Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole shrugged and tugged on a moustache.

"When the first wise people noticed the passage of time and the progression of the seasons; when they looked into the night sky and noticed how certain things moved with predictable regularity over the year, and how that movement interacted with the seasons as they saw them."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Bonfire night? Oh... Bonfire Night! Yes. A thrilling tale. I'm one for the old celtic original. And how its permuations have evolved over the years... Oh! You mean the songs. I am one for the Bogart classics."

He leaned around Kray to nod at the Summer Queen.

"The wheel was a gift of the bronze age. It came out of the middle east... but yes, pretty much as you put it."

2. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
      1 wp still owed on tracking.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

'Hm. Yes I would have to say your probabaly right. Just if I had been one of those wise folk, I don't know if a wheel would have been the thing to come to mind, not without seeing a wheel first to draw the analogy. No I think I'd have gone for something else.' He tilts his head looking up into space as he ponders, before pulling himself back to the conversation.

The ogre looks both surprised and appreciative as Anatole expounds. 'The middle east? Did not expect that ... I would have thought things a bit to sandy for wheels.' Nodding to Circe. 'I would have followed your logic on it. Witnesses, adapt, innovate.' Hm, the more you know, and the harvest king seems to know a lot. Good thing to, my academic learning is spotty at best, for now.

Leaning forward a little so the rim of the hat casts his eyes into shadow looking first to summer, then to autumn, before back to just out into the room. 'Oh. This fire isn't for the cold.' while academia might be a little underdeveloped these kinds of practices, these he has learnt plenty about. 'I know it has many variations, and this is a far flung cry from the Celtic roots but I speak of the English version. What kind of man must Guy Fawkes have been, that for hundreds years since his passing every year his effigy is burnt atop a pyre in thousands of locations up and down a country.' And what a way for the burning of effigies to survive as a thing to do. 'It was even law for a good long while.'

Leaning back again, the moment passing. 'But many traditions, the Irish, Norway, the original Celts if I'm not mistaken.' Turning to Anatole for confirmation. 'And others hold such a night in the Summer months for their own reasons.' Inclining his head to the Crimson queen. Just cause I already knew no reason to ignore the hint. 'Thank you. I hope to be sticking around.' Giving her another of his carnivorous grins.

Then the lack of academics proves disastrous once again. 'Uh. Sorry. I'm not multilingual ... or particularly versed in composers.' Least I hope Bogart is a composer, or I'll look an even bigger fool. 'I said carols because of where we're at, but if you got something else? sure go for it.' Noting the grin. What's the worst she can do with seasonal music?
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

4. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe wasn't the type to think that deeply as they were discussing. She'd leave it to Anatole. As for the Bonfire Night? Something with fireworks and flame? Foreign Fourth of July? Something like that.

"Neat!" Was her response to Anatole explaining where the wheel came from. She'd trust him with those facts, stick to engineering herself. And when Kray says innovate Circe will add in, "Overcome," with a thumbs up, "Very much an engineer solution. Solve problems." The Fairest then looks to Anatole, "Wasn't napalm a bronze age thing too? The Greeks made it or something, right?"

Burn in effigy for centuries? She was sure the answer to that question was that Fawkes had pissed off a lot of people for that to happen. As for the talk of the Summer celebrations, that gets Circe to laugh. "Makes sense Kray. I mean, America picked its birthday for the Summer months," she adds as an example, "Totally proves that pattern ya said."

The naughty smile leaves as nope, it is just carols. Not the irreverent stuff. She shrugs, "Tu Scendi Dalle Stelle is an Italian carol from the motherland," the Italian accented Summer Queen clears up. He must of thought it was some opera or something to ask about composers. Neat. Her family language is classy sounding. "It means, you come down from the stars. The other is just Silent Night," she shrugs, "Old memories of home, never totally gone with other habits. Fortunately," she perks up, "I lost some of the stupid habits. Though I am partial ta the versions of Jingle Bells that include Batman, oh ho ho ho!"

I insulted a Keeper to its face it a stupid reason to have been taken in her opinion. Doing it repeatedly as Circe's past self had? Yeah, that was bad. "Though for performances of Christmas carols," that smile is back, "I think the best one I ever saw was from a Spielberg and Joe Dante, uh, Christmas film. It was in the 1980s," there was snicker from a mundy passing by, clearing getting the reference. "Great film," she waves her hands wide, "Enjoyed it much, five stars."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole smiles.

"Songs. Carols. The distinction has blurred now, in this time and place. Before they were distinct and quite different."

He sighed and, making a happy face, stares out across the space while watching the mundane folk. His gaze returned to Kray when the giant explained the wider significance of Guy Fawkes.

Looking past to Circe:-

"Jingle Bells and Batman? Now that is something I need to hear... but another time!"

The burned dwarf adds hastily before the blue skinned Fairest has them ejected for uncivil behaviour!

"As for movies? I am afriad you have quite lost me. Didn't have much time for them in my life... previously."

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

A deep dry chuckle meets the Summer queens addition. ‘Heh. Well I don’t know about that. Seems to be plenty of quite useless innovation about if you ask me.’ Still plenty of quacks around. ‘But yeah that would be the goal.’ Casting her a curious glance. ‘You much of a engineer?She brought up the profession, personal interest maybe?

Hadn’t thought of it like that before, guess its more obvious if that’s your season. ‘Huh. That it has, interesting observation. But just as many choose spring, autumn or winter for their fires and burning.’ Still an interesting point though. 'Hm. I wonder, these traditions are all linked to events but what makes an event worthy of being the bonfire one?' A short bout of unintelligible musing follows, before blinking back to the moment.

Kray snorts with laughter involuntarily. 'From the stars, that would explain the virgin birth.'. Ah. Seems on point for the season. 'Sorry, don't mean no disrespect it just popped into my head.' The giant has no need to do anything to draw attention, and the outburst does cause him to look around, smile turning to scowl to get those with turned heads to look right back away again. ‘Oh. Silent night I know, just only in English.’ That's what I call a classic.

At the risk of sounding ignorant.’ Better to risk it and find out. ‘How did they used to differ?’

And isn't that what this is about.And for the good, who would we be without memories of home.’ Good or ill they make us, us.That’s what we were talking about as you joined us in fact, well sort of, how this.’ Nodding to the musicians again ‘Doesn’t change over the years.’ Be it five, ten or many more.

Eyes squeeze shut and a low groan escapes. ‘Uh. I think I know the one, some little brats have been hollering it or something similar down the corridor of my complex.’ Giving Anatole a thumbs up in agreement. ‘Yeah. For later, wise choice.’

Not having seen a ton of movies he was pretty glad to get the reference, favouring ones with more monsters in them, this fit. Chuckling. ‘Is that a warning not to feed you after midnight?’ he’d also enjoyed it.

10. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Anatole asks to hear the song, Circe does not inhale before he says later. Why? Well because, "It is more for kids than for formal events, that is fair," and points to Kray, "Retraction. Used BY annoying kids. There is a booze version too, I found oit n YouTube."

Circe's right eyebrow and ear go up as Anatole explains, and Kray asks, how carols and songs differ. She looks to Anatole, curiosity blatant on her face.

"Not a professional, certified engineer. More of a Craigslist forger. Literal anvil and bellows forge, I'm very handy," she pantomimes hammering to make it clear she didn't mean the document kind. She left that to professionals. "Easy enough ta make, cut, weld, solder, and whatever I or a friend needs. I can spin up plenty of things," she says with pride. Not mentioning the primary hobby/career was supported by this side hustle. Get to know Kray before admitting to her criminal tendencies. "Even managed building a wall and a bridge for our club," then sighs sadly, "Never convinced the club ta allow it ta include a trap door though."

Memories was the subject according to Kray? "Well, that is true and glad ta see Anatole has found someone wise of mind to discuss it with. I'm mostly wise of ass oh ho ho ho!" It was a good opportunity.

"Well it isn't a Wonderful Life, but adds a new flavor to Christmas. Has plenty of little guys. They got pointy ears and sport lots of green. Christmas," she gave a wide grin as she winks at Kray. Circe was telling the truth, from a certain point of view. Damn, now THAT Robot Chicken song is in her head. Turns to Anatole, "We'll watch it some time Anatole," and the noob says what? She looks to him. "Ha!" And barks a laugh as Kray gets it. "Oh ho ho ho! Well fer me it is coffee. Though ya hafta be wary of not getting the right balance. Plus Kray, ya must think on this." She leans towards him, angelic smile on her lips, "How do ya get me inta bed after midnight and so much coffee," yes her tone is teasing him.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole twirled a moustache.

"Christmas songs are simply songs about the season. They may talk of love, but they are really about the mood of the time - and not the real meaning. Many of these songs are very modern, and very ... secular in nature. The religious element is taken out. Now... Carols are more traditional - they speak to the religious element. Then there is the how they were sung: 'Carolling' was a thing - people gathering and singing, moving from place to place. I suppose that is where the confusions begins: the overt form is a set of songs meant to be sung together... But the key element seems to retreat year by year. Or maybe that is me. Once upon a time, Christmas was a very religious day. The party started the day after. And didn't stop until the Feast of Epiphany on January 6th. 12 Days. Thats when the gift giving and fun happened."

He shrugged.

"Times change and adapt. The 12 days of gift giving have been collapsed into one day. And the month before is a time of anticipation framed around one day of fun and food."

He added his contribution gently. The Wizened was quite content to let the Ogre and the Fairest bounce off one another.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

A grey hand scratches at the side of his head as he contemplates the harvest kings words. Maybe I'm just being simple here but lets see what he thinks of this. 'Hm. Carols are old to be sure, the season of giving partridges, French hens and leaping lords to, and I'm grateful for them.' But times were rings of gold did not mean the same thing either. 'But you speak of Christian traditions, which while older than its songs for sure, is not old as it gets.' Wide spread and enduring yes, but not as old as old is.

The hand stops scratching as the Ogre arrives at his point. 'Winter, and singing are both older still. In the inverse modern songs ... they are still sung ... not perhaps in the same way but they can still get a room together ... they are, are they not, just the next spoke in the wheel?' For wheels turn after all, and what was on top moves to the bottom, as something else reaches for the heavens in its turn.

He gives a look of respect to Circe. 'And hey. Earning your papers is impressive, but not having any don't mean a thing. Plenty are equally skilled or more so without.' Spin huh, nicely said. 'Oh. So not just small scale that is impressive. I can about keep my car running, doesn't go much further than that.' Which is harder than it sounds old thing needs more care with each passing month.

Gaze adverts, a little bashful. 'Uh. That's kind of you to say, but I'd go for more inquisitive than wise if I had to pick.' If I made wise choices well ...

Chuckling back in turn. 'Huh. Well I hear there are plenty of good coffee shops around so I'm sure you can self caffeinate until you can hear colours, without my contributions.' Or your heart explodes, either way most of the world seems addicted to the stuff so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Oh, getting cheeky with me are you. Now that's rare. Teeth grind together with a sound like grating rocks as he thinks quickly for a creative response. 'If I was going to go about it, Water bed full of coffee.' You can expend the energy as quickly as you build it up

Something I didn't think about is the 21st is approaching, do we reckon this should close on the 20th to avoid continuity issues?

16. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Professor Anatole teaches all about carols versus songs. With Doctor Kray adding more to the discussion. Miss Circe? She just nods and thinks until they are done.

But a two week long party? Oh that sounds very American to Circe. "Two weeks of partying? That does sound like a more Spring than Winter season thing oh ho ho ho!" She finds it amusing but gets teh why of it. More work could be done than back in ye olden days of hunker down for winter. But two weeks of partying? "Though, thinking of modern technological development and increase in celebratory capacity," she muses aloud. "Maybe it was cut down because of escalation of partying being a danger. Party, shindig, hoot nanny, block party, and riot," she counts off the five levels of party. "Two weeks of constant partying around here? Riot cops be needed."

Circe pumps up in pride as Kray denounces the papers, "Well, our crowd has some problems with paperwork, don't we?" Though she did consider making a redneck joke. "And I too won't diss the redneck ingenuity memes. I'm just too blue to qualify for it, oh ho ho ho!" She coughs to change the subject, "Working on cars is hard without the right space, I know that too Kray." She admits to him. Working on her car to improve it was not easy without a proper garage lift. Possible, but hard. "Though the metal working can be fun just for getting it ta work. Like engraving a roaring dragon ta somebody's revolver," she is quite proud of that mostly legal work, "Dagger hilts are too easy. Fortunately we can cheat and I often do."

Teasing was working. As for the caffeine options and colors? Circe gives him a slow nod. "Yes I can, and yes I have. 3 days no sleep does that," she fully admits to Kray. She herself was an addict to it for sure. As for the concept of a waterbed full of coffee? The Larcenist shrugs with both hands held up as she shakes her head, "Yeah, that doesn't work. Coffee reacts poorly with the liner of waterbeds. It rots faster and then leaks," she says matter of factly. As if she had tried it. She hadn't nor had she heard of it, she is just lying for fun.

That sounds fair. This has been quite fun.

18. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole has to concede to Kray's words.

"Yes. Yes. That is true."

A rueful chuckle.

"Yes. Another spoke. See what I mean - a cycle; a progression."

The Wizened's eye shone from under his heavy brows as he purposefully dropped from the conversation to what Kray and Circe converse.

Yep. That sounds a great idea. It has been a fun scene.

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread