Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray isn't a fan of churches never has been, something about the holier than thou atmosphere invokes guilt for things he hadn't done. Never mind the things he had. But carols. carols were tradition.

The solution presented itself when he saw the advertising on a noticeboard for Candlelight: Holiday Carols on Strings So night of he arrives at the railroad museum, to be seated at the back, assumedly so the giant doesn't block any ones view.

He thought it might have been strange to just listen, not to sing along but the there was a pleasant peace to it. Allowing the familiar music, unchanged, to fill the air. Even the quite conversations going on through the audience, the squealing toddlers, and an overly enthusiastic guide dog determined to join in only added to the atmosphere.

Just a note for anyone interacting Kray has freehold status 0 he is not pledged to the wyrdstone yet
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

2. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole joins the event on impulse, having seen the signage shortly after concluding a private business transaction. He had stood, fingers running through his effusive curls, for a few moments while he weighed up the possibilities. Initially, he had made up his mind to return home - solace from the festive crush: the lights, the insipid songs, the press of oddly harassed and angry people (surely a feast for a Summer Courtier?). His feet, however, had other ideas and he found himself at the Railway Museum, listening to carols.

Too late to escape, he tugged up the collar of his coat and sought a place to blend in...

Right by the intimidating bulk of a Gristlegrinder.

Anatole looked up, twirling a moustache.

"How happy they seem. You look like you have found a measure of peace yourself."

4. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Having trusted to the passive scare factor one of his size and appearance gave to keep people from disturbing him, he wasn't here for them after all, Kray gives a little start when someone does in fact talk to him. Looking down slowly a scowl that says I'm going to take a bite out of you, already forming to scare off whatever foolishly brave soul had worked up the courage, is allowed to melt away again as he recognises the Harvest king.

He touches finger and thumb to the brim of his hat, a mark of respect that would pass in a public place. 'And you don't rightly look like you want to be here.'

'Heh. Its not normally my scene but...' Indicating the musicians with a nod. 'I'm here for that. The music. It hasn't changed.' He didn't feel the need to say since when. 'In a world that changes so much, so fast, its something I can appreciate.' Sure other songs are still around to, but these are older, much older, they carry a...weight?

6. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was dressed very casually for visiting the old school Christmas musical moment. Being respectful? Old habits from her mortal heritage. Which was a factor in her actually being unarmed. That and she had fun dressing like she was harmless and utilizing the catch for the end of the Separation Contracts.

Asking those muggers if they knew the way to the graveyard after walking through them? It was so hard to NOT laugh her ass off as they ran screaming about ghosts. She got why Autumns enjoyed scaring folks.

But that wasn't here. Her was supposed to be holiday musical moments...and plenty of extra noise too. Well, this could be a bust, wait a minute? Is that Anatole? Abd some big horned scarecrow? Well, that fellow was new. Circe pulls in her mantle and puts on a friendly smile as she joins them. "Well, well, well. Flight of fancy, finds me a favored fellow," she smiles at Anatole before looking to the noob. "A surprise, though mayhaps a welcome one."

Circe looks back to Anatole, "Having a good night for making new friends?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole grinned up at Kray.

"I wasn't planning on it. I was passing by... and then, whoosh. Gravity."

He tilted his head to get a better view of the crowd, bobbed his head in acknowledgement of one of the crowd who appeared to be staring.

"It is true. The music doesn't change - and for that I am thankful. These songs... This time... mark the end of the year and the beginning. I've come to like the regularity of these fixed points. They help keep my thoughts clear. As long as they play these old songs I know that some of the ground rules are... consistent."

He let his hands slide behind his back and clasped them. Then Circe: -

"You get pulled in as well, did you? Kray, meet Circe. She has many similar interests to me and you. Circe, meet Kray. I heartily recommend him to you."

A sudden flare of fear, rammed down under foot with equal speed. They were at a public event. And humans were social creatures. A friend of a friend makes a new acquaintance. Nothing more. No different to those two big family blobs finding common ground over there (oh! The husband's have worked for the same company and the children are all around the same age!)

10. Likes , , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Kray returns the burnt dwarfs smile, if somewhat toothier. 'Hm. Something about he weight of tradition comes to mind.' The way they pull you in.

'Huh. Has not the world always run on such things, we change the name from time to time and mesh new meanings in, but the general idea remains.' He shifts his weight in the seat, something he has to keep doing. Nothing in the world is made for those who dare to break the bounds of normality. 'Like a great clock or self turning hourglass. If I understand you. Any one in particular that works for you?'

Turning to behold the new comer, the flinty pupils without iris expanded a little in the yellow sclera. Circe, what was it Anatole said of her, Crimson queen, likes explosions ... I don't know what I was expecting but I am surprised.

Once more a large grey hand reaches finger and thumb to the brim of his hat, giving the summer queen the same mark of respect he had afforded the harvest king. 'Ah. Good to meet you.' While the depth of the Baritone fits the hulking physique, the polite tones are rather at odds with the grotesque and monstrous countenance, particularly coming out of a mouth that can never close by virtue of being rammed full of over sized Stoney teeth.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Pulled? Lured ya could say my friend," she smiles at Anatole, "Isn't this just a, hmmm, feast for the right senses?" Circe was amused with the level of rage that was in this place. It was almost at the level of Rush Hour Rage. Somebody was really angry. She hoped it wasn't a flash protest or something. She had not bludgeons for hitting folks on her.

failure

Circe heard something in the Wyrd, like a wop-wop noise. She frowns, "Eh, hopefully the music improve the evening," the Summer Queen shrugs it off. There is a reason why she has a copse of Goblin Fruits. It was easier than subtle.

Circe tries to get a better look at the new guy, eying him up. Lots of teeth, could be a variety of kiths there. Most would assume Ogre from size,but could be he was that big Before. Ruby pupils on oil black sclera meet yellow and flint, appraising him right back. Then dart up to his hat. Nice!

The Italian accented Larcenist smirks as he tips his cap, classical. "Good to meet you too Kray. Nice hat," she shoots him an earnest smile coupled with a pair of finger guns.

"And what particular interests are we talking about?" She sends a smirk to Anatole as she teases. It was important to be subtle in public after all. And most of her besties were Springs so that too. "Is he coming from another branch of the club? Or is it the fashion," she taps the rim of her Hedgspun glasses that look made out of vines. "Kray does have a nice hat for sure. Oh! Is it coffee?" She actually perks up at that, ears visibly bouncing to both Lost men.

Going from serious, to teasing and probing, to vapid so quickly. Circe had made a habit of throwing people off by rapid changes. Or so she says. Could be she is just that unfocused.

ooc bad link for some reason worked fine for me. Denim jacket, tan skirt, normal civilian clothes for Circe. No sign of armor or weapons. She has a new trick
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

14. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"For me, it is a Wheel."

Anatole ran his finger in a circular motion.

"Its an old motif, an ancient idea. Nearly every cultures comes up with it in their own way..."

Circe speaks and Kray responds.

"Seasonal interests. Both Kray and I are very much appreciative of pumpkin soup."

16. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Clock, wheel, not all that dissimilar. ‘Uh. Ancient. Yes, I suppose. But still … before the earth was round, before it moved around the sun … before the wheel was carved and turned what symbol do you think was used?’ And what did it mean? For he does not know and is curious if the harvest king does? Wheels after all are a created thing. ‘Where do you reckon the first wheel originated?Or did different cultures all have the same idea? That might speak to some kind of … guidance?

As eyes meet Kray holds the summer queen’s gaze quite easily, even sitting the massive bulk, and constantly bared teeth, give him a distinctly, if unintended, unnerving quality. Of the lost he’s met in his time back many react … poorly to him, with those in Sacramento being a standout exception and Kray is very curious to see if this monarch holds true to her fellows and doesn’t flinch when looking at his monstrous visage head on. ‘Thank you. Designer glasses I see, very nice.’ He doesn’t make it to finger guns but does, motion to push imaginary glasses up his repeatedly broken and squashed nose and returns the smile. Kray’s smiles do not illicit warm fluffy feelings.

Pumpkin soup. That a good way to put it and makes him chuckle, exposing the full array of stony horror in his mouth, not a single one of which was made for soup or anything other than tearing flesh and stripping bone. ‘Yeah big fan of pumpkin season, although bonfire night always been a personal favourite of mine.’ Speaking of older traditions, all be it with a slightly modernized twist.

Ah. Yeah not been in town all that long. Not our first meeting though.’ He’ll incline his head to the harvest king to indicate who he’s met before. ‘And I seem to be running into folk from the community with some regularity.’ Not every day mind by for a group meant be small and tightknit more than I expected.

As the band moves into Good King Wenceslas, he looks over at the musicians, ignoring the crowd by enlarge. ‘Either of you two got a favourite?’

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

What was a wheel? Cheese? Kray wasn't a Hedge dairy farmer was he? She'd not ask, just in case it was something more intellectual. And Kray's response meant it very much was intellectual. Good thing Circe kept her mouth shut. Airhead Fairest was a disarming first impression. Food/cheese obsessed Fairest was just awkward as a first impression. What were the boys actually talking about?

But before the world was? Nope she isn't getting that conversation, too many missing pieces. And the first wheel? Well, she felt that was pretty simple. "Somebody figured out that round things roll. Attach round thing to their cargo sleds would make them go faster. Change thing until it work. Wheel," she waves her hands like presenting something to her side.

Who did it? She don't know. Probably some caveman. "Or maybe they were trying ta show up whoever discovered fire."

"Thank you,
    " she smiles as he compliments the glasses.

"Too calm for me," she responds to the talk of pumpkins and campfires, "Fires are for the cold, and I prefer brrt over brrrr. Guess I'm just too much of an angry girl." She laughs as she uses the most common Summer descriptor.

"Well then Kray, welcome ta town new friend," she cheerfully says, ears bouncing in amusement.

"Christmas music? Hmmm," she thinks that is what he has asked. Circe taps her chin, "Astro del Ciel works in both tongues. Tu Scendi Dalle Stelle is just family classic, can't not listen ta it this time of year. Habit. Wait? Just carols or any holiday music?"

That friendly smile has turned a little bit evil. Well she has been nice, time for naughty perhaps?

19. Likes , liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread