Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Meeting for Acknowledgement

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Coil of Blood
    Resources
    Scott Price

Auspex 1
    Obtenebration 1
    Obfuscate 1
    Tracker

Scott Price Scenes

PRE

He had been given the address to meet the Priscus, looking at the single family homes lining the street and reading the numbers as he went until he came to the one he was given. He could see the glow in the sky from Funderland nearby. His eidetic memory was infallible, but he still glanced at his phone to double check he was right. Assured that he was, he strode toward the door.

It was a stately home, befitting a doctor. I wonder if he's a medical doctor or a PhD holder, either way he's earned the title. Scott thought to himself. I hope I'm not imposing myself tonight.

His jet black suit was nicely pressed, covered in a slightly too large pea coat with an intricate brocade design. He had possessed the coat before he was Embraced, he was deep into that goth aesthetic. The suit he had bought in Houston before he left. The cool, almost chill if he could feel it, night breeze rustled his shoulder-length hair and the tails of his coat as he raised a hand to ring the doorbell.
    BP: 2

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Upon the ringing of the doorbell the door would open allowing to enter a small room with an iron wardrobe and wallpaper from the seventies (white roses on blue background). A single door led deeper into the building when opened, allowing access to a bigger room with the same wallpaper, an oval table with two chairs and prepared with notepads and writing implements. On the walls hung paintings, landscapes framed and under glass. Another door opened and the host appeared, greeting his guest with a nod and a small smile.

"Good evening, Mr. Price. Please do sit down."

Coil of Blood
    Resources
    Scott Price

Auspex 1
    Obtenebration 1
    Obfuscate 1
    Tracker

Scott Price Scenes

PRE

Admiring the artwork and other accoutrements of the rooms, though the wallpaper was a little before his time he'd seen worse. Hearing the older gentleman invite him to sit, he took the free chair and placed his hands on his knees and then slid them forward, a nervous habit he'd had since life,

"Good evening, Dr. Baker, I suppose a proper introduction is in order. Scott Price, Mekhet of the Khaibit bloodline, and a member--though with no standing in this Domain--of the Ordo Dracul. I present myself for Acknowledgement in this Domain."

He bowed his head slightly and then raised it to face the older Mekhet. He couldn't get a read on the gentleman's Beast, Ah, my Sire told me about Obfuscating the blood, this must be that in action. I'll just have to assume he's stronger than I am, its safest that way. This internal reasoning was enough to placate his own Beast since it wasn't sure how to react anyway.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al had indeed spent some time in meditation anticipating his visitor. He had dressed in the usual ensemble at home: grey dress trousers, a white shirt with a purple tie, red slippers with floral silverwork embroidery and a red cardigan with the four Purusuthas repeatedly embroidered in white. As accessoire he wore a silver medaillon with a three-bodied woman.

"Welcome, Mr. Price. I'm Dr. Baker, Priscus and Hierophant, though the latter isn't important for this meeting."

He thought for a moment and wrote a name on a piece of paper before handing it over.

"You probably will want to contact Mr. Dominguez, as he is a member of the Ordo as well."

Then he tented his hands and focused his attention on Scott.

"Now, before we get to the Acknowledgement, I'd like you to tell me about you, so that I get an impression of your talents. Then I'll answer the questions you might have."

Coil of Blood
    Resources
    Scott Price

Auspex 1
    Obtenebration 1
    Obfuscate 1
    Tracker

Scott Price Scenes

PRE

Scott's suit was a simple jet black three piece, it was the nicest suit he had though, and up close it was of obvious quality and had mother-of-pearl inlaid silver buttons and cufflinks. The brocade on his coat was more apparently a dark blue, almost indigo, Fleur-de-lis pattern. He also wore an eye of Ra lapel pin, a gift from his Sire.

"You have a lovely home here, I'd just like to say." He said taking the paper with Mr. Dominguez's name on it. "Thank you, Dr. Baker. I will get in contact with him."

"About myself? Well, I'm still a fairly young Kindred but my Sire taught me the basics and then some. I am skilled in our clan discipline at a basic level, as well as the power of hiding things. I have basic command of my bloodline's discipline as well. And I have one Coil of the Dragon, but that's probably not of great concern to someone who isn't part of the Ordo. I was Embraced in the Domain of Houston roughly 15 years ago, and have resided there until very recently." Even though he said he lived in Houston, there's no Texan accent, if anything its closer to the Midwest accent from time spent growing up in Colorado. "In life, I developed my mind more than my body, I guess it comes naturally with my eidetic memory which I've supplemented with noticing small details. I researched a lot of subjects on the computer from pure academic topics to the occult, but mostly computers, academics, occult, and science. I learned some basic fighting and enhanced that after my Embrace by learning to use almost anything as a weapon. I'm pretty good at sneaking around as well. My social skills are somewhat lacking though, I will confess, though I've been trying to work on them--and I have time now, I suppose."

He continued, "I've got a natural sense for danger, and directions. I was also somewhat fleet of foot before my Embrace. And I've been able to take quite a few hits. I would guess those come from being bullied when I was very young--mostly due to lack of social skills." He chuckled wryly at his own memories and how weak he'd been then. "My Sire had been teaching me about how to defend myself better, but he was old enough that he decided to enter voluntary torpor instead of committing Amaranth."

"As for my questions, I was wondering first and foremost, what are the expectations of Kindred in the Domain? And is there any other information that you might have about unlife here? I'm not sure what else to ask, at the moment." He trailed off slightly, being slightly insecure about saying all that and not having any questions besides formalities.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded with a small smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Price."

He thought for a bit how to summarise the expectations after listening and taking notes on what was said.

"The expectations... Don't break the law, pay due respect to those guiding the domain and probably be social. The last isn't easy for some. There is Court monthly, all three months there is Formal Court with more formality and if you value your Acknowledgement Formal Court is mandatory."

Opening a folder he looked at a note before continuing.

"There will be a Clan meeting next month, though I'm not sure there are more than us here presently. Anyway, that means as it would be a Clan meeting, Covenant business is no part of it. You have a post office box at the Nox, you will in time receive a letter of invitation to the meeting."

Again he thought for a bit before continuing.

"I think you should know that we have an alliance with the Nosferatu, which means mostly we share knowledge, though there are exceptions, which will be explained at the meeting."

Then he took another folder out of his briefcase and some pages from it which he passed on.

"These are the Laws of the Domain. Please read them carefully and understand them. Feel free to ask in case you don't."

Coil of Blood
    Resources
    Scott Price

Auspex 1
    Obtenebration 1
    Obfuscate 1
    Tracker

Scott Price Scenes

PRE

Scott noted the expectations in his head, "Ah, so Formal Court is where I would present to the Prince, I assume."

He also took note of the fact there was a clan meeting next month So soon after I arrive. "A Clan meeting next month, it seems I arrived at an opportune time then." I suppose the Nosferatu are brothers in darkness, makes sense we'd ally with them especially if there's only two of us. "Good to know that if it is only the two of us we at least have some allies in the Nosferatu. I suppose it makes sense to share knowledge, and I look forward to the meeting to learn specifics." Scott had relaxed a little since he'd been here and had let his speech lapse into less formality, and his hands relaxed a bit and were clasped in his lap.

Scott took the sheet that was passed to him and read the Laws. "No questions here, these are fairly easy to understand and follow. May I keep this copy, I mean I already have them memorized but its always easier to have something to refer to."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded.

"If you wish to do so. Though it is custom to approach Her Grace and it is her who initiates a conversation, should that be her wish."

Again he nodded.

"You indeed did. We will see how many we will be at the meeting."

With a hint of a smile he gestured to the paper and writing utensils on Scotts side of the table.

"Writing them down yourself would serve you better in memorizing them, don't you think? At least it worked for many pupils."

Leaning back he tented his hands.

"Well, then. Have you ever committed Amaranth?"

Coil of Blood
    Resources
    Scott Price

Auspex 1
    Obtenebration 1
    Obfuscate 1
    Tracker

Scott Price Scenes

PRE

Scott noted that he shouldn't approach the Prince without being told to. "Got it. Don't approach unless she asks."

"I suppose it would, true."
    He said as he picked up the pen and paper and started writing. He wrote fast normally but as he was copying while engaged in conversation he wrote even faster, even using some abbreviations he came up with himself, especially for words that mortals shouldn't know--just in case. No one else could probably read this. I can use the abbreviations to help recall the information.

He stopped writing suddenly at the question of Amaranth. He had never committed the act but the question still caught him off guard. "I have never committed Amaranth, nor do I have any desire to. My Sire went into voluntary torpor as he was getting old enough to require Kindred blood, and I've thought about doing the same when I get to that point as well." To be fair, he had also thought of walking into the sun when it came to that point, but that was only when he felt really depressed. "I have purposely killed a human, for no other reason than revenge, and that weighs heavy on me--but I've never committed Amaranth." His voice was steady and true.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al raised a finger sub-conciously, as there might not be a verbal initiation and Scott might want to know that.

"She might acknowledge your presence in other ways, but it is important to wait until it has been acknowledged."

He nodded as the answer was as expected.

"Good."

Once again he consulted the folder, before speaking.

"Do you swear loyality to the Prince and the officers of this Domain?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread