Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

As the letter had given Geoff directions for meeting with her, preparations have been laid. A dark haired man in a tailored and reinforced suit waited outside of the closed door to the Seneschal's office. At the approach of a Kindred, he would ask "Who shall I say is calling?"

Jennifer's office had formerly been decorated by Priscus Jack. It was decorated in high quality dark wood pieces. A large book case presided over the room with a variety of books on the English language. Classic English and French literature could be found on the book case. A large and well laid out desk faced the door with a straight backed chair in Jennifer's place and two comfortable arm chairs facing the desk. The desk had been cleared of any paperwork, and was neat. A keen eye could see a gift that Priscus Jack had given Jennifer in prime place of honor on the desk.
    Jennifer sat behind her desk, awaiting the arrivals.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Geoffrey Hughs
    Strength
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Dexterity
    Boxing
    Geof

Protean 2
    Geof Scenes

FAME
    PRE

“Geoff Hughs, pleasure to meet you,” he said, giving the man in the suit a quick, informal salute.

Geoff entered the room with both hands in his pockets. He was careful not to trip on anything but uninterested in the decadence of the room. He let himself sink into the arm chair on his right before crossing his legs. He pursed his lips into a smile. “Hi,” he said.
    Protean 2

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

The man entered a step after Hughs. The man appears mortal, with vibrant skin that pulses with life. He stares at Geof for a beat before addressing Jennifer.
    "Geof Hughs to speak with you, ma'am."
    His tone was one of deference.

"Thank you, Liam. You can wait outside."
    Jennifer's voice was very unusual. It was Cursed to sound like a serpent slithering over dead, decaying autumn leaves. It was the supernatural given voice.
    Liam nods to Jennifer. The dark haired man stepped into the hall, closing the door as he went.

Dark brown eyes look Geoff up and down. She takes her time with it. This was not how kindred normally made their way to her office.
    "Mr. Hughs, I would invite you to have a seat, yet you've helped yourself. I invite you to tell me about yourself."
    She speaks with deliberation, her voice slithering in the space between them.

Geoffrey Hughs
    Strength
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Dexterity
    Boxing
    Geof

Protean 2
    Geof Scenes

FAME
    PRE

Jennifer’s voice calmed Geoff a bit. Haunts could be intimidating, yes, but he preferred it over the taint. “You can call me by my first name, if you like. I used to do some pro wrestling. Indie circuit up in Michigan, nothin’ special.” He paused, “… Well, my sire felt differently. N-Neither here nor there. Ended up leaving the scene when I turned. The lower the profile, the better. Been seeing the country. Sleepin’ in the dirt like the guy from that John Carpenter vampire movie.” He motioned his hands in the air to mimic Valek from the film. “I know it’s not the best flick to reference in front of fellow vamps… er, sorry, kindred, but I’m glad that part’s accurate. Saved my ass in werewolf territory. O-Of course, I respect the rules of any given domain. I don’t just sneak into areas unannounced.” His hands jolted up, one on his heart. He seemed to realize something, as he grumbled unintelligibly to himself.

”If I may make one request…” he put on hand on the arm of his chair and pointed up with the other, “I would like dibs on the knuckleheads. When two mortal idiots throw hands, I want that rush. I want their blood.”
    Protean 2

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer wore a vintage dress with an irregular collar. Jennifer wore the two rings that meant so much to her - the emerald ring on one hand and the chocolate diamond and white diamond ring on the other hand.

Jennifer observes the newcomer for a moment. She tended to obscure some things about herself. Chief among these facts was her precise age. She recognized the flick that Geof referenced.
    "I shall do so in the privacy of the office. Yet in public, I shall refer to you properly. I am a member of the Invictus. It will not do to suggest a familarity between the two of us that is not present. Please call me Seneschal Hazleton or Lady Seneschal.
    I recall the flick."
    She says. "I have to admit, I admire that Gift. I am envious of the Gift from time to time.
    Respecting the laws of presentation is very wise, Geof.

We will return to the topic of the criminals once your acknowlegement is completed and you have attended one Court after our meeting here has concluded."
    Too many Kindred came and looked promising, yet melted away before lasting through thier first visit to Court.

"I am always looking for Kindred who wish to assist. I advise being a self starter and keeping oneself involved. No one wants a promise and a failure to follow through.

There is a document that you need to review. These are the Laws of the Domain."
    She reaches into a drawer in the desk and brings out a handwritten document on expensive parchment. The document is placed on Geof’s side of the desk.
    "Please review these Laws carefully. Take your time, the document will stay with me. If you have any questions or need clarifications, we will sort that now.

Once you have done so, we will move onto my questions to determine if you will be acknowledged. Then you will no doubt have questions for me."

Geoffrey Hughs
    Strength
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Dexterity
    Boxing
    Geof

Protean 2
    Geof Scenes

FAME
    PRE

Geoff’s eyes widened at the word “criminals,” “I think you got something mixed up, Ma’am. I wasn’t talking about criminals, I was talking about knuckleheads. I don’t want anyone being sent to me on a silver platter. I know what I’m looking for, I know how to get it, I just want to establish I can get it without violating the masquerade. If I’m actually looking for people with a record, that risks getting the eyes of cops on me, that risks interfering with gang activity.” He could feel his hands shake erratically. The way these guys always gotta over complicate things. “Oh, you want a specific type of person, let us use our Invictus paycheck to buy some men in black to get it for you.” … I’ve been through enough of these to know how they go.

He reached for the paper, preparing himself for an earful.
    Protean 2

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer observed for a moment. Comfortable with the silence. His words are poured over and held up for inspection. It is a different Danse than her own. His was tempered with different experiences. Although she was thinking through what his intentions were.

She was comfortable with the silence. Jennifer had already stated her expectations.

Geoffrey Hughs
    Strength
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Dexterity
    Boxing
    Geof

Protean 2
    Geof Scenes

FAME
    PRE

Geoff put the paper back on the desk and got up from the chair. “I’ll be on my way,” he said. He headed towards the door.
    Protean 2

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"You have not been granted acknowledgement." Jennifer replied, curious as to why he was quitting the acknowledgement process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread