Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Seneschal and a Mekhet

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The two-story salon had an artistic styled sign across the entrance with the name Lotus. The location of the building, nestled on a walkway near other artistic stores, suggests Blushing would be beneficial. The lighting within the salon allowed one to see the space, yet was dim. When you move through the entranceway, a walk-in coat check where Liam waited to accept coats and accessories was to the left. The next door led to a small room with a few seats along the wall, yet mostly open space. A small hallway with two locked doors led to an upstairs area, reserved for a small office area for managing the salon.
    There are two open doors visible. A third door remains closed. The first door stands open, revealing a medium sized room with some artwork on the walls to reflect and converse on. Two large glass globes with small openings at the top were just before the hall. Within these globes, lotus flowers floated in clear water. Liam, a dark haired man in a tailored reinforced suit, stands patiently at the first door. Upon Losh’s arrival, Liam strides forward.
    “The Seneschal is waiting for you, sir. Might I verify what name you go by in these circles for a proper introduction?” Once that request is answered, Liam gestures for Losh to follow behind him. Liam leads to the second door. It opens to a well-appointed study. Jennifer sits behind her desk within the study. She wore a classic check folded collar dress in green. It was noticeable that Jennifer did not wear a scarf, her neck and shoulder bare to reveal the gift of her Sire upon her Embrace. It was as though a sharp teeth, wide maw mouth had taken flesh from Jennifer's neck and one of her shoulders. Jennifer wore the two rings that meant so much to her - the emerald ring on one hand and the chocolate diamond and white diamond ring on the other hand.

Jennifer is Blushed.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Blush Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Losh, a bit taken aback at Liam's formalness, rubs the back of his neck and says,"Losh is fine, I only go by Lindsey when I talk to strangers."

Feeling intimidated at being presence of such a powerful Kindred, the beast inside wanted him to run away, to look for shelter, to crawl back to his Haven and stay there until he gorged himself fat on Vitiate and slumber until the threat was gone. Closing his eyes and going through the motions of taking a deep breath, a human custom he's kept. Using his years of experience, he smiled at the Seneschal and thanked whatever God was out there above he didn't contact the Prince instead.

"It's a pleasure to meet you my liege, or do you me to call you by your first name?"
    he pauses, trying to think of a more tactful way of saying this, "I've met some college kids and from what I heard, high-ranking Kindred are like professors. They earned their titles and spots in their cities, so just say the word and I'll refer to you by it."

After that, Losh looks around the room and gestures to see if he could sit down in the chair, "So I saw there's a Blood Hunt going on? Who's the lucky fella, or lady." Losh corrects himself.

Losh is blushed.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Liam stood by the door. "May I introduce Losh." He bowed to his regnant.
    "Thank you, Liam. Please see that we are not disturbed."
    Jennifer's voice was Cursed - it slithered like a snake through decaying leaves.

Liam nods and stands by the end of the hallway,w here he would be able to see anyone entering through the doors.

Jennifer regarded the new Kindred for a moment. He had a way about him that was different. The mention of college kids caused her eyes to widen slightly. Her own herd and spheres of influence included college kids. Perhaps this new Kindred shared some similarities to herself.

"There is no need for 'my liege'." She understood from the context clues that he had not been trying to assert ownership and moves on.
    "I hold a few titles. I hold the city title of Seneschal, the Clan title of Priscus and the Covenant title of Lady Notary. The Alder Lady Prince Alessandra Antinori has made it clear that all Covenants are equal in her Domain. City titles are to be used in shared spaces, such as Elysium or meetings of Domain business. Such as this meeting. You would be fine referring to me as Seneschal Hazelton. I do enjoy the styling of Lady Seneschal that some have taken to using.
    "Yes, there is a Blood Hunt going on. Three Kindred were here without seeking acknowledgement and have orchestrated a conspiracy to harm Priscus Baker. There is also another Kindred who these criminals have accused of trying to kill an intended Childe. Yet we can talk about that later, if you are interested in assisting me. As all Kindred should be engaged in hunting when a Blood Hunt is called. It is good of you to take an interest.

Tell me about yourself, Mr. Losh. Where have you come from? What Clan do you descend from? Is there anything notable you have done?"

To use the expenditure of one Vitae, you must mark the expenditure in your post. Read 'power icons' here to learn how to do that in your next post

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Losh shivers when he hears her voice, he doesn't know why, but with his Blush active it's making his skin crawl.

​"I"m from Finland originally, from a sleepy remote village, it's gone now." Losh's cocksure smiles falters slightly, but he quickly regains it when he meets Jennifer's gaze.

"But who cares about that part of my past," He chuckles brightly, in the moment seeming downright mortal, "My sire embraced me because I was good with a sword and my interests naturally aligned with those of the Mekhet and the Ordo Dracul. I was quiet, inquisitive, reflective. Good at hunting too."

Losh clears his throat and drops his sappy tone, "In modern nights I consider myself a private investigator. I'm good at tracking other Kinded and Kine down, and with this Blood hunt going on, and it being my sworn duty to aid you and Prince Alessandra, I think a great way to prove myself to the both of you would be aiding your efforts.

"But before we get to that, if you would humor a naive fool like myself, do you believe in fate?" He asks.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer regards Losh carefully for a moment. The falter in the smile was noted. Although it was the meeting of her eyes that interested her.

"Time does heavily press across our past." She states, somber.
    "Are you interested in gathering knowledge?"
    She inquired. It was his description of interests naturally aligning with the Mekhet that sparks a curiosity.

"What Domain did you most recently dwell in?" The Nosferatu is gathering the information that the new Kindred is sharing, trying to get an accurate account of what he would bring to Sacramento.

"I can see where skills that you possess would be beneficial. Yet I must gather more information." The voice is cursed, yet the tone of her voice is one of care.

"Fate? I have never been a proponent." Yet dark eyes watch him. Curious what he would share.

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

At even the barest hint of frustration Losh instantly perks up.

"I've been in Helsinki for almost all of my nights. If we're talking America, I spent a couple of months in Oregon and then decided to head down. My own little inner volta do mar calling to me, if you'd pardon my Portuguese. I don't actually speak it, but I've picked up a number of phrases and idioms from all around the world. Enduring the Embrace has really been a blessing for me, if I were mortal I'd never be able to live enough to know what I know now."

He smiles grows warmer as he recounts fond memoires of encountering explorers and scholars who decided to pay his own tiny slice of the world a visit.

"I sort of wish I had a kid or two before it though, it'd be amazing to have an ancestor like that. Imagine your father or mother being over a thousand years old? Sure you can read and hear about Napoleon, the Black Death, and the Boxer Rebellion from history books and documentaries the Kine make. But to have a first hand account? Why it'd be invaluable. He says with an almost whimsical passion.

Losh blinks and suddenly remembers he's not talking to his mentor or member of his covenant, instead it was the Seneschal of the entirety of Sacramento. The Prince's right hand woman, and someone he did not want to annoy with his incessant existential ramblings.

"I"m sorry," Losh runs his fingers through his nearly combed short blond hair, "I sometimes get a little lost in myself, it's my nature, you know, like the The Scorpion and the Frog. I'm a Jack Of All Trades, I know a little something about everything. I'm decent at using swords, having really tried firearms all that much, especially the news, but too modern for me.

Losh's eyes suddenly widen, "Oh! and to answer your earlier question. Yes, I love gathering knowledge, doesn't matter the type. If you ever want to know some proverbs that really make you reflect on your situation. Just ask."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer remains calm and composed as she conducts the interview. “Please have a seat, Losh .” She gestures to the chair in front of her desk.
    "You wish you had a child when you were mortal? I would be interested in discussing this with you more at a later time. My mentor had an issue with a Cleaver. More of a cautionary tale.” A slight smile.
    "Gathering knowledge is very important to me. I feel that it is a wise way to spend the time that we have been given."

It was an intriguing idea. She watches Losh for a moment. She reaches into a drawer in the desk and brings out a handwritten document on expensive parchment. The document is placed on Losh’s side of the desk.
    “These are the Laws of the Domain. Take your time in reading the Laws. If you have any questions or need clarification, this is the time to do so.”

Her eyes focus on Losh for a moment. The discussion has given her a little bit of information on his normal behaviors. Was it enough? She was unsure. Yet she decided to determine if she knew him well enough to determine if he was lying. Jennifer strummed the power of her Blood Gift, intending to open her perceptions to the psychic aura of Losh.

2 successes

“Have you ever committed Amaranth?”

Lindsey Ravenwood
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    New Identity
    (Lindsey Ravenwood)
    Losh
    Losh Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jennifer sees him perk up at the question, his aura a deep shade of orange.

"Amaranth?" His aura shifts, the orange becoming mottled, signifying his confusion, "Oh, you mean if I've...done that horrible thing. No, I am not a Diablerist. In my travels I've met Kindred who have done it, their not very secretive about it when they've been alone by themselves outside the authority of any Prince or other type of leader for a long while. Old Kindred, they like to talk, I don't know if it's the mortal drive to get things off their chest still in them or what."

Losh faces becomes stern as he takes the seat the Seneschal offered him.

"It's a curse, a forbidden fruit. Younger members of my kind always say that banning it is a ploy so that elders can remain powerful, that killing and devouring the soul of another Kindred somehow makes them equal. It doesn't, it twists and warps who you are. I've seen many great Kindred corrupted by it, so no, I've never done it." His aura turns a bright white, not a hint of blackness within it.

"Do you mind if I tell you a story? Although I suppose it'll be more like a parable." His aura shifts again as he smiles softly, large spots of yellow with the faintest hints of silver coming through.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer observed the Mekhet carefully. She took a whole minute to stare at him. It likely appeared strange. Although it was possible that he was experienced with his Family's Gift. Although he might not be aware of how a Nosferatu came by the Gift.

"Good. That is the first hurdle to clear in order to earn Acknowledgement.
    Yes. I would like to hear your story."

Further insight into this Kindred is what I need. He seems to want to cooperate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread