Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2311) Red Roses and Black Denim

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 1, 2023 : (2311)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord's eyebrows raised at the question and he leaned back into his seat. She was smart for leveraging his interest, "I will admit that my interest is piqued, but I am a little disappointed that we have to be so... transactional." Surprised? No. It was the Kindred way. "Perhaps it can be a topic we revisit at another time."

He nodded lightly at her confirmation. It was not only refreshing to confirm her talent, but her ability to navigate a veiled conversation was a skill itself.

"Yes, most of midtown is the Rack but you can still visit and travel the area- you simply can't feed there without permission." He shrugged as it was really a matter of preference. "Well, at least you are out enjoying a taste of what the city has to offer." Pun intended?

"Hmm..." he lingered in thought. He had enjoyed their coy and light banter. She still wanted to play the part, but he would not be made to look like a beggar. "Challenge enough?" His arms straightened, pushing his posture up from his resting elbow. "My dear no, there is no challenge to be had here." A thin smile creased across his lips, "Or should we discuss what you might offer for the privilege?" Sometimes it was good he was no longer the Seneschal. Sometimes it allowed for just a little more fun.

Blood Hunt:

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Hm he has no need to take my bait, he holds more or less every card and he knows it. Verity shrugs, she has not gained but she has not lost either. 'When you arrive in town with all your worldly possessions in few duffels in the back seat, you have to make everything you have count.' head tilts slightly to the left to weigh the comment. Oh. Now is that a misstep or a trap? Nothing ventured noting gained. 'Sure. If you can't find someone to scratch that conversational itch. I'll be around.' Her eyes flick around the court, noting things seem a little quiet.

Now is he flaunting he has it or just assumes I'm uniformed? Verit leans back in her seat, the better to watch the Priscus. 'I'll travel through if I need to, but why risk attendance. After court hoping my way across most of the USA, just having a consistent meal is a luxury I'm still enjoying.' The journey had been brutal but in some small ways educational.

Ah the lord shows himself. Jacque's comments are meet with raised eyebrows. 'Offer you, for the privilege of giving you my number? What do you want.' you might be good looking but I'm no fawning sycophant, people come to me.

A poorly hidden look of incredulity. No challenge huh. 'I was saying to Priscus Baker last court, people often under estimate the challenge I can provide.' ​And if I can keep even a small thing from you its a challenge you couldn't surmount. Verity's posture has never been poor but now is straight as a arrow, she clearly has no intention of selling herself short.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

3. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack nodded at the reasoning and the tabling of the conversation. If nothing else it gave the Lord an excuse for another conversation if he desired.

Fingers dismissively waved in the air at the question that wasn't meant to be one, "Entertainment." A grin followed his absurd answer but he otherwise demonstrated an agreement with her reasoning and prudence.

His eyes take in the subtle signs of her posture and form. The declaration of the challenge she would be. This Rose would not reflexively wilt. Good. "What I want?" The stifle of a chuckle. "That is only necessary if you wish to blindly take the hard road instead of recognizing the generosity of my gesture." He flicked his wrist, "I'm afraid the only challenge you are making is for yourself."

Blood Hunt:

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

(Daeva vice: Lose, Lose.)Willpower 2 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

A war of pride rages in Verity's head.

On one side the desire to show she could danse as well as any kindred, to concede to the Lord and ingratiate herself, to the end of maybe finding out something the Seneschal wanted.

On the other, she left home and family to travel hundreds of miles alone, and it wasn't to meekly wait on the beck and call of a lord, no matter how high.

Pride wins. Pride loses.

She finds her response. Back straight, green eyes set, tone musical but firm. 'And what about me suggests I would have it any other way?' The hard road it is.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

7. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He found his thoughts returning to his initial impression: the absolute gumption and gall.

It struck the Lord differently this time. It wasn't a general tenacity this time- but a challenge she placed on the Lord himself. She had to know better, to at least suspect... yet here she was doubling down on playing with fire.

His eyes narrowed on the Succubus as he answered her rhetorical question, "I had hoped your wit would continue to shine through." He considered the moment carefully. He had gotten sucked into the conversation and now here they were at a standoff for what he viewed as offering hospitality.

"What I want then Ms Carmen," he hefted the words with a sharp emphasis on each syllable. "...Is for you to understand the gravity of your choices."

The final words come with a touch of exhaustion... or was it boredom? Either way he had decided he wasn't going to force feed generosity to her.

"You'll know where to find me when you do." ​His final prideful words before the Lord eased back into his seat and the steel eyes began sifting across the faceless masses again.

Blood Hunt:

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

She had lost this round and she knew it. When playing against the house with nothing in hand what should I have expected. Didn't make it sting any less. The look across her features is however bizarrely appreciative.

The lord's tone made it clear she had crossed a line. And his sudden disinterest a dismissal if she had ever seen one. The game had come to an end. Far be it from her to give him a chance to make it more obvious. Sit here by yourself than I guess.

Verity stands. and manages an incline of her head. 'Have a pleasant rest of your evening Priscus Jacque.' The tone suggests almost admiration. For her failure, he had played beautifully and recognition of his craft was due. Endless Purpose.

Before she makes her way to the cluster of kindred she had left previously to join him.

Continued in (2311)Formal Court...
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

11. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

In the Lord's mind, she made the smartest decision she could have in closing the conversation.

The tone of her salutation was noticed. A fraudulent blink of his eyes flicked his focus to the Daeva if only for a moment. His expression was neutral save for the single upward pull of a corner of his lips.

The door had been left open for another night and her actions spoke that she knew.

Jack will remain in the seating area if anyone decides to approach.

Blood Hunt:

13. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread