Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2311) Red Roses and Black Denim

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 1, 2023 : (2311)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Light steps tapped as the Lord made his way to the seating area. Slender fingers slipped the buttons of his jacket open before seating himself. Steel eyes fell on the Daeva to join as she wished before scanning the rest of the room's faceless masses.

Continued from (2311)Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner.

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Misty green eyes follow the Lords walk until he sits, A sanguine smile creeping across her purple lips. One will be easier than all at once and he’s not one I’m due to meet with otherwise, with airs like that how could I not.

Excusing herself from the huddle to follow across the room Verity suddenly stops dead half way between the group and the Priscus, a deer in the headlights.

Fear write clear across the previously playful features as her beast tries to make a getaway through her spine, only reined in by the knowledge she would likely face something like this, if it had been entirely off guard she wouldn’t be still be here.

The source had to be no one else but Prince Alessandra Antinori and her mighty beast making herself known. The briefest of glances Verity gets shows the dominating figure a fierce beauty in her own right, before Verity’s back bends almost ninety degrees, avoiding notice impossible, so she shows respect and hopes.

She waits. No reprimand comes nor acknowledgment of her existence given. She waits a little longer to be safe, before slowly standing and finishes the crossing over to the waiting kindred.

Verity quite clearly and with seemingly little effort still mimics most of the social ques of the living. She blinks, she makes her chest raise and fall and she shifts her weight subtlety, although not in response to any stimulus, the give away that she is no longer among the living.

Removing the leather jacket to take a seat, exposing bare arms and exactly how well the Iron maiden t-shirt hugs her perfectly symmetrical body, figure and chest.

She looks to the Lord to make the first move, this was after all his game, and the moments to settle didn’t hurt either.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack watched Verity's approach, scrutinizing each step if not simply for his own interest but by her demand.

"Likewise," he responded with respect to the Seneschal.

The succubus' choice to remove the jacket before seating compelled Jack to smile, albeit thinly. The absolute gumption and gall.

"Would you be more comfortable with my jacket?" his fingers pinched on the lapel of one side with the offer. As much as he could appreciate the Rocker Girl style, he could see it ultimately disrupting their conversation.

It wasn't but a few moments later that the commanding voice of displeasure found its way through Court. His eyes traced to his fellow Lord. Unfortunately that lesson had already been once given, yet the Prince gave him a choice. Jack was content to wait to see his next move before deciding on an action. He contemplated how fortunate his guest might be this very moment that something greater caught the Prince's attention. A small portion of him wondered if the Father would consider himself her gift from God given the circumstances. The unnecessary force of air made a grunt of amusement audible at the thought. His eyes returned to Verity.

Whether she accepts his offer or not he continues, "I suppose we can start with the usual, though I'll admit I might have already known had I been present for your acknowledgement. Where do you come from and what brings you to Sacramento?"

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The spine shivering voice of the seneschal caught her ear, she looks back across and lets her musical tones carry between the space. ‘Yes, Thank you Seneschal.’ As Verity made her way over to Jacque the Seneschals scrutiny of her outfit would show the clothing lacks the fade of being well worn, everything is either well maintained in the terms of jacket and boots or fairly new in terms of shirt and jeans. The shirt is tucked in. whether she’s making the best attempt with what she has or has more openly ignored/misunderstood what formal means is unclear, as she doesn’t draw attention to any part of the outfit rather uses it to draw attention to her, as if she needs to.

And I thought you wanted to get to know me.’ She smirks playfully.

Before her attention is grabbed by the confrontation, putting a swift end to her levity. Something she watches to its conclusion. Something Handsome Jacque seems to find amusing.

Noting the Reeve has arrived something she had missed. The prince’s arrival had taken all of her attention. She offers a bow of her head to the Reeve from her seat.

Okay two officials have passed comment and the general masses all seem to have taken exception well at least I can say they know I’m here. That’s very kind but I think mine matches the look better.’ Whatever choices she has made regarding the general tone of her outfit she sticks to but doesn’t seem to feel the need to drag the Priscus into them. Besides what would it say about me if I’m already wearing his clothes after all but a few minutes. Pulling her own leather jacket back on ensuring the auburn locks flow over it easily.

I hope you don’t mind me asking a few back, keep the conversation from seeming repetitive on my end.’

The way he says it, everything about him makes it easy to believe he is genuine in saying doesn’t know, that his words have credence, even if all the rules of kindred society would tell me otherwise? Does that mean he doesn’t know what else happened last court?

Detroit.’ The court had heard as much twice before. ‘I want to find my place in the night, in kindred society. Stand on my own feet if you will.’ Now they’re talking her eyes do not leave the Lord. ‘What of yourself why Sacramento?
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh..." he lingered on the word. "I simply prefer my conversations to not be interrupted." He shrugged without offense or implication, "That was simply all I could offer to that end."

He watched as she reconsidered the removal of her jacket. It wasn't ideal but it was something. Something to show she was checking the temperature of the Court.

"But of course. I would get rather bored if this were simply a one sided interrogation."

The Lord grinned at the answer, "How did I not expect that answer." Of course it was, "As good a reason as any."

"I came from not far from here- Palo Alto. I came from an interest in the area's sizable chapter of the Ordo Dracul." His elbow settled on the arm of the seat as he continued. "The Dragons were said to have a unique perspective and knowledge of the Kindred condition- one I wished to discuss and explore further with them."

"Other than the obvious, are there any interests or skills you possess?"
    His arm shifted to flick his fingers in the air, "With your goals I imagine you'd like to be called for more than Tuesday night karaoke." He smirked as he added, "Though you seem a dead ringer to steal the pot."

Blood Hunt:

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Interrupted. For my choice of attire. If it comes to it, it comes to it.

She smiles as he accepts to a back and forth, repositioning to sit straight backed paying the handsome kindred her full attention. It really wasn’t hard to do.

She smirks. ‘You weren’t expecting it because kine and kindred alike try to forget about Detroit.’ A gentle tease, the intentional misunderstanding an ice breaker after the awkward beginning.

A gentle shrug. ‘In seriousness what kindred doesn’t eventually wish to build a reputation outside of just being someone else’s childe?

She did not know where that is, or much about the Ordo for that matter, rather secretive bunch, not fond of her choice in lifestyle. ‘I’ve not heard it called a condition before. My Sire spoke rather differently of our state.’ Eyebrows raising. ‘Nor have I heard much about a strong Ordo presence in the city these nights, are there more I’m yet to meet?

Ah now this was interesting the only one she had spoken to about this was the Seneschal in her office.My interests are in having a lack of disinterest. I abhor apathy.’ Eyes fixed on the Lord. ‘Otherwise, what you probably expect from my clan. Is there something you need doing Priscus?Oozing success like that I doubt you need my help.

If Karaoke’s a thing I’m down. Girl’s got to make her money somehow.’ And taking it from the rich often easier. ‘Although I imagine you get a good number of wins yourself.Its as much about presentation after all.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord chuckled with the jab at her former Domain, then nods at the desire to be more than just a presence in their Sire's shadow.

"It is a matter of perspective I suppose. Some say it is a gift and others a curse." He leaned more on his elbow folded against the arm of the chair, "Vitae changed us from what we once were much differently than any virus or pathogen mankind has ever seen. It comes with its obvious strengths, but some equally obvious downsides." His free hand waves gently, "With that in mind, those with more of a background in science are more inclined to describe it as a 'condition'." There was no air of snobbishness about the perspective, just laying out the facts of how he viewed things and why. "I am curious though, what is your choice of descriptor?"

"Not nearly as much of a presence these nights," Jack affirmed.

"A lack of apathy will serve you well," a flash of a grin. With how quiet and content some had been it was a breath of fresh air. "Now that might be a bit of a broad statement. I have known of several successful Daeva with a very broad range of skill. Are you referring to simply the talent of your blood or is there some other proficiency you possess?"

"There is always something that needs doing, I simply enjoy knowing who can be called on." An amused look crossed his face, "Trivia was more my speed, so I imagine it is an untapped market for you to claim."

"Have you spent much time in Downtown Sacramento yet?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity listens, her attention lavished on the Priscus, body turned towards him, eyes taking in every good looking detail of him. The easy confidence, the small movements, the composure.

'A gift.' eyes met his, if Jack allows. 'A moment. Caught and elevated into eternity.' Yeah a little poetic but the way mum said it stuck with me. 'Freedom.' From that which hungers in a very different way. 'Purpose.' Endless, endless purpose. In no uncertain way Verity is projecting pride to be counted among kindred.

'Oh so I can't play that card and expect you to make assumptions?' She pouts a little. Before smiling. Not just pretty and rich than. 'My greatest talents lie in being easy to talk to. People want to talk to me.' Lets see what you make of that.

Eyes narrow, in satisfaction. 'Oh I've noticed, rumours abound, and I'm not complaining.' Before going wide again. 'Is that your subtle way of asking for my number Priscus?' She might not have said as much but why people like to talk to Verity is self evident, and she knows it.

'Downtown, that'd be by the Golden 1 centre right?' A shake of the her head. 'No not yet.' And kind of close to somewhere I shouldn't be if I can read a map.
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes meeting his was a bit of a treat. His steel eyes often traced to others but not many Kindred felt comfortable lingering on that of a Ventrue.

A gentle smile as she poetically described the ascension of embrace, until she got to the final word. "Hmm," he lifted his posture with his interest. "And what purpose did you find in the embrace Ms Carmen?" It was such a unique descriptor for the condition he practically salivated with anticipation.

"Of course not," a light wink and a grin met her pouting. "Where would be the fun in that?" Her elaboration didn't surprise him. After all, he was here talking with her just the same and having been taught the way of the Rose by the Duchess of Sacramento... he felt confident that he heard her cryptic message. "It is always valuable to be everyone's confidant. How are you with directing conversations when they feel like unloading?" A hint for a hint to see if he was on the right track.

"They do like to talk," his eyes shifted around the room of faceless masses. A chuckle met her coy demeanor, "Only if you wish to be called." He was all business but took the opportunity to throw a morsel for the gossip.

"Eh," he shrugged his shoulder. "That's about as west as I would go. I'm talking about the downtown nightlife. The clubs, bars and entertainment. It's honestly not bad, though I can't compare anything to Detroit Rock City."

Blood Hunt:

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Dollface
    Barfly
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll face:

Matching li
    Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Oh that's got his interest, he did mention something about perspectives on being kindred. What follows is her most ingratiating smile. 'And what Priscus Jacque will you share with me if I tell you?' What are my snippets worth to one like you?

Oh that's pretty dead on, he's good. 'When people share their woes? lighten their loads? I find patience is best let them work through what they need to, its good for them.' Until I put what they say to use later. 'If time presses, I can usually get what I want.' This smile is all teeth, not fangs, but it isn't hard to imagine.

'As for you, quite the socialite it seems?' No one else had the appetite to pull me aside after all.

'And thank goodness they do.' My nights would get dull quickly without such as these. 'I'm always happy to take a call.' A glimmer of mischief marks her mouth, a curl of the edges of her lips. 'But is me just handing it over really challenge enough for you? as you say where's the fun in that?' Daeva 101 make them work a little.

Then Verity gives a notable start. Either he can read my mind or that was a scarily accurate analogy. Free for a moment from the flirting and veiled comments 'Uh No, No I haven't. I understood it to be Rack territory so best avoided.' We don't want any little accidents now do we. 'There are other smaller venues I've started to frequent.'
    Health
    Vitae Willpower

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread