DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Now he was supposed to be going on a history cruise at some point but with no contact he was beginning to wonder how much of that had been good manners over genuine commitment to plans, to fair he had a number for Sarah so he could reach out? Either way in case it did go ahead he wanted to be well prepared and thus a trip to the history museum seemed in order.

Given the days still peaked in the high teens to low twenties he was quite comfortable still in summer attire. Of a blue and white stripy shirt and jeans

Chambers has forgone the tour rather preferring to educate himself this afternoon. Coming from a country that’s been and done more than its fair share of invading he finds the cultures of native peoples fascinating. More precisely what could be wrapped up in their traditions before they got trampled and further obscured by most likely his ancestors.

And thus he is quite engrossed in studying the Mómtim Péwinan, River People exhibit, not least because of his own ties to the river of this city.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"I hate to stereotype, but this... this definitely seems more your vibe."

She herself was a museum girl as well. Usually not history. But the occasional foray into one didn't offend her.

Should her fellow Moros turn, he would find Witch standing behind him with a smile. Mostly of greeting, but there was an element of tease in it as well. Good natured of course. After all, as noted, she was here too.

She was casual today, boyfriend style jeans and a t-shirt that looked like it was from a gift shop. Some sort of graphic with a logo tucked into the corner and a logo splashed underneath mentioning "visit again".

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Absorbed in reading the information he starts when addressed. He turns slowly to see who here seemed to know him.

Seeing Witch, he offers an easy smile. ‘And good day to you.’ The smile becomes a smirk. ‘And here I was just wondering if I should have brought my tweed jacket.’ Taking the joke in good humour. ‘Or are you saying I belong in a display case?’ Eyes twinkle with mirth, very clearly still joking.

He steps to the side so Witch can join him at the display if she is so inclined. ‘Its never a bad idea to know the history of the place you hang your hat, as many facets of it as you can.’ And develop some talking points while I’m at it.

‘What’s got you out and about today? Here to see something particular?’ The question lacks urgency or drive, small talk with easy refusal. She's one of the more secretive ones after all she might not want to say.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch laughs, "Please tell me you actually have one? And then lifting her hands up in denial of the accusation she shakes her head, her grin matching his. "Definitely not the latter."

Stepping up into the offered, she leans in to look over the display. "I can't argue with that logic. As for me," she shrugs slightly, "nothing in particular. I like museums and hadn't been here yet. Had the day free and figured I'd pop in."

Glancing at Chambers , "Sounds like you are settling in well enough then?"

Everyone asked how you were liking a place the first week or two after you moved there. As though that gave any time at all to even know your address. And by the third month or so they assumed if you were still around that everything was honky-dory. But really that was when the real challenge came in.

When the rush of moving ended and the pains of homesickness started to pop up.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He chuckles gently, glad she got it. We've only bumped into each other a few times but it seems she's pretty amicable to a jest. 'I'm not ashamed to admit I do in fact own one.' Growing up around Oxford it was almost a necessity. 'Although I haven't had cause to wear it for a while.'

Eyes skimming over the next information plaque. 'Oh yes quite well.' I did mention I had been in the city before didn't I? 'For all intense and purpose I plan on my making the city my home. Which will be nice, haven't had a steadfast place for over half a decade now.' A realisation that once spoken brings a moments pause. Blimey that's crept past hasn't it.

Vague. For a reason or just by habit? He decides to test the waters a little. 'Day free from what if its not rude to ask?' Still small talk, awakened could be defensive about such things.

Given what he had thought he realised on arriving, given what he was starting to doubt the statement about liking museums makes him wonder not for the first time, it would fit. 'Mind if I ask you a work related question?' The change in tone is subtle but apparent, a momentary loss of the causal geniality to suggest something a little more serious.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"What..." she paused and then smiled and continued, "what exactly is a cause to wear such?"

"That isn't an insignificant amount of time." She said the statement easily, knowing that 5 years was a quarter of her life at this point.

She waved a hand in the air her answer coming without any significant hesitation, "The usual. Work. I'm not like ... a workaholic or anything, but I do still have a full-time job so," a shrug. "It cuts a tiny bit into my free time as I imagine you are familiar with?"

Straightening from the display she glanced at him, an eyebrow raising curiously, "Shoot away."

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His easy grin continues. 'Oh you know, formal dinners, akward parties, unnecessary meetings. In short places I want to seem boring enough to justify getting away sooner than later.' Which is funny given my habit of striking up conversations on the bus. 'Like I said, been a bit of dearth of those lately.'

A small chuckle of agreement. 'No. No it is not. Yet its come and gone frighteningly fast. It'll be nice to be settled for a while.' And of all places Sacramento. Not sure anyone would have seen that coming ten years ago.

The grin takes on a wry twist. 'Mayhaps not in the same way. My income is from self employed avenues so tends to be flexible. Easiest way to add studies into the mix. That's not to say it doesn't take up time, I just get more say in when and how much.' Putting skills to double duty definitely helps. He doesn't press the question if Witch had wanted to say what she did, she would have.

Eyes narrow as he thinks, but doesn't look to her, doesn't draw any extra attention to the question. Now how to phrase this so as to get the point across without being obvious? 'Given we've bumped into each other a few times now it seems we order our priorities in very similar ways, wouldn't you agree?' Simple yes or no , if she gets it. Slight deviation from the work angle but as we've just found out that we do that differently it seemed necessary.
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch wrinkled her nose in mock disgust, "Sounds like things I flat out avoid when possible. No wonder I don't have one. But I can see the appeal if that helps one extracate themselves sooner."

A nod of understanding at the explanation of flexibility and self employment. While she was full payroll with benefits, they did a healthy share of work with such individuals as Chambers. It more than once had been tempting to make the jump, but she had spoken to enough of them to know that the prized flexibility didn't come on day one.

Her answer, when it comes, carries the same seriousness that his question is delivered in. "There are similarities, yes. The friction between what I do and what you do is ... less than between myself and say... Walker." She knew he wasn't talking lie-work, which meant he had to be getting at their work in the Awakened community.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He raises an eyebrow continuing his mocking jests. 'Coming from the woman who went to a Halloween party to stand around silently and then choke on her drink. I thought awkward parties were your scene.' That was a rather odd night.

He's quite for a time contemplating her answer. Similarities, not the same. So not Mysterium. Similarities and some how more beef with the free council, so not free council, than even the Mysterium, that points to a new most likely candidate. But ultimately immaterial, she is not one of mine. Which ever mystagogue decided that touching your hand to your chest was a good response to a secret greeting needs their head examined. 'You're very good, I hadn't even suspected that.' A general response after all his suspicions had just been proven wrong on one account.

Given the new evaluation a swift change in topic follows. 'Did you find a use for the bird in the end?'
    Health
    Mana

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She winced, "Well- that wasn't supposed to be awkward. But point." Bars weren't her thing. Or drinking alcholic beverages. And given that had been a bar where alcoholic drinks featured heavy ... he earned the point.

She pushed a smile out, "Maybe I need to get one then. Recomend any good brands?"

As he thinks, she turns back to the display, scanning over the text and accompanying visuals. When he does finally speak, she blinks somewhat in surprise and then gives a small laugh. "Thank you ... I think?" She wasn't fully sure what she was apparently very good at, but she could still say thank you for the compliment.

"The bird?" she repeated, the shift in conversation catching up to her slowly, "OH- the bird! Not yet. I'm still processing it..." she pauses, again turning to him. Watching him to make sure her next words wouldn't trigger, "Removing the parts that I don't need or want. Soft bits. Feathers."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread