conversation that good in a long while. 'It was that meeting that inspired the call for the official Consilium.' Never mind a back bone, lets try for an actual heartbeat first shall we. 'But I guess unless Walker resurfaces that does make me the newest member again doesn't it.' For a moment there it looked like through the odd addition here and there things were going to speed up.

Thinking of his conversation with October, eyes alight with inspiration. 'Actually on that, maybe you can confirm a thought I was having. I'm of the mind that the Seers don't know about the circle. October seemed to think my theory was sound enough but clearly there is no way to test it. Would you mind hearing me out and seeing what you think?' If I'm very wrong this might end poorly, time to find out.

Nothing has seemed overly cryptic to me? 'A mage's sanctum is like his castle, some are happy to have guests while others prefer the isolation. If you ever feel you can trust me enough, I would be honoured, but nor will I be insulted if the invitation never arrives.' After all, of the two of us I'm the one without a history of service to the city. I have more to prove when it comes to good will.

Leaning back himself, now his meal is finished. 'Well if we aren't talking cryptically, and in the spirit of sharing secrets.' Lets see what that toast actually meant. 'Is there anything you'd like to ask? I've been doing all the questioning after all. Maybe why I don't see numbers as absolute?' Reaching back to the brief conversation at the fair.
    Health
    Mana

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He acknowledges Chambers' toast with a nod, the clink of their glasses a subtle punctuation in the quiet of the sanctum. He takes a measured sip, the gin sharp and clean on his palate, a stark contrast to the complexity of the situation unfolding before him.

"Your theory on the Seers and the circle," he begins, his voice steady, "is incorrect"
    He shifts in the armchair, the leather creaking under his weight, a reminder of the physical world as their conversation delves into the arcane. "The Iron Pyramid is aware at a certain level, they just can't or don't want to act. So far the artifact has kept them at bay. There's an unsteady truce, one that has nevertheless resisted through the past few years. As for questions, I have many, but one presses more than others. You speak of numbers not being absolute, a concept that intrigues me. I wrote my name in the Book of laws and constants, what leads you to this conclusion?"
    Winter's gaze is fixed on Chambers, he is here to observe and perhaps to learn.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread