Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Fruit Hunt

Page 3 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Pulled aside as she was by Sam, Juno didn't have time to react. The Artist's agitation was obvious....and catching. In response to some unknown threat her tail tuft puffed out and the quills raised up into delivery position. Her eyes widened slightly in the manner of a startled feline, then just as quickly the proper equilibrium of her demeanor was regained.

Something had him scared. She could feel it.

"Shhhh. You're frightened. But that's not a good thing where you're going. The Hedge will react to it."

Reaching out with a hand, she gently squeezed Sam's arm.

"I'm not offended, but I am concerned about you. People do forget things -- I forget things -- and it can be very upsetting. Particularly for a Fairest and what comes of being one. There's been times where I've perceived things as a Manticore would -- small children running around can trigger a thought of small prey -- and found myself wishing I could once again be one, and simply deal with a problem by allowing my claws, teeth or quills to handle arrangements. But then I remember that I was made to think and perhaps feel that way, and it's a small victory against what was done to me to keep such impulses in check. I was created to be a monster, but it doesn't mean I have to be one."

She smiled slightly, then, "Your concern for me. Very few people have actually said something like that since I came out of the Hedge. In my previous Freehold, such things -- feelings weren't really discussed. But then it was a Summer-held place and they were always in a state of war over something."

The tail-tuft and quills had lowered themselves as she talked. Curling her tail upwards so that she could reach the tuft, she worked her fingers into the fur and taking one of the quills by its base she squeezed it out of the skin and handed it dull end first to Sam.

"Here. Take this with you. It doesn't have any special properties or anything, but you can hold on to it and think about coming back here -- and me -- when or if things get really bad."

She was quiet for a moment, then, "I mean it. I want you to come out of the Hedge in one piece."

PRE

Derek and Al-Adin arrive at Enzo's place. Derek carries two backpacks and a duffelbag, and has given Al-Adin a third backpack to carry.

"Hey, all. Have we decided where we're going to enter the Hedge?"

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam hadn't realized how tense he was until Juno squeezed his hand. Then, his paranoia left with a deep sight, as if he were a large, ripe plum, and Juno had just squeezed all the juice right out.

He blinked, then double blinked.

When he spoke, his voice was like a warm, gentle breeze over trickling, cool water, pleasant and soothing.

"This is why we come back from the Hedge, isn't it."

Sam took the quill and stuck it through his t-shirt like a stick-pin. When he was done, he looked up.

"Each other."

Erica smiles lightly at Derek, something clearly troubling her, and hugs him, before moving to his side and keeping close. "I think Alice and Enzo know a way in, they've been there looking for a Hollow."

As Sam is talking, his phone starts to vibrate, infoming him of an incoming call.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam inhales suddenly, but smiles at himself.

Not completely rid of that paranoia, are you, Sam?

He answers his phone.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Sam speaks into his phone.

"Hey, Jose, cool, dude. I'm busy right now. Got some social engagements tying up my time. How about I call you in a day or two and we can set up a time, right?"

He looks up at Juno and winks as he says, "I know a great place to work on your skin."

It was a great act of trust on her part, to literally give something of herself to another, and yet....she felt that it was a good thing. The quill could help bolster Sam's spirits...allow him to return from the Hedge...and yes, she really did want to see him again. It was beginning to become apparent to her that despite her somewhat flagging opinion of the community at large, cats didn't need to walk alone all the time.

Her tail tuft fliffed out slightly with excitement born of curiosity. The word 'skin' had her full attention, and her eyes did that weird Slow Blink as she began to settle down into a more relaxed state.

Art. Mmmmmmmmm.

"See? You have me, you have a quill, and now you have a client you've just made an appointment with. So there's a good few reasons to keep yourself safe in the Hedge, right?

And Juno smiled at her fellow Artist.

M
    Mysantheral

Samantha looks at the other Changelings gathered in the room as she steps in from the kitchen with sandwitch in hand. They truly are a ragtag bunch, and that was only the top of the iceberg. She feelt the desperate need to sigh loudly, throw her hands in the air or generaly just voice her dissaproval. Fighting down the urge took a few moments and a pair of big bites from her sandwitch, only then did she speak. "Okey, anyone got any ideas for where we'll enter the Hedge? Know two places with gates... though the lot of you most likely to big to fitt into one of them."

Best not to lett them sit still and get to silly and complacant. After all, they're Spring Courtiers.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Couldn't do that," Sam says to the phone. "You got me all interested now. The more serious the ink, the interested I think. I gotta go, now. Obligations, and all, y'know?"

Page 3 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread