Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Seneschal and a Mekhet

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Here it goes. When I first was Embraced me and my Sire travelled around Finland, I was ignorant in the ways of my covenant at the time and he thought it'd be good for me to learn while seeing the sights of my native country. I never found out where my Sire was from originally, but that's beside the point. In our travels we met a Kindred who had consumed his Sire and a few other Kindred as well, it was harrowing to say the least. He assumed we'd be easy prey, thankfully I knew how to fight and so did my Sire, it took a lot of effort, but we managed to bring them down. That was when I truly understood the nature of our condition, and what it can do to a person's soul.

Losh observes the Seneschal, trying to detect any boredom or discomfort. Already in too deep, and hoping that it might have piqued her curiosity, he continued.

"Wanting to turn this horrible moment into something I could learn from, my Sire assigned me to investigate the Diablerist's life and find out why he had gone against his Sire. After using the items in his possession to locate where he came from, I was led to a small cabin house in the woods. Inside were dead bodies, I presumed them to be the dead bodies of his family. Back then people were so spread apart that bodies could be lying in the middle of fields for years until they were found, and there was not much to be done about them either. I looked closely and surmised they had been dead for over a decade."

Losh pauses to take a breath, even though it's impossible for him to do so. A habit he had when telling stories he could never kick.

"That....bothered me for a long time, I still haven't really gotten over it, at least, I hoped I haven't. I guess the point of this is you don't really know how horrible something can be until you see it for yourself. It doesn't make sense, the story. Trust me, I've been trying to piece and assemble it in the right order for a long time. My Sire was right, I did learn lessons that day.

He looks up at the Seneschal.

"Some stories don't have endings, and they don't always make sense. Secondly, Leaving absolutely everything behind from when your were mortal ends badly. At least, that's my interpretation of it. Feel free to think differently."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"A very interesting insight into your past. I do appreciate that you shared it with me." Her cursed voice states. Her expression is one of sincerity.
    It was an insight into this new Kindred. Jennifer considered what he was revealing to her.
    "When we have some time, I would like to talk with you about a Cleaver that I once knew. It was a situation where attempting to straddle two worlds affected the Kindred involved."

It was tempting to get into the details now. Yet this was not her personal conversation. There was a clear goal in sight, determine if the Kindred would fit into the Domain and if he was a threat to the Domain.
    "Do you swear to loyalty to her Grace, Prince Alessandra Antinori, and her chosen officers of her Court; and to obey the Laws of the Domain?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I swear, I, Losh, overwise known as Lindsey Ravenwood to mortals, will obey the Laws of This Domain and all of those who are higher rank above me." He places his hand over his heart for added emphasis, his head titled down, and his posture in a bow of respect.

"And I will also do everything in my power to protect the domain and it's laws, if Prince Alessandra Antinori for whatever, I will respond and attempt to rectify whatever problem she has to the fullest extent of my abilities."

He takes his hand off his heart and makes a show of dusting himself off and adjusting his jacket, "I don't really feel any different, never been a made man before. But like I said, if you ever need my help, don't be afraid to send a letter, or a messenger, or a text, or however mortal kids these days do things. It was fun talking to you, normally most Kindred don't listen to my ramblings, too preachy for them if you get what I mean."

He pauses and thinks over something for a moment, and then he shrugs, "I don't know how much help I'll be in with the Bloodhunt, since I arrived right in the middle of it. Picked a heck of a time to introduce myself. I guess I could do a little digging into the target if there's anything you don't know about them, like their mortal life if they were Embraced during this century or maybe I could go to some bars and ask if anyone's seen them, I'm a bit of a barfly."

He combs his fingers through his short blond hair, "Not saying I have a magnetic personality, but I can blend in with the type of people who go to bars normally, why, I have a knack for making people feel like I've been a regular for years."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Losh, you are acknowledged in the Domain of Sacramento. You may establish a small Haven and hunt in the appropriate spaces."
    Jennifer had the information that she needed. This Kindred would do well in this Domain. She was considering that he could bring some good

"If there is still a situation with the Blood Hunt at the end of the week, I will call you. There are plans unfolding as we speak." Translation - Kindred were out working at this moment.
    "The Laws did mention this, yet I always want to be crystal clear on two points.

Be very attentive to attend every Formal Court. It is a Formal, so dress appropriately. I highly recommend attending the gathering that occurs, you can make good connections there.
    The main takeaway is do not walk up to the Prince and strike up a conversation. Past experiences with brash neonates has made certain decorum law. You may approach her Grace and bow at some distance away. If she feels like conversation, she will signal you to approach. If she ignores you, move on.
    If you need to pass on important information, contact myself to pass on the information.

I will be hosting an event at this Salon soon. Do keep an eye out for an inviation." Do I normally invite newcomers to her exclusive parties? No. Yet he was a curious one.
    Jennifer pulled out a piece of expensive parchment and wrote down two names. Under each name was a phone number and address.

"This is the contact information for Priscus of the Mekhet, Albert Baker. Leader of the Cicle of the Crone. I would drop him a note as soon as possible to let him know that you are in town.
    This second member is for Reeve Helen Kingsley. Leader of the Carthian Movement. If you spot law breaking or want to assist in any investigation, send her a note."

You should change your status to 1 now
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer waited for a response. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke in her Cursed voice.
    "Did you have any questions?

Jennifer Hazelton

[ ooc this needs to close. Please post in today or I'll have to close]

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do not have any at the moment, thank you for your time very much."

Losh stands up and heads for the door, before he leaves he turns to give a short wave.

"Be seeing you."

And with that, he exits back out into the night.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to the newly acknowledged Mekhet as he departed.
    It was good to have someone who understands the way that Kindred society functions. Hopefully he stays for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread