Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Limo Service

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Aileen is glad to enter the limo, remarking "I was getting a bit chilled out there. Do you know the person you were meeting well?
    I was supposed to meet up with my aunt, but I believe she is tied up. Someone sent me a rather garbled message about her having to go off with some officials. Odd time of night, one would think they would be after hours. Oh, listen to me going on."

She smiles. Her face is rather sharp featured, and her eyes do not seem to be affected by her smile.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(revelation)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Not at all, just a blind date that stood me up," he shrugged. "Her loss and your gain it seems." Confident as always.

"Yeah you'd think. How strange." He played along. "Well, if she sorts that out just let me know. I'd hate to keep you from family for too long."

The Lord waved his hand dismissively at the apology, "No please, go on."

3 successes

To be clear, the Limo service was actually Jack's ghoul who was declared as in the area from the last scene. Revelation has a contested roll vs Resolve+Composure+BP per vamp house rules.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

The woman blushes slightly and gives a light laugh. There is a certain alluring, musical quality to the laugh. "Yes, I agree.
    I appreciate that. It is unlike her.
    I came here with my aunts to help them with some longstanding business trouble. Someone in their distant past negatively affected their business and caused them to uproot themselves occasionally to look for these people. I heard that they had found the individual here. So here we are.
    I think they are trying some hostole take over of his company. What about you? Are you in a business field?

Yet perhaps fortune turned her way as well."

2 successes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm actually a Lawyer," The Lord's eyes flick around the cab of the vehicle they're in, "Successful, if you couldn't tell."

"Perhaps I can help? What is the nature of their business and what kind of company are they trying to takeover?" He smiled as he added, "Or if I misunderstood anything my dear, please correct me."

failure

Fortune turning her way was somewhat interesting, given their current status in Sacramento, "Hmm, How so?"

The roll was to attempt to steer the result of revelation to have her talk more about the conflict. Since the roll fails,the vampire must endure everything that the subject has to say.Should the confession go on for more than a single turn, andthe subject turns to particularly deep, dark or dangerous secrets, a Willpower point may be spent and a Composure rollmade for the subject to break the spell for a turn (VtR p. 130)

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Oh, I can." The giggle is a bit nervous. Is it due to the usual affect your good looks and charm have on mortals?
    "They don't involve me much in the business. It is a family business, passed down from great grandfather on down to my aunts. One day it will go to my sister. I am in the social media side of the business." She is warming up, now.

"Creating engagement so that the public associates the brand with favorable things. They are working on cutting out a rival's 'social connections' in the business. They have met with a rather shady looking guy in the bar last week, yet I am assured that it is something on the up and up. I know that someone in the rival company goes by 'Rowland'. They don't speak too nicely about her.
    I am hoping that she had a break through. The two of them looked a bit nervous when I spoke with them last month. I asked where they were today, and I have not gotten an answer back. It has been a bit of time, now."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord listened carefully through the doublespeak. He had hoped the gift of the Rose would have led to less reservations but still with the knowledge he had he was able to pick up most of it.

Navigating the cryptic speak led to some grave concerns. There were more players involved than the two that were announced. She fit the description but she only knows things at arm's length. She could be a childe of the two, but the lack of Beast was assumed to be concealment like himself. The story led to the potential of a very different reality... a ghoul or a mortal.

It was time to stop toying with his prey. He needed answers before they made it to Nox.

5 successes

"What is your full name?" The Lord's gaze locked on his guest. "What are your Aunts' full names?" Followed shortly by a "What is your sister's name?"

His eyes narrowed "What are you, exactly?" The moment of truth- finding out who she was in the overall puzzle before he continued extracting what he needed.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

“I am Brangeal Hamleigh. My aunt’s names are Brangaine, Dindrane and Igraine Hamleigh. My sister’s name is Aislin Hamleigh. I am a person. I work to assist my family in their business practices, although they shut me out of much of the discussion.”

Jack has the distinct feeling that this person believes everything that she is saying.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

What was this? A fucking red herring?

The Lord's frustration swelled. He was already in the Mortal's mind so he figured he would check around to see if the names were an alias.

"Have you ever noticed anything strange about your Aunts or Sister?"

Jack is using the question as a basis for: A vampire may also use The Forgetful Mind to sense whether someone has had her memories altered in this fashion, and he can sometimes use his own power to draw forth and restore the original thoughts.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

"They are devoted to the business. My aunts work all night. They are very controlled about when I am allowed to see them. I only see them about once every six months... which is why they asked me to travel here. My sister is spending all of her time with our aunts. She has no personal life of her own, any longer.

She seems to be working all through the day and handling the business arrangements that must be made during business hours."

There is a sense that something has been altered in Brangeal's memories.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The clues were all there, they lined up but the Lord chose to be diligent and most importantly: thorough. Something was amiss, and not in the realm of expectations for dealing with a group of savages.

"Think back carefully and tell me... was it always like this? If not, when did you notice a change with any of them?"

13 successes

Using forgetful mind to draw out original memories

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread